Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup 08:00 - Sep 20 with 35328 viewssj_jack

I wonder if he fancies sticking around a bit longer?
Laudrup on 01:50 - Sep 21 with 6704 viewscore

Laudrup on 20:33 - Sep 20 by PureRockFury

I can just picture the scene:

May 2014, LIberty Stadium, Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan are in discussion.

Huw Jenkins is gazing with pride at the Europa League cup in the trophy cabinet, his eyes fill with tears of pride, then suddenly his face hardens, the colour drains, and he turns to Martin Morgan

HJ: "Martin, I'm sorry, but...it's about Michael, I just....It's just that....I know we won the Europa League and finished 6th in the Premiership....but....his dinner party conversation, it's just....not what we've come to expect from foreign managers operating at this level...we..*sigh*

MM: "I know Huw, I know....this can't go on...."

Laudrup on 08:08 - Sep 21 with 6622 views2face

Laudrup on 20:09 - Sep 20 by Phil_S

Cos he's not getting any at the moment??

Sorry I was a little unclear. A big part of his success at Swansea is because of Huw Jenkins and the board. And if he goes to another club, he'll not get that same level of support but rather lack of it like when he was at Getafe, Spartak and Mallorca.
Laudrup on 08:18 - Sep 21 with 6604 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup on 08:08 - Sep 21 by 2face

Sorry I was a little unclear. A big part of his success at Swansea is because of Huw Jenkins and the board. And if he goes to another club, he'll not get that same level of support but rather lack of it like when he was at Getafe, Spartak and Mallorca.

Suppose that would depend on where he ends up.

Events this summer (for which Mr. Laudrup should carry a fair chunk of the blame) may have muddied the water somewhat, but I'm not assuming that he's definitely off come next summer. A lot depends on which jobs are available at the time.

If a job is open that interests him more than this one, he'll go. If not, then he may well stay put. I don't see him leaving just because he's bored after two years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup on 08:23 - Sep 21 with 6600 views2face

Even if Laudrup leaves, I have no doubt that Swansea will secure an adequate replacement. Every ambitious manager in the world knows by now that Swansea is the stepping stone for getting a job in the big clubs. I think the board can pretty much pick and choose.
Laudrup on 09:40 - Sep 21 with 6529 viewsNOTRAC

It is only a few months ago that we were told that he was looking to leave because of the rift between himself and Huw Jenkins regarding the signing of new players.
Looking at the quality of the new players who have joined us,and the relatively low prices paid,who won that particular argument I now wonder?

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Laudrup on 09:43 - Sep 21 with 6526 viewsMattG

After the last two summers, I've given up worrying.

If he stays, great. If he leaves, no problem, we move on.

However, I do think the chances of him staying are greater now than they were at the end of last season.
Laudrup on 10:12 - Sep 21 with 6502 viewsjohnlangy

Laudrup on 19:58 - Sep 20 by mawdlamjack

I might seem retarded but I think ml will stay as long as he sees a possibility of improving our lot. the challenge for him is to progress the club, that's a lot less pressure than he'll get anywhere else in world football.

Just what I think. He appears to have different priorities to other managers who just seem to say 'ooh, a 'bigger' Club wants me, i'm off'. The challenge may very well be what keeps him here. As long as we keep moving forward.

As I said in another thread, by the start of next season (I believe we will be still in the PL) we'll have a 25,000 seater stadium (and he'll be aware of the further expansion plans to 33,000), the Fairwood development will be open (another £10 m or so spent which will give him an even better environment to implement his ideas) and he'll have been given another wad of cash to further improve the squad.

I think, and hope, he'll enjoy the challenge.

John
Laudrup on 11:15 - Sep 21 with 6438 viewsSpratty

Laudrup on 16:10 - Sep 20 by LilleFlue

I think this season and no more will be perfect for both Swansea and Michael . I'm not sure Laudrup loves being a manager like Brendan Rodgers or Mourinho , AVB for example.-
also Laudrup can be a bit boring

Don't confuse class and innate ability with a lack of passion. Can you really not tell what this means to Laudrup? But to his mind it is about the club, the team and the supporters, not him.

He is the antithesis of the football dossier. Those that matter can see the magic that he is weaving without him banging a drum or taking the credit for the achievements of others. He just gets on with his job http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24180015

If you are bored of Laudrup you are bored of football.

If you want smoke and mirrors go to the circus.
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup on 11:48 - Sep 21 with 6405 viewsDull1Thomas

Laudrup on 10:12 - Sep 21 by johnlangy

Just what I think. He appears to have different priorities to other managers who just seem to say 'ooh, a 'bigger' Club wants me, i'm off'. The challenge may very well be what keeps him here. As long as we keep moving forward.

As I said in another thread, by the start of next season (I believe we will be still in the PL) we'll have a 25,000 seater stadium (and he'll be aware of the further expansion plans to 33,000), the Fairwood development will be open (another £10 m or so spent which will give him an even better environment to implement his ideas) and he'll have been given another wad of cash to further improve the squad.

I think, and hope, he'll enjoy the challenge.

John

I'm cynical I know I am and therefore I don't think ML would be here this season if we weren't in Europe - being there next year will be the only thing that keeps him Swansea.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Laudrup on 12:09 - Sep 21 with 6380 viewsMattG

Laudrup on 11:15 - Sep 21 by Spratty

Don't confuse class and innate ability with a lack of passion. Can you really not tell what this means to Laudrup? But to his mind it is about the club, the team and the supporters, not him.

He is the antithesis of the football dossier. Those that matter can see the magic that he is weaving without him banging a drum or taking the credit for the achievements of others. He just gets on with his job http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24180015

This is a truly excellent post.
Laudrup on 12:43 - Sep 21 with 6361 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laudrup on 11:15 - Sep 21 by Spratty

Or more accurately Liverpool

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup on 12:56 - Sep 21 with 6339 viewsLord_Bony

It s not about the money,it s not about the fame with M

maybe we tick all the right boxes here and he's content and happy enough to stay a while.
Why not? What s the hurry to move on to a club that would be like working in a pressure cooker.

The Barca job is not all it s cracked up to be. Madrid is a poison chalice.

Chill...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Laudrup on 13:00 - Sep 21 with 6329 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup on 12:56 - Sep 21 by Lord_Bony

It s not about the money,it s not about the fame with M

maybe we tick all the right boxes here and he's content and happy enough to stay a while.
Why not? What s the hurry to move on to a club that would be like working in a pressure cooker.

The Barca job is not all it s cracked up to be. Madrid is a poison chalice.

Chill...

If this summer taught us nothing else it's that it's all about what's best for the reputation of Michael Laudrup.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup on 14:02 - Sep 21 with 6268 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laudrup on 13:00 - Sep 21 by Dr_Winston

If this summer taught us nothing else it's that it's all about what's best for the reputation of Michael Laudrup.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I think that's the whole point but must be looked at in one of two ways.
If we finish 9th again but lose in our next knock out stage of the EL and perform poorly in the domestic cups then if the right job comes along he'll go and wish my sincerest thanks for what he's done here over his tenure.

If we get to the last four of the EL, finish higher in the PL say 6th, or get to another domestic cup final then as long as he is backed again in the transfer market I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign another extension, even if just for another year.

If we were being tight with his transfer budget the club knows now that his judgement in the market can be totally trusted (and let's face it right here and now if the entire playing squad cost £30 million the added value accrued with the success we've had should make the squad's value at least three times that figure at a conservative estimate) then he will just make the club more and more money.

I think we've quantum leapt as a football club under his stewardship and if we continue making progress at a similar pace he would be mad to leave, especially as money isn't his God.

What better for satisfaction (or for gaining a reputation as a great manager) would be taking a smallish club and putting them on the European stage and being successful against some of the giants of the game? Three of the greatest British managers of all time did exactly that - Shankly for Liverpool, Clough for Forest (not forgetting he won the League with Derby before that) and Fergusson with Aberdeen then of course onto Man U. Laudrup's dream would be to do as huge achievements with Swansea and to be mentioned in the same breath as those aforementioned. And strangely enough I actually believe he could do it.

If he goes to Real/Barca/Juventus the expectation of those things is a given. But I'm not naive enough to think he'll never go, but maybe he will after doing something cataclysmic for us first.

And yes, I am a romantic

Laudrup on 14:19 - Sep 21 with 6251 viewsDr_Winston

I have concerns about the whole "if he is backed in the transfer market" thing. He is, and always has been, supported to the best of the clubs abilities, the same as each manager before him since Jackett. The problems will arise when that's no longer enough for him.

Laudrup on 14:29 - Sep 21 with 5612 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laudrup on 14:19 - Sep 21 by Dr_Winston

I have concerns about the whole "if he is backed in the transfer market" thing. He is, and always has been, supported to the best of the clubs abilities, the same as each manager before him since Jackett. The problems will arise when that's no longer enough for him.

Yeah Winnie but this time more than ever before. He wants to keep progressing and if by doing that by shrewd transfers (I.e. Canas for sweet FA and so many others) we will keep improving enough to keep him glued to that recaro seat of his.

Let's not forget that when he came to us he hadn't won anything as a manager outside of Denmark. Now he's won a major domestic trophy for the first time and is managing in Europe with a much stronger squad than he had at his disposal at Getafe.

His joy was evident after the game and though he isn't one for over emotional outbursts it was plain to see just how pumped up he was. And this side has in no way clicked yet, there is a lot more to come and he knows that too. Let's enjoy the ride and see what we've done at the end of the season. Who knows what lays in store

Laudrup on 15:23 - Sep 21 with 5576 viewsM8te

As a Dane I have seen documentaries and other Danish TV journalism about Michael Laudrup.

One thing I remember is, that as a player, he has *never* terminated a contract early. He has stayed for the full length of all his contracts as a player (correct me if I'm wrong). He said that this is what signing a contract means to him: You stay for as long as the contract states. As a manager he has been fired, but he has never resigned early.

One other thing: When he was manager at Getafe, he said he was jealous of the managers of Barca and Real. Because with a team like Getafe, you struggle all season to survive in the league, while Barca and Real can enjoy winning matches 90% of the time.
Laudrup on 16:28 - Sep 21 with 5530 viewspencoedjack

Laudrup on 12:09 - Sep 21 by MattG

This is a truly excellent post.

Seconded
Laudrup on 16:47 - Sep 21 with 5511 viewsDewi1jack

There seems to be a few of us mentally unstable ones, that aren't wishing ML gone "sooner rather than later".
Are the ones wishing him gone the same ones who were attacking Gartw@t Vincent for his comments through the summer?
Personally I hope that ML sees the opportunity to build a legacy here, as happened at Barca. A chance to emulate or even beat someone who ML has admitted a dislike for? He will certainly get more support off the board i.e. left pretty much alone to sort the football side out, within budget than he will at many other clubs.
As long as him and his mrs are enjoying life down here, I think he will see out his contract at least.
Saying that, if Barca or Real ( or similar) came calling, no one could blame him for taking the job.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Laudrup on 17:09 - Sep 21 with 5469 viewsOldjack

Laudrup on 15:23 - Sep 21 by M8te

As a Dane I have seen documentaries and other Danish TV journalism about Michael Laudrup.

One thing I remember is, that as a player, he has *never* terminated a contract early. He has stayed for the full length of all his contracts as a player (correct me if I'm wrong). He said that this is what signing a contract means to him: You stay for as long as the contract states. As a manager he has been fired, but he has never resigned early.

One other thing: When he was manager at Getafe, he said he was jealous of the managers of Barca and Real. Because with a team like Getafe, you struggle all season to survive in the league, while Barca and Real can enjoy winning matches 90% of the time.

quote while Barca and Real can enjoy winning matches 90% of the time.

aye, but where's the challenge in that ? make us all greatness, now that's a challenge and far more satisfying

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Laudrup on 17:14 - Sep 21 with 5460 viewsDanishDuck

I act. start to believe that if everything is working and Swans make good results this year (which they should with that squad), ML will stay.. So much good going on and i think ur lucky to have a guy who knows so much about football in ur house..
The guy was born in a prof-football family and b4 he was 18 he was used to media etc. Only few in football ever can say they have as much experience in this field as him..
They had a sign in Barca (over the stadium "pub" i think) saying: " Enjoy Laudrup" i say the same to u.. bc. when he stops, i dont think u will be better off, no matter who u would find.
Laudrup on 17:22 - Sep 21 with 5441 viewsLilleFlue

Laudrup on 17:14 - Sep 21 by DanishDuck

I act. start to believe that if everything is working and Swans make good results this year (which they should with that squad), ML will stay.. So much good going on and i think ur lucky to have a guy who knows so much about football in ur house..
The guy was born in a prof-football family and b4 he was 18 he was used to media etc. Only few in football ever can say they have as much experience in this field as him..
They had a sign in Barca (over the stadium "pub" i think) saying: " Enjoy Laudrup" i say the same to u.. bc. when he stops, i dont think u will be better off, no matter who u would find.

Yes , Laudrup is god etc.. ffs, ..
Laudrup on 17:26 - Sep 21 with 5425 viewsDanishDuck

Laudrup on 17:22 - Sep 21 by LilleFlue

Yes , Laudrup is god etc.. ffs, ..

Not god.... good :)
Laudrup on 20:46 - Sep 21 with 5327 viewsHerohead

Laudrup on 17:14 - Sep 21 by DanishDuck

Please stop, you are sounding like kiisgod.

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

Laudrup on 21:01 - Sep 21 with 5304 viewsmikl0s

ML and Swans is a perfect match and if ML ever goes to Barca or RM it's more of a sentimental thing than it is a 'omg big club big payday' thing.

Honestly I worry more that Ajax might tempt him - they have an amazing youth department and they are more likely to get CL than Swans.

But regardless of what happens - I'll be here after ML leaves so you won't get rid of all the danes hehe

My worry now is that my home team in Denmark might end up playing Swans in the next round - Esbjerg :)

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024