Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread 12:48 - Oct 3 with 31675 viewsjackharris

A few pics to keep the Swiss from being homesick!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 21:48 - Oct 3 with 3644 viewsDarran

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 21:41 - Oct 3 by LaudrupFan

Darran, did you see Tremmel actually catch a ball? watching Vorm you would think that's not possible :)

Yeah I've seen Vorm catch the ball and save penalties plenty of times in our first season in the Prem,but thanks for asking anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 21:57 - Oct 3 with 3442 viewsDaryllTheJack

Good job lads!
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 21:57 - Oct 3 with 3439 viewsKennedy

Great win, one of the best teams down here for pressing us first half.

6 shirts for Michu!

Just call me JFK

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:01 - Oct 3 with 3361 viewsEdmundo

Well done boys, hard fought win, hope the next ine against the russians isn,t so friggin physical.

And we,ve got the cardiff game, which i,m sure will be a tough, physical battle!

Top of the league tonight :-)

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:02 - Oct 3 with 3341 viewsBLAZE

Excellent result from a tough, tough game. I think the tw*t in purple won a competition to be a ref for the day, coz he was absolutely abysmal

Thought Dyer was lively and Vasquez looked tidy. Certainly a different type of striker to Bony which is what Laudrup wanted. Speaking of which, I think Wilf had a decent game again I just don't think we're quite giving him the space around the edge of the area that he needs. It will come though
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:02 - Oct 3 with 3332 viewsSwansNZ

well that was easy in the end, eh!

A win is a win, and that's all that matters - 6 points from 6, that will do nicely!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:02 - Oct 3 with 3326 viewsPlasticman

Great win. Really showed character from the boys.

Also, I really don't think Tiendalli was that bad this game. I noticed he didn't run back at one point near the end where I felt he was needed back, but otherwise he seemed to adapt decent enough to the physical approach of the gallen players and held his own against them while nicking the ball from them too a fair few times.

Plastic since 2012

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:10 - Oct 3 with 3227 viewsJonnyTheJack

Great win. Very impressed by St Gallen. That ref though. Possibly the worst refereeing performance i've seen down here.

4 more points should do it.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:14 - Oct 3 with 3158 viewsDavillin

Reactions to game and posts above.

Ref stank up the place.

Tiendalli was not nearly as bad as the nay-sayers said. I think he's just the nearest "escape goat." He made far more good plays than bad ones.

This was Bony's best game so far. I think he's clearly finding his fit all 'round.

"Alvaro" needs more game time to fit into the Swansea scheme, just as Bony has, but both will definitely fit in and do us proud.

The game was a bit on the brutal side, even without the blood flow.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:14 - Oct 3 with 3150 viewsyescomeon

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 19:47 - Oct 3 by Jokeren1943

May I ask an interesting question. Who would Laudrup pick as sub if either Chico or Amat gets injured during the match as central defenders.

Canas?

[Post edited 3 Oct 2013 19:59]

Unfortunately Michu had plenty of time to bleed tonight.

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:20 - Oct 3 with 3070 viewsdgt73

Well done city 3 more pts, happy day's.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:22 - Oct 3 with 3052 viewsPlasticman

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:14 - Oct 3 by yescomeon

Unfortunately Michu had plenty of time to bleed tonight.

I reckon those shirts woukd fetch a fair price on ebay :P

Plastic since 2012

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:23 - Oct 3 with 3038 viewsDavillin

Oh, and the Routledge goal was beautifully crafted by several players, Bony especially.

Well done, Routledge!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:25 - Oct 3 with 3019 viewsLaudrup

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 19:47 - Oct 3 by Jokeren1943

May I ask an interesting question. Who would Laudrup pick as sub if either Chico or Amat gets injured during the match as central defenders.

Canas?

[Post edited 3 Oct 2013 19:59]

Would probably move Davies in as centre back and bring on Taylor as left back.
Davies played a bit as centre back during a game in pre-season.
I think someone on here wrote he also played as a centre back in Wales last game when Williams was suspended after too many yellow cards?

Probably either that or use Canas as centre back.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2013 22:25]

I hate signatures

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:30 - Oct 3 with 2970 viewsJonnyTheJack

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:14 - Oct 3 by Davillin

Ref stank up the place.

Tiendalli was not nearly as bad as the nay-sayers said. I think he's just the nearest "escape goat." He made far more good plays than bad ones.

This was Bony's best game so far. I think he's clearly finding his fit all 'round.

"Alvaro" needs more game time to fit into the Swansea scheme, just as Bony has, but both will definitely fit in and do us proud.

Like the look of Vasquez. Offers us something different.

Tiendalli's lack of a pre season didn't help. Looks a bit off the pace, positioning wise. He'll get better.
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:43 - Oct 3 with 2882 viewsSenhin

Leon was epic tonight.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:44 - Oct 3 with 2881 viewsDr_Winston

Was probably Pozuelo's worst game for us. His continually drifting inside leaving lots of space (and not doing anything of note whilst he was there) didn't help Tiendalli, although Tiendalli didn't help himself much either.

Still, a hard fought win against a well organised side and hapless whistler is enough to be happy about, minor quibbles aside.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:47 - Oct 3 with 2851 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:43 - Oct 3 by Senhin

Leon was epic tonight.

Yep - magnificent.
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:58 - Oct 3 with 2790 views_williams_

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:02 - Oct 3 by BLAZE

Excellent result from a tough, tough game. I think the tw*t in purple won a competition to be a ref for the day, coz he was absolutely abysmal

Thought Dyer was lively and Vasquez looked tidy. Certainly a different type of striker to Bony which is what Laudrup wanted. Speaking of which, I think Wilf had a decent game again I just don't think we're quite giving him the space around the edge of the area that he needs. It will come though

I don't think I've ever witnessed such a bad ref, to not stop the game for the Michu incident was shocking

As for Vazquez I'd like to see him get more time, made some good runs, looks sharp and very quick, a counter attack with him Dyer and Routledge as our front 3 would stretch most defence's, just need to see if he can keep cool when in on goal!

Overall a good result tonight but I won't relax until I see Rangel and Williams back on the team sheet
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 23:00 - Oct 3 with 2774 viewsDanishDuck

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:14 - Oct 3 by Davillin

Ref stank up the place.

Suuure, thats why Bony was picked out huuh?
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 23:00 - Oct 3 with 2757 views_williams_

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:44 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

Was probably Pozuelo's worst game for us. His continually drifting inside leaving lots of space (and not doing anything of note whilst he was there) didn't help Tiendalli, although Tiendalli didn't help himself much either.

Still, a hard fought win against a well organised side and hapless whistler is enough to be happy about, minor quibbles aside.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I can think of 2 occasions where he was right on top of Bony and denied him a clear chance on goal, I'd say it should be Michu or Pozuelo, never the two of them together
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 23:02 - Oct 3 with 2734 viewsSenhin

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 22:47 - Oct 3 by WarwickHunt

Yep - magnificent.

I was watching with my step father, who hasn't really watched swansea other than when they play united (eeew). At the start he was coming out with "oooooh"'s and "Not liek that" every time Leon moved with the ball in a dangerous area, but by the end he learnt to accept that as long as it's Leon doing it it's fine and changed his outbursts to "go on, son" and "brilliant play" etc

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 23:04 - Oct 3 with 2726 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 23:00 - Oct 3 by _williams_

I can think of 2 occasions where he was right on top of Bony and denied him a clear chance on goal, I'd say it should be Michu or Pozuelo, never the two of them together

Yeah. An awful lot of clutter in the centre tended to bog our moves down and limit our ability to spread it wide in a way that we don't get with two natural wingers in there.

Liked the way Vasquez found the gaps in the backline. That's a promising sign from him. Good intelligence off the ball.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 23:06 - Oct 3 with 2713 viewsNogginthenog

Leon was top drawer tonight, I thought they were a very good side, pressed in all the right places good passers and could have caused an upset. Ref was appalling but 6 points is bang tidy. Full marks to their fans.
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 00:37 - Oct 4 with 2540 viewssomersetsimon

Just got back from the match. Reading a few a reports online and this one looked like the reporter wasn't paying attention.

A poor Swansea performance, but de Guzman was man of the match

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/europa-league-matchpack-swansea-v-st-gallen-1

The ref was absolutely shocking and spoiled the game so it's hard to tell too much from the performance. It was obvious how much we miss Rangel and Williams. Tiendalli was all over the place. I think Chico and Amat are good individually, but they aren't as positionally smart as Williams. Good to see Dyer back on form - he looked really dangerous when he came on.

One question. I haven't seen the replay of the Michu incident. Was he bending down or was the defender's foot high?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024