Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anti Welsh chants 18:21 - Aug 24 with 19709 viewstreboethjack

Does anyone genuinely take offense ? if anything I feel it spurs us on at times. Can they really be classed as racist?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/crackdown-urged-anti-welsh-chants-f

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Anti Welsh chants on 18:23 - Aug 24 with 14667 viewsJackfath

I really dont think we are in a position to say anything when we are regularly able to be heard singing that England is full of shit.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Anti Welsh chants on 18:26 - Aug 24 with 14660 viewstreboethjack

Exactly, it goes both ways. I personally just see it as 'banter' but maybe some do take offence?

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Anti Welsh chants on 18:33 - Aug 24 with 14631 viewsPhil_S

So if someone shouts sheep shaggers they are going to get chucked out

Or Jim is going to report them?
Anti Welsh chants on 18:35 - Aug 24 with 14625 viewsEuropaJack

Anti Welsh chants on 18:23 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

I really dont think we are in a position to say anything when we are regularly able to be heard singing that England is full of shit.

"“We have got to make sure people are more educated. We should start with the fans. They should decide to be more supportive of their club, rather than just abuse the other set of fans,” Mr White said."

So mr White doesn't want us to have banter with the other set of fans? Is he the guy that wrote in to the Evening Post about the 'cardiff scum' chant as well - maybe he should take up something a little more gentle on his poor ears?

Blog: Diplomatic - But Time To Bin International Friendlies

Anti Welsh chants on 18:46 - Aug 24 with 14605 viewsFlashberryjack

For goodness sake! when will this racist bullshit ever end.
I'm welsh and proud of it - if smeone called me a welsh b**tard, the only issue I'd have is the b^^tard bit.

I expect some black people are proud of the fact that they are black, and why shouldn't they be? that's who they are.

Unfortunately many use the racist card for self gratification, and are doing race relation more harm than good.

Now discrimination is a very different matter.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Anti Welsh chants on 19:08 - Aug 24 with 14553 viewsFieryJack

Anti Welsh chants on 18:46 - Aug 24 by Flashberryjack

For goodness sake! when will this racist bullshit ever end.
I'm welsh and proud of it - if smeone called me a welsh b**tard, the only issue I'd have is the b^^tard bit.

I expect some black people are proud of the fact that they are black, and why shouldn't they be? that's who they are.

Unfortunately many use the racist card for self gratification, and are doing race relation more harm than good.

Now discrimination is a very different matter.

Most of the time it is fairly harmless banter (from either side)...But you're always going to get some proper nasty hate-mongers joining in.

About 10 years or so ago I found myself in the South Stand at Leeds (the hard core ruffians' favoured vantage point). The game was against Cardiff. Some bloke next to me was absolutely beside himself with anger and hatred for the Welsh. All game he kept up a barrage of vile, foul-mouthed abuse which I can't print here - the most gentle was along the lines of "you effin Welsh, sub-human scum".

This bloke, virtually foaming at the mouth, had his son with him, and all. It's the only time in over 30 years of going to games that I've felt like lamping someone.
Anti Welsh chants on 19:13 - Aug 24 with 14526 viewsChono

Sanitised football. Money talks.
Anti Welsh chants on 19:15 - Aug 24 with 14514 viewslatchford

It's banter. As long as it doesn't go too far I think everyone should laugh it off. Football is in danger of becoming too sterile.
Login to get fewer ads

Anti Welsh chants on 19:21 - Aug 24 with 14502 viewsChono

Anyone found racially abusing somebody should be banned from football grounds for life. Anyone who comes up with a chant on the day that destroys an opposition players confidence or picks on a ginger haired Mackem in the away end should get free admission to the next game
[Post edited 24 Aug 2013 19:26]
Anti Welsh chants on 19:31 - Aug 24 with 14476 viewsFieryJack

Anti Welsh chants on 19:21 - Aug 24 by Chono

Anyone found racially abusing somebody should be banned from football grounds for life. Anyone who comes up with a chant on the day that destroys an opposition players confidence or picks on a ginger haired Mackem in the away end should get free admission to the next game
[Post edited 24 Aug 2013 19:26]

That's a bit daft, mate, considering that after the Scots and Irish, the Welsh have the highest proportion of redheads per head of population in the world. It's a celtic thing.

Also, please note, the letters in the word "ginger" can be rearranged to spell out the "N" word. A lesson there, I think.
Anti Welsh chants on 19:32 - Aug 24 with 14463 viewsChono

Anti Welsh chants on 19:31 - Aug 24 by FieryJack

That's a bit daft, mate, considering that after the Scots and Irish, the Welsh have the highest proportion of redheads per head of population in the world. It's a celtic thing.

Also, please note, the letters in the word "ginger" can be rearranged to spell out the "N" word. A lesson there, I think.

You are clearly mental. You read way too much into things. Football isn't for you. Try social work.
Anti Welsh chants on 19:43 - Aug 24 with 14440 viewsDarran

One of the funniest things I've ever heard at the Liberty was the Malmo fans sing sheep shaggers t'other week.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anti Welsh chants on 19:48 - Aug 24 with 14423 viewsFieryJack

Anti Welsh chants on 19:32 - Aug 24 by Chono

You are clearly mental. You read way too much into things. Football isn't for you. Try social work.

Yeah, I see your point. Maybe I'm being a bit too serious about it.

Just that my ex., half my step kids and grand kids happen to be redheads! (from the Bont). So I'm bound to be a bit defensive about it.

Football's been "for me" for over 4 decades.

My sister happens to be a social worker. Nowt wrong with that, is there?

Next you'll be saying that teachers, social workers, probation officers, traffic wardens and other people in unpopular professions should be barred from attending matches.

"You are clearly mental" - Love that line. Seriously. Am going to use it soon of someone else. Maybe down the pub later tonight.
Anti Welsh chants on 19:49 - Aug 24 with 14412 viewsChono

Anti Welsh chants on 19:48 - Aug 24 by FieryJack

Just that my ex., half my step kids and grand kids happen to be redheads! (from the Bont). So I'm bound to be a bit defensive about it.

Next you'll be saying that teachers, social workers, probation officers, traffic wardens and other people in unpopular professions should be barred from attending matches.

"You are clearly mental" - Love that line. Seriously. Am going to use it soon of someone else. Maybe down the pub later tonight.

It's all good mush. Just smile.
Anti Welsh chants on 19:52 - Aug 24 with 14398 viewsJackfath

Anti Welsh chants on 19:48 - Aug 24 by FieryJack

You shouldn't be allowed to have kids if you carry the rogue ginger gene. Also, how is teaching an unpopular profession?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Anti Welsh chants on 20:13 - Aug 24 with 14338 viewscontroversial_jack

Anti Welsh chants on 19:52 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

You shouldn't be allowed to have kids if you carry the rogue ginger gene. Also, how is teaching an unpopular profession?

Welsh isn't a race, neither is English. There really is no such thing as racism, just political correctness.
Anti Welsh chants on 20:18 - Aug 24 with 14323 viewsFieryJack

Chono - no problem, mate.

Jackfath - Teachers: I just meant they're unpopular (along with social workers) with the right wing press (Mail etc) not with the general public.
Anti Welsh chants on 21:31 - Aug 24 with 14225 viewsdavidaeaton

Anti Welsh chants on 19:43 - Aug 24 by Darran

One of the funniest things I've ever heard at the Liberty was the Malmo fans sing sheep shaggers t'other week.

That gave me a good giggle, I wander if they were told to sing it? Or did they research it? Or are we that renowned for bestiality
[Post edited 24 Aug 2013 21:31]

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

Anti Welsh chants on 21:42 - Aug 24 with 14193 viewsDarran

Anti Welsh chants on 21:31 - Aug 24 by davidaeaton

That gave me a good giggle, I wander if they were told to sing it? Or did they research it? Or are we that renowned for bestiality
[Post edited 24 Aug 2013 21:31]

Some people clearly take life to seriously Dai.

Anti Welsh chants on 21:46 - Aug 24 with 14182 viewspencoedjack

Anti Welsh chants on 19:43 - Aug 24 by Darran

Dar in Malmo they sang to the tune of Pink Floyd's brick in the wall

Hey Swansea leave them sheep alone

Quality if you ask me
Anti Welsh chants on 21:47 - Aug 24 with 14175 viewsDarran

Anti Welsh chants on 21:46 - Aug 24 by pencoedjack

Dar in Malmo they sang to the tune of Pink Floyd's brick in the wall

Hey Swansea leave them sheep alone

Quality if you ask me

I agree,superb stuff.

Anti Welsh chants on 21:48 - Aug 24 with 14171 viewsJackfath

We should start a thread asking for peoples suggestions for anti anti welsh songs.

Anti Welsh chants on 21:49 - Aug 24 with 14165 viewsDarran

Anti Welsh chants on 21:48 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

We should start a thread asking for peoples suggestions for anti anti welsh songs.

And all the carrot tops.

Anti Welsh chants on 21:50 - Aug 24 with 14158 viewsJackfath

Anti Welsh chants on 21:49 - Aug 24 by Darran

And all the carrot tops.

And people who are from Pencoed.

Anti Welsh chants on 21:51 - Aug 24 with 14155 viewsDarran

Anti Welsh chants on 21:50 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

And people who are from Pencoed.

Back in the day if you were a bit crazy they'd send you to Bridgend.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024