Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge 07:37 - Apr 29 with 15828 viewsHuw57

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-reflect-Garry-Monk-s-time-c

Fingers crossed for Garry.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:45 - Apr 29 with 1419 viewsmonmouth

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:39 - Apr 29 by Trundle10

By beating 3 weak premier league teams. Cardiff, Norwich Villa, another team on a woeful run of form in Newcastle also losing convincingly to WBA ....... Lets not go over board eh?

Sigh........or for winning against teams and managers we'd never beaten in the premier league and thrashed the scum in one of the most nerve wracking derbies ever...if we'd lost that one as we did under laudrup we could have imploded.

I'm not necessarily overwhelmed by what's happening either, though I'm warming to it, but lets stop being silly about what Monk has done. It's been very good indeed for a complete novice.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 19:46]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:46 - Apr 29 with 1415 viewsOldjack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:39 - Apr 29 by Trundle10

By beating 3 weak premier league teams. Cardiff, Norwich Villa, another team on a woeful run of form in Newcastle also losing convincingly to WBA ....... Lets not go over board eh?

Dear me son you need to look at the bigger picture, three bad second half's and one of the them was due to sickness, lets not dismiss a potentially good manager shall we
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 20:00]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:46 - Apr 29 with 1410 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:44 - Apr 29 by exiledclaseboy

Some would also view us as one of the "weak" Premier League teams and our own run of form this season hasn't exactly been what you'd call "good".

Still surprises me how blasé some seem to be about the teams we should be "expecting" to beat at this level. And that applies regardless of who the manager is. Delusions of grandeur and big time charlie syndrome abound.

Spot on it's our biggest problem.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:47 - Apr 29 with 1408 viewsTrundle10

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:44 - Apr 29 by exiledclaseboy

Some would also view us as one of the "weak" Premier League teams and our own run of form this season hasn't exactly been what you'd call "good".

Still surprises me how blasé some seem to be about the teams we should be "expecting" to beat at this level. And that applies regardless of who the manager is. Delusions of grandeur and big time charlie syndrome abound.

I dunno, everybody is beating Cardiff Norwich Newcastle and Villa at the moment. Its just another alternative viewpoint. Could someone else get more out of this squad? That is the question. Would Laudrup have got similar results? We will never know????
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:48 - Apr 29 with 1401 viewsTrundle10

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:45 - Apr 29 by monmouth

Sigh........or for winning against teams and managers we'd never beaten in the premier league and thrashed the scum in one of the most nerve wracking derbies ever...if we'd lost that one as we did under laudrup we could have imploded.

I'm not necessarily overwhelmed by what's happening either, though I'm warming to it, but lets stop being silly about what Monk has done. It's been very good indeed for a complete novice.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 19:46]

I agree with all of that, just playing devils advocate.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:49 - Apr 29 with 1396 viewsexiledclaseboy

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:47 - Apr 29 by Trundle10

I dunno, everybody is beating Cardiff Norwich Newcastle and Villa at the moment. Its just another alternative viewpoint. Could someone else get more out of this squad? That is the question. Would Laudrup have got similar results? We will never know????

Exactly. We will never know. I'm not over-enamoured with the thought of Monk having the job permanently but if it happens it happens. I don't see why someone would belittle the decent (not brilliant or outstanding) work he's done in the past four months though, especially given that he was thrown in at the deep end with no managerial or coaching experience.

Poll: Tory leader

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:51 - Apr 29 with 1387 viewsTrundle10

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:46 - Apr 29 by Oldjack

Dear me son you need to look at the bigger picture, three bad second half's and one of the them was due to sickness, lets not dismiss a potentially good manager shall we
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 20:00]

I'm not your son
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:55 - Apr 29 with 1373 viewsTrundle10

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:49 - Apr 29 by exiledclaseboy

Exactly. We will never know. I'm not over-enamoured with the thought of Monk having the job permanently but if it happens it happens. I don't see why someone would belittle the decent (not brilliant or outstanding) work he's done in the past four months though, especially given that he was thrown in at the deep end with no managerial or coaching experience.

I agree with all of this too, just giving an alternative view. Monk has done ok but has not pulled up tree's. Do we gamble by making him mangaer next season. I would prefer we didnt but if we do then i am behind him. I have warmed to it a little too.

My reply was more toward people stating they would be "well happy" or "fingers crossed for Monk" etc
Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:55 - Apr 29 with 1368 viewsOldjack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:51 - Apr 29 by Trundle10

I'm not your son

than fuk for that !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:58 - Apr 29 with 1356 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:55 - Apr 29 by Oldjack

than fuk for that !

Could be your great grandson.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:02 - Apr 29 with 1346 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 19:49 - Apr 29 by exiledclaseboy

I don't think there's been much, if any, belittling, more an attempt to get some perpsective and balance some of the sillier posts on here.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:05 - Apr 29 with 1337 viewsOldjack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:02 - Apr 29 by WarwickHunt

I don't think there's been much, if any, belittling, more an attempt to get some perpsective and balance some of the sillier posts on here.

this is silly Quote

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:06 - Apr 29 with 1334 viewsexiledclaseboy

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:02 - Apr 29 by WarwickHunt

I was responding directly to Trundle10's post, which did exactly that. He was playing devil's advocate, I responded to his devil's advocacy.

To be honest, there's been plenty of nonsense spoken on both "sides" since Monk's appointment and since. There's been very little balance to be found in the heat of what was for a while a bit of a relegation fight. Some, for example, have refused to give Monk any credit whatsoever for anything he's done since he took over.

No names of course, Warwick.

Poll: Tory leader

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:10 - Apr 29 with 1326 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:06 - Apr 29 by exiledclaseboy

I was responding directly to Trundle10's post, which did exactly that. He was playing devil's advocate, I responded to his devil's advocacy.

To be honest, there's been plenty of nonsense spoken on both "sides" since Monk's appointment and since. There's been very little balance to be found in the heat of what was for a while a bit of a relegation fight. Some, for example, have refused to give Monk any credit whatsoever for anything he's done since he took over.

No names of course, Warwick.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:12 - Apr 29 with 1323 viewsJackfath

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:07 - Apr 29 by Cooperman

The only nagging doubt I have about Monk, and this is fading fast, is his ability to attract a higher calibre player to the club.

If it comes down to a keep -v- not keep decision from me then its 'keep'.

I agree with this.

I think he's great however his ability to attract players in from afar needs to be questioned. What about the scouting network, contacts etc. What the score on this front?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:14 - Apr 29 with 1316 viewsTrundle10

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:12 - Apr 29 by Jackfath

I agree with this.

I think he's great however his ability to attract players in from afar needs to be questioned. What about the scouting network, contacts etc. What the score on this front?

Spot on.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:17 - Apr 29 with 1309 viewsOldjack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:12 - Apr 29 by Jackfath

I agree with this.

If we hang onto what we've already got i'm sure Monks will get us that 40 golden points ,strengthen ? maybe more

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:24 - Apr 29 with 1287 viewsTrundle10

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:17 - Apr 29 by Oldjack

If we hang onto what we've already got i'm sure Monks will get us that 40 golden points ,strengthen ? maybe more

The fear for me is that he might be good working with "the boys" but would players come here for him? What about scouting etc. I think he done well in a "lets all muck in scenario" not sure about headman going into a new season. If he had been chucked in at Spurs or Palace for example, would he have done well there. not so sure. some of his substitutions have been baffling.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 20:25]
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:26 - Apr 29 with 1279 viewsFar_Post

Whoever is appointed manager is hardly going to attract superstar names to little old Swansea City anyway. Especially working to the financial constraints of the board.

Monk has done all that has been asked of him and kept us in the PL. I say give him a shot.

Blog: The C Word

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:33 - Apr 29 with 1267 viewsOldjack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:24 - Apr 29 by Trundle10

The fear for me is that he might be good working with "the boys" but would players come here for him? What about scouting etc. I think he done well in a "lets all muck in scenario" not sure about headman going into a new season. If he had been chucked in at Spurs or Palace for example, would he have done well there. not so sure. some of his substitutions have been baffling.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 20:25]

Quote, some of his substitutions have been baffling. Like Marvellous Marvin you mean ,? as for talent coming here we'll all have to wait and see .A new boss is alawys a gamble ,crystal balls that's what's needed here

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:39 - Apr 29 with 1248 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:17 - Apr 29 by Oldjack

40? It was 38 last week.

West Ham were relegated with 42 points.

Dull as f*ck.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:40 - Apr 29 with 1246 viewsTrundle10

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:33 - Apr 29 by Oldjack

Quote, some of his substitutions have been baffling. Like Marvellous Marvin you mean ,? as for talent coming here we'll all have to wait and see .A new boss is alawys a gamble ,crystal balls that's what's needed here

Lita, Vazquez and Ngog were taking it in turns at one stage.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:47 - Apr 29 with 1216 viewsDafyddHuw

Fùck all this should-we/well-maybe-we-should-but-what's-his-man-management-like shït.

Just get the chequebook out Huw & go get Marcelo Bielsa. You know it makes sense.

Then sit back and be pleased with yourself that you did the right thing as you watch us become even better.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:52 - Apr 29 with 1208 viewsJonnyTheJack

All this talk of Monk not being able to attract players makes me laugh.
He may not have players saying they loved watching him as a player like Laudrup, although nearly every one of our signings under him were barely 5 years old when he was in his prime but we're a good club who plays good football and have a decent enough reputation. If we're signing players from abroad they won't care who they play for as long as they're in the premier league they're sorted. A
I'm warming to him being our Manager now. There's been some great signs as well as some mistakes but that was expected.
We have bigger problems on the playing side of things and who's going and coming in. The squad needs shaking up with a couple of bad eggs needing to leave.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:53 - Apr 29 with 1205 viewsOldjack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 20:39 - Apr 29 by WarwickHunt

40? It was 38 last week.

West Ham were relegated with 42 points.

Dull as f*ck.

Now don't be a duller t!at than normal ffs mun you know damn well he'll keep us safe

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024