Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BAE 15:26 - Feb 3 with 2247 viewsPhildo

I am aware the guy has just had his worst game for us by some way and has been honest enough to admit that himself.

He is an interesting player to watch. For me he is a 'natural' footballer in that a lot of things seem to come to him ridiculously easily. His first touch is the best in our squad I think and that alone makes time for a player to decide what he is going to do with a ball and makes your expectations of him quite high.

It may be that the things that look easy are the result of hard work but it is hard not to wonder why someone who is at those levels of technical ability finds himself on loan to the championship?

Thoughts?
BAE on 15:30 - Feb 3 with 2208 viewsJonDoeman

My thoughts are sometimes he needs to just defend rather than worry about looking classy. Nice pic I saw today BTW :

It Is What It Is !!

BAE on 15:30 - Feb 3 with 2211 viewsscot1963

simple - he was out of favour with AVB and didn't particularly like him, he likes Harry as a manager and Harry likes him as a player and will always play him if he's available and I think he persuaded him to come to us
BAE on 15:35 - Feb 3 with 2176 viewsqprdan

Danny Rose is the first choice there rightly or wrongly, maybe he hasn't been training well or doing whatever Adebayor was doing to be out of favour, they seem to be mates, maybe its by association?.

Get the feeling he will be with us for the foreseeable future...

My opinion, great player but loses concentration at times and it cost us this week..
BAE on 15:40 - Feb 3 with 2130 viewsHollowayRanger

hopefully a wake up call for him

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

BAE on 15:46 - Feb 3 with 2106 viewsthemodfather

he is good no doubt, should be better if more motivated but after seeing our 3rd on tv, burnley must be berating their defender too....so levels out.
BAE on 15:59 - Feb 3 with 2055 viewsHarps1609

He just doesn't have any interest in football, outside of him being paid a massive wage, football to him is a job. He doesn't support a team, doesn't enjoy watching it, but has amazing talent. He did have a mare, but he really is class, and would be a worldy if he didn't suffer from these kinds of loss of concentration.
BAE on 16:26 - Feb 3 with 1983 viewsDylanP

Twice on Saturday he was too slow and casual on the ball and got robbed by a quicker, more determined player. One cost a goal and the other almost did. Everyone makes mistakes but those two were ridiculous. Just something a professional should never do. With that, he did a lot of things right on saturday and every other game. He is great at controlling the ball and his distribution is good. He isn't that quick and he certainly lacks urgency. Makes me wonder if he might be better suited to a role in the middle of the park. He has such good control and distribution, that perhaps he could make more sense in front of the defense in a Faurlin-like role. Anyone know if he has ever played in that position? Of course, we need a left back more than we need another CM, so that switch wouldn't make any sense right now.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

BAE on 16:49 - Feb 3 with 1921 viewsPunteR

Good player,tries to be too cute when he should hoof it in "Av it" John Smiths style.
I'd sign him if we go up,especially now Fabio not available.(as I just found out )

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

BAE on 17:00 - Feb 3 with 1890 viewsShotKneesHoop

Ponces around too much for my liking, probably why Spurs don't want him in the Prem. Still trying the cross field ball in our half a la Toure against West Brom far too often. That's going to be his next ricket.

BAE is OK at this level but he's not in the Gillard / Wilson / or even Gino league for doing the basics right first - then the flash stuff.

Also Nico takes better corners than BAE. Good news is that after five years of every man and his hooped dog taking them, we've finally found someone like Nico who can clear the first defender and lay the ball in the danger area.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 17:01]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

BAE on 17:12 - Feb 3 with 1859 viewsINFIRMARY

I think in football terms they refer to this as playing over confident and he needs to be less casual , Burnley were there to chase the game most other teams he will look amazing against as he has

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

BAE on 17:35 - Feb 3 with 1811 viewsessextaxiboy

he has credit in the bank for me . I cursed him Saturday but he hasnt had a bad game for us til then IMO .

He cashed in a bit more credit though when he started to f*ck around with it again when we were losing .
BAE on 18:38 - Feb 3 with 1703 viewsTheBlob

You all missed that lovely interception in the box first half then?Sheer class.
He won't do that silly bollocks thing again - 'arry will have a word.
Stand on me.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

BAE on 18:44 - Feb 3 with 1688 viewsNorthernr

BAE on 17:35 - Feb 3 by essextaxiboy

he has credit in the bank for me . I cursed him Saturday but he hasnt had a bad game for us til then IMO .

He cashed in a bit more credit though when he started to f*ck around with it again when we were losing .

That was the thing. To do it once you can forgive but he'd done it once before the goal, then the goal, then again at the end and nearly cost us the game. Take the hint!

He has been mainly excellent for us though so fair enough. Seem to remember he had a bad game up there as well though. Maybe he's a closet Burnley fan.
BAE on 19:12 - Feb 3 with 1629 viewsSpiritofGregory

BAE on 16:49 - Feb 3 by PunteR

Good player,tries to be too cute when he should hoof it in "Av it" John Smiths style.
I'd sign him if we go up,especially now Fabio not available.(as I just found out )

I wouldn't, he lacks strength and desire. I want players who are willing to bust a gut for the team. We've already had our fair share of prima donnas.
BAE on 19:22 - Feb 3 with 1610 viewsPunteR

BAE on 19:12 - Feb 3 by SpiritofGregory

I wouldn't, he lacks strength and desire. I want players who are willing to bust a gut for the team. We've already had our fair share of prima donnas.

He's a good left back. Bad day at the office.Imho.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

BAE on 22:11 - Feb 3 with 1513 viewsYorkRanger

BAE on 19:12 - Feb 3 by SpiritofGregory

Shock horror SOG criticises players as prima donnas....
BAE on 22:12 - Feb 3 with 1510 viewsYorkRanger

BAE on 18:44 - Feb 3 by Northernr

That was the thing. To do it once you can forgive but he'd done it once before the goal, then the goal, then again at the end and nearly cost us the game. Take the hint!

He has been mainly excellent for us though so fair enough. Seem to remember he had a bad game up there as well though. Maybe he's a closet Burnley fan.

Good player just needs to learn where row Z is....
BAE on 22:13 - Feb 3 with 1505 viewsShotKneesHoop

BAE on 22:12 - Feb 3 by YorkRanger

Good player just needs to learn where row Z is....

He needs to have a word with SWP then!!!!

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

BAE on 22:31 - Feb 3 with 1470 viewsqprmick

His play is good, except when he is facing our goal. As has been said one mistake is a sin, twice is stupid and the same mistake the third time is a hanging offence. I don't think he will do it again.

Qprmick

BAE on 23:39 - Feb 3 with 1429 viewshamptonhillhoop

BAE on 18:38 - Feb 3 by TheBlob

You all missed that lovely interception in the box first half then?Sheer class.
He won't do that silly bollocks thing again - 'arry will have a word.
Stand on me.

I'm glad someone has finally remembered that. In the last minute of the first half he put himself between the ball and their attacker and stopped the move stone dead. But no ones talking about that
BAE on 02:08 - Feb 4 with 1393 viewsDylanP

BAE on 23:39 - Feb 3 by hamptonhillhoop

I'm glad someone has finally remembered that. In the last minute of the first half he put himself between the ball and their attacker and stopped the move stone dead. But no ones talking about that

Almost everyone has talked about he is a great player BUT...

The great player part covers the perfectly timed interceptions and tackles and the clean, crisp control and distribution.

The BUT covers the lapses in concentration and casualness.

I don't think anyone missed that interception. It was just covered by the general statement regarding his abilities.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

BAE on 09:15 - Feb 4 with 1314 viewsTheBlob

BAE on 02:08 - Feb 4 by DylanP

Almost everyone has talked about he is a great player BUT...

The great player part covers the perfectly timed interceptions and tackles and the clean, crisp control and distribution.

The BUT covers the lapses in concentration and casualness.

I don't think anyone missed that interception. It was just covered by the general statement regarding his abilities.

Yeah right.Just an oversight eh.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024