Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry wants it then 17:37 - Mar 30 with 10584 viewsDarran

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9240830/premier-league-swansea-man

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry wants it then on 20:44 - Mar 30 with 3943 viewsScoobyWho

20% win rate! just cant be allowed to happen.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Garry wants it then on 20:47 - Mar 30 with 3911 viewsDr_Winston

Too soon. Needs more experience coaching at different levels first.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garry wants it then on 20:52 - Mar 30 with 3881 viewsdeanscfc

No, we need someone with experience and contacts at other clubs in order to sign players. Someone who can bring in a Michu or a Sigurdson like Laudrup and Rodgers did.
Garry wants it then on 20:53 - Mar 30 with 3874 viewsC_jack

Garry wants it then on 20:47 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

That is the underlying fact. We need the best option for the job, not the cheapest.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2014 20:53]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Garry wants it then on 20:53 - Mar 30 with 3865 viewsSpratty

Say less Garry, say less

Don't care what the points tally is - ok
Garry wants it then on 20:56 - Mar 30 with 3846 viewsDrizzy

He's not going to get it.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Garry wants it then on 21:05 - Mar 30 with 3786 viewsicecoldjack

You'd have to be mad not to love his attitude but IMO he needs alot more than that.

I get the feeling that he will get the job and the board will be more hands on in terms of player recruitment, im not sure this is the best approach myself.

I feel that his experience is etremely limited and for him to make a decent go of things it would mean a top number 2 to assist him,which they probably wouldn't fancy doing .

I dont see us going for a big name, i think the boards ego's will clash with anyone of note so somebody that knows where the line is drawn will be the choice .

Hope im wrong.

Whatever happens, ive been impressed with Monks attitude towards the job and he is trying his hardest no doubt, he will give it his best shot and that is all we as fans can ask for .
Garry wants it then on 21:11 - Mar 30 with 3755 viewsblaine_scfc

Garry wants it then on 21:05 - Mar 30 by icecoldjack

You'd have to be mad not to love his attitude but IMO he needs alot more than that.

I get the feeling that he will get the job and the board will be more hands on in terms of player recruitment, im not sure this is the best approach myself.

I feel that his experience is etremely limited and for him to make a decent go of things it would mean a top number 2 to assist him,which they probably wouldn't fancy doing .

I dont see us going for a big name, i think the boards ego's will clash with anyone of note so somebody that knows where the line is drawn will be the choice .

Hope im wrong.

Whatever happens, ive been impressed with Monks attitude towards the job and he is trying his hardest no doubt, he will give it his best shot and that is all we as fans can ask for .

Agree with everything you have said.

In my opinion I think the board already know it's Monks. Having the board even more involved with scouting and player recruitment concerns me greatly, but we'll just have to see what happens.
Login to get fewer ads

Garry wants it then on 21:16 - Mar 30 with 3725 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I think the board are gagging to give Garry the job and if he keeps us up he's going to get it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Garry wants it then on 21:22 - Mar 30 with 3692 viewsmonmouth

Garry wants it then on 20:47 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

Basically my view I just put on the wrong (Sherwood) thread. Planned transition into the role is feasible imo. Cold turkey now could likely end in tears for everybody. He has a lot of emergency goodwill atm. Lose a few games next season and 'Super Garry Monk' will turn into 'Sort it Out ffs Monk' and 'Bugger off Monk' in milliseconds.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry wants it then on 21:36 - Mar 30 with 3626 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

If we don't give it to someone who comes with a ready-made list of cracking transfer options (Like Laudrup and Rodgers), then we're in for a major struggle as the club's own recruitment set-up is nothing short of an embarrassment.

It's one of my biggest concerns about Monk getting the job - we just get more insular and end up almost fetishizing the 'Swansea Way' to the point of parody as other clubs look outward and embrace change.

Monk in combination with an outside, experienced coach I'd be ok with, but keeping it all in-house - essentially Monk and HJ running the whole show....Mmmm, not sure.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Garry wants it then on 21:46 - Mar 30 with 3579 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry wants it then on 21:36 - Mar 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

If we don't give it to someone who comes with a ready-made list of cracking transfer options (Like Laudrup and Rodgers), then we're in for a major struggle as the club's own recruitment set-up is nothing short of an embarrassment.

It's one of my biggest concerns about Monk getting the job - we just get more insular and end up almost fetishizing the 'Swansea Way' to the point of parody as other clubs look outward and embrace change.

Monk in combination with an outside, experienced coach I'd be ok with, but keeping it all in-house - essentially Monk and HJ running the whole show....Mmmm, not sure.

Spot on.

Monk and Jenkins running the whole show doesn't bear thinking about.
Garry wants it then on 21:59 - Mar 30 with 3504 viewsRancid

Garry wants it then on 21:16 - Mar 30 by Joe_bradshaw

I think the board are gagging to give Garry the job and if he keeps us up he's going to get it.

I can see it happening.Wouldn't surprise me at all.I hope it doesn't but watch this space.
Garry wants it then on 22:12 - Mar 30 with 3441 viewsMagicDaps

I don't think transfers will be anywhere near as important next summer than last summer, should we stay up I think we've got the makings of a very good squad and have improved depth sufficiently for a season without the Europa League.

I think we'd be short a right back, striker and maybe a bit of class on the wing with Ki to come back in to the side. I don't think it's essential that we bring in somebody with contacts.

Personally I'll trust whatever decision the board makes, I think people are really downplaying how well Monk's done based on his wins, when he has got plenty of good results and performances which could have easily seen him win a couple more and be a dead cert to get the job. I can also see the view that maybe we should let him be an assistant to a Bielsa type manager for a couple of years, helping him to learn the role a lot more when he does make the step up longer term and I'm happy for the board to make that decision.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Garry wants it then on 22:14 - Mar 30 with 3420 viewsSwansNZ

My preference would be to get an experienced manager in, and mentor Monk as the No2.

Whatever happens, I hope they do it as soon as the season ends — we won’t sign any players, with no manager confirmed (except N’gog and Emnes maybe).

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Garry wants it then on 22:14 - Mar 30 with 3422 viewsicecoldjack

Garry wants it then on 21:46 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

Spot on.

Monk and Jenkins running the whole show doesn't bear thinking about.

"the erosion of our principles " was a phrase used by our chairman that pretty much tells us where we are heading.

I can totally understand the board not being comfortable spending big sums of money but unfortunatly you generally get what you pay for,a classic example being Bony, there is always a risk though and i beleive the thought of that risk bearing fruit is putting the frightners on our board .

With Garry in charge it will be back to cheaper players and those around the £5m mark. IMO. Not because Monk wants it but because he will be perhaps more of a coach than a manager and will not be 100% in control of what comes through the door.

I feel the Swans have been wanting the Director of football model for a while and by that i mean almost total control of what comes in .

It will be a very interesting time. I actually think that if we kept everyone in the summer then we wouldnt need all that much work in the squad.

A fully fit swans squad is mid table squad,give or take a few players . No major surgery needed if we stay up and thats another reason why i think Monk will be in control .
Garry wants it then on 22:25 - Mar 30 with 3361 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry wants it then on 22:14 - Mar 30 by icecoldjack

"the erosion of our principles " was a phrase used by our chairman that pretty much tells us where we are heading.

I can totally understand the board not being comfortable spending big sums of money but unfortunatly you generally get what you pay for,a classic example being Bony, there is always a risk though and i beleive the thought of that risk bearing fruit is putting the frightners on our board .

With Garry in charge it will be back to cheaper players and those around the £5m mark. IMO. Not because Monk wants it but because he will be perhaps more of a coach than a manager and will not be 100% in control of what comes through the door.

I feel the Swans have been wanting the Director of football model for a while and by that i mean almost total control of what comes in .

It will be a very interesting time. I actually think that if we kept everyone in the summer then we wouldnt need all that much work in the squad.

A fully fit swans squad is mid table squad,give or take a few players . No major surgery needed if we stay up and thats another reason why i think Monk will be in control .

If the Director of Football thinks Marvin Emnes is the type of player we need then we're royally f*cked.

If the manager is subservient to a chairman who meddles in first team affairs then we're even more f*cked.
Garry wants it then on 22:55 - Mar 30 with 3281 viewsMartyrman57

I would fully support Garry for the job. We have played with more purpose and passion under him and I agree with his view that we have been unlucky under his tenure. I have no doubt we would be closer to the relegation mix under ML.
Garry wants it then on 23:20 - Mar 30 with 3209 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think we would have been safe after the west brom game under ML. Having said that GM is doing his very best and should be applauded for it. Not his fault he has been thrown in at the deep end. I really hope HJ is not believing his own hype and on an ego trip.
It is a possibility but I hope it is not the case. I feel we should have a clear indication of how the management structure currently works and what it will be next season.
I am not a fan of the coach / DOF structure particularly if the latter is a Chairman. I doubt Rodgers, ML or even Martinez would have signed for us under those circumstances.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Garry wants it then on 23:25 - Mar 30 with 3187 viewsScoobyWho

Garry wants it then on 21:05 - Mar 30 by icecoldjack

Hope im wrong.

Good post referencing the board and ego.
Maybe Garry ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Garry wants it then on 23:35 - Mar 30 with 3143 viewsUxbridge

Garry wants it then on 22:25 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

If the Director of Football thinks Marvin Emnes is the type of player we need then we're royally f*cked.

If the manager is subservient to a chairman who meddles in first team affairs then we're even more f*cked.

Quite. If.

As for Monk, to me it would make more sense for him to be first team coach under an experienced head so he could earn his badges and gain experience. Will the club do that or think he's ready now? Dunno. Could see it going either way.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Garry wants it then on 10:01 - Mar 31 with 2911 viewsLord_Bony

Garry wants it then on 22:25 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

Agreed

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Garry wants it then on 11:20 - Mar 31 with 2825 viewsJackSomething

The board have put themselves in a tough position. They obviously want Garry to succeed and become our permanent manger, but that rightly raises concerns about our transfer policy, as once Bayram was out of the picture, it seemed the Championship was the only place we felt happy shopping.

The trouble is, if Garry doesn't do well enough over the last 6 games and we appoint someone else, are the board going to want to keep Garry here and groom him for the future? Not many managers would be happy with that situation.

For me, keeping us up shouldn't be the deciding factor in Garry getting the job, as I don't think we were ever going to get relegated, whether ML or Monk was in charge. If he gets say, 10 points from the last 6 games, then he's got a good case, but the transfer worry is still there.

If Garry gets the job, I'd like to see an experienced person come in as Director of Football/General Manager. Garry handles training and picks the team, also working closely to identify and sign players with the new guy. No one comes in who he doesn't want, but he doesn't have to find players himself.

I'm still of the opinion that Emnes and N'Gog were signed in January because ML had basically stopped caring about signings once Bayram was excluded. Should Garry get the job and then we make permanent deals for the likes of Emnes, then I don't think anyone among the support is going to be happy.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Garry wants it then on 14:02 - Mar 31 with 2686 viewsBaker

Garry wants it then on 23:35 - Mar 30 by Uxbridge

Quite. If.

As for Monk, to me it would make more sense for him to be first team coach under an experienced head so he could earn his badges and gain experience. Will the club do that or think he's ready now? Dunno. Could see it going either way.

I just hope they employ someone without the monotone voice.

I involuntarily want to put my boot through my television whenever Monk speaks to the press.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Garry wants it then on 14:18 - Mar 31 with 2649 viewslifelong

My main concern, if Garry Monk gets the job, is what players is he going to attract to the club for next season?

There is a possibility that Laudrup could be back in employment in the summer and some of the players he brought here could follow him out of the club. These players will need replacing with players of a similar or better standard and one of the main attractions for a player joining any club, in my opinion, is the manager.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024