Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) 18:32 - Nov 10 with 2754 viewsmikecph

I know what you all think - oh no - not another "let's look at the positives" thread - especially not when we are still gutted about being robbed in extra time. But to walk away from a game like this - letting that bad ref decision overshadow all else just makes the whole thing even more unfair. So here are some of my positive thoughts on todays game:

Great that we finally had a positive lineup. One that sais "Hey we want to win this game" and not "Hey let's hope we can just get a 0-0 result". I would much rather be 2 down in 20 minutes and feel like we actually have a fighting chance than go 80 minutes looking like sh*t and then get a goal against us.

Bony!! I think he looked so much like he wanted it today - had confidence and attitude. I think he looks a class act. Sure his first touch is not world class, he is not the fastest player on the pitch - but his physique and his goal getting ability is right up there. Now we just need to be able to service him better.

Shelvey as a sub! I would much rather have Shelvey come on for the last 20 min, play a great game and feel like a success instead of having him play 90 minutes, play unfocused and walk off the pitch with another bad game to his name. Using him as a sub for a while will build him much more than 90 minutes ever will.

Great subs. Felt like ML used the subs just right today.

Leon Britton. Nuff said.

Phew I could go on... but let's hear someone else :D
Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 18:35 - Nov 10 with 2716 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bony is clearly short on confidence. Hopefully today will pick him up a bit. When hes confident, the ball will start to stick. We saw that with Scotland.

Feel sorry for the players. Massive performance in the second half today and hopefully we'll take out the frustrations on Fulham who look like turd.

Routledge looked good again the 2nd half and Dyer was excellent when he came on. For us to look good our wingers need to play well. Tempo was upped and it paid dividends.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 18:45 - Nov 10 with 2666 viewsstokejack

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 18:35 - Nov 10 by PozuelosSideys

Bony is clearly short on confidence. Hopefully today will pick him up a bit. When hes confident, the ball will start to stick. We saw that with Scotland.

Feel sorry for the players. Massive performance in the second half today and hopefully we'll take out the frustrations on Fulham who look like turd.

Routledge looked good again the 2nd half and Dyer was excellent when he came on. For us to look good our wingers need to play well. Tempo was upped and it paid dividends.

Yes fair points , but I cannot for the life of me see what Lamah has got ?????? I don't feel he is good enough to even get in the squad, Surely if we had started with dyer instead we would of created and scored more goals !!!!
Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 18:46 - Nov 10 with 2659 viewspansypants

Dyer was superb when he came on

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 18:51 - Nov 10 with 2609 viewsPozuelosSideys

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 18:45 - Nov 10 by stokejack

Yes fair points , but I cannot for the life of me see what Lamah has got ?????? I don't feel he is good enough to even get in the squad, Surely if we had started with dyer instead we would of created and scored more goals !!!!

To be fair to Lamah, he hasnt had any game time. I think he has the potential to be a tidy player tho. I just dont think ML trusts him, whether that is defensively or maybe 'cos he gives the ball away a lot. I suspect its the former as he doesnt track back very well.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 18:51 - Nov 10 with 2601 viewsBloodyhills

The positives are that we came out in the second half and showed a lot more passion and application. Boney showed a lot more fight and started to win lots of headers. Dyer was great, I think he's been one of our better players this season, always tries. Routledge was better today.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 18:52 - Nov 10 with 2593 views_Kieran

We played much better football today than we have for a while for the majority of the game.

Pozuelo looked quality, we looked better with him starting.

Routledge's best performance of the season.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 18:55 - Nov 10 with 2569 viewsswanskid95

I honestly don't think we would have got a point if it wasn't for the subs today, just a shame the ref cost us the 2 points!
Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 18:57 - Nov 10 with 2563 viewsEvanski

The character that we showed was the main plus for me today. Given the last few performances and results, especially last Sunday, it wouldn't have been that much of a surprise if we'd just crumbled after playing so poorly in the fist half. We didn't and played magnificently in the second half, which speaks volumes for the players' character. We do need to start putting in 90 minute performances though, starting at Fulham who will be desperate for the points.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

Login to get fewer ads

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 19:01 - Nov 10 with 2526 viewsSwansNZ

That was certainly our best performance for some time, it's just a shame we didn't pick up all 3 points. At least it showed we can score goals when Michu is not in the team.

Put Bony up front and stick with him - he might not be the hardest working forward or have the best control at times, but he scores goals, and that is exactly what we bought him for.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 20:27 - Nov 10 with 2396 views2face

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 18:57 - Nov 10 by Evanski

The character that we showed was the main plus for me today. Given the last few performances and results, especially last Sunday, it wouldn't have been that much of a surprise if we'd just crumbled after playing so poorly in the fist half. We didn't and played magnificently in the second half, which speaks volumes for the players' character. We do need to start putting in 90 minute performances though, starting at Fulham who will be desperate for the points.

When we were 2 down, I was thinking now we are gonna see how they can really play without a negative defensive strategy.
Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 21:32 - Nov 10 with 2322 viewsJackFish

Bit surprised that Pozuelo played on the wing with Routs in the middle since Poz has a decent game in the middle on Thursday, but we looked much better when they swapped and Dyer came on.

Thought the players mostly put in a big effort in the second half, we looked much sharper and more positive as well which was good to see.

Gutted we didn't get the three points after a shocking refereeing decision, but thought we were excellent second half. A bit like the Reading home game last season really.
Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 21:46 - Nov 10 with 2256 viewsDull1Thomas

Saw some guts
Really good play
Technically sound
pace of play excellent

Question - are we a better team playing without the reliance on Michu?

Poz - so dood
Routs got sparked into a performance and linked well with Ben
Bony scoring and how high does he jump????

everything else already said

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 22:16 - Nov 10 with 2187 viewsmidswan

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 21:46 - Nov 10 by Dull1Thomas

Saw some guts
Really good play
Technically sound
pace of play excellent

Poz - so dood

On todays performance at least we did play better w/out Michu..scored 3 as well.
Poz in the hole does seem to 'find' space and looks to link woth others (although needs to release the ball a bit sooner sometimes,but still early days for him so that's not intended as a criticism.) Wingers (WR and Nath) both played well also and the team seemed better balanced to me.
Oh, I watched the game and although losing at half time we were still the better team and I thought played well throughout.
Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 22:20 - Nov 10 with 2168 viewsC_jack

A lorra heart and passion shown. Would have been easy to go quiet/anonymous at 0-2.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 22:24 - Nov 10 with 2149 views2face

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 21:46 - Nov 10 by Dull1Thomas

Saw some guts
Really good play
Technically sound
pace of play excellent

Poz - so dood

Yes we are a better team without Michu when he has knee problems.

I just think we should be supremely happy we have an alternative, since we cannot play Michu every time.
Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 22:36 - Nov 10 with 2130 views3swan

1st half things didn't go for us and we looked a bit nervous.

2nd half?

Not enough words to describe the performance, we stood up to a team that are known to be able to mix it and tore them apart. A kick in the teeth at the end, but some very good passing periods and when it mattered pure guts and passion.
Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 22:55 - Nov 10 with 2105 viewsSwansNZ

Positives today!! (Even if you don't feel like it) on 22:24 - Nov 10 by 2face

Yes we are a better team without Michu when he has knee problems.

I just think we should be supremely happy we have an alternative, since we cannot play Michu every time.

We're a better team when Michu does not play up front - a striker, he is not!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024