Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey in the clear 13:22 - Dec 5 with 4527 viewssomersetsimon

This, from the BBC website

"Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey will face no action from the Football Association after appearing to motion to headbutt Newcastle defender Mathieu Debuchy.

The incident occurred shortly before Shelvey (pictured celebrating) scored the home side's third goal in their 3-0 win over the Magpies at the Liberty Stadium.

The former Liverpool player exchanged words with Debuchy and, as they took part in a heated stand-off, Shelvey seemed to move his head towards the Frenchman's, although he did not appear to make contact."
Shelvey in the clear on 14:35 - Dec 5 with 2974 viewsGlyn1

Phew!

I was wrong about him. When he arrived I thought that we had paid to much for a donkey who was Championship level at best. Now he's developing into one of our most indispensible players, and would be in my choice of our strongest team. Or am I wrong again?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2013 14:42]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Shelvey in the clear on 14:44 - Dec 5 with 2932 viewsSenhin

Shelvey in the clear on 14:35 - Dec 5 by Glyn1

Phew!

I was wrong about him. When he arrived I thought that we had paid to much for a donkey who was Championship level at best. Now he's developing into one of our most indispensible players, and would be in my choice of our strongest team. Or am I wrong again?

and only 21... And British... If/when he gets too good for us we can sell him back to Liverpool for about 50m.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Shelvey in the clear on 14:57 - Dec 5 with 2891 viewsDull1Thomas

Shelvey in the clear on 14:35 - Dec 5 by Glyn1

Phew!

snap

MoM in the last three games.
Being dropped and educated by our WONDERFULMANAGER. has paid dividends . . . . let's hope he continues in this manner.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Shelvey in the clear on 15:01 - Dec 5 with 2871 views_williams_

I think the two most important factors in his development are game time and support, he seems to be the type of player that needs to be loved by the fans, get behind him and he'll give us 110% week in week out, a quality player with bags of potential
Shelvey in the clear on 15:04 - Dec 5 with 2855 viewsUxbridge

You mean Shelvey wasn't charged with violent conduct? Do you think it was because his conduct wasn't violent?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Shelvey in the clear on 15:07 - Dec 5 with 2835 viewsBravoJack

Shelvey in the clear on 15:04 - Dec 5 by Uxbridge

You mean Shelvey wasn't charged with violent conduct? Do you think it was because his conduct wasn't violent?

I loved how Debuchy was gritting his teeth at first. Jonjo then makes him flinch and for that split second you can see his arse drop. Shit guy!
Shelvey in the clear on 15:35 - Dec 5 with 2762 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey in the clear on 15:07 - Dec 5 by BravoJack

I loved how Debuchy was gritting his teeth at first. Jonjo then makes him flinch and for that split second you can see his arse drop. Shit guy!

I probably warmed more to Shelvey in that moment that I have during the rest of his time here. Super stuff. All the more impressive as it's very unlike a Frenchman to back down in the face of even mild aggression.

Shelvey in the clear on 15:49 - Dec 5 with 2714 viewslonglostjack

An absolute bargain - thank you Brendan

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey in the clear on 16:05 - Dec 5 with 2654 viewsWarwickHunt

Shelvey in the clear on 15:35 - Dec 5 by Uxbridge

I probably warmed more to Shelvey in that moment that I have during the rest of his time here. Super stuff. All the more impressive as it's very unlike a Frenchman to back down in the face of even mild aggression.

One Joe Allen = three Jonjo Shelveys, or Jonjo Shelvey + £10m.

You're a prince, Brendan. Thank you so much.
Shelvey in the clear on 16:13 - Dec 5 with 2621 viewsGlyn1

The French armies were fighting the Germans while we were running away at Dunkirk, and continued to do so.

Tens of thousands of their soldiers died fighting during the Battle of France 1940, you can visit their war graves if you like.

People shouldn't believe everything that they see on American comedy shows.

"Backed down in the face of mild aggression" my ars.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Shelvey in the clear on 16:15 - Dec 5 with 2609 viewsUxbridge

Whoosh.

Shelvey in the clear on 16:17 - Dec 5 with 2599 viewsraynor94

Shelvey in the clear on 16:13 - Dec 5 by Glyn1

The French armies were fighting the Germans while we were running away at Dunkirk, and continued to do so.

Tens of thousands of their soldiers died fighting during the Battle of France 1940, you can visit their war graves if you like.

And the winner of the most ott post of the day goes to.......

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Shelvey in the clear on 16:36 - Dec 5 with 2552 viewsOldjack

people have been sent off for that sort of behaviour even though there was no contact ,cool it John Jo ffs

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Shelvey in the clear on 16:38 - Dec 5 with 2540 viewsorion3016

Shelvey in the clear on 16:36 - Dec 5 by Oldjack

people have been sent off for that sort of behaviour even though there was no contact ,cool it John Jo ffs

Yep 3-0 up mom and cruising

Be over there now after

Shelvey in the clear on 16:49 - Dec 5 with 2506 viewsDr_Winston

Shelvey in the clear on 16:13 - Dec 5 by Glyn1

Then when we liberated their country for them they acted all snooty and pretended they did it themselves.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey in the clear on 16:57 - Dec 5 with 2489 viewsjohnlangy

Well I didn't warm to him for that. He plays on the edge and crosses that edge at times. I said to my mate last night that, if he played his football like last night (and he was fantastic even without the goal/goals ?) but cut out the naughty bits he'd be in the England squad for the World Cup finals.

As he is now other managers will know he can be provoked and maybe sent off.
Shelvey in the clear on 16:59 - Dec 5 with 2478 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey in the clear on 16:57 - Dec 5 by johnlangy

Well I didn't warm to him for that. He plays on the edge and crosses that edge at times. I said to my mate last night that, if he played his football like last night (and he was fantastic even without the goal/goals ?) but cut out the naughty bits he'd be in the England squad for the World Cup finals.

As he is now other managers will know he can be provoked and maybe sent off.

He didn't hit anyone. He just threatened he might. We've probably missed someone who could do that.

There's a line and he's crossed it plenty of times before. Yesterday wasn't one of them.

Shelvey in the clear on 17:13 - Dec 5 with 2438 viewsmax936

Shelvey in the clear on 16:59 - Dec 5 by Uxbridge

He didn't hit anyone. He just threatened he might. We've probably missed someone who could do that.

There's a line and he's crossed it plenty of times before. Yesterday wasn't one of them.

Debauchy deserves some credit mind to be fair, how many times have we seen incidents like that on the tele and player as dropped to the floor clutching their face, fair play to him, but on the other hand should he have still been on the field at that point, after that foul on Hernandez.

Despite Pardews moans about not being given a penalty, he could have had 3 players back in the dressing room, Debauchy, Remy and the fullback No19, on another day.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2013 17:13]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Shelvey in the clear on 17:17 - Dec 5 with 2419 viewsswancity

I think you will find that he did cross that line - lucky not to get sent off

You cannot do that, its quite simple

PS are you shagging him

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Shelvey in the clear on 20:11 - Dec 5 with 2206 viewsPhil_S

This.
Shelvey in the clear on 20:14 - Dec 5 with 2181 viewsJackfath

When was the last time we had a player who opposition fans booed? About time we had a header in our side to mix it up with the pric ks who bully our little players.

Good on you Jonjo.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Shelvey in the clear on 20:18 - Dec 5 with 2165 viewsraynor94

Shelvey in the clear on 17:17 - Dec 5 by swancity

PS are you shagging him

What an absolute idiotic comment, go back to your knitting!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Shelvey in the clear on 20:20 - Dec 5 with 2149 viewsVetchitBack

Excellent post.

It's about time we had a "glad he's on our side" type player.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Shelvey in the clear on 20:32 - Dec 5 with 2098 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey in the clear on 17:17 - Dec 5 by swancity

PS are you shagging him

As if. He's not even Spanish.

Shelvey in the clear on 20:41 - Dec 5 with 2067 viewsDr_Winston

I'm still struggling with the concept of that almost imperceptible movement being described as a head butt.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024