Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread 11:47 - Sep 19 with 45009 viewsjackharris

EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP A: VALENCIA V SWANSEA CITY Venue: Mestalla, Valencia

Kick-off: 18:00 BST Coverage: Live BBC Radio Wales commentary; live text updates on the BBC Sport website.

Winger Pablo Hernandez will miss Swansea's first group game in the Europa League, against his former club Valencia on Thursday.

The 28-year-old Spaniard has been ruled out because of a hamstring strain and will also sit out Sunday's Premier League match at Crystal Palace.

But Swans striker Wilfried Bony will be fit to face Valencia.

He sustained a rib injury during Monday's 2-2 Premier League draw with Liverpool at the Liberty Stadium.

Europa League group

Match day 1: 19 September Match day 2: 3 October Match day 3: 24 October Match day 4: 7 November Match day 5: 28 November Match day 6: 12 December

Having played in the Europa League and Champions League for the Spanish club, he had hoped his friends and family would have the chance to see him in action there for the Swans.

Speaking before he sustained his hamstring injury, Hernandez said: "Valencia are a big team, and the [other Europa League group] matches against Kuban and St Gallen will be very difficult too.

"But if we can finish first and Valencia second then that would be perfect for me.

"The Mestalla is a big stadium in Spain, and they have great fans too."

Swansea qualified for the group stage of the Europa League after beating both Malmo of Sweden and Romanian side Petrolul Ploiesti in the qualifying rounds.

The Swans entered the Europa League by winning the Capital One Cup with a 5-0 victory over Bradford City at Wembley in February.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2013 12:00]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:15 - Sep 19 with 4147 viewsChief

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:12 - Sep 19 by orion3016

0-0 in other group game, that'll be perfect

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:15 - Sep 19 with 4139 viewsSC_Swan

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:07 - Sep 19 by bluenile

Pozuelo getting on my tit.........he needs to learn to pass it!!...

Ask and you shall receive! Great ball through to Michu!
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Sep 19 with 4139 viewsHerohead

Michuuuuuuuuuuuu

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Sep 19 with 4106 viewsepaul

MMMMMMIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:18 - Sep 19 with 4035 viewsVetchitBack

Our fans don't seem too bothered. I'd be jumping and singing if I was lucky enough to go. Probably hungover.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:18 - Sep 19 with 4003 viewsDr_Winston

Take a f*cking bow son.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Sep 19 with 3983 viewsslate_dk

oh yeah
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Sep 19 with 3968 viewsHerohead

Guzmaaaan
What a goal

Login to get fewer ads

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Sep 19 with 3948 viewsViking_Jack

Better a brief spell of honour than a long rule of shame

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Sep 19 with 3933 viewsDaithejack

F#%k me, if i'm dreaming please nobody wake me up!

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:20 - Sep 19 with 3865 viewsChief

faaaaaaaaaaa kiiin helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

De Guzmannnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:20 - Sep 19 with 3854 viewsorion3016

That free kick has been coming for a season and a bit

Be over there now after

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:20 - Sep 19 with 3836 viewsLaudrupFan

I wish JDG would do that more often...

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:21 - Sep 19 with 3837 viewsSC_Swan

Fan-f*cking-tastic goal, JDG. Fan-f*cking-tastic.
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:21 - Sep 19 with 3818 viewsLord_Bony

This team is world class.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:21 - Sep 19 with 3811 viewsjackess

OMG. Speechless.

COYS
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:22 - Sep 19 with 3774 viewsJokeren1943

Lamahhhhhhh
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:22 - Sep 19 with 3768 viewsPinky

F@cking hell lads. These are good times.
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:24 - Sep 19 with 3671 viewsorion3016

Half of their support was clapping when that went in fair play

Be over there now after

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:25 - Sep 19 with 3654 viewsChief

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:22 - Sep 19 by Pinky

F@cking hell lads. These are good times.

get michu off now! keep him fit for sunday

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:31 - Sep 19 with 3451 viewsHerohead

Now THIS is football

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Sep 19 with 3369 viewsSC_Swan

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:25 - Sep 19 by Chief

get michu off now! keep him fit for sunday

You get a call in to Laudrup on that? Absolutely the right move.
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Sep 19 with 3346 viewsSC_Swan

Think JDG will fancy this free kick as well? haha
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:35 - Sep 19 with 3313 viewsChief

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Sep 19 by SC_Swan

You get a call in to Laudrup on that? Absolutely the right move.

great sub. perfect

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:36 - Sep 19 with 3299 viewsLaudrup

St. Gallen 2-0 up against Kuban.

I hate signatures

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024