Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New winger in January ? 15:43 - Dec 15 with 6723 viewsRancid

Tom Ince will be the obvious shout but can anyone think of AN Other or do we stick with what we got,Lamah,Poz and Routs and Pablo?
[Post edited 15 Dec 2013 15:44]
New winger in January ? on 15:46 - Dec 15 with 3565 viewsJackbustard

I think we would have gone in for a winger before Dyer's injury now its a dead cert we will be in for someone. We need someone who can beat a man and deliver a decent ball into the box. Something all of our wingers seem incapable of doing.
New winger in January ? on 15:58 - Dec 15 with 3493 viewslovejuicejack

A good quality striker in on loan too please
New winger in January ? on 16:03 - Dec 15 with 3461 viewsMagicDaps

Personally I think the emergence of Lamah should be enough to cover him, he's done very well in the last few games. Pozuelo did well once again today, and I think Routledge, Pablo, Pozuelo and Lamah will be enough.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

New winger in January ? on 16:06 - Dec 15 with 3444 viewsDr_Winston

New winger in January ? on 16:03 - Dec 15 by MagicDaps

Personally I think the emergence of Lamah should be enough to cover him, he's done very well in the last few games. Pozuelo did well once again today, and I think Routledge, Pablo, Pozuelo and Lamah will be enough.

We need to do a lot better than Lamah.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New winger in January ? on 16:06 - Dec 15 with 3440 viewsWhiterockin

Tom Ince will be the obvious shout but can anyone think of AN Other or do we stick with what we got,Lamah,Poz and Routs and Pablo?

Lamah is not good enough for first choice. But he can cross the ball.
Pozuelo is not a wide player he is always drifting inside.
Routledge is not as good as last season.
Pablo blows hot and cold to much cold for me.

Yes we need Tom Ince.
New winger in January ? on 16:11 - Dec 15 with 3403 viewsMagicDaps

New winger in January ? on 16:06 - Dec 15 by Dr_Winston

We need to do a lot better than Lamah.

Do we? For cover, he certainly does well when played and is an attacking threat.

New winger in January ? on 16:13 - Dec 15 with 3392 viewsDr_Winston

New winger in January ? on 16:11 - Dec 15 by MagicDaps

Do we? For cover, he certainly does well when played and is an attacking threat.

We don't need cover. We need a first choice.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New winger in January ? on 16:16 - Dec 15 with 3356 viewsDull1Thomas

I think ML will stick with what we've got and shell out on a goalkeeper and another striker.

The loss of Dyer is a
huge blow.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Login to get fewer ads

New winger in January ? on 16:17 - Dec 15 with 3344 viewsC_jack

Very difficult whoever comes in, we're going to find it hard to replicate Dyer's pace.

Cheeky bid for Zaha perhaps?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

New winger in January ? on 16:21 - Dec 15 with 3320 viewsMagicDaps

New winger in January ? on 16:13 - Dec 15 by Dr_Winston

We don't need cover. We need a first choice.

Routledge and Hernandez are both perfectly capable first choice wingers. Pozuelo and Lamah are both perfectly good cover.

Hopefully Dyer isn't out for too long, and can recover for February time when we return to Europa League action as we should be fine until then at the least with the focus pretty much all on just the league.

New winger in January ? on 16:23 - Dec 15 with 3311 viewsC_jack

New winger in January ? on 16:21 - Dec 15 by MagicDaps

Routledge and Hernandez are both perfectly capable first choice wingers. Pozuelo and Lamah are both perfectly good cover.

Hopefully Dyer isn't out for too long, and can recover for February time when we return to Europa League action as we should be fine until then at the least with the focus pretty much all on just the league.

I'm not up to date on medical advances, but surely that's him done for the season? April at the earliest?

New winger in January ? on 16:23 - Dec 15 with 3309 viewsDr_Winston

Routledge has been off the boil for most of the season. You can't rely on Hernandez to be fit for every game. Lamah is decent but nothing special. Pozuelo isn't a winger.

We need a first choice.

New winger in January ? on 16:24 - Dec 15 with 3304 viewsorion3016

Tom ince should be the perfect fit

Be over there now after

New winger in January ? on 16:32 - Dec 15 with 3272 viewsDull1Thomas

.... Hernandez ...... perfectly capable first choice wingers - maybe in 1 in 6 games!!!!
Jipped out of too many 60 - 40 balls again today and was wholly ineffective.
Routledge has been great and has also been dreadful.
But neither's form is consistent enough to be called capable first choice wingers.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

New winger in January ? on 16:33 - Dec 15 with 3263 viewsOldjack

New winger in January ? on 16:06 - Dec 15 by Whiterockin

Lamah is not good enough for first choice. But he can cross the ball.
Pozuelo is not a wide player he is always drifting inside.
Routledge is not as good as last season.
Pablo blows hot and cold to much cold for me.

Yes we need Tom Ince.

Lamah has excellent very quick feet he was brill when he came on today

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New winger in January ? on 16:40 - Dec 15 with 3235 viewsmitchwales

New winger in January ? on 16:23 - Dec 15 by C_jack

I'm not up to date on medical advances, but surely that's him done for the season? April at the earliest?

Very much depends on the position and severity of the fracture. If some of the ligament/tendon is damaged then it could be a very lengthy process unfortunately.

Best case with a fracture would be about 6 weeks followed by a lengthy fitness routine I'd imagine.
New winger in January ? on 16:48 - Dec 15 with 3196 viewssomersetsimon

New winger in January ? on 16:40 - Dec 15 by mitchwales

Very much depends on the position and severity of the fracture. If some of the ligament/tendon is damaged then it could be a very lengthy process unfortunately.

Best case with a fracture would be about 6 weeks followed by a lengthy fitness routine I'd imagine.

How long was Taylor out with his broken ankle?
New winger in January ? on 16:50 - Dec 15 with 3177 viewssomersetsimon

New winger in January ? on 16:17 - Dec 15 by C_jack

Very difficult whoever comes in, we're going to find it hard to replicate Dyer's pace.

Cheeky bid for Zaha perhaps?

Don't see why it's cheeky. He's not getting a game at the moment and I'm sure he'll want regular game time to try for a late shot at the England squad. Man U are going to have to pay us over £1M for the FA cup gate receipts, so perhaps we could do a deal!
New winger in January ? on 16:52 - Dec 15 with 3166 viewsMagicDaps

We'll have to wait for news on it, but a break could be anything from a couple of months to a year.

I suppose Pablo is injury prone, but he is a good player. All of our wingers our inconsistent, very few playing the role aren't and Dyer can certainly be accused of that. I just don't think we should be held to ransom for Tom Ince, when it's not a necessity given how much we've already spent this season.

New winger in January ? on 16:55 - Dec 15 with 3152 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Not sure Utd would let Zaha go. He came off the bench for them today, and with Valencia and Young getting stick for poor performances this season I can see him getting more game time for them.

It's also probably true that he'll have more chance getting into the England team as a substitute for Utd than starting regularly for us.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

New winger in January ? on 16:59 - Dec 15 with 3126 viewsC_jack

New winger in January ? on 16:55 - Dec 15 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Not sure Utd would let Zaha go. He came off the bench for them today, and with Valencia and Young getting stick for poor performances this season I can see him getting more game time for them.

It's also probably true that he'll have more chance getting into the England team as a substitute for Utd than starting regularly for us.

Why does a 21 year old player need to worry about England though? he should be concentrating on establishing himself in the top league first.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2013 17:03]

New winger in January ? on 17:52 - Dec 15 with 2950 viewsDrizzy

Must go and get Ince. The kid is hugely talented and fills arguably the biggest need in our squad right now.

Part of me wants us to sign him just to end the "Sinclair 2.0" b*llocks that's floated around every time his name is mentioned. He's a far more rounded footballer than Sinclair will ever be.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

New winger in January ? on 17:53 - Dec 15 with 2943 viewsDarran

New winger in January ? on 17:52 - Dec 15 by Drizzy

Must go and get Ince. The kid is hugely talented and fills arguably the biggest need in our squad right now.

Part of me wants us to sign him just to end the "Sinclair 2.0" b*llocks that's floated around every time his name is mentioned. He's a far more rounded footballer than Sinclair will ever be.

Great postings.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New winger in January ? on 19:14 - Dec 15 with 2793 viewslovejuicejack

Gutted for Dyer, get well soon lad.
New winger in January ? on 19:15 - Dec 15 with 2790 viewsOldjack

New winger in January ? on 17:52 - Dec 15 by Drizzy

but can he cut it at the top level? ,i've a feeling he can't otherwise he'd have been snapped up by now

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024