Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge 07:37 - Apr 29 with 16310 viewsHuw57

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-reflect-Garry-Monk-s-time-c

Fingers crossed for Garry.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 12:39 - Apr 29 with 1733 viewsLe_Swans

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:02 - Apr 29 by exiledinenglandjack

My 2 pence would be to look at bringing a DoF in, can't fault Gary's coaching of the team but i echo the view of his inexperience in the transfer market could hinder us. Frank Arneson who has been previously linked with the role would be the ideal candidate, proven successful in the prem with Chelsea and also at Hamburg i believe where they would have a similar budget to us. Also, experienced in the role of recruitment and recruitment only.

Or someone like Leonardo, managed both Milan teams I believe and was director of football recently at PSG, stated on MOTD a while back that he wants to get back into football, will have more contacts than most too.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 12:54 - Apr 29 with 1706 viewsscottishjack

A quick look at the managers that Monk has worked under...

Dave Jones
Glenn Hoddle
Gordon Strachan
Kenny Jackett
Roberto Martinez
Paulo Sousa
Brendan Rodgers
Michael Laudrup...

If memory serves from reading his book, he got on very well with Hoddle, so perhaps if were looking for a mentor type figure, he could be the answer? A part time role so that he can carry on his roles on TV etc. But available to help Garry on his way for a year or two, and somebody with a bit of clout in the game when it comes to transfers etc?

Just a thought...
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 12:55 - Apr 29 with 1697 viewsRogueTrooper

I somehow think that after Laudrup, the last thing the board want is someone who was a big name as a player, with all the complications that brings. Its Monk or Biesla for me, I've always fancied Biesla for us, but Garry has done a good job and the groundwork is already done. They would both suit the board's requirements, purely due to the fact that the work ethic is what they obviously felt was missing under ML

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 12:58 - Apr 29 with 1690 viewsJackSomething

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 12:36 - Apr 29 by Darran

My first choice would be Clement with Garry as number 2 but if Garry gets it he has my undying sport.

Without question Darran, but I feel Warwick is right. I have no problem with Garry getting it if he's the best man for the job once all options have been explored, but it looks like the board have come to this decision without really looking at the alternatives.

The fact nothing has been announced yet, despite our survival being assured, gives me some hope that maybe it's not as decided as many of us thought.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 12:59 - Apr 29 with 1687 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 12:58 - Apr 29 by JackSomething

Without question Darran, but I feel Warwick is right. I have no problem with Garry getting it if he's the best man for the job once all options have been explored, but it looks like the board have come to this decision without really looking at the alternatives.

The fact nothing has been announced yet, despite our survival being assured, gives me some hope that maybe it's not as decided as many of us thought.

I'd at least be sounding out Clement.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:06 - Apr 29 with 1663 viewsicecoldjack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 12:59 - Apr 29 by Darran

I'd at least be sounding out Clement.

I honestly think to get a guy to work alongside Garry will be a problem,especially a guy who is as un proven as a manager as Monk.

I agree with you 100% he would be a good choice but i think any top level guy would want his own people thus cutting out the chance of perhaps being undermined.

Monk will have his ideas and that will be a problem for any outside guy coming in, time will tell but reading garrys book is a good pointer to how he likes to get hands on himself if he feels things aint right .
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:29 - Apr 29 with 1615 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:06 - Apr 29 by icecoldjack

I honestly think to get a guy to work alongside Garry will be a problem,especially a guy who is as un proven as a manager as Monk.

I agree with you 100% he would be a good choice but i think any top level guy would want his own people thus cutting out the chance of perhaps being undermined.

Monk will have his ideas and that will be a problem for any outside guy coming in, time will tell but reading garrys book is a good pointer to how he likes to get hands on himself if he feels things aint right .

Well the board tell Garry he's not getting the gig and he's number two and if he doesn't like it he knows where the door is.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 14:29 - Apr 29 with 1540 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 08:08 - Apr 29 by Bonjour

Canas and Pozuelo are pants and are quite rightly out of the squad.

My main concern with Monk is who is going to want to sign for him.

They are not pants. They are very capable squad players in the Premier League as they have proven.

Pozuelo in particular has excelled at an extremely young age in a brand new country and league, leading the club assists chart despite having not started many games and not having played at all since February.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 14:38 - Apr 29 with 1516 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 14:29 - Apr 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They are not pants. They are very capable squad players in the Premier League as they have proven.

Pozuelo in particular has excelled at an extremely young age in a brand new country and league, leading the club assists chart despite having not started many games and not having played at all since February.

Canas is a good destructive DM and Poz has great potential.
Unless they've been very, very, very, very naughty boys we should keep them both in the squad.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:01 - Apr 29 with 1475 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 14:38 - Apr 29 by WarwickHunt

Canas is a good destructive DM and Poz has great potential.
Unless they've been very, very, very, very naughty boys we should keep them both in the squad.

Aye we might win a couple of games then.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:05 - Apr 29 with 1466 viewsDrizzy

Seriously you'd think Canas was Xavi the way some go on about him. You can get destructive midfielders ten to a penny on the continent. Pozuelo isn't f*cking Iniesta either. He was signed for £600k. He has potential, so what? Nowhere near the finished article at the moment.

If either has kicked up a fuss then get them on the next flight to Spain. Mediocre as f*ck and they've no right to be whinging about anything.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:06 - Apr 29 with 1462 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:01 - Apr 29 by Darran

Aye we might win a couple of games then.

Which part of "squad" are you struggling with, c*ntpipe?
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:10 - Apr 29 with 1448 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:06 - Apr 29 by WarwickHunt

Which part of "squad" are you struggling with, c*ntpipe?

What part of 'not required' aren't you getting you massive f*cking blanket?

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:38 - Apr 29 with 1401 viewsSpratty

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:05 - Apr 29 by Drizzy

Seriously you'd think Canas was Xavi the way some go on about him. You can get destructive midfielders ten to a penny on the continent. Pozuelo isn't f*cking Iniesta either. He was signed for £600k. He has potential, so what? Nowhere near the finished article at the moment.

If either has kicked up a fuss then get them on the next flight to Spain. Mediocre as f*ck and they've no right to be whinging about anything.

So players that kick up a fuss, have no right to be whinging and should be shipped out?

Shame we didn't implement this policy much sooner.

Nowhere near the finished article?

This is a problem for good development prospects but not for our manager - oy vey iz mir
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:46 - Apr 29 with 1385 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Canaas is a headless chicken, he runs around a lot, doesn't tackle much and gives the ball away when he gets it.
Pozuelo has potential, but who are you going to drop to have him playing?
Is he young enough to play Under 21s?

Which is all beside the point, this post is supposed to be about Huw and GM, not how good players are.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:49 - Apr 29 with 1380 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:38 - Apr 29 by Spratty

So players that kick up a fuss, have no right to be whinging and should be shipped out?

This is a problem for good development prospects but not for our manager - oy vey iz mir

All depends what they're whinging about.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:54 - Apr 29 with 1372 viewsDrizzy

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:38 - Apr 29 by Spratty

Can't take you seriously sorry, Sprat. Believe me, nobody will be losing sleep if Canas and Poz were to leave.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:58 - Apr 29 with 1362 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:54 - Apr 29 by Drizzy

Can't take you seriously sorry, Sprat. Believe me, nobody will be losing sleep if Canas and Poz were to leave.

I feel like that too anything that in anyway can put another black mark against Monks name and Sprouttys all over it.
Players get shipped out at clubs all the time.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:00 - Apr 29 with 1356 viewsVetchitBack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:21 - Apr 29 by C_jack

Don't think GM has even scratched the surface of 'manager' yet. Everything is set up for him at the moment, the players, style and philosophy. The real management comes when, inevitably, external factors threaten to change those criteria, and how you either adapt or maintain.

That experience is something that 10 premier league games cannot account for.

"Everything is set up for him at the moment, the players, style and philosophy."

If you hadn't noticed that's pretty much how we do things these days.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:02 - Apr 29 with 1347 viewsVetchitBack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:38 - Apr 29 by WarwickHunt

Amen, brother.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:03 - Apr 29 with 1343 viewslonglostjack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:02 - Apr 29 by exiledinenglandjack

My 2 pence would be to look at bringing a DoF in, can't fault Gary's coaching of the team but i echo the view of his inexperience in the transfer market could hinder us. Frank Arneson who has been previously linked with the role would be the ideal candidate, proven successful in the prem with Chelsea and also at Hamburg i believe where they would have a similar budget to us. Also, experienced in the role of recruitment and recruitment only.

With all due respect Frank Arneson was not a success at Hamburg !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:08 - Apr 29 with 1333 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:02 - Apr 29 by VetchitBack

Pack it in, luv - your husband will be jealous.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:28 - Apr 29 with 1297 viewsC_jack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:00 - Apr 29 by VetchitBack

"Everything is set up for him at the moment, the players, style and philosophy."

If you hadn't noticed that's pretty much how we do things these days.

If you hadn't noticed (I'll assume you did though, but just chose to ignore it), that the other part of my post referred to the time when he'll have to replace/modify the dynamic of the team. Just like Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers and Laudrup all did.

They either built upon it, or they modified it, how, in your opinion, is GM going to either build upon what is already here, or modify it? Or is he just going to squeeze the juice out of it until it's dry?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:31 - Apr 29 with 1291 viewsSpratty

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:54 - Apr 29 by Drizzy

Let me get this straight, you are speaking for the whole fan base?

#delusional
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:33 - Apr 29 with 1283 viewsSpratty

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:49 - Apr 29 by Darran

All depends what they're whinging about.

Or if you are even whinging at all
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024