Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee tonight 22:28 - Oct 3 with 12896 viewsWarwickHunt

Deserves its own thread.

I've seen some shockers over the years (Foy at Blackburn springs to mind...) but this tw@t is in a league of his own.

Shocking. Just f*cking shocking.
Referee tonight on 08:15 - Oct 4 with 2251 viewsBonjour

Referee tonight on 08:07 - Oct 4 by Uxbridge

I'd suggest watching it back.

The xenophobic stuff about foreign refs aside (we've had some very good ones this season), this boy was a shocker. Given their tactic especially in the first half was to physically get at us it's quite startling that he gave more free kicks against us than in our favour at HT. Two bookings to one in our favour equally inexplicable.

Still, as you say, livened up what could have been a dull night. Thought yesterday's atmosphere was much more enjoyable than Saturday.

I have just watched it back - his head is probably just below chest height. The guy kicked the ball first. If that was given against us we'd be fuming.

The ref was garbage, no argument here - just disagree that we should've had penalties.

Shouldn't detract from what was a great win but a very poor performance from us.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2013 8:16]
Referee tonight on 08:19 - Oct 4 with 2233 viewsUxbridge

Referee tonight on 08:15 - Oct 4 by Bonjour

I have just watched it back - his head is probably just below chest height. The guy kicked the ball first. If that was given against us we'd be fuming.

The ref was garbage, no argument here - just disagree that we should've had penalties.

Shouldn't detract from what was a great win but a very poor performance from us.

I think you might need a new TV then cos that's not what happened. Think both were of the nailed on variety but doesn't matter now so we move on.

Not sure as poor as some making out. Sometimes things just don't click and you need to grind one out. Lot of credit to be taken from that. They were no mugs either ... the Swiss league is pretty strong these days.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Referee tonight on 08:31 - Oct 4 with 2192 viewsmonmouth

They were much better than they are being credited. Their movement and passing were fluid and slick. Much like our normal game. If they'd had a cool head in front of goal, they could do some damage, because they were also excellent at not letting the other team play. Can't remember when I last saw such effective pressing. To beat them with no right side until Nathan came on, and being off our game in most aspects, is a seriously good result.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Referee tonight on 08:35 - Oct 4 with 2182 viewsGretsch

Someone has edited Wiki to this :-

As of 04th October 2013 Gomes was indefinitely suspended by FIFA's executive committee who placed him under investigation for ineptitude and possible corruption following an inexplicable performance and blatant disregard of the laws of the game of football in a game featuring Swansea City from England and FC St Galllen of Switzerland
Referee tonight on 08:35 - Oct 4 with 2179 viewsmonmouth

Looked studs first with full follow through to me at upper chest height, where there always might be an attempt to head.. Very dangerous and should have been penalty and red, ball or not imo.

Referee tonight on 08:37 - Oct 4 with 2169 viewsLord_Bony

If that had been Prem League I think they would have immediately been given as penalties.
I don t think he played on as an advantage,I think he did nt spot it.

Btw that is 52 games now without a penalty for us...why,why,why????

Ah well at least they were unlucky to have hit the post with a cracking shot in the dying minutes so some justice was done, but we was also unlucky in similar earlier so that ...oh I ll shut the feck up now....anyway. Boo

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Referee tonight on 08:41 - Oct 4 with 2157 viewsItchySphincter

Referee tonight on 08:31 - Oct 4 by monmouth

They were much better than they are being credited. Their movement and passing were fluid and slick. Much like our normal game. If they'd had a cool head in front of goal, they could do some damage, because they were also excellent at not letting the other team play. Can't remember when I last saw such effective pressing. To beat them with no right side until Nathan came on, and being off our game in most aspects, is a seriously good result.

No doubt they're a good side. Not afraid to mix it up. Nearly came off for them.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Referee tonight on 08:54 - Oct 4 with 2136 viewsJackSomething

The ref joins Linnington against Scunthorpe and Atwell against Havant as the most inept displays of refereeing I've seen at the Liberty.

I doubt Nani was watching this game, but seeing no punishment for the kick to Michu's head would have probably made his head explode considering his sending off last season.

As others have said, at least it made for an entertaining evening. An excellent result from an average performance. If St Gallen's players had been as good in front of goal as the rest of the pitch, we would have lost. To have had a penalty and two clear runs on goal without scoring is shocking.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Referee tonight on 09:04 - Oct 4 with 2119 viewsDevz00

Referee tonight on 00:31 - Oct 4 by Generation_Terrorist

Overtakes Stuart Atwell, Gillingham 1-1 as the worst ref of a Swans game ever.

haha I'd forgotten about that game. Good shout. The ref last night was abysmal.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Referee tonight on 09:28 - Oct 4 with 2077 viewswr72

Deserves another ban the incompetent c**t.
Referee tonight on 10:30 - Oct 4 with 1998 viewssomersetsimon

Referee tonight on 08:35 - Oct 4 by monmouth

Looked studs first with full follow through to me at upper chest height, where there always might be an attempt to head.. Very dangerous and should have been penalty and red, ball or not imo.

Especially annoying as both Chico and Amat were penalised for high feet when they didn't even contact the other player!
Referee tonight on 10:33 - Oct 4 with 1988 viewsbostondanvers

Can anyone explain to me how there was only 1 minute added on time in the first half - it beggars belief !!!!
Referee tonight on 10:33 - Oct 4 with 1986 viewsBonjour

Referee tonight on 08:19 - Oct 4 by Uxbridge

I think you might need a new TV then cos that's not what happened. Think both were of the nailed on variety but doesn't matter now so we move on.

Not sure as poor as some making out. Sometimes things just don't click and you need to grind one out. Lot of credit to be taken from that. They were no mugs either ... the Swiss league is pretty strong these days.

We'll agree to disagree then - watching it live and sober last night and it happened right in line with me and facing me I didn't think it was a pen and haven't seen anything to change my mind.

I agree they deserve credit as well - they did press well and were decent on the ball. I just don't think we helped ourselves with sloppy passing and taking quick free kicks to pass to a player who has an oppo player standing right next to him.

When teams press like that we need to be zipping the ball about not casually rolling it in to players and inviting pressure.

Anyway, win's a win. Would love another at Saints but that's a very tough game.
Referee tonight on 10:35 - Oct 4 with 1979 viewslovejuicejack

What makes me laugh is they actually have a book with the rules in, I mean how hard is it to apply the rules. to award a pen against Tien (which I thought was harsh) but then miss the trip and then the kick to the head on Michu is unforgivable and to top it off he kept Michu off the pitch for 8 minutes.
Referee tonight on 10:36 - Oct 4 with 1978 views2face

I didn't know tackles on the face were allowed.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2013 10:37]
Referee tonight on 10:36 - Oct 4 with 1976 viewsbostondanvers

Can any explain to me how there was only 1 minute of addes time in the first half - it beggars belief !!!
Referee tonight on 10:47 - Oct 4 with 1945 viewsSwanzay

What amazes me this morning is that his inept performance seems to get very little coverage in the match reports (national press), almost brushed under the carpet so to speak.
Surely he must be brought to task for such an abysmal display or are Euro refs holier than thou?
Referee tonight on 10:50 - Oct 4 with 1939 viewsUxbridge

Referee tonight on 10:33 - Oct 4 by Bonjour

We'll agree to disagree then - watching it live and sober last night and it happened right in line with me and facing me I didn't think it was a pen and haven't seen anything to change my mind.

I agree they deserve credit as well - they did press well and were decent on the ball. I just don't think we helped ourselves with sloppy passing and taking quick free kicks to pass to a player who has an oppo player standing right next to him.

When teams press like that we need to be zipping the ball about not casually rolling it in to players and inviting pressure.

Anyway, win's a win. Would love another at Saints but that's a very tough game.

Our ability to cope with the quick press has definitely diminished this season compared to last. That's one of my concerns with Shelvey and Canas. Of course neither played yesterday.

Don't think we can play Michu and Pozuelo in the same team too often from the start though, especially if Bony is playing. All over the shop and usually in each other's way. Needs adjusting.

Referee tonight on 10:53 - Oct 4 with 1929 viewsmonmouth

Referee tonight on 10:50 - Oct 4 by Uxbridge

Our ability to cope with the quick press has definitely diminished this season compared to last. That's one of my concerns with Shelvey and Canas. Of course neither played yesterday.

Don't think we can play Michu and Pozuelo in the same team too often from the start though, especially if Bony is playing. All over the shop and usually in each other's way. Needs adjusting.

We'd better get used to it sharpish. Soton will be all over us, and running around close to the opposition ball players is the only thing our little cousins have in their armoury apart from turning the penalty box into the alamo.

Referee tonight on 10:53 - Oct 4 with 1926 viewsJonTheJack

Referee tonight on 10:50 - Oct 4 by Uxbridge

Agree about the three of them together. Poz needs to play down the middle or not at all because he ends up going in there if played out wide anyway and leaves us exposed.

He does work hard to get back in fairness, but we can easily be punished for it in the PL.
Referee tonight on 11:00 - Oct 4 with 1905 viewsUxbridge

Referee tonight on 10:53 - Oct 4 by monmouth

We'd better get used to it sharpish. Soton will be all over us, and running around close to the opposition ball players is the only thing our little cousins have in their armoury apart from turning the penalty box into the alamo.

It's the latter I see more likely from them. We're built to play away from home and if they come at us then I think we'll pick them to pieces. Pretty much every derby match at legoland has resulted in us dominating possession and them sitting deep.

Hopefully Pablo will be back by then. We really miss his creativity.

Referee tonight on 11:07 - Oct 4 with 1889 viewsperchrockjack

Pablo last night. No ta. I opine that it being a tough physical test he d go missing or simply get injured and go off,as opposed to Michu who is simply astounding. I don't really think all of us understand just how vital he is to us.
A Spaniard of all people showing the rest what guts and application is all about even when injured as he was. Many of his fellow pros would have been taken to hospital whereras this fella would need to be tazered to get him off the pitch. Just wished Bony had his desire .
Ref simply looked like a bent one.Players could have been in real danger last night and not entertaining at all but a feckn disgrace and another lookatme ref.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Referee tonight on 11:47 - Oct 4 with 1838 viewsLord_Bony

Had a kick to the head like that happened outside the ground the person would have been charged with Gbh and possibly a custodial sentence.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Referee tonight on 12:00 - Oct 4 with 1815 viewsmonmouth

Referee tonight on 11:07 - Oct 4 by perchrockjack

Pablo last night. No ta. I opine that it being a tough physical test he d go missing or simply get injured and go off,as opposed to Michu who is simply astounding. I don't really think all of us understand just how vital he is to us.
A Spaniard of all people showing the rest what guts and application is all about even when injured as he was. Many of his fellow pros would have been taken to hospital whereras this fella would need to be tazered to get him off the pitch. Just wished Bony had his desire .
Ref simply looked like a bent one.Players could have been in real danger last night and not entertaining at all but a feckn disgrace and another lookatme ref.

Luckily Bony had the desire to set up the winning goal with an extraordinarily accurate strike from an acute angle.

Referee tonight on 12:57 - Oct 4 with 1745 viewsJonathans_coat

Watched it live, and now again on the telly. Referee was very poor. Missed blatant, card worthy fouls and by them and one by us. He whistled for a foul every time Bony legally (in my opinion) outmuscled his marker whilst in possession of the ball, which effectively took him out the game first half. The whole Michu debacle was a complete joke! First he missed the clear, studs up contact with his head, in the box. Then endangered that players health by refusing to stop the game and ordering Michu to get up (with a hand gesture), when he clearly had a serious head injury and blood pouring down his face! He then compounded his error and further endangered the player by not stopping the game to allow the physio to treat the player, ordering Michu to stay where he was and the Physio to run around the outside of the pitch while the game continued on for nearly 10 minutes with us a man down. Tiendallis penalty decision was harsh but fair, although that seems to happen almost every game and we never get a penalty for it! Our 2 penalty claims where clear penalties in my opinion and I clearly spotted them live from 200 yards away in the west stand! I could be here all day cataloging his many errors but notable ones include a two footed studs up tackle on Ben Davies (red card) not even given as a foul then booked Ben for an outstanding tackle, and my personal favourite, booking both the st gallen player and dyer after he had been scythed down and then involved in handbags initiated by the st gallen player. For those two to come out that situation with the same punishment was frankly ludicrous!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024