Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Game problems !! 14:14 - Jan 16 with 4762 viewsJonoscfc

How does everyone feel about copying a couple of teams tactics when going to watch away games. Ive been to many away games where ive been asked to sit down, most recently Manu away. As much as i feel it is fair for everyone to see the game i feel i enjoy the games a lot more when im standing and there is a good atmosphere. I was thinking of adopting the strategy of no matter what seat your in if you feel you would like to stand through the game then make your way towards the back and anyone wanting to sit for the majority of the game heads to the front. The majority of stadiums offer a good view of the game wherever you are in the stadium so going towards the back wont affect your view of the game. This is just an idea but seems to make sense and will enable the enjoyment for everyone. Maybe could start this with the Birmingham away game. Just an idea.
Away Game problems !! on 14:25 - Jan 16 with 4072 viewspencoedjack

A far to sensible post ....

Bet your shot down
Away Game problems !! on 14:26 - Jan 16 with 4070 viewsswans11

Thought this myself was towards back old Trafford happily stood made people front sit down. It would work but you'd get people going that's my seat
[Post edited 16 Jan 2014 14:27]
Away Game problems !! on 14:42 - Jan 16 with 4027 viewsC_jack

Isn't this what happens anyway? You don't go to the front at an away game and stand.

Most annoying is when some dick comes in late, obviously can't find a space so looks at the number on their ticket and says you're in 'their seat'. F**k off!

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Away Game problems !! on 15:36 - Jan 16 with 3975 viewsoldcob

Don't go away now because my hips have gone and I am unable to stand to watch the game. I know of families who don't go away now because the kids are unable to see, so we are not considering the very young the old and disabled. My first away game was back in 1962 so I've done my share I suppose. When I was fit I'd go and I'd stand and enjoy it because it does create better atmosphere not thinking of that one day I wouldn't be able to do it, so maybe its pay back time for my lack of consideration then. I feel that more people would go away if it was all seated, but I reluctantly have to agree maybe the atmosphere wouldn't be so good for the individual.

Its my fence and I'll sit on it if I like.
Away Game problems !! on 15:46 - Jan 16 with 3962 viewsJonoscfc

All the away games ive been to it has never been a major problem until this season. I do feel for anyone who travels to the games with kids or are elderly/disabled who are not able to stand. I don't see why this idea cant work and i for one will be moving towards the back at St Andrews. Would be good to see if we could make this a regular thing at away matches but i don't hold too much hope.
Away Game problems !! on 16:05 - Jan 16 with 3935 viewsjack_the_lad

Good idea, however the Wan*ing stewards will still insist everyone still sits down even if you're not blocking anyone's view, just like they did at Manure and Villa.
The home stewards deliberately do it to discourage the away fans getting a great atmosphere going. you only need to see that they didn't stop the home fans standing. the sooner official standing areas are introduced the better, but don't hold your breath with the history of Hillsborough etc.
Away Game problems !! on 16:08 - Jan 16 with 3927 viewsJonoscfc

Away Game problems !! on 16:05 - Jan 16 by jack_the_lad

Good idea, however the Wan*ing stewards will still insist everyone still sits down even if you're not blocking anyone's view, just like they did at Manure and Villa.
The home stewards deliberately do it to discourage the away fans getting a great atmosphere going. you only need to see that they didn't stop the home fans standing. the sooner official standing areas are introduced the better, but don't hold your breath with the history of Hillsborough etc.

Ye the stewards are pain but if enough of you tell them where to go the do tend to bugger off. When i went to united in the FA Cup there was probably a group of 50 or more of us standing in the corner at the back and the stewards didn't bother us. They try and bully the one or two individuals but as a group they will do nothing.
Away Game problems !! on 16:22 - Jan 16 with 3903 viewsSA1_Jack

It is a brilliant idea and I've heard of other clubs doing this exact thing, but I cant see it taking off as most people will just keep heading to the seat they were allocated. It really makes sense as its a nightmare when you've been left alone by the stewards only to find yourself being moaned at by people insisting on sitting down behind you. Not sure how it could be brought in without any fuss but I would definitely like to encourage this.
Login to get fewer ads

Away Game problems !! on 17:17 - Jan 16 with 3837 viewsDarlo

I understand where people are coming from but some people should stay in the house and watch it on TV if they want to sit down enjoy the game with no atmosphere at away games.

Away Game problems !! on 17:18 - Jan 16 with 3835 viewsSA1_Jack

Away Game problems !! on 16:08 - Jan 16 by Jonoscfc

Ye the stewards are pain but if enough of you tell them where to go the do tend to bugger off. When i went to united in the FA Cup there was probably a group of 50 or more of us standing in the corner at the back and the stewards didn't bother us. They try and bully the one or two individuals but as a group they will do nothing.

They probably left you alone as you were at the back. I was at United for the same game and I was row 10 and the stewards started from the front working row by row forcing every one sit down. It was impossible to stay standing unless you wanted to be thrown out (which proved to be the case for at least a few people during the game) or piss off everyone behind you who were forced to sit.
Away Game problems !! on 17:30 - Jan 16 with 3817 viewsjack_the_lad

Just what I was saying.

People who want to stand should lobby the FA, Premier League, Swansea City FC etc. to provide safe standing areas, it's been proved very successful in Germany.
Away Game problems !! on 18:56 - Jan 16 with 3757 viewsOldjack

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Away Game problems !! on 19:18 - Jan 16 with 3724 viewsKingBony

I can't ever see this being introduced in the UK.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Away Game problems !! on 10:07 - Jan 17 with 3608 viewsJonoscfc

Away Game problems !! on 19:18 - Jan 16 by KingBony

I can't ever see this being introduced in the UK.

No i dont hold much hope for it taking of in the UK but it would be brilliant. I still think those willing that are going to Birmingham should give it a go. Just because the premiere league wont support the idea doesn't mean we cant do it. We pay the big money to travel and go watch the games, we should be entitled to choose to sit or stand at the games.
Away Game problems !! on 10:26 - Jan 17 with 3594 viewsjacksinceever

Away Game problems !! on 14:25 - Jan 16 by pencoedjack

A far to sensible post ....

Bet your shot down

So if I got a cracking view at the back (as I did at Old Trafford in the Cup game) I should give it up and move to a much poorer view at the front just so some idiots can stand up?
Feck off issit?
Having one section sitting and the one next to it standing (providing the view isn't obstructed makes much more sense
Away Game problems !! on 11:40 - Jan 17 with 3555 viewsJonoscfc

Away Game problems !! on 10:26 - Jan 17 by jacksinceever

So if I got a cracking view at the back (as I did at Old Trafford in the Cup game) I should give it up and move to a much poorer view at the front just so some idiots can stand up?
Feck off issit?
Having one section sitting and the one next to it standing (providing the view isn't obstructed makes much more sense

Im not too sure about the view differing from where you sit or stand in many stadiums. I started at the front of old trafford and moved to the back and the game looked the same. Always going to be some idiots like yourself complaining. Rather you sit at home and watch the games please. Boring fan !!
Away Game problems !! on 12:02 - Jan 17 with 3534 viewspencoedjack

Away Game problems !! on 11:40 - Jan 17 by Jonoscfc

Im not too sure about the view differing from where you sit or stand in many stadiums. I started at the front of old trafford and moved to the back and the game looked the same. Always going to be some idiots like yourself complaining. Rather you sit at home and watch the games please. Boring fan !!

Agree .... Some people hey

A view further away from the pitch at OT is better than one closer ? Maybe he is long sighted (or narrow minded)

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tickets-And-Hospitality/Seating-Plan.aspx
Away Game problems !! on 12:50 - Jan 17 with 3484 views3swan

Away Game problems !! on 12:02 - Jan 17 by pencoedjack

Agree .... Some people hey

A view further away from the pitch at OT is better than one closer ? Maybe he is long sighted (or narrow minded)

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tickets-And-Hospitality/Seating-Plan.aspx

Come on your're doing yourself no good with that reply.

No problem with standing or sitting, and it does need sorting out for the reasons in this thread but I don't like the views when given seats lower down next to the pitch as it's much harder to follow play and angles etc.

Give me a seat further away every time ( excluding Newcastle )
Away Game problems !! on 12:59 - Jan 17 with 3465 viewspencoedjack

Away Game problems !! on 12:50 - Jan 17 by 3swan

Come on your're doing yourself no good with that reply.

No problem with standing or sitting, and it does need sorting out for the reasons in this thread but I don't like the views when given seats lower down next to the pitch as it's much harder to follow play and angles etc.

Give me a seat further away every time ( excluding Newcastle )

I think your doing yourself no favours tbh.

I am sure (as you know) the OP was not talking about swapping lower level seating for upper, just those who would prefer to stand in the upper section move to the back, them wishing to sit stay at the front of the upper.

As I originally stated far to simple & sensible post for PS.
Away Game problems !! on 13:02 - Jan 17 with 3460 views3swan

Away Game problems !! on 12:59 - Jan 17 by pencoedjack

I think your doing yourself no favours tbh.

I am sure (as you know) the OP was not talking about swapping lower level seating for upper, just those who would prefer to stand in the upper section move to the back, them wishing to sit stay at the front of the upper.

As I originally stated far to simple & sensible post for PS.

I agreed with the OP and it's a good thread it's just the bit

"A view further away from the pitch at OT is better than one closer ? Maybe he is long sighted (or narrow minded)

could take the thread off track

Away Game problems !! on 13:16 - Jan 17 with 3440 viewsJonoscfc

Away Game problems !! on 13:02 - Jan 17 by 3swan

I agreed with the OP and it's a good thread it's just the bit

"A view further away from the pitch at OT is better than one closer ? Maybe he is long sighted (or narrow minded)

could take the thread off track

Like i said previously your always going to get some fans complaining no matter what. Sometimes you cant please everyone but i personally feel this idea would make it more enjoyable for a lot more people and may even encourage more to start attending the away games. It wont do any harm in trying it out atleast.
Away Game problems !! on 13:18 - Jan 17 with 3435 viewsChief

What did these fans moaning about people standing do when terracing was the norm?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Away Game problems !! on 14:00 - Jan 17 with 3397 viewsShaun__Jones

We'll I went to man city away and I went with 9 other boys and we were right at the front in the corner and we were the only lot at least trying to get the chanting going, and a few others. But it just seemed like no one wanted to support their team and get behind them! It was a horrendous effort by the swans fans, we need to get the away atmosphere going again so I 100% agree with this idea, I understand people who have to sit down, but let the people who are getting behind their team do their thing! Let other teams know we are up for it and give banter, chant , everything that makes the away games the best games!!
Away Game problems !! on 14:21 - Jan 17 with 3386 viewsJonoscfc

Away Game problems !! on 14:00 - Jan 17 by Shaun__Jones

We'll I went to man city away and I went with 9 other boys and we were right at the front in the corner and we were the only lot at least trying to get the chanting going, and a few others. But it just seemed like no one wanted to support their team and get behind them! It was a horrendous effort by the swans fans, we need to get the away atmosphere going again so I 100% agree with this idea, I understand people who have to sit down, but let the people who are getting behind their team do their thing! Let other teams know we are up for it and give banter, chant , everything that makes the away games the best games!!

I couldn't agree more. I remember the excitement i used to get when i was planning on going to an away game. The atmosphere used to always be amazing. Prime examples of this would be our first season in the prem every away game was outstanding. Nowadays it seems that the excitement and enjoyment is slowly getting drained out of the away games. Aston Villa away was probably the latest example of the good old away days but even that was quiet compared to what it could have been. Just want to see that atmosphere get lifted at the games and im pretty sure it wouldn't do the team any harm hearing 3000 singing jacks every week.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 14:23]
Away Game problems !! on 17:45 - Jan 17 with 3329 viewsswanskid95

Anybody up for trailing this at Birmingham? Get all the standing fans tk the back, and make the way forward, might sound alot louder aswel if there all bunched together, and not in patches!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024