Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge 07:37 - Apr 29 with 15957 viewsHuw57

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-reflect-Garry-Monk-s-time-c

Fingers crossed for Garry.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:41 - Apr 30 with 1266 viewsDrizzy

Inside joke but good to see you're on the ball, boys.

Rayns will know what I'm on about.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:42 - Apr 30 with 1263 viewsDrizzy

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:41 - Apr 30 by JackSomething

I have a feeling that Drizzy is highlighting something another poster got wrong about Pochettino when Southampton appointed him.

Am I right Drizzy?

You'll go far you will.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:43 - Apr 30 with 1255 viewsJACKARSE

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:37 - Apr 30 by C_jack

Apart from the 3 years at Espanyol, of course.

He would suit us ....

Pochettino favours a very high pressing attacking style of football. He favours usually a 4-2-3-1 formation. While doing so, he emphasizes his teams to build pressure from the back, intimidate and unsettle opponents easily.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:46 - Apr 30 with 1232 viewsItchySphincter

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:35 - Apr 30 by Drizzy

Remarkable how good a manager he is given that Southampton was his first managerial position.

Oops.

What Monk has significantly in his favour is the mutual respect between him and the Chairman. Not saying it's an overwhelming qualification but if he is the man then whatever Huw and Garry decide between then will be done with the best interests of the club at heart, something missing under the previous regime.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:46 - Apr 30 with 1232 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:43 - Apr 30 by JACKARSE

He would suit us ....

Pochettino favours a very high pressing attacking style of football. He favours usually a 4-2-3-1 formation. While doing so, he emphasizes his teams to build pressure from the back, intimidate and unsettle opponents easily.

Spurs.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:46 - Apr 30 with 1230 viewsDrizzy

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:46 - Apr 30 by ItchySphincter

Oops.

What Monk has significantly in his favour is the mutual respect between him and the Chairman. Not saying it's an overwhelming qualification but if he is the man then whatever Huw and Garry decide between then will be done with the best interests of the club at heart, something missing under the previous regime.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:48 - Apr 30 with 1224 viewsperchrockjack

See what happens why I stay out of threads.Feckn mayhem ity is with PROSS casting aspertions on people s level of support for our club and telling them to support another.

In the annals of support of our club there is only one who is pre-eminent and 100% honest and that is Darran Prosser. A man never wrong, always right and in fact the John the Baptist of our board.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:52 - Apr 30 with 1212 viewsLord_Bony

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:48 - Apr 30 by perchrockjack

See what happens why I stay out of threads.Feckn mayhem ity is with PROSS casting aspertions on people s level of support for our club and telling them to support another.

In the annals of support of our club there is only one who is pre-eminent and 100% honest and that is Darran Prosser. A man never wrong, always right and in fact the John the Baptist of our board.

I think he would agree with that one...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:52 - Apr 30 with 1208 viewsItchySphincter

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:46 - Apr 30 by Drizzy

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:53 - Apr 30 with 1203 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:48 - Apr 30 by perchrockjack

The biggest problem in your 11 years of talking complete and utter shite on here is that you cannot accept the truth and you can never be wrong and when someone proves you to be wrong you take the hump.

Out of curiosity who are you with then Michael Laudrup or Swansea City?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:55 - Apr 30 with 1197 viewsJACKARSE

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:46 - Apr 30 by ItchySphincter

Oops.

All well and good and I'm sure they will have the best interests at heart but my fear is it is the easy option and misses the bigger picture. It could all get too cosy, Ash endorsing Monk for manager, Monk appointed manager, Ash gets a new 5 year deal ...... I think we need a fresh approach but can't see it happening. GM is one for the future IMO
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:00 - Apr 30 with 1183 viewsItchySphincter

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:55 - Apr 30 by JACKARSE

All well and good and I'm sure they will have the best interests at heart but my fear is it is the easy option and misses the bigger picture. It could all get too cosy, Ash endorsing Monk for manager, Monk appointed manager, Ash gets a new 5 year deal ...... I think we need a fresh approach but can't see it happening. GM is one for the future IMO

Maybe, trying to keep an open mind here and, in the unlikely event Monk does get it I want to give him a fair crack. Many had doubts about Martinez, more about Rodgers. Attracting players won't be a problem, keeping our better ones if things go tits up might.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:07 - Apr 30 with 1159 viewsJACKARSE

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:00 - Apr 30 by ItchySphincter

Maybe, trying to keep an open mind here and, in the unlikely event Monk does get it I want to give him a fair crack. Many had doubts about Martinez, more about Rodgers. Attracting players won't be a problem, keeping our better ones if things go tits up might.

Don't get me wrong if GM is appointed then SCFC get my full support. IMO it would not be my choice and would be a risky one. If we can get a new man in to add to what we have, give a fresh approach, and GM can remain as a positive part of the 'team' then that would get my vote.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:09 - Apr 30 with 1147 viewsperchrockjack

It has been 11 years and much has happened in our lives.
We re still supporting our club in our different ways.
Talking shite? No doubt.All the time-no Sir.

What is constant is your interfering in threads .That is a fact.
Its been said every week in those 11 years and yet youre the same and good luck to you.

Whatyou have to understand (you wont) is that the vast majority of our fans base have nowt to do with this board mainly because of people like you who think they own it. You ve got with an awful lot over the years lets face it and like me you've posted things you should not have and regretted doing so. I m not afraid to admit being wrong. Get the ump-absolutely no question about it but so feck what. It doesn't give you the right to pontificate as you do. When I left the site to go to the other one you followed me instantly and then got banned .Fathy also suffered the same fate. That was because they wouldn't put up with your constant digging at people. I stay on this site mainly because they are good people/posters on here as opposed to that other one which is a little claustrophobic.

You need to take a step back and analyse what you post. Its not easy I know but try it.

Note that I have little in common. I HATED laudrup s demeanour and glad he went albeit to late.

So there, that ll give you something to have a go at.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:14 - Apr 30 with 1137 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:09 - Apr 30 by perchrockjack

It has been 11 years and much has happened in our lives.
We re still supporting our club in our different ways.
Talking shite? No doubt.All the time-no Sir.

What is constant is your interfering in threads .That is a fact.
Its been said every week in those 11 years and yet youre the same and good luck to you.

Whatyou have to understand (you wont) is that the vast majority of our fans base have nowt to do with this board mainly because of people like you who think they own it. You ve got with an awful lot over the years lets face it and like me you've posted things you should not have and regretted doing so. I m not afraid to admit being wrong. Get the ump-absolutely no question about it but so feck what. It doesn't give you the right to pontificate as you do. When I left the site to go to the other one you followed me instantly and then got banned .Fathy also suffered the same fate. That was because they wouldn't put up with your constant digging at people. I stay on this site mainly because they are good people/posters on here as opposed to that other one which is a little claustrophobic.

You need to take a step back and analyse what you post. Its not easy I know but try it.

Note that I have little in common. I HATED laudrup s demeanour and glad he went albeit to late.

So there, that ll give you something to have a go at.

I could have sworn you mentioned me,why don't you take a step back and stop mentioning me like some kind of freak then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:17 - Apr 30 with 1118 viewsperchrockjack

You cracked your croissants ?.
Slice them first before warming in microwave.
wayne will help as he s an expert of splitting pastries in two with his bare hands

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:30 - Apr 30 with 1093 viewsepaul

http://www.ftbpro.com/reader/swansea/901308/swansea-close-to-appointing-new-mana

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 12:27 - Apr 30 with 1031 viewsshandyjack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 11:07 - Apr 30 by JACKARSE

Don't get me wrong if GM is appointed then SCFC get my full support. IMO it would not be my choice and would be a risky one. If we can get a new man in to add to what we have, give a fresh approach, and GM can remain as a positive part of the 'team' then that would get my vote.

this in every way
[Post edited 30 Apr 2014 12:29]

Poll: Expectation for the season

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:05 - Apr 30 with 987 viewsSpratty

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 09:41 - Apr 30 by JackSomething

It's easy to pick one game and make a case. For example:

Did you see the form of Cardiff when we played them away? 1 win in 8 games before we played them (against Fulham) and another 5 games after until they won again. Abysmal.

So what's your excuse for that one?

Here we go dragging it back to Laudrup again - I think you miss the point.

I was responding to a post that was calling supporters names and saying they had delusions of grandeur because they were suggesting we would hope/expect to win against teams in poor form / poor positions - or both (West Brom being a massive example because their form was truely horrendous).

Cardiff were in no where near as bad form as West Brom even when we beat them. Cardiff's form when we lost to them was a lot better that Newcastle's form when we beat them (and I never even referred to that as abysmal). So to call Cardiff's form when we lost to them abysmal we would have to call our form when we went a record 9 games without a win as totally abysmal which I certainly never would.

However that is totally besides the point. People were expecting us to win at Cardiff and we did not. Whilst I think it is easy to lose any single game I did not think there was anything wrong in supporters expecting us to win that game and being disappointed when we did not. It was a poor result. Of course Michu sustained his injury just after the start of the second half, but that is also besides the point and not an excuse for losing that game, just one of the many ongoing injuries that we were to suffer.

The 1st Cardiff Swans match in PL was a very emotive game, so whilst being disappointed at losing a game we should have won, it's loss was felt and remembered by some beyond it's true perspective. Unfortunate that should be probably the only PL game we lost under ML where a win would be hoped for and expected.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:07 - Apr 30 with 991 viewsraynor94

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 10:41 - Apr 30 by Drizzy

Inside joke but good to see you're on the ball, boys.

Rayns will know what I'm on about.

And to think I ever trusted the moose

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:11 - Apr 30 with 985 viewsjackforever

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 12:27 - Apr 30 by shandyjack

this in every way
[Post edited 30 Apr 2014 12:29]

surely every appointment is a risk. A foreign coach with no experience of english football and a massive ego is a risk. A guy sacked by reading is a risk, a spaniard with no managerial experience is a risk, a double champions league winner is a risk.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:14 - Apr 30 with 976 viewsshandyjack

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:11 - Apr 30 by jackforever

surely every appointment is a risk. A foreign coach with no experience of english football and a massive ego is a risk. A guy sacked by reading is a risk, a spaniard with no managerial experience is a risk, a double champions league winner is a risk.

agreed any manager is a risk. I just feel with Monk's lack of experience in the transfer market it will be too big a risk. Martinez and Rodgers were risks worth taking because we weren't in the PL, where the costs of failure is a lot more than it was when they were brought in to manage.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:34 - Apr 30 with 945 viewssully49

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:41 - Apr 29 by Dr_Winston

Me too.

Still think he shouldn't though.

Garry Monk will be a fantastic manager of that there can be no doubt. This season has been definitive for us and I for one felt uncomfortable at the experience.
Perhaps whoever comes in, always assuming Garry doesn't keep the job, would probably bring his own staff with him.
A few years really learning his trade will serve his career well, then, we the class of 2014/2014 will see him return home in the future.
What ever the future holds for him, EVERYONE, who love this club, should stay behind after Saturdays win over Southampton and show him the heartfelt appreciation not just for stepping up to help his club when they needed him, but also for his playing career to this club.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:39 - Apr 30 with 939 viewssomersetsimon

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:14 - Apr 30 by shandyjack

agreed any manager is a risk. I just feel with Monk's lack of experience in the transfer market it will be too big a risk. Martinez and Rodgers were risks worth taking because we weren't in the PL, where the costs of failure is a lot more than it was when they were brought in to manage.

I guess it depends on where we think we are going to find our new signings. I agree that Monk might not have the scouting network to find and attract foreign players who might not know anything about him or Swansea, but I expect he'd be perfectly capable of attracting any UK-based player that we could realistically sign.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 14:09 - Apr 30 with 904 viewsJackSomething

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:05 - Apr 30 by Spratty

Here we go dragging it back to Laudrup again - I think you miss the point.

I was responding to a post that was calling supporters names and saying they had delusions of grandeur because they were suggesting we would hope/expect to win against teams in poor form / poor positions - or both (West Brom being a massive example because their form was truely horrendous).

Cardiff were in no where near as bad form as West Brom even when we beat them. Cardiff's form when we lost to them was a lot better that Newcastle's form when we beat them (and I never even referred to that as abysmal). So to call Cardiff's form when we lost to them abysmal we would have to call our form when we went a record 9 games without a win as totally abysmal which I certainly never would.

However that is totally besides the point. People were expecting us to win at Cardiff and we did not. Whilst I think it is easy to lose any single game I did not think there was anything wrong in supporters expecting us to win that game and being disappointed when we did not. It was a poor result. Of course Michu sustained his injury just after the start of the second half, but that is also besides the point and not an excuse for losing that game, just one of the many ongoing injuries that we were to suffer.

The 1st Cardiff Swans match in PL was a very emotive game, so whilst being disappointed at losing a game we should have won, it's loss was felt and remembered by some beyond it's true perspective. Unfortunate that should be probably the only PL game we lost under ML where a win would be hoped for and expected.

Yes Spratty, it's others dragging it back to Laudrup, nothing to do with you.

Cardiff was the only match we expected to win under Laudrup that we didn't? That's a very poor effort Spratty.

By the by, Cardiff's form coming into our game was:

Played 9, won 2, drew 3, lost 4. They went on to take 5 points from the next 6 games.

West Brom's previous 9 games contained 1 win, 4 draws, 4 defeats. They went on to take 8 points from their next 6 games to date.

So the teams came into their respective games with us on exactly the same number of points from the previous 9 games and West Brom went on to win 3 points more from their next 6.

So were Cardiff really in such bad form compared to West Brom?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024