Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our next manager 19:06 - Jan 8 with 12767 viewsthejack1912

Heard rumours from a number of people that Gary Monk could be at the helm next season. Could just be rumours but he's just taken over an age group at the academy as well. Thoughts?

The board usually find someone who nobody expected and do a good job.

And yes I know we're only half way through THIS season with our CURRENT manager, it's just food for thought! Especially as Laudrup has spoken of his intent to leave.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 19:10]

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Our next manager on 19:09 - Jan 8 with 7485 viewsAl_Bundy

Good grief no..
Our next manager on 19:11 - Jan 8 with 7463 viewscaerleon_jack

Please god no.

As I've posted before, I don't understand the obsession some have with Monk becoming manager.

Insert something witty here

Our next manager on 19:15 - Jan 8 with 7429 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Oh Lord !
Our next manager on 19:20 - Jan 8 with 7404 viewsblaine_scfc

Has Laudrup ever actually spoke about his "intent to leave"??
Our next manager on 19:23 - Jan 8 with 7378 viewspencoedjack

Our next manager on 19:20 - Jan 8 by blaine_scfc

No but wait till May page upon page of it ....

Cant wait for the Ollie threads
Our next manager on 19:26 - Jan 8 with 7342 viewsblaine_scfc

Our next manager on 19:23 - Jan 8 by pencoedjack

No but wait till May page upon page of it ....

Cant wait for the Ollie threads

I think he will probably leave, but I can't remember him ever saying he was definitely going. If he does go, then please not Garry Monk, or Ollie for that matter.
Our next manager on 19:27 - Jan 8 with 7333 viewsDull1Thomas

Our next manager on 19:20 - Jan 8 by blaine_scfc

Only ever said he'd said he would stay until the end of the season when being asked about leaving last summer.
It would be nice to have a bit of a respite from slagging off our players and talking our very successful manager out of a job.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Our next manager on 19:42 - Jan 8 with 7244 viewsDm1973

I put a tenner on Monk to be manager at 50/1 before Laudrup was appointed manager, why all so negative
Login to get fewer ads

Our next manager on 19:53 - Jan 8 with 7175 viewsGowerjack

Our next manager on 19:27 - Jan 8 by Dull1Thomas

Only ever said he'd said he would stay until the end of the season when being asked about leaving last summer.
It would be nice to have a bit of a respite from slagging off our players and talking our very successful manager out of a job.

He'll be gone in the summer.

Nailed on.

With the greatest of respect we need to be aiming higher than Garry Monk as his replacement however.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Our next manager on 20:15 - Jan 8 with 7058 viewsjack_lord

Isn't his contract until 2015?
Perhaps we will hear soon that he is extending his contract.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Our next manager on 20:17 - Jan 8 with 7036 viewsC_jack

Would have complete faith but would hate to see his status in the clubs history tarnished.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Our next manager on 20:29 - Jan 8 with 6989 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Our next manager on 20:17 - Jan 8 by C_jack

Would have complete faith but would hate to see his status in the clubs history tarnished.

Pep Clotet anyone??

That's the rumour I heard

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Our next manager on 20:31 - Jan 8 with 6972 viewsLaudrup

Garry Monk is not even allowed by UEFA rules to become a PL manager this summer! So unless Swansea gets relegated he's not allowed to be the manager next season.

To become a top league manager in any UEFA nation you need to have the UEFA Pro License, which takes a year to get and you have to have completed both the UEFA 'B' and 'A' licenses before starting on the Pro License.

UEFA Pro License: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Pro_Licence
[quote]A UEFA Pro Licence is required by anyone who wishes to manage a football club in the top level of the nation's league system on a permanent basis (i.e. more than 12 weeks — the amount of time an unqualified caretaker manager is allowed to take control). This applies to both the head coach or team manager, and such a licence is also required to manage in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League.

And Garry Monk is only taking the UEFA 'A' License this season as these articles says:
2013-14 UEFA A Licence Course begins http://news.welshfootballtrust.co.uk/news/?p=2164
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/23/welsh-fa-uefa-licence-sol-campbe

So it will take at least another season and a UEFA Pro License before he can become a top league manager. Without the UEFA Pro License you are only allowed to be caretaker manager for a maximum of 12 weeks in the top league in any UEFA nation.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 20:37]

I hate signatures

Our next manager on 20:39 - Jan 8 with 6909 viewsC_jack

Our next manager on 20:31 - Jan 8 by Laudrup

Garry Monk is not even allowed by UEFA rules to become a PL manager this summer! So unless Swansea gets relegated he's not allowed to be the manager next season.

To become a top league manager in any UEFA nation you need to have the UEFA Pro License, which takes a year to get and you have to have completed both the UEFA 'B' and 'A' licenses before starting on the Pro License.

[quote]A UEFA Pro Licence is required by anyone who wishes to manage a football club in the top level of the nation's league system on a permanent basis (i.e. more than 12 weeks — the amount of time an unqualified caretaker manager is allowed to take control). This applies to both the head coach or team manager, and such a licence is also required to manage in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League.

And Garry Monk is only taking the UEFA 'A' License this season as these articles says:
2013-14 UEFA A Licence Course begins http://news.welshfootballtrust.co.uk/news/?p=2164
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/23/welsh-fa-uefa-licence-sol-campbe

So it will take at least another season and a UEFA Pro License before he can become a top league manager. Without the UEFA Pro License you are only allowed to be caretaker manager for a maximum of 12 weeks in the top league in any UEFA nation.

You can get dispensation as long as your working towards your Pro Licence.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Our next manager on 20:39 - Jan 8 with 6903 viewsDull1Thomas

Our next manager on 20:31 - Jan 8 by Laudrup

OK then, whenever ML goes Gus Poyet

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Our next manager on 20:41 - Jan 8 with 6885 viewswaynekerr55

Our next manager on 20:39 - Jan 8 by Dull1Thomas

OK then, whenever ML goes Gus Poyet

God no, another Sousa:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/10428541.Vicente_blasts_Poyet/

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Our next manager on 20:41 - Jan 8 with 6880 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our next manager on 20:15 - Jan 8 by jack_lord

Isn't his contract until 2015?
Perhaps we will hear soon that he is extending his contract.

If we have a good run here on in and manage to lift another piece of silverware then I think he'll stay

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our next manager on 20:44 - Jan 8 with 6849 viewsTrundle10

Dennis Bergkamp. Done deal.
Our next manager on 20:45 - Jan 8 with 6848 viewswaynekerr55

Would be interesting to see who would be in his back room staff. Glad he's doing some work with the nippers, nice to see somebody trying to develop as a coach, as opposed to this joker getting a job despite this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10108193/Phil-Neville-wi

Froze when asked to put on a passing drill

But he played pro see - he must be good

Our next manager on 20:48 - Jan 8 with 6824 viewsWhiterockin

Why do people think that If you have been a reasonably good player and loyal servant you should go on and manage the club. Fair enough when you are in the lower leagues and money is tight sometimes you take a chance. But this is the Premier League FFS drop out and you lose a fortune and may never get back.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Our next manager on 21:15 - Jan 8 with 6687 viewsthejack1912

I don't think Tim Sherwood has a Pro licence

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Our next manager on 21:17 - Jan 8 with 6675 viewswaynekerr55

Our next manager on 21:15 - Jan 8 by thejack1912

That's the thing here, the whole British culture will bend and break rules to maintain the status quo, that of pro's walking into jobs.

Embarrassing

Our next manager on 21:18 - Jan 8 with 6666 viewsWhiterockin

Our next manager on 21:15 - Jan 8 by thejack1912

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2525803/Tim-Sherwood-cleared-m

Our next manager on 21:24 - Jan 8 with 6625 viewsSkipTheJack

Why the problem with Garry Monk as next manager?

I have no idea if he's managerial material or not, but it the board think he is then surely that's great news. Their judgement isn't usually wrong.
Our next manager on 21:31 - Jan 8 with 6576 viewsWhiterockin

Our next manager on 21:24 - Jan 8 by SkipTheJack

Why the problem with Garry Monk as next manager?

I have no idea if he's managerial material or not, but it the board think he is then surely that's great news. Their judgement isn't usually wrong.

When have the board said that he is good enough to manage us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024