Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fans sitting down away from home 21:52 - Mar 11 with 4392 viewsDieByYourSide

Not being funny but we are one of very, very few sets of fans where the majority sit down at away games. I *know* there are old people/young people/people who can't stand for 90 minutes, but surely such people follow all the other club's that stand at away games and manage to make do?

Really kills the buzz of an away game, makes for a very docile and boring day out IN MY OPINION...

Poll: And it's hi ho

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:54 - Mar 12 with 1028 viewsheadhoops

we haven't had any cliques lately can I be in the one which sits down but does sing?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:54 - Mar 12 with 1028 viewsDieByYourSide

Just feel that following Rangers away is usually a miserable enough experience without sitting down in silence while home fans rip the shit out of us..

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 15:00 - Mar 12 with 983 viewsQPunkR

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:52 - Mar 12 by simmo

If I find myself in the part of the away section that is standing, I stand. If I find myself near the front and/or in an area where those around me are sitting, I sit.

When we're attacking, through on goal, building momentum, I might stand to raise the tempo or get a better look at whats going on, then I sit back down.

It's not that hard.

Agreed it's not difficult, I do likewise a lot of the time.
It is bloody annoying though when I've stood up but a couple of times per match only to have some fat w@nker behind me say 'sidddoooown'. We ain't at Wimbledon bloody tennis tournament!

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 15:04 - Mar 12 with 979 viewsNathanNI

Personally if they allowed un allocated seating at grounds (for away fans) this wouldn't be an issue as folks would migrate to the front to sit, or the back to stand.

In theory.
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 15:10 - Mar 12 with 973 viewskensalriser

Strange there's a rule that allows standing for away fans but not home fans.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 15:20 - Mar 12 with 959 viewsdaveB

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:54 - Mar 12 by DieByYourSide

Just feel that following Rangers away is usually a miserable enough experience without sitting down in silence while home fans rip the shit out of us..

so is standing in silence any better? Plenty stood up at Charlton but we didn't make any noise that day either
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 15:53 - Mar 12 with 932 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 15:10 - Mar 12 by kensalriser

Strange there's a rule that allows standing for away fans but not home fans.

Is there such a rule? I thought it was 'compulsory' to sit but just not enforced by security who don't want to get abused. I seem to remember that Swansea wouldn't let anyone stand last year.

There could, of course, be different rules in Wales!
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 15:59 - Mar 12 with 918 viewsDieByYourSide

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 15:53 - Mar 12 by francisbowles

Is there such a rule? I thought it was 'compulsory' to sit but just not enforced by security who don't want to get abused. I seem to remember that Swansea wouldn't let anyone stand last year.

There could, of course, be different rules in Wales!

if thousands are set on standing there's nothing anyone can do

Login to get fewer ads

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 16:12 - Mar 12 with 900 viewsfrancisbowles

Those that stand in front of others and block their view, apart from momentarily with the excitement! ha!, are inconsiderate and bad mannered.
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 16:27 - Mar 12 with 887 viewstoboboly

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:52 - Mar 12 by simmo

If I find myself in the part of the away section that is standing, I stand. If I find myself near the front and/or in an area where those around me are sitting, I sit.

When we're attacking, through on goal, building momentum, I might stand to raise the tempo or get a better look at whats going on, then I sit back down.

It's not that hard.

My God, an adult.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 16:43 - Mar 12 with 867 viewsA40Bosh

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 13:54 - Mar 12 by DieByYourSide

That's an interesting take - and we have to accept that those fans who regularly travel away from home week in week out are very much the die hard fans and for many through their eyes, watching your team is not a passive experience. You go to "support" your team and their definition of "support" means standing up and making as much noise as possible to both encourage the team but to counter the home support noise. They are the ones who will spend as much time hurling abuse at the nearest section of home fans who are singing as actually watching the match.

Then there are others who simply go there to watch the game and cant understand why some "yob" insists on screaming up and down the stairs of the stand demanding that everyone stand and sing for their team.

You pays your money and you makes your choice.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 17:02 - Mar 12 with 845 viewsRangersAreBack

QPR fans sitting down away from home on 10:33 - Mar 12 by daveB

I never understand why people pay over 30 quid for a seat then moan that they have to sit on it. Not everyone wants to stand up for various reasons and when someone at the front stands it just causes arguments further back when no one can see and that affects the atmosphere more imo. The last few years at places like Liverpool, Palace and Norwich fans spent more time arguing about sitting down and standing up than they did cheering the team on.

Anyway it is possible to sing whilst sitting down, Westlife made a career out of it.

LOL. Yes but they always stood up mid-way through the song!
QPR fans sitting down away from home on 19:33 - Mar 12 with 788 viewsqprewan

Personally I think it depends on the game to some extent- I was gutted yesterday when everyone sat down as soon as the game kicked off- prior to this it had been noisy and raucous and felt like a big night and a big game. As soon as this happened the atmosphere rapidly went downhill. When you are in a London Derby or at am important game it sends out a positive message to your own team in particular that we are literally up for it. On the other hand at Birmingham on Saturday or at somewhere like Doncaster I wasnt bothered about standing at all. In front of what what will probably be the biggest crowd of the season and under floodlights we all lamely sat down like we was at the theatre- felt totally wrong to me.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2014 19:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024