Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup 08:00 - Sep 20 with 35325 viewssj_jack

I wonder if he fancies sticking around a bit longer?
Laudrup on 14:54 - Sep 22 with 3082 viewsSkyblue

First post, some time lurker :)

Ok, so first of all, I dont think ML is going anywhere because of a big fat check. He has the money he needs to retire already.

2nd, I dont think Swansea will crumble should he leave. The board in Swansea obviously have done a great job of picking good coaches AND staying the course with buying playersto fit into the playstyle they have selected.

Let me elaborate on that a second. I worked as a consultant for a company, where each year, they fired the CEO. The one I worked with was brilliant, knew exactly what she wanted to change. but noone listened. Why, because they knew she would be gone soon. And she was. The 10th CEO in 10 years.

Now look at football clubs. How long time does it take to change replace players, retrain them to change the playstyle to fit the new manager? Usually, 3 years. Thats how long it took Sir Alex Ferguson, one of the best ever. How long time do a coach get? In spain, 3 months. And so you have clubs like Chelsea, Madrid and you know them, that have a new coach each year. And then you have clubs like Arsenal that does very well for their budget, by having an overall strategy. And then you have Swansea, where they think ahead, and select to manager to fit the squad and playstyle.

After Laudrup, I think Swansea will continue to progress. But I dont think Swansea will win neither the PL, nor the CL anytime soon. I think people need to get real here. Ask yourself: When we play Man. United or Chelsea, who in Swanseas squad would the opposing team want to buy? Not really anyone. Rooney is better than michu. Van Persie IS better than Bony and so on. Also most of those players cost 2-10 times as much. Juventus, who never wins anything, have an annual transfer budget of 100m £, which I suppose could buy them all of Swansea FC, stadium included.

I didn't mean to be negative here last. I think ML does a great job. I think he will get Swansea far in EL. Semifinal is my prediction. PL: 6-8. Any cup wins. Probably not. There's some luck involved. :)
Laudrup on 06:11 - Sep 23 with 2913 viewsmikl0s

What people seem to forget is that ML will probably work with HJ and the board for the next appointment - if/when that time comes he won't leave abruptly and he can ease the transition and make sure players who came to Swans to play under ML won't leave etc.

Personally I think he will be here next season also but after that I don't know - I'm still scared about Ajax coming in for him.

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

Laudrup on 07:29 - Sep 23 with 2865 viewsgibs0n

I dont think Ajax would be more interesting than Swansea.
Laudrup on 07:44 - Sep 23 with 2839 views2face

Laudrup on 06:11 - Sep 23 by mikl0s

What people seem to forget is that ML will probably work with HJ and the board for the next appointment - if/when that time comes he won't leave abruptly and he can ease the transition and make sure players who came to Swans to play under ML won't leave etc.

Personally I think he will be here next season also but after that I don't know - I'm still scared about Ajax coming in for him.

I doubt that Laudrup feels great love for Ajax at the moment. They are currently in a legal battle over a tax issue in Holland.
Laudrup on 07:48 - Sep 23 with 2831 viewsLaudrupFan

This thread is ridiculous. Laudrup isn't Jesus.

Laudrup has done a good job. No miracles. The biggest achievement was taking Swansea from League2 to the Championship and then to Premier League. Surviving season 2 and winning the Capital One cup is not enough to impress me. To work miracles he needs to take the club to Champions League.

When Laudrup leaves the asset Swansea will probably (depending on who replaces him) miss the most is the ability to attract players (especially Spanish). But the fame and financial situation could have improved then, so this won't be a big problem anymore.

In the end it is the players making the results. Laudrup and the board just pick the players and set the frames.

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

Laudrup on 07:41 - Sep 24 with 2536 viewsslate_dk

Is there an opening for an extension in there http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24215932
Laudrup on 08:03 - Sep 24 with 2490 viewsHerohead

Laudrup on 07:48 - Sep 23 by LaudrupFan

This thread is ridiculous. Laudrup isn't Jesus.

Laudrup has done a good job. No miracles. The biggest achievement was taking Swansea from League2 to the Championship and then to Premier League. Surviving season 2 and winning the Capital One cup is not enough to impress me. To work miracles he needs to take the club to Champions League.

When Laudrup leaves the asset Swansea will probably (depending on who replaces him) miss the most is the ability to attract players (especially Spanish). But the fame and financial situation could have improved then, so this won't be a big problem anymore.

In the end it is the players making the results. Laudrup and the board just pick the players and set the frames.

No jesus is his son :D

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

Laudrup on 08:24 - Sep 24 with 2463 viewsswanny

DanishDuck - please take my shoes of that sheep - it looks ridiculous

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup on 09:49 - Sep 24 with 2385 viewsslate_dk

Back in 86 when Elkjær and Laurup was the front duo on a rampant national team the following grafitti was spotted in Copenhagen:

What if Jesus comes back tomorrow?
We move Elkjær out on the wing.
Laudrup on 13:45 - Sep 24 with 2273 viewswr72

All depend how this season goes i suppose.God forbid an injury to Bony or even worse Michu and we could yet struggle.On the flip,if everyone stays fit we could win another cup and top 7 and with more money next year to build again then who knows,he might just fancy taking us to another level,yet again.

Whatever happens,he will always be our greatest ever manager.
Laudrup on 14:20 - Sep 24 with 2230 viewsPlasticman

Laudrup on 07:29 - Sep 23 by gibs0n

I dont think Ajax would be more interesting than Swansea.

I think Ajax made for a sour note with Laudrup with that whole thing where they hung him out in the newspapers because they wanted some money the court hadn't ruled in favour for them.

I have a very hard time envisioning him wanting to work for them again.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrup on 22:14 - Sep 24 with 2124 viewsDanishDuck

Laudrup on 08:24 - Sep 24 by swanny

DanishDuck - please take my shoes of that sheep - it looks ridiculous

It was all 4 uuuuuu :(
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024