Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 20:37 - Oct 19 with 40770 viewsJackbustard

One of his best games in Premier League today for me. Held the ball up well and brought players into play with his strength on the ball. Granted didn't get many chances as he was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders most of them game but put I a good shift for me,

No doubt some will say he's shit because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken.
Bony on 09:40 - Oct 25 with 2560 viewsperchrockjack

I agree strangely enough and think Michu sometimes wants protecting from himself such is his enthusiasm.
I not convinced as yet Bony has the desire although I also agree that he looks like a forlorn lost soul acknowledging passes meant for him that are basically crap. He looks mightily piddles off to me. The fact Laudrup has subbed him in successive matches might suggest he aint to happy either.
I pray this fella comes good ,not for him but for our club as he was a massive investment and for that reason its normal for people to ask questions on an internet site.
Choice of TAYLOR as captain was strange to me. terrific young player but not a captain-not yet anyway

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony on 09:59 - Oct 25 with 2534 viewsmonmouth

Bony on 09:29 - Oct 25 by _

Yeah, maybe, however I for one am over the moon with Jordi Amat and the way he's playing himself into our team.

I wouldn't worry about the Swans and don't get the mini hysteria that's being whipped up. We're sitting comfortably towards the top half of the Prem, especially after a tricky start, we're at the top of our group in Europe, although to not see it out last night was criminal, and we've still got a largely inexperienced squad that's still knitting together.

Whether we appreciate the fact that there's no easy games is another thing. Sunderland being bottom of the league doesn't guarantee a stroll in the park, even though it was in the end and neither will "expected wins" in Europe. We will always be up against finely tuned professionals who's sheer job is to disrupt our style and fight against us.

In the pro game especially we have to respect the opponents we're up against.

Last night for me we were lethargic however and the atmosphere played a huge part. When you're a 'squad' player perhaps coming into the side after a spell where you're not picked for the bigger games will always be tough. If we kept the same starting XI for the next 6 matches we'd see more fluidity but that's not an option for us with our commitments in Europe. We simply have to rotate and that's not going to be easy.

Personally, i wouldn't play Michu in the next Europa game, I'm guessing he tells Laudrup he wants to play every game so he picks him. I'd just like to see how a Swans team would perform without him, especially when we're playing a squad team. He's got a tendency more and more to wander all around the pitch,isolate Bony and chuck a few tantrums around.i love Michu and he's scored again for us last night but sometimes we may play more like a team in the middle top without him, it's certainly worth having a look anyway.

Agree with just about all of that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony on 11:34 - Oct 25 with 2456 viewsLord_Bony

Bony on 23:40 - Oct 24 by lovejuicejack

Even Taylor said there is something missing from the performances .. what is up with us at the moment,we are capable of so much better

Aw c'mon it s not all bad we still got the mettle.

Just look what happened second half last Saturday against Sunderland.

We can still turn on the magic but we seem to need a major event to do it.

Like scoring a goal or something.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Bony on 12:05 - Oct 25 with 2411 views_

Also with Bony last night, I can see him now looking back arm in the air acknowldging the fact that Shelve had sought him out. He'd peeled off the last defender maybe about 25 to 30 yards from goal and he was free, bearing down on goal.....only for Shelvey's pass to fly WAY over the top and straight out behind the goal. Shelvey did a few of these.

Bony can't be blamed for that and it's that type of ball he'll thrive on.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Bony on 12:19 - Oct 25 with 2390 viewswr72

Bony on 12:05 - Oct 25 by _

Also with Bony last night, I can see him now looking back arm in the air acknowldging the fact that Shelve had sought him out. He'd peeled off the last defender maybe about 25 to 30 yards from goal and he was free, bearing down on goal.....only for Shelvey's pass to fly WAY over the top and straight out behind the goal. Shelvey did a few of these.

Bony can't be blamed for that and it's that type of ball he'll thrive on.

Been saying it for weeks on here.He's starved of quality ball whether it be down the middle or from crosses.Take a look at all his Vitesse goals,loads were headers from crosses,something he doesn't get here atm.

As random and leftfield as this will sound ,i'd make an effort to sign Jermaine Pennant,the best crosser of a ball in the PL.
Bony on 12:40 - Oct 25 with 2351 viewsperchrockjack

We need someone as Routledge ,Lamah and Dyer simply cannot Pennant is a bit flaky and would be a risk but might be one worth taking.

Bony looks like he s really pissssed off with things. I ve thought,still do,he could work more to help his cause but the balls he was getting from Shelvey and others were a joke.
Hopefully Laudrup is addressing this problem- and it is a problem

Bony on 12:43 - Oct 25 with 2350 viewswr72

Bony on 12:40 - Oct 25 by perchrockjack

We need someone as Routledge ,Lamah and Dyer simply cannot Pennant is a bit flaky and would be a risk but might be one worth taking.

Bony looks like he s really pissssed off with things. I ve thought,still do,he could work more to help his cause but the balls he was getting from Shelvey and others were a joke.
Hopefully Laudrup is addressing this problem- and it is a problem

Dyer is doing ok mate.It's the other wingers apart from maybe Pablo that are falling short.
Bony on 12:48 - Oct 25 with 2327 viewsperchrockjack

YES he is doing ok but his good work and attitude is often undone by not doing the basic but I like him and he salways trying which is not what Routledge seems to do.
I ve made my feeling of PABLO clear and it says something about the way things are that he of all people is one we are looking to for change.
We are being carried by the Magnificence that is Michu who again put himself in where it hurts for the team.
He is above them all and he droips back in frustration that his mates cannot seem to get their arsesin gear .

Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 12:55 - Oct 25 with 2319 viewswr72

Bony on 12:48 - Oct 25 by perchrockjack

YES he is doing ok but his good work and attitude is often undone by not doing the basic but I like him and he salways trying which is not what Routledge seems to do.
I ve made my feeling of PABLO clear and it says something about the way things are that he of all people is one we are looking to for change.
We are being carried by the Magnificence that is Michu who again put himself in where it hurts for the team.
He is above them all and he droips back in frustration that his mates cannot seem to get their arsesin gear .

I tend to agree,Perch.
Bony on 13:23 - Oct 25 with 2272 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Bony on 09:29 - Oct 25 by _

Yeah, maybe, however I for one am over the moon with Jordi Amat and the way he's playing himself into our team.

I wouldn't worry about the Swans and don't get the mini hysteria that's being whipped up. We're sitting comfortably towards the top half of the Prem, especially after a tricky start, we're at the top of our group in Europe, although to not see it out last night was criminal, and we've still got a largely inexperienced squad that's still knitting together.

Whether we appreciate the fact that there's no easy games is another thing. Sunderland being bottom of the league doesn't guarantee a stroll in the park, even though it was in the end and neither will "expected wins" in Europe. We will always be up against finely tuned professionals who's sheer job is to disrupt our style and fight against us.

In the pro game especially we have to respect the opponents we're up against.

Last night for me we were lethargic however and the atmosphere played a huge part. When you're a 'squad' player perhaps coming into the side after a spell where you're not picked for the bigger games will always be tough. If we kept the same starting XI for the next 6 matches we'd see more fluidity but that's not an option for us with our commitments in Europe. We simply have to rotate and that's not going to be easy.

Personally, i wouldn't play Michu in the next Europa game, I'm guessing he tells Laudrup he wants to play every game so he picks him. I'd just like to see how a Swans team would perform without him, especially when we're playing a squad team. He's got a tendency more and more to wander all around the pitch,isolate Bony and chuck a few tantrums around.i love Michu and he's scored again for us last night but sometimes we may play more like a team in the middle top without him, it's certainly worth having a look anyway.

Agree with the bit about Michu - I wouldn't drop him but if he were injured or suspended then it would be interesting to see what would happen.

One of the good things about our attacking play last season was the cariety of where our 2 wingers and AM would appear throughout the game, sometimes switching, sometimes doubling up on fullbacks etc but instead of supporting the striker the last few games Michu and the wingers seemed to have drifted away from the front man rather than towards.

All small margins and something that will probably sort itself out but there definately needs to be more forward support when we get opportunities - not just on the break.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Bony on 14:14 - Oct 25 with 2231 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 13:23 - Oct 25 by PatchesOHoulihan

Agree with the bit about Michu - I wouldn't drop him but if he were injured or suspended then it would be interesting to see what would happen.

One of the good things about our attacking play last season was the cariety of where our 2 wingers and AM would appear throughout the game, sometimes switching, sometimes doubling up on fullbacks etc but instead of supporting the striker the last few games Michu and the wingers seemed to have drifted away from the front man rather than towards.

All small margins and something that will probably sort itself out but there definately needs to be more forward support when we get opportunities - not just on the break.

^^^^ This

Constantly cutting inside is predictable and predictability is easy to defend against. No harm in getting wide every now and then. At least the full backs of the other team will have something to think about and give us holes to play in between

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony on 15:01 - Oct 25 with 2197 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony on 14:14 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

^^^^ This

Constantly cutting inside is predictable and predictability is easy to defend against. No harm in getting wide every now and then. At least the full backs of the other team will have something to think about and give us holes to play in between

Yeah, just ask Scott Sinclair

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bony on 15:22 - Oct 25 with 2170 viewsJackbustard

It doesn’t take genius to see where the problem lies here. Bony thrives on quick balls and catching the defender in a one on one situation either to unleash a shot or have a go at him. This doesn’t happen down here, we are to slow to get the ball up to time and by the time we do he is surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders then all he can do is lay it off with his back to goal.

When the ball is wide he is obviously told get into the box and to expect a cross, he may as well not bother. You can probably count on one hand the amount of decent balls we have played into the box this season.

Bony doesn’t look like a £12 million player but if we aren't going to play to his strengths i.e. quick balls and decent crosses into the box then why did we bother to sign him.

For me its not his fault and he doesn’t deserve the flack he is getting.
Bony on 22:44 - Nov 10 with 1972 viewsJackbustard

10 goals from 14 starts
Bony on 22:09 - Apr 26 with 1696 viewsJackbustard

Worth a bump. Some of you need to hang your heads in shame.
Bony on 22:16 - Apr 26 with 1671 viewsDarran

Bony on 15:01 - Oct 20 by Jackfath

I wish Michu would stop kicking the advertising hoardings.

Exactly.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bony on 22:19 - Apr 26 with 1651 viewsDrizzle

Bony on 21:09 - Oct 19 by crackerjack

For such a lump of a bloke Bony doesn't half get pushed over easy! His first touch was woeful for most of the game & he's so static! Not sure he's worth the £12m we played for him.... hope he proves me wrong.

I really like the look of Vasquez though & have a feeling he'll prove to be the better buy in the long run.

Bony on 22:20 - Apr 26 with 1644 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 22:19 - Apr 26 by Drizzle

Bump of the season

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony on 22:21 - Apr 26 with 1642 viewsDarran

Bony on 23:14 - Oct 24 by Darran

He'll end the season on 20 goals in all competitions.

Bony on 22:23 - Apr 26 with 1633 viewsDarran

Bony on 22:09 - Apr 26 by Jackbustard

Worth a bump. Some of you need to hang your heads in shame.

I've just gone through the whole thread.

Bony on 22:24 - Apr 26 with 1629 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Bony on 21:09 - Oct 19 by crackerjack

For such a lump of a bloke Bony doesn't half get pushed over easy! His first touch was woeful for most of the game & he's so static! Not sure he's worth the £12m we played for him.... hope he proves me wrong.

I really like the look of Vasquez though & have a feeling he'll prove to be the better buy in the long run.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Bony on 22:33 - Apr 26 with 1576 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bony on 23:14 - Oct 24 by Darran

He'll end the season on 20 goals in all competitions.

So you were wrong.

Out by four so far and counting.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bony on 22:39 - Apr 26 with 1539 viewsDarran

Bony on 22:33 - Apr 26 by Joe_bradshaw

So you were wrong.

Out by four so far and counting.

Aye hang my head in shame.

Bony on 02:32 - Apr 27 with 1386 viewsJackbustard

Bony on 15:22 - Oct 25 by Jackbustard

It doesn’t take genius to see where the problem lies here. Bony thrives on quick balls and catching the defender in a one on one situation either to unleash a shot or have a go at him. This doesn’t happen down here, we are to slow to get the ball up to time and by the time we do he is surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders then all he can do is lay it off with his back to goal.

When the ball is wide he is obviously told get into the box and to expect a cross, he may as well not bother. You can probably count on one hand the amount of decent balls we have played into the box this season.

Bony doesn’t look like a £12 million player but if we aren't going to play to his strengths i.e. quick balls and decent crosses into the box then why did we bother to sign him.

For me its not his fault and he doesn’t deserve the flack he is getting.

hate to say I told you so but......
Bony on 02:56 - Apr 27 with 1366 viewsPhil_S

Bony on 02:32 - Apr 27 by Jackbustard

hate to say I told you so but......

Please can I, can I bring up my favourite quote of the season....please? please? please?

Ah stuff it here it is

"Bookmark my posts on him mate I'm big enough to handle being wrong when he starts banging them in ,but if he doesn't get ready to eat a lot of humble pie ,I've followed the swans for over forty years and this guy will not cut the mustard and take it from me the general concencus on the rounds is he ain't got it and we can't afford for him not to have it"

Sorry Geoff it always makes me smile, not intended as a dig, we will share the same level of happiness at the moment
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024