Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread 17:27 - Aug 29 with 42735 viewstreboethjack

SWANS: Tremmel, Rangel, Chico Flores, Amat, Davies, Britton ©, de Guzman, Michu, Pozuelo, Hernandez, Donnelly.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 21:53 - Aug 29 with 3396 viewsLaudrup

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 21:13 - Aug 29 by lifelong

I disagree.

I wouldn't call the home performances against Man United, Malmo and Petrolul lacklustre in any shape or form. I didn't see the Spurs game so can't comment on it.

Our away game against Malmo was a decent enough performance which got the job done and our performance this evening was good considering the fact that we were without our captain, £12m signing and both of our regular wide men.

These types of games are never going to be easy.

"considering the fact that we were without our captain, £12m signing and both of our regular wide men. "

Pablo played tonight, he's the regular wide man together with Routledge. Dyer is only 3rd choice,

I hate signatures

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 21:55 - Aug 29 with 3379 viewsBelfast

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 21:53 - Aug 29 by Laudrup

"considering the fact that we were without our captain, £12m signing and both of our regular wide men. "

Pablo played tonight, he's the regular wide man together with Routledge. Dyer is only 3rd choice,

Thats another club who don't deserve a fu ck, out the competition.

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 22:03 - Aug 29 with 3331 viewswr72

Dyer might have started or come on and had an impact in the game.Don't you think?
Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 22:07 - Aug 29 with 3296 viewsmawdlamjack

jdg and pablo an embarrassment to the shirt tonight. its worrying that we can't keep the ball or string 3 passes together, again defending to deep ,but on the bright side 6-3 and through to the group stage. we wern't at premiership standard tonight and need to improve for sunday against west brom lets hope we can turn that corner and get our first points on the board

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 22:07 - Aug 29 with 3298 viewsPedroJack

Dyer's pace would have destroyed them tonight. Edit - 5 bookings for us plus Leon's red to the dirty Romanian's 2 is a joke aswell!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2013 22:28]
Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 22:27 - Aug 29 with 3224 viewsstenergut

I know I'm not a regular, but I've watched most of Swanseas perfomances last season. And Dyer was horrible the last half - 2/3 of the season. ML even tried moving him out of position to help him improve his game. Then he scored two goals at Wembley against a lower league team and suddenly he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Also disappointed with Pablo Hernandez. He was so good at Getafe, but in Swansea he's been is a shadow of himself. He only shines briefly once a while.

Routledge alternates between world class and gash.

My hopes rest with Ponzuelo.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2013 0:20]
Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 22:45 - Aug 29 with 3176 viewsJokeren1943

To me Pozuelo is starting to be third choice. Close to taking a spot from Pablo or Routledge.
Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 22:50 - Aug 29 with 3157 viewsPozuelosSideys

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 22:45 - Aug 29 by Jokeren1943

To me Pozuelo is starting to be third choice. Close to taking a spot from Pablo or Routledge.

Routledge/Pablo/Dyer. All can go from excellent to garbage to excellent again from game to game. Sometimes within a game.

Everyone slates him, but Lamah looks like he has the potential to be a decent player for us. Im not sure why everyone has had a pop as ive seen him do very little wrong in the small amounts of game time hes had

Pozuelo needs to play behind the striker for me, hes wasted out wide.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 23:00 - Aug 29 with 3115 viewsPureRockFury

Jdg seems like a tourist this season, wandering genially around the pitch without a care in the world. I thought I noticed a dslr camera hanging around his neck and a bumbag full of museum vouchers during his carefree period on the pitch tonight.

Overall, tonight is a learning experience for all of us - including the fans -,I'm firmly in the 'job done over two legs' camp. Too much analysis is not necessary for a game like that - something we need to learn. The wba game is the barometer for where we are, tonight was just a glorified friendly.

Even the bad times were good.

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 00:13 - Aug 30 with 2977 viewsborinifanclub

JDG and Pablo were awful......KI was huge improvement.....their first scorer should have been sent off for putting leon into orbit in first minute...worst ref ever.. Lamah deserves more game time..maybe sunday as he is owed a goal at the hawthornes...if wba are fair they will stand aside and let him score to make up for that stupid robbing ref last year...we can dream cant we.......meanwhile lets put it behind us the prem can start again on sunday and we are in Europe properly now, lets get behind the boys stop knocking and enjoy the good bits while they are here

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 00:20 - Aug 30 with 2965 viewsBelfast

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 00:13 - Aug 30 by borinifanclub

JDG and Pablo were awful......KI was huge improvement.....their first scorer should have been sent off for putting leon into orbit in first minute...worst ref ever.. Lamah deserves more game time..maybe sunday as he is owed a goal at the hawthornes...if wba are fair they will stand aside and let him score to make up for that stupid robbing ref last year...we can dream cant we.......meanwhile lets put it behind us the prem can start again on sunday and we are in Europe properly now, lets get behind the boys stop knocking and enjoy the good bits while they are here

Its hard to keep the ball with a bunch of thieves up your ass, fouling and spitting.

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 00:22 - Aug 30 with 2961 viewsBelfast

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 22:07 - Aug 29 by PedroJack

Dyer's pace would have destroyed them tonight. Edit - 5 bookings for us plus Leon's red to the dirty Romanian's 2 is a joke aswell!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2013 22:28]

Im glad he didn't play, the non leaguers would have broken his legs.

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 00:38 - Aug 30 with 2932 viewsMagicDaps

How did we get 5 yellows and 1 red compared to the Romanians 2 yellows?

The kept slapping us in the face, Pozuelo took a few blows to the face, Donnelly got smacked by that Alves lad. They were going in to challenges stronger than us, when they kicked the ball away a couple of times in the first half nothing was given and when we did it we were booked on both occasions. Tremmel was booked for time wasting before he could even pick up the ball. Thought Donnelly's goal was very harshly ruled out, not sure it hit his hand and if it did it was surely ball to hand.

Great result over the two legs though.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 01:30 - Aug 30 with 2886 viewsBelfast

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 00:38 - Aug 30 by MagicDaps

The kept slapping us in the face, Pozuelo took a few blows to the face, Donnelly got smacked by that Alves lad. They were going in to challenges stronger than us, when they kicked the ball away a couple of times in the first half nothing was given and when we did it we were booked on both occasions. Tremmel was booked for time wasting before he could even pick up the ball. Thought Donnelly's goal was very harshly ruled out, not sure it hit his hand and if it did it was surely ball to hand.

Quite simply they are a filthy fu cking non league bunch of thefters.

Done.

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 03:29 - Aug 30 with 2847 viewsDeluxe

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 00:38 - Aug 30 by MagicDaps

Nah, the ref did a good job. Typical European referee, always helping a bit the home side, get used to it. Donnelly's goal was correctly ruled out. He should have scored in the first try btw.

People in Ploiesti was very dissapointed with their team's attitude in Wales. All these days they were stressing how important was to win the 2nd leg and 'to clean' the image of the first game, especially the coach Contra (he even said the 4-0 win wasn't impossible, trying to motivate his boys). So it's normal they played so...aggressive.

I don't think your team played that bad. Vitesse did worse in Ploiesti and they got a 1-1 (not enough at the end :) ). To be honest, I expected Petrolul would create more clear chances, but Swansea defended relatively well and Grozav's absence was important. Petrolul at home is not an easy rival. They press and run the 90 minutes and their fans are wild. I don't remember when was the last time they lost there. Even Steaua suffer there, and they are a CL team after all :)

Good luck in the groups stage. Maybe you share group with Pandurii, the only Romanian team still in the tournament.
Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 07:34 - Aug 30 with 2746 viewsJackRoyalThomas

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 19:53 - Aug 29 by BLAZE

Am I the only person that would like to see us persist with Ki over JDG?

Good to see Ki back in the game and he should definately get a proper chance to prove him self this season. I would be very disapointed if he were to be loaned out. But a lot of things happens behind the curtain we dont know about and it does seem that Kis mind hasn't been 100% on football and Swansea since he arrived a year ago.

But imo he's definately talented enough for Swansea.
Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 07:56 - Aug 30 with 2708 viewsmonmouth

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 00:20 - Aug 30 by Belfast

Its hard to keep the ball with a bunch of thieves up your ass, fouling and spitting.

This is what I was thinking as well watching the game on the box. The number of niggling, play stopping fouls from them, and feet left in after the ball was passed, had a major effect. A better ref would have helped us no end. It's hard to take or give a pass when you know you'll get a kick or a slap or a raked calf each time. Definitely contributed to the ball being like an overhit hot potato.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 08:12 - Aug 30 with 2678 viewsNOTRAC

Why the praise for Ki.Yes he is good on the ball, we know that already,but it is no coincidence our midfield disappeared after he came on. Without the ball he hides.Until he gets stuck in and runs about a lot more, he doesn't convince me.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 09:52 - Aug 30 with 2574 viewsPetrolulFan

Sincere congratulations from a Petrolul fan. You obviously played much better than us and our fans wish you luck in the future. We kindly ask you not to judge all of us just because of a few pricks who used some lasers. Also, we were booing your players just to put pressure on them , we have nothing personal with them. To be noted that when your players entered the pitch for the pre-match training the whole stadium started clapping. We are very happy that we got to this stage, because 3 years ago we were playing in the second division on a 700 seat stadium while this one was being built. Again, we wish you luck both in Europe and in the Premier League, although personally I'm an Aston Villa fan. Cheers!
Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 09:54 - Aug 30 with 2569 viewsBelfast

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 09:52 - Aug 30 by PetrolulFan

Sincere congratulations from a Petrolul fan. You obviously played much better than us and our fans wish you luck in the future. We kindly ask you not to judge all of us just because of a few pricks who used some lasers. Also, we were booing your players just to put pressure on them , we have nothing personal with them. To be noted that when your players entered the pitch for the pre-match training the whole stadium started clapping. We are very happy that we got to this stage, because 3 years ago we were playing in the second division on a 700 seat stadium while this one was being built. Again, we wish you luck both in Europe and in the Premier League, although personally I'm an Aston Villa fan. Cheers!

Your team are utter thugs,hope your proud.

Its hard to be positive towards you after a display like that.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2013 9:56]

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 09:56 - Aug 30 with 2563 viewsPetrolulFan

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 09:54 - Aug 30 by Belfast

Your team are utter thugs,hope your proud.

Its hard to be positive towards you after a display like that.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2013 9:56]

Yeah, unfortunately that's pretty much the level of Romanian football. We know we are no match for you, but we know have something to be proud about: we defeated a Premier League side.

I don't think it is that hard. We, the supporters, didn't have anything to do with how the team played. It seems pretty logical.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2013 9:58]
Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 10:03 - Aug 30 with 2542 viewsBelfast

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 09:56 - Aug 30 by PetrolulFan

Yeah, unfortunately that's pretty much the level of Romanian football. We know we are no match for you, but we know have something to be proud about: we defeated a Premier League side.

I don't think it is that hard. We, the supporters, didn't have anything to do with how the team played. It seems pretty logical.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2013 9:58]

It wasnt meant to be personal.

Although a few of us here did like the Adicts banner behind the goal. The cartoon face of Monkey from The Adicts. ( punk band from ipswich,uk)

If that makes any sense.

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 10:11 - Aug 30 with 2528 viewsLobo

Petrolul can be proud of their win. They did what was needed against a technically better side. They were desperate for a win and we just needed to get through the game without too many issues. Unfortunately Britton got sent off and we picked up a few needless bookings but it'll be a good lesson for us when we need to get a result later in the competition from an away game with hostile crowds and poor referees.
Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 10:20 - Aug 30 with 2518 viewsFCPfan

Your keeper wasted time from the first minute, he should have a yellow card for repetead stalling in the first half an hour. Also, was penalty and red card for Chico, he hit Hamza's prop leg whith the knee. I cant't believe you think you were disadvantaged .
You think we are a 3rd division team and you are right but you you are a 3rd division too. Try not to relegate this year.
Regarding suporters we are in the first league and you in the amator's league!
Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 10:26 - Aug 30 with 2495 viewsPetrolulFan

Petrolul Ploiesti V Swansea city matchday thread on 10:20 - Aug 30 by FCPfan

Your keeper wasted time from the first minute, he should have a yellow card for repetead stalling in the first half an hour. Also, was penalty and red card for Chico, he hit Hamza's prop leg whith the knee. I cant't believe you think you were disadvantaged .
You think we are a 3rd division team and you are right but you you are a 3rd division too. Try not to relegate this year.
Regarding suporters we are in the first league and you in the amator's league!

Every country has it's kind of supporters and each with their own way of supporting their team. That doesn't mean some are better than others because of their style.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024