Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? 20:57 - Sep 16 with 26343 viewsLord_Bony

Considering his young age needs a bit more experience to become a great asset for us.

Still some sloppy play that needs sorting out.

Got a habit of hoofing it blindly

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 16:08 - Sep 17 with 3253 viewslifelong

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 15:31 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Lifey.
You re back to that scapegoat again.
Its been sacrificed more than in the book of Genesis.

Andrew..epic? I know you re a pisstaker but in all honestly I truly hope you don't believe that.

He s ,as I said, not a bad player but one whose faults are ignored by those who just love him.

JDG has been gash so far and a scapegoat but was resurrected to play a very good game.

Players are there to do their very best for us.If they don't, if "WE" don't think its the best then as fans we profer our opinion.
Is that so feckbad .

I wouldn't dream of taking the piss Perchy but just because a player doesn't come off the pitch with 20 stitches, a broken nose and half his hair missing doesn't mean that he's a bad player.

Every player gives the ball away at some stage during a game, it;s what they do when they don't give the ball away which separates the good players from the very good ones.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 16:19 - Sep 17 with 3236 viewsDarran

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 16:08 - Sep 17 by lifelong

I wouldn't dream of taking the piss Perchy but just because a player doesn't come off the pitch with 20 stitches, a broken nose and half his hair missing doesn't mean that he's a bad player.

Every player gives the ball away at some stage during a game, it;s what they do when they don't give the ball away which separates the good players from the very good ones.

Scouce is a lovely fella but he's like a f*cking stuck record when he gets his claws into someone.

For our younger viewers that's 2 Ozs of Plastic with a Hole in the Middle.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 16:31 - Sep 17 with 3210 viewsblaine_scfc

Not sure it's been mentioned, but I liked the way michu celebrated when he scored the equaliser. Went straight to Jonjo, shows a good team spirit and when things aren't going well they stick together.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 19:32 - Sep 17 with 3090 viewsDr_Winston

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 15:53 - Sep 17 by VetchitBack

This is a real "heart versus head" one. I like Jonjo Shelvey as a person. I don't particularly like Pablo or more poignantly De Guzman but I recognise that the latter two (particularly De Guzman) fit seamlessly into our style of play. I don't think Shelvey does currently but hope dearly that he does in time.

On the other hand we have been crying out for a never-say-die, hardman and I believe his signing was in recognition of this.

I see two options. Either he becomes more Swansea City or Laudrup could give instruction along the lines of; "Leon is our holding midfielder responsible for ball retention whilst Jonjo as our attacking midfielder has no such obligation."

That's very fair.

I will maintain that given the choice between the two, I prefer JdG to Shelvey at present. He's a calming presence on the ball. Not as all action as Shelvey for sure, but just as creative and far less risky. Jonjo's got all the tools to become a top player, but we have seen against the better teams that he's still got a lot to learn.

Be interesting to see how they pair up as a midfield combo too. Plenty of good play between them last night. Maybe JdG's calmer, more laid back style will brush off on him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 19:54 - Sep 17 with 3074 viewsJackanapes

De Guzman has been playing like a fairy of late, right up until last night, where I thought he was simply outstanding. Pablo followed up his wonder show vs WBA by getting injured.. (hmm, didn't that happen before?) It seems we have plenty of talent, just not quite the consistency, but then if either Hernandez or De Guzman played to their best EVERY game, they wouldn't be playing for us.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 19:56 - Sep 17 with 3030 viewsDarran

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 16:31 - Sep 17 by blaine_scfc

Not sure it's been mentioned, but I liked the way michu celebrated when he scored the equaliser. Went straight to Jonjo, shows a good team spirit and when things aren't going well they stick together.

Michu did the glasses celebration too.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 20:03 - Sep 17 with 3021 viewsborinifanclub

He is a hero.......he is a Jack ...he is a Jack baarstard...he is one of ours so support him ,love him, or feck off back to legoland

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 20:07 - Sep 17 with 3012 viewsborinifanclub

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 16:19 - Sep 17 by Darran

Scouce is a lovely fella but he's like a f*cking stuck record when he gets his claws into someone.

For our younger viewers that's 2 Ozs of Plastic with a Hole in the Middle.

2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle....classic album!

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Login to get fewer ads

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 20:08 - Sep 17 with 3004 viewsmax936

I think Jonjo's all action style makes mistakes inevitable I expect, but at 21 he's still learning he'll be fine in the long run for me, he's more aggressive than Jdg and will put his foot in, if he could harness a bit more control which Im sure will come, he'll be a great player, him and JD seemed to work well last night though, so hopefully there's a lot more to come from them two as a pairing.
Either way the future looks good for our midfield, Happy Days

Even Adrian Durham was almost singing his praise's tonite, in saying he's what Roy should be looking for in Englands midfield.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2013 20:12]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 20:10 - Sep 17 with 3000 viewsDarran

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 20:07 - Sep 17 by borinifanclub

2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle....classic album!

At least someones on the ball.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 20:17 - Sep 17 with 2981 viewstomdickharry

Laudrup's comments after the game about Shelvey says it all for me fantastic management skills.Shelvey will benefit no end from last night's game and in time will become a very good player.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 20:20 - Sep 17 with 2967 viewsborinifanclub

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 20:10 - Sep 17 by Darran

At least someones on the ball.

Do you like it here? Are you settling in now?
JJ is my angel easy and chico loves his life
Going bananas round here mun (man)

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 20:20 - Sep 17 with 2959 viewsmax936

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:48 - Sep 17 by nickyfran75

Good job you didn;t Maxie

JJS needs to play with his head up more and keep it short and simple on times.

It was that sort of game though, where he was involved in all the major moments it was all there for him to hit the winner or do anther James Hook, you could have sort of seen it happening
[Post edited 17 Sep 2013 20:23]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:18 - Sep 17 with 2902 viewsmawdlamjack

defence made it easy for moses, the biggest questionthat needs asking is what was vorm doing? not the first time this season he's done a gary sprake and stood and watched the ball goin without moving. he calls himself the cat, maybe he should change that to the statue

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:36 - Sep 17 with 2873 viewsLord_Bony

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:18 - Sep 17 by mawdlamjack

defence made it easy for moses, the biggest questionthat needs asking is what was vorm doing? not the first time this season he's done a gary sprake and stood and watched the ball goin without moving. he calls himself the cat, maybe he should change that to the statue

I really did nt understand why he did nt shoot out off his line and dive at the feet of Moses (no biblical pun intended)

Instead he just stood there almost,like a rabbit froze in the headlights.then the ball wizzes to his right and in.

A goalie with lightning reactions would have saved that maybe....who knows.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:38 - Sep 17 with 2869 viewsEVH

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:18 - Sep 17 by mawdlamjack

I have to say, I prefer Tremmel these days
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:45 - Sep 17 with 2847 viewsWarwickHunt

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 20:20 - Sep 17 by borinifanclub

Do you like it here? Are you settling in now?
JJ is my angel easy and chico loves his life
Going bananas round here mun (man)

Many are called, but few get up.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:46 - Sep 17 with 2841 viewsJokeren1943

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:36 - Sep 17 by Lord_Bony

I really did nt understand why he did nt shoot out off his line and dive at the feet of Moses (no biblical pun intended)

Instead he just stood there almost,like a rabbit froze in the headlights.then the ball wizzes to his right and in.

Vorm allways tend to stay on the goalline.

That is just his style.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:48 - Sep 17 with 2837 viewsLord_Bony

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:46 - Sep 17 by Jokeren1943

Vorm allways tend to stay on the goalline.

That is just his style.

Just wish he d come off it sometimes and close the man down.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:49 - Sep 17 with 2833 viewsWarwickHunt

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:36 - Sep 17 by Lord_Bony

No, a goalie with a reach of about ten foot might have saved that.

What the f*ck are you on?
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:57 - Sep 17 with 2815 viewsDarran

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:49 - Sep 17 by WarwickHunt

No, a goalie with a reach of about ten foot might have saved that.

What the f*ck are you on?

Plus he did ok with the header from Sturridge.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 21:59 - Sep 17 with 2806 viewsLord_Bony

I know...

Just think that second goal he could have done better
[Post edited 17 Sep 2013 22:02]

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:00 - Sep 17 with 2806 viewsLord_Bony

[Post edited 17 Sep 2013 22:03]

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 22:17 - Sep 17 with 2772 viewsCatullus

Done better with the second goal.....only if he could move at the speed of light!!

On Shelvey, hero. When he makes a mistake he works his nuts off to get the ball back. His goal was a testament to try, try, try again.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:54 - Sep 18 with 2650 viewsDafyddHuw

Shelvey occasionally plays too deep for an attacking midfielder. One benefit of him playing further up the pitch is that his mistakes wouldn't be so crucial. He needs to stay in front of the back four & Leon/Canas, but tends to get sucked in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024