Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OT- Rugby League World Cup 18:16 - Sep 26 with 5961 viewsVespa

Just a quick heads up for those that might be interested. Fiji play Ireland on the 28th October at Spotland KO 8pm.

Originally only the Main stand, the Sandy and the Pearl Street stand were to be opened but demand has been such that the Wilbutts Lane stand has been opened for the game.
It seems that tickets are also selling fast for this stand also and according to the RFL the game is likely to be a sell out so if you were planning on going but paying on the day (as you often can) then you may be disappointed if you don't get your tickets in advance.

Also Hornets play the Biffs this Sunday in the Play off finals KO 2pm at the Leigh Sporting village, there was a promotion on with the RFL, three finals for a fiver which has been removed but it's likely that any one who wants to pay cash on the day will be able to and get a discount. Just check the RFL's website before you set off.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 18:38 - Sep 26 with 5936 views442Dale

Good news about the sales going well. How many have been sold?

Does anyone know how profits from the game are split up, RFL/Stadium Company etc?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 19:05 - Sep 26 with 5901 viewsColDale

Seems incredible that they charge supporters of the fans involved £20, yet run a promotion elsewhere allowing fans in for a fiver. No wonder the game is in the state that it is.
OT- Rugby League World Cup on 21:01 - Sep 26 with 5833 viewsVespa

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 18:38 - Sep 26 by 442Dale

Good news about the sales going well. How many have been sold?

Does anyone know how profits from the game are split up, RFL/Stadium Company etc?

I don't know how many have been sold but the RFL have told the Rochdale Fijian Association that it was the fastest selling game not featuring England or Australia and its looking like it will be a sell out. Having said that what the RFL call a sell out and what I call a sell out may not be the same thing.

I'm not sure what arrangement Denhurst Park has regarding the game, I was told that they had put a fixed price quote in for the use of Spotland at around the same cost they charge the Dale and Hornets such that whether one or ten thousand turned up they'd get the same.

They should make a lot of money from the bars if they staff them with enough staff, unlike football there'll be serving through out the game.

If the club have got any sense they'll open up the Ratcliffe and put some sort of food on as they'll be people arriving straight from work thirst and hungry.

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 21:07 - Sep 26 with 5819 viewsVespa

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 19:05 - Sep 26 by ColDale

Seems incredible that they charge supporters of the fans involved £20, yet run a promotion elsewhere allowing fans in for a fiver. No wonder the game is in the state that it is.

To be honest Col they are a shower of sh1t, they do it every year and I knew they'd do it this year but I bought mine from the club just to make sure I was sitting with the other Hornets fans.

Although that offer has been withdrawn I'm almost certain you'd be able to pay cash on the day. I've done this for the past three years and never paid more than half. You don't really get a choice of where to sit though which isn't a problem when your a neutral but it would be if you were desperate to sit with your own.

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 21:18 - Sep 26 with 5805 viewsTVOS1907

Have I got this right?

They have opened Willbutts Lane due to demand, meaning a crowd in excess of 6,000 is expected?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 21:45 - Sep 26 with 5780 views442Dale

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 21:01 - Sep 26 by Vespa

I don't know how many have been sold but the RFL have told the Rochdale Fijian Association that it was the fastest selling game not featuring England or Australia and its looking like it will be a sell out. Having said that what the RFL call a sell out and what I call a sell out may not be the same thing.

I'm not sure what arrangement Denhurst Park has regarding the game, I was told that they had put a fixed price quote in for the use of Spotland at around the same cost they charge the Dale and Hornets such that whether one or ten thousand turned up they'd get the same.

They should make a lot of money from the bars if they staff them with enough staff, unlike football there'll be serving through out the game.

If the club have got any sense they'll open up the Ratcliffe and put some sort of food on as they'll be people arriving straight from work thirst and hungry.

With it being half-term it would make sense for a family-themed event to try and get the Ratcliffe full before the game, especially if it's going to be as well attended as you say. Would think Hornets and Dale are working together on this so that everyone benefits.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 21:58 - Sep 26 with 5769 viewsTVOS1907

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 21:45 - Sep 26 by 442Dale

With it being half-term it would make sense for a family-themed event to try and get the Ratcliffe full before the game, especially if it's going to be as well attended as you say. Would think Hornets and Dale are working together on this so that everyone benefits.

If Ireland (or Fiji) win, do they get to play the same team in another game (say, a play-off final) two weeks later?

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 22:01 - Sep 26 with 5762 viewsVespa

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 21:18 - Sep 26 by TVOS1907

Have I got this right?

They have opened Willbutts Lane due to demand, meaning a crowd in excess of 6,000 is expected?

They have opened up the Willbutts Lane.

How many the RFL are expecting I don't know but tickets are selling fast.

You can get an idea of whats avaiable on the RFL website, just hover the cursor over the stand and block.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/rlwc/details/event.aspx?itemref=9305

The other indicator is that there are only "special deals" for the games that haven't sold well and Spotland isn't on the deals page.

http://www.rlwc2013.com/tickets

I've never actually set foot in the Willbutts Lane stand, is there a bar? Should be a good atmosphere with 6000 plus there.

Login to get fewer ads

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 22:08 - Sep 26 with 5753 viewsVespa

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 21:58 - Sep 26 by TVOS1907

If Ireland (or Fiji) win, do they get to play the same team in another game (say, a play-off final) two weeks later?

There's a slight chance that they could meet in the semi finals but England or Australia would have to finish bottom of the group for that to happen........and I can't see that happening.

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 22:26 - Sep 26 with 5727 viewsTVOS1907

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 22:08 - Sep 26 by Vespa

There's a slight chance that they could meet in the semi finals but England or Australia would have to finish bottom of the group for that to happen........and I can't see that happening.

Oh.

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 08:59 - Sep 27 with 5604 viewsjudd

Ireland v Fiji sell out?

Bollocks.

Poll: What is it to be then?

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 09:38 - Sep 27 with 5587 viewsTalkingSutty

Crowd prediction..... 3,942 with 62 travelling from Fiji !!
OT- Rugby League World Cup on 10:08 - Sep 27 with 5574 viewsVespa

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 08:59 - Sep 27 by judd

Ireland v Fiji sell out?

Bollocks.

Probably.

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 15:30 - Sep 27 with 5514 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

We got tickets for the Semi-Final double header at Wembley. £50 a head, great value.

Queens of the Stone Age at Wembley Arena on the evening makes for a great day out.
OT- Rugby League World Cup on 17:54 - Sep 27 with 5456 viewsVespa

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 15:30 - Sep 27 by Albert_Whitehurst

We got tickets for the Semi-Final double header at Wembley. £50 a head, great value.

Queens of the Stone Age at Wembley Arena on the evening makes for a great day out.

Queens of the stone age?

Which league do they play in then?

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 18:04 - Sep 27 with 5448 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

OT- Rugby League World Cup on 17:54 - Sep 27 by Vespa

Queens of the stone age?

Which league do they play in then?

Stones Bitter Championship....
OT- Rugby League World Cup on 00:11 - Sep 28 with 5355 viewssandylaner23

Got my tickets this week for the game. I'm looking forward to witnessing a little bit of history in a World Cup game being played on my home ground, and it will be good to give pat Richards a big send off. £10 each I paid so not bad value.
OT- Rugby League World Cup on 13:16 - Sep 28 with 5285 viewsNerazzurri

Colin Garlick said in his weekly diary this week that sales have been going well and they are expecting anything between 6-8000 there. Most of the main stand is sold out and as we are still a month away from the game I'd say it's fair to assume that there will be a good crowd there.

Forza Nerazzurri

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024