Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford 17:33 - Jan 6 with 5672 viewsswanskid95

The only down side on the day was the stewards, what a bunch of ducks they were, throwing people out for standing up, seems to be one rule for us, another for glory supporters.

Anyway, I managed to get a video of us singing just before the final whistle, notice the empty seats in the home end...

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 17:48 - Jan 6 with 4174 viewsJBT95

Yeah what the hell was that all about, never made us sit down before. Is that why that guy got kicked out for refusing to sit? There were united fans around the away end clearly standing, a guy down the front pointed this out and one of the bully stewards just laughed in his face. Ah well, we had the last laugh.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2014 17:48]
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 17:50 - Jan 6 with 4156 viewsDarran

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 17:48 - Jan 6 by JBT95

Yeah what the hell was that all about, never made us sit down before. Is that why that guy got kicked out for refusing to sit? There were united fans around the away end clearly standing, a guy down the front pointed this out and one of the bully stewards just laughed in his face. Ah well, we had the last laugh.

They might not have been like it last season but they were in our first Prem season.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 18:00 - Jan 6 with 4103 viewsNeath_Jack

Havent they had sections of the stadium closed due to persistent standing, or at least the local authority threatened them with it. At the end of the day, they are meant to be all seater stadia, rightly or wrongly and no matter if we normally stand elsewhere.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 18:04 - Jan 6 with 4077 viewsApeShit

What the hell was it about? I don't like sitting at a football match but that is the law unfortunately.

I can't believe some people are willing to risk being thrown out of a game for refusing to sit, they must either be drunk or stupid.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 18:06 - Jan 6 with 4063 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I was in my seat at the end as the home 'supporters' around me went to the exits after Bonys goal. After they went 1-0 down they all assumed they would still win, it was after the red card did some begin to doubt whether they'd win and became restless. It was quite surreal, imagine going to a game being certain you'd win, where's the fun in that.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 18:20 - Jan 6 with 3979 viewsJBT95

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 17:50 - Jan 6 by Darran

They might not have been like it last season but they were in our first Prem season.

I defo did not sit down in season 11/12 there.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 18:21 - Jan 6 with 3972 viewsJBT95

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 18:04 - Jan 6 by ApeShit

What the hell was it about? I don't like sitting at a football match but that is the law unfortunately.

I can't believe some people are willing to risk being thrown out of a game for refusing to sit, they must either be drunk or stupid.

I know it's the law, but nobody cares normally.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 18:22 - Jan 6 with 3959 viewsDarran

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 18:20 - Jan 6 by JBT95

I defo did not sit down in season 11/12 there.

Well they were defo throwing people out for standing.

Login to get fewer ads

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 18:42 - Jan 6 with 3878 viewsSA1_Jack

Stewards were very persistent yesterday, one guy seemed to get hurled down the stairs by stewards and a couple of coppers, I'd assumed it was something worse but speaking to some others later they told me it was all over standing. I tried my best to keep standing but it just couldn't happen they were really doing their best to keep everyone down from just a few minutes in. Expect it will be the same again on Saturday, though I won't be there then.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:13 - Jan 6 with 3768 viewsswanskid95

I was sat by the guy your talking about, the stewards told him he is getting thrown out for abusive chanting, "Stand up if you hate Cardiff" was the chant.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:17 - Jan 6 with 3745 viewsDarran

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:13 - Jan 6 by swanskid95

I was sat by the guy your talking about, the stewards told him he is getting thrown out for abusive chanting, "Stand up if you hate Cardiff" was the chant.

Had he previously been told to sit down by a steward?

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:21 - Jan 6 with 3723 viewsswanskid95

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:17 - Jan 6 by Darran

Had he previously been told to sit down by a steward?

Yes, but so had the whole of our allocation who stood up
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:24 - Jan 6 with 3697 viewsJBT95

It just highlights that safe standing needs to be introduced. Maybe they should trial it with away fans. What they could do is allocate everybody 'a standing area' each, like mark out row A, position 1 etc where a seat would go.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2014 19:25]
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:29 - Jan 6 with 3667 viewsDarran

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:21 - Jan 6 by swanskid95

Yes, but so had the whole of our allocation who stood up

That'll learn him then though it's a shame controversial jack wasn't there to sort the problem out.

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:52 - Jan 6 with 3559 viewsheadcleaner

I know a tale about the stewarding at moldy trafford and the depths they go to. orrible lot and very antagonistic with th efull force of the law behind them. Grrrrrrr
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 21:02 - Jan 6 with 3311 viewsMatlock_Jack

I was at Old Trafford for the 1997 FA Cup Semi-Final (Chesterfield 3 Middlesbrough 3) and they kept insisting on the same rule all afternoon; don't recall too many doing it, although I hear what's been said about safety and all-seater stadia.

Jack
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 21:27 - Jan 6 with 3227 viewsJackbustard

The stewards were an absolute disgrace. The lad who was pretty much thrown down the stairs was on our bus. The steward deliberately tried to stand on his foot then push him down about 20 steps. I had a chat with the local police who were sound and agreed they were out of order and advised us to make a complaint as apparently its a regular things with those stewards.

They were trying to get a reaction from the lad in front of me he got warned sat down and the steward was laughing in his face. W@nkers.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 21:33 - Jan 6 with 3198 viewsMatlock_Jack

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 21:27 - Jan 6 by Jackbustard

The stewards were an absolute disgrace. The lad who was pretty much thrown down the stairs was on our bus. The steward deliberately tried to stand on his foot then push him down about 20 steps. I had a chat with the local police who were sound and agreed they were out of order and advised us to make a complaint as apparently its a regular things with those stewards.

They were trying to get a reaction from the lad in front of me he got warned sat down and the steward was laughing in his face. W@nkers.

That sounds outrageous TBH. If what you say is true, why didn't the Police speak to the Stewards (or maybe they did?)

The stewards who supervised us 17 years ago, were admittedly more courteous.

Jack
[Post edited 6 Jan 2014 21:36]
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 21:40 - Jan 6 with 3160 viewsJackbustard

They did speak to the head steward about it and the steward never came back to the section after that. Even our own police agreed if was bang our of order as a few of the lads mates went onto our liaison officer at half time. I've been all over the country with the Swans and that was probably some of the worst treatment of fans I've seen.

Like I said they were itching for a reaction and laughing at some fans when they made them sit down.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 21:49 - Jan 6 with 3136 viewsPegojack

If you want to see another video recorded by a travelling Jack that'll make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, go to the SCFC Guestbook and follow the link on the post a few from the top. It shows the winning goal, the players coming over to celebrate, then the Swans fans chanting 'who are ya?' to the plastics as they head for the exits....
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 21:54 - Jan 6 with 3119 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I must praise one Steward on Sunday he had a sense of humour let us stand up when appropriate asked us politely to sit down when needed was happy to share a bit of Banter with us. He was not even upset when we called him a blue. He even suggested we sing "blue moon" as we were in the seat next to the barrier seperating us from the main stand. he even laughed when one supporter offered him his sausage roll. It was also good to see some swans fan in amongst the Man Utd prawn cocktail brigrade.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 21:58 - Jan 6 with 3098 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 21:49 - Jan 6 by Pegojack

If you want to see another video recorded by a travelling Jack that'll make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, go to the SCFC Guestbook and follow the link on the post a few from the top. It shows the winning goal, the players coming over to celebrate, then the Swans fans chanting 'who are ya?' to the plastics as they head for the exits....

Or you could just post it here...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 22:02 - Jan 6 with 3078 viewscontroversial_jack

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 21:27 - Jan 6 by Jackbustard

Should video these incidents and put them on YouTube, they don't like that
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 22:03 - Jan 6 with 3076 viewsPegojack

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 21:58 - Jan 6 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Or you could just post it here...

Yes, sorry, can't do linkys, too technical for me....
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 09:13 - Jan 7 with 2745 viewsDevz00

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 18:22 - Jan 6 by Darran

Well they were defo throwing people out for standing.

Yes, in our first season it kicked off a bit where I was standing, right next to the home fans. The stewards were very heavy headed and threw a few out at half time.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024