Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread 11:47 - Sep 19 with 45006 viewsjackharris

EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP A: VALENCIA V SWANSEA CITY Venue: Mestalla, Valencia

Kick-off: 18:00 BST Coverage: Live BBC Radio Wales commentary; live text updates on the BBC Sport website.

Winger Pablo Hernandez will miss Swansea's first group game in the Europa League, against his former club Valencia on Thursday.

The 28-year-old Spaniard has been ruled out because of a hamstring strain and will also sit out Sunday's Premier League match at Crystal Palace.

But Swans striker Wilfried Bony will be fit to face Valencia.

He sustained a rib injury during Monday's 2-2 Premier League draw with Liverpool at the Liberty Stadium.

Europa League group

Match day 1: 19 September Match day 2: 3 October Match day 3: 24 October Match day 4: 7 November Match day 5: 28 November Match day 6: 12 December

Having played in the Europa League and Champions League for the Spanish club, he had hoped his friends and family would have the chance to see him in action there for the Swans.

Speaking before he sustained his hamstring injury, Hernandez said: "Valencia are a big team, and the [other Europa League group] matches against Kuban and St Gallen will be very difficult too.

"But if we can finish first and Valencia second then that would be perfect for me.

"The Mestalla is a big stadium in Spain, and they have great fans too."

Swansea qualified for the group stage of the Europa League after beating both Malmo of Sweden and Romanian side Petrolul Ploiesti in the qualifying rounds.

The Swans entered the Europa League by winning the Capital One Cup with a 5-0 victory over Bradford City at Wembley in February.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2013 12:00]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:38 - Sep 19 with 5319 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

What a win this will be, it is hard to believe we are beating Valencia 0-3 in the Mestalla.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:44 - Sep 19 with 5128 viewsHerohead

Conserving energy for palace.
Sensible game :-)
Bony is a beast
Michu.... Im lost for words
Pozuelo will be a huge asset
Chico!!! Impressive as always

Sry for any typo's

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:45 - Sep 19 with 5105 viewsorion3016

Right up there with our best ever results

Be over there now after

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:46 - Sep 19 with 5090 viewsSC_Swan

Bony has been a real bonus on defensive set pieces. It seems like he gets half of the clearances.
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:46 - Sep 19 with 5084 viewsorion3016

What a night the jacks are going to have out there

Be over there now after

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:46 - Sep 19 with 5071 viewsexiledclaseboy

One of the glory nights in Swansea City's history. Absolutely fantastic.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:50 - Sep 19 with 4938 viewsobikwas

Amazing result!

Pozuelo is becomming a beast!
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:51 - Sep 19 with 4926 viewsDaithejack

I'm a very proud jack tonight.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:52 - Sep 19 with 4870 viewsorion3016

Dean Saunders on SSN
Although swansea were good I can't believe how bad Valencia were, and that's danger for them on sat back in premier league

He doesn't even know that we're playing on sun
Tw at

Be over there now after

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:52 - Sep 19 with 4854 viewsrossshaw

I actually quite like Lamah after this performance. Seems a handy winger. Different to what we have.
Amat looks like a quality addition too. We have such strength in depth this season

Trundle could still do a job..

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:56 - Sep 19 with 4731 viewsKeyserSoze

It may be a bit premature, but I would be disappointed if we didn't finish top of the group after tonight's performance. Great result for us.

I am glad we lost to Barnsley in the play-offs, everything would have been so much different if we won, even though it was gutting at the time.

Poll: What is the best atmosphere you have experienced at the Liberty?

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 19:57 - Sep 19 with 4700 viewsCaptain

Oh my days did that actually just happen? F*ck me what I'd give to be out in Valencia right now!

https://www.facebook.com/canadianswans A facebook page for Swansea City fans in Canada. Please like, share and spread the word!

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Sep 19 with 4568 viewsKennedy

[Post edited 19 Sep 2013 20:02]

Just call me JFK

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:02 - Sep 19 with 4528 viewsduckling

Got mixed feelings about this game, really liked seeing the Swans playing as well as they did, but at the same time It hurts to watch one of my childhood favorite teams play so badly.

Compared to the Valencia team with Lopez, Ayala and Canizares this team we saw today is hardly a shade of the team they had a decade ago.
Valencia to me has always been a club of solid defense, great keeper and a fast Counter. I didn't see any of that today.

Been supporting the Swans since preeseason last year(Always been a fan of offensive good football, Spanish teams have always had more interest from me than others which is one of several reasons I started following the Swans)

Anyway had hoped for a 2-2 Result pree match, but a 3-0 was deserved.
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:04 - Sep 19 with 4463 viewsreddythered

Forget Valencia's form, forget the sending off, that was a good performance especially away from home.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:04 - Sep 19 with 4454 viewsmax936

Been looking forward to the game all day and it didn't disappoint fanbloodytastic fair do's.

Great game with three great goals, JDG's my fuking word, streuth what a goal.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Sep 19 with 4439 viewsAlbion

Brighton fan here.

Fantastic result for you lot tonight. Congratulations. Some stunning football.

Will be keeping a close eye on your progress in the Europa League as I put £20 on the Swans at 66/1 a few weeks back. You certainly look the part.

From the Estadio Mestalla to Smellhurst Park on Sunday. What a come down. Good luck against the filth ;-)
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:10 - Sep 19 with 4279 viewsairedale

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Sep 19 by Albion

Brighton fan here.

Will be keeping a close eye on your progress in the Europa League as I put £20 on the Swans at 66/1 a few weeks back. You certainly look the part.

From the Estadio Mestalla to Smellhurst Park on Sunday. What a come down. Good luck against the filth ;-)

Now now, they're your neighbours mun.
The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Sep 19 with 4194 viewsSwansNZ

Not a bad start to my Friday.
0-3 away win in Valencia — yeah, I guess I’d have taken that before the game.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:19 - Sep 19 with 4091 viewsNOTRAC

I think that was the best performance by any British side in Europe that I have ever seen.
Forget how bad Valencia were or not, we were absolutely fantastic.Ten out of ten for everyone.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:19 - Sep 19 with 4117 viewsLaudrup

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Sep 19 by Albion

Brighton fan here.

How's Kemy Agustien doing down there?

I hate signatures

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Sep 19 with 4098 viewssnork44

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Sep 19 by SwansNZ

Not a bad start to my Friday.
0-3 away win in Valencia — yeah, I guess I’d have taken that before the game.

I would have taken a draw or a sneaky one nil win, but 3-0 away to a top Spanish side now that is class !!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:22 - Sep 19 with 4076 viewsLaudrup

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Sep 19 by Kennedy

[Post edited 19 Sep 2013 20:02]

The world famous ballboy.

I hate signatures

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:22 - Sep 19 with 4067 viewsPureRockFury

That was nice.

Had a look at some reaction from other clubs, liked this quote from a Sunderland fan:

"I often get sick of the Swansea w*nk fest but if I'm being honest I just wish it was us."

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/valencia-v-swansea.811941/

And some thoughts from our scouse friends...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=308757.0

Lots of love for Pozuelo across the board...

Even the bad times were good.

The Official València CF v Swansea City Europa League Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Sep 19 with 4057 viewsSkipTheJack

What a result! Didn't see that one coming!

The only slight disappointment for me was that the likes of Britton, Ash, Routledge and Monk didn't get to play any part, because this result is the culmination of our amazing progress over the last few years.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024