Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge 07:37 - Apr 29 with 15824 viewsHuw57

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-reflect-Garry-Monk-s-time-c

Fingers crossed for Garry.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:39 - Apr 29 with 5224 viewsblaine_scfc

I'd be amazed if he didn't get it.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:41 - Apr 29 with 5211 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:39 - Apr 29 by blaine_scfc

Me too.

Still think he shouldn't though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:42 - Apr 29 with 5209 viewsHuw57

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:39 - Apr 29 by blaine_scfc

I 100% want it to be Monk, back-to-back wins for the first time since December 2012, 2-2 at the Emirates where we battled to the end, and the derby victory of course!

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:42 - Apr 29 with 5202 viewsshandyjack

I'd be disapointed if he got the job full time but as i think it's nailed on i'll just keep my fingers crossed it doesn't come back to bite us and we recruit properly in the summer to give him the best chance

Poll: Expectation for the season

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:43 - Apr 29 with 5199 viewsHuw57

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:42 - Apr 29 by shandyjack

I'd be disapointed if he got the job full time but as i think it's nailed on i'll just keep my fingers crossed it doesn't come back to bite us and we recruit properly in the summer to give him the best chance

It will be interesting to see who the new arrivals would be.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:43 - Apr 29 with 5198 viewsswancity

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:41 - Apr 29 by Dr_Winston

Me too.

Still think he shouldn't though.

Why would that be then jobs?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:56 - Apr 29 with 5139 viewsjacksinceever

I would either prefer to have a different more experienced manager or a guiding hand brought in to help Garry on what will continue to be a big learning curve next season.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:56 - Apr 29 with 5137 viewsTrundle10

I have got reservations too. It is ok coming in as caretaker with a backs against the wall mentality and yes, he has done a good job. the reality is we have beaten A poor Villa side, a Newcastle side who are currently in dissaray, bottom of the league and relegation certainties Cardiff and Norwich. He has done ok and we have stayed up buti am far from convinced he is the man to take us to the next level. Also his man management must be questioned with the Canas and Pozelo scenario. It is ok to be hardline but we cannot afford to dump layers of this quality and take a chance on rookies or players not as good. his substitutions have been very questionable too and one stage Lita Ngog Vasquez were taking it in turns before he finally got lucky with Emnes.....
Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 08:06 - Apr 29 with 5095 viewsDaiTheDrop

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:56 - Apr 29 by Trundle10

I have got reservations too. It is ok coming in as caretaker with a backs against the wall mentality and yes, he has done a good job. the reality is we have beaten A poor Villa side, a Newcastle side who are currently in dissaray, bottom of the league and relegation certainties Cardiff and Norwich. He has done ok and we have stayed up buti am far from convinced he is the man to take us to the next level. Also his man management must be questioned with the Canas and Pozelo scenario. It is ok to be hardline but we cannot afford to dump layers of this quality and take a chance on rookies or players not as good. his substitutions have been very questionable too and one stage Lita Ngog Vasquez were taking it in turns before he finally got lucky with Emnes.....

Wow! Talk about giving someone no credit whatsoever! Lucy sub and poor quality oppo!?!? FWIW I'm still unsure on Monk but give him credit when it's due!
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 08:08 - Apr 29 with 5088 viewsBonjour

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:56 - Apr 29 by Trundle10

Canas and Pozuelo are pants and are quite rightly out of the squad.

My main concern with Monk is who is going to want to sign for him.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 08:15 - Apr 29 with 5059 viewsUxbridge

Sit back, assess our options, pick the best man available for the job (which may or may not be GM). Common sense there.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 08:18 - Apr 29 with 5051 viewsicecoldjack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:42 - Apr 29 by shandyjack

Ditto.

Sums it up perfect for me. So many bloody stories going around now, i just want it sorted so whoever it is we can start to move forward and look to the future.

They are desperate to give the job to Monk though, a massive gamble IMO but it is what it is .
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 08:34 - Apr 29 with 5015 viewsfbreath

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 08:18 - Apr 29 by icecoldjack

Ditto.

Sums it up perfect for me. So many bloody stories going around now, i just want it sorted so whoever it is we can start to move forward and look to the future.

They are desperate to give the job to Monk though, a massive gamble IMO but it is what it is .

Would the club really take a gamble. They would only give the job to Garry if they believe he is the right man for the job.

There may be more qualified people but their personalities may not suit the way Swansea want to operate. This has always been said by the board.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 08:46 - Apr 29 with 4978 viewsMattG

I'm not completely happy about the likelihood of Monk getting the job as I think it's partly due to the Board painting themselves into a bit of a corner by appointing him when and in the way they did.

The issue is that I can't see there being many (if any) experienced managers willing to come in and retain Monk as part of their staff due to his history with the Club and links with the players. On that basis, if they did want someone different to take over in the summer, it would effectively mean having to get rid of Monk completely and, as he's fulfilled his brief and kept us up, I can't see them doing that.

At the end of the day, I'll back whoever they put in post but just hope that, if they do go for Monk, it's because they genuinely think he's the best available man for the job and not because he's either the cheap or easy option.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 08:55 - Apr 29 with 4954 viewsjackb

So what exactly is the Canas-Pozuelo scenario, seeing as you seem to be ITK!
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:09 - Apr 29 with 4920 viewsplasmarljack

The way I see it is we have two options.

1. Look for a new manager and start another cycle of 2 years stability, followed by the risk of loosing him if he is successful. Then having to start again Etc, etc.

2. Appoint Gary who, although new to the job, is someone who is used to being a leader of both club and team, having been the club/team captain for many years. I also believe his experience of being captain while under Roberto and Brendan is something we cannot discount.

My personal view is we need stabillity to progress. I don't share the view that you need
A big name to have big signings. The pull of the premier league should not be underestimated. Two of the most successful teams in the league had long term managers who's first few years were not immediately successful ( fergerson and venger) but they were given time to build.

I think Gary monk has an oppertunity that he knows may only come once in his lifetime and think he has both the will and drive to make a good effort. Don't forget , he has been our leader for many years and he is capable of more as a manager.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:09 - Apr 29 with 4919 viewstomdickharry

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 08:46 - Apr 29 by MattG

I'm not completely happy about the likelihood of Monk getting the job as I think it's partly due to the Board painting themselves into a bit of a corner by appointing him when and in the way they did.

The issue is that I can't see there being many (if any) experienced managers willing to come in and retain Monk as part of their staff due to his history with the Club and links with the players. On that basis, if they did want someone different to take over in the summer, it would effectively mean having to get rid of Monk completely and, as he's fulfilled his brief and kept us up, I can't see them doing that.

At the end of the day, I'll back whoever they put in post but just hope that, if they do go for Monk, it's because they genuinely think he's the best available man for the job and not because he's either the cheap or easy option.

Good post. May I add,if as is widely expected Monk is appointed then I would expect the board to fully back him financially in any signings he wishes to make. First up I would have thought will be Wiiliams signing a new contract,which would be a huge boost for Monk, support on field from an experienced top player is essential,with an early settlement of the Williams contract Monk could the pursue his summer targets with the confidence that he will be fully supported by the club.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:16 - Apr 29 with 4896 viewsClinton

If Monk gets it, will Alan Tate get some role in the set up?

Furthermore, I'm worried that Pep Clotet will retain some influence. His results as first team coach at various clubs is absolutely dreadful. Multiple relegations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josep_Clotet_Ruiz
Back to the academy for Pep please.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:18 - Apr 29 with 4885 viewsRogueTrooper

He's got Premier League management experience, probably learnt a lot over the last few months, seems to have the backing of the players and is getting a tune out of Shelvey, Pablo and Bony, I've got no problem with him taking over, the performances have been good overall, despite some iffy results which in some cases didn't reflect the performance in some cases. Anyway you look at it our premier league performances, the generally have improved under Monk.

Added to the fact that he is a Jack Barsteward who isnt likely to feck us over, or employ a bellend as an agent.

I'm not too worried about transfers, apart from Bony, we dont go for superstars anyway, we want hard working players who aren't getting the rub of the green at their current club but would fit in brilliantly here. A few more Routledges wouldn't go amiss.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 9:28]

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:21 - Apr 29 with 4863 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 08:55 - Apr 29 by jackb

HDK.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:21 - Apr 29 with 4863 viewsTrundle10

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 08:55 - Apr 29 by jackb

Not in the know mate. Just patently obvious that at this moment in time Poz and Cannas are far better than the likes of Fulton, NGog etc yet they are both fit and not being selected for whatever reason. Ok, we are safe now but some of his selections on and from the bench have been baffling.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:23 - Apr 29 with 4854 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:21 - Apr 29 by Trundle10

Not in the know mate. Just patently obvious that at this moment in time Poz and Cannas are far better than the likes of Fulton, NGog etc yet they are both fit and not being selected for whatever reason. Ok, we are safe now but some of his selections on and from the bench have been baffling.

But what about his man management of them?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:26 - Apr 29 with 4840 viewsJackSomething

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:09 - Apr 29 by tomdickharry

Good post. May I add,if as is widely expected Monk is appointed then I would expect the board to fully back him financially in any signings he wishes to make. First up I would have thought will be Wiiliams signing a new contract,which would be a huge boost for Monk, support on field from an experienced top player is essential,with an early settlement of the Williams contract Monk could the pursue his summer targets with the confidence that he will be fully supported by the club.

Good point.

If the board have always planned on giving Monk the job, as many of us have long thought, it would be good to be working on other issues behind the scenes to give Monk some early 'wins'.

New contracts for the likes of Williams and Pablo could count, as could an early summer signing or two.

Not as important an issue as getting someone experienced in to assist Monk, but would be a good sign that the club are at least planning ahead a little.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:41 - Apr 29 with 4776 viewsWarwickHunt

This almost mythical experienced figure to help Monk...who do you think would come in to play second fiddle to a rookie?

Serious question.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:47 - Apr 29 with 4745 viewsIAN05

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:41 - Apr 29 by WarwickHunt

This almost mythical experienced figure to help Monk...who do you think would come in to play second fiddle to a rookie?

Serious question.

Didn't Monk also say that bringing in an experienced head would be a sign of failure ? Cant see it being attractive to either party if honest.

Gonna be an interesting few weeks. I thought Monk would be pretty much put straight in once we were safe, but doesn't look as cut and dried as that. Lets hope its not allowed to drag on too long though.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024