Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barker sacked 10:54 - Mar 27 with 6324 viewsphomem

by Pompey
Barker sacked on 11:08 - Mar 27 with 6279 viewsColDale

think he knew the game was up the way he raced down the tunnel before the final whistle had even finished ringing.
Barker sacked on 11:08 - Mar 27 with 6279 viewsBrighouseDale

Is it some sort of benchmark, to sack a manager if they lose against Rochdale, as if it's the ultimate humiliation?

I seem to remember it happening on a few occasions in the past.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Barker sacked on 11:16 - Mar 27 with 6239 viewspioneer

Barker sacked on 11:08 - Mar 27 by BrighouseDale

Is it some sort of benchmark, to sack a manager if they lose against Rochdale, as if it's the ultimate humiliation?

or perhaps its only when they play the dale that they see just how far behind the standard for success in this division they are.
Barker sacked on 11:24 - Mar 27 with 6221 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Barker sacked on 11:08 - Mar 27 by BrighouseDale

It does seem to have happened an unusual number of times in the past (mainly when we were the whipping boys!)

Does any statistical person keep track of such things? Would be interesting to see.
Barker sacked on 11:26 - Mar 27 with 6212 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Nothing on SSN yet........?
Barker sacked on 11:31 - Mar 27 with 6199 viewsSuddenLad

Barker sacked on 11:24 - Mar 27 by Albert_Whitehurst

It does seem to have happened an unusual number of times in the past (mainly when we were the whipping boys!)

Does any statistical person keep track of such things? Would be interesting to see.

The confirmation is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26765666

There has been a thread on this very subject previously. There are numerous 'casualties' of defeats by Dale ending in the 'bullet'.

Ian Atkins
Bobby Gould
Terry Butcher................to name but three and there are several others..............
[Post edited 27 Mar 2014 11:33]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Barker sacked on 11:37 - Mar 27 with 6177 viewsSkiptonDale

Pretty sure Carlton Palmer was sacked by Mansfield after we beat them.
Barker sacked on 12:51 - Mar 27 with 6019 viewscupardale

David Hodgson darlo? Dave penney darlo?.....
Login to get fewer ads

Barker sacked on 13:38 - Mar 27 with 5922 viewsjudd

Barker sacked on 12:51 - Mar 27 by cupardale

Didn't Oxford sack two managers in one season after losing games to us?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Barker sacked on 14:37 - Mar 27 with 5834 viewsParkinsGimp

Yeah that paedo Rix went after losing with Oxford.
Barker has fallen from grace since his "brilliant" time at little bury LOL
Barker sacked on 15:17 - Mar 27 with 5770 viewsregjenkins

part of his game plan you think?

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Barker sacked on 15:19 - Mar 27 with 5764 viewsSandyman

Barker sacked on 11:31 - Mar 27 by SuddenLad

The confirmation is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26765666

There has been a thread on this very subject previously. There are numerous 'casualties' of defeats by Dale ending in the 'bullet'.

Ian Atkins
Bobby Gould
Terry Butcher................to name but three and there are several others..............
[Post edited 27 Mar 2014 11:33]

I remember our minibus party leaving the ground after beating Cheltenham, and being congratulated for doing so by their fans as news got round of Gould being sacked immediately after the game.
Barker sacked on 15:27 - Mar 27 with 5741 viewsaleanddale

Barker sacked on 13:38 - Mar 27 by judd

Didn't Oxford sack two managers in one season after losing games to us?

Not so long ago Judd.

Beat em at the Kassam and they sacked the manager and lo and behold exactly the same later the same season when we did the league double over them at Spotland!!

Losing to little ol Rochdale has had plenty of managerial casualties over the years.
Barker sacked on 15:50 - Mar 27 with 5689 viewsColDale

Barker sacked on 11:37 - Mar 27 by SkiptonDale

Didn't Palmer walk off with about ten mins to go of that game?
Barker sacked on 15:57 - Mar 27 with 5669 viewsSuddenLad

Barker sacked on 12:51 - Mar 27 by cupardale

Dave Hodgson actually resigned during half-time in the dressing room at Spotland when Dale were playing Darlo......

Barker sacked on 18:02 - Mar 27 with 5564 viewsShun

Barker sacked on 11:37 - Mar 27 by SkiptonDale

The Mansfield fans that match were bouncing up and down waving banners and excitedly singing about how much they wanted Palmer out all game. I've never seen such vociferous anti-support!
Barker sacked on 18:06 - Mar 27 with 5543 viewsphomem

Normally sacked after a poor performance against a team near the bottom - not the team top.

Mind you Bryan Gunn was sacked from Norwich following a 4-0 away win
Barker sacked on 19:29 - Mar 27 with 5430 viewsDale92

I remember being at Cheltenham when Bobby Gould resigned straight after playing us.

This is the One, I've waited for

Barker sacked on 10:13 - Mar 28 with 5227 viewsSuddenLad

Interesting to see that a club director (and former player) now says that Richie Barker was 'the wrong man at the wrong club at the wrong time' and that 'he never fitted in at Portsmouth'

Wonder who appointed him ?

Barker sacked on 10:20 - Mar 28 with 5212 viewsjudd

Barker sacked on 10:13 - Mar 28 by SuddenLad

Interesting to see that a club director (and former player) now says that Richie Barker was 'the wrong man at the wrong club at the wrong time' and that 'he never fitted in at Portsmouth'

Sounds like he was very straight then.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Barker sacked on 13:22 - Mar 28 with 5148 viewsBarryStrange

Barker sacked on 10:13 - Mar 28 by SuddenLad

That must be about the 10th consecutive wrong man at the wrong time at Portsmouth by now seen as how they plummet on and on, ever downwards.

Barker is a mediocre manager. Whilst I have been surprised Knill has turned out to be garbage at both managerial jobs since Bury I am not surprised by Barker - he is tactically stubborn but that is nothing to his total inability to use the transfer market. Remember he signed Lateef Elford-Elliyu three times in 2012. And I suspect none of you have heard of him.

However the bit with him that really sticks in the craw is his disappearing act the Monday before last season started having built a truly faecal squad at Bury and then using our consequent crapness with his players as evidence in interviews of how inspirational he had been at the club the previous season. Douchebag.
Barker sacked on 13:31 - Mar 28 with 5137 viewsSuddenLad

Barker sacked on 13:22 - Mar 28 by BarryStrange

That must be about the 10th consecutive wrong man at the wrong time at Portsmouth by now seen as how they plummet on and on, ever downwards.

Barker is a mediocre manager. Whilst I have been surprised Knill has turned out to be garbage at both managerial jobs since Bury I am not surprised by Barker - he is tactically stubborn but that is nothing to his total inability to use the transfer market. Remember he signed Lateef Elford-Elliyu three times in 2012. And I suspect none of you have heard of him.

However the bit with him that really sticks in the craw is his disappearing act the Monday before last season started having built a truly faecal squad at Bury and then using our consequent crapness with his players as evidence in interviews of how inspirational he had been at the club the previous season. Douchebag.

Pompey explain that prior to appointing Andy Awford as caretaker manager, they had 'explored other options' with a view to appointing someone form 'outside' the club, but their preferred choice was 'unavailable at this present time'

I think that could mean that Steve Claridge will continue to co-present the Football league show for the immediate future and in no way wishes to be connected with the ultimate demise of Portsmouth FC if they lose league status.

Claridge was at Spotland on Tuesday and must have been embarrassed at what he saw. Hard to imaging they lifted the FA Cup a mere 6 years ago.

Barker sacked on 11:51 - Mar 30 with 5003 viewsmacro

Barker has become assistant manager at mk dons
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024