Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Comedian 10:05 - Jun 4 with 51395 viewspaulparker

So last night after coming home from a gruelling hours 6 a side game
I come home to find Mrs P and daughter watching the Miranda box set !!!??? WTF
how many times can you find a fat woman with a stupid haircut falling over funny
anyway this got me thinking of the worst comedian and how bad comedy is now

so top 3 worst comics at the moment

Miranda Hart
Sarah F ucking Milligan
David Williams - yes we know your camp it aint funny so feck off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst Comedian on 14:59 - Jun 6 with 4285 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst Comedian on 14:46 - Jun 6 by Discodroid

i love him!!

Ah, Disco, my friend on the right!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Comedian on 15:50 - Jun 6 with 4261 viewsTonto

Worst Comedian on 14:59 - Jun 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah, Disco, my friend on the right!

Its funny (pun only vaguely intended), but I quite like a number of the comdians mentioned to date...

I dont like Jo Brand or Staphen K Amos personally...

Dont find Noel Fielding funny either, but thats just a "not my sort of humour" rather than a "they're just not funny" thing...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Worst Comedian on 16:12 - Jun 6 with 4255 viewsShotKneesHoop

Here's a GOOD ONE. John Shuttleworth anyone? (Graham Fellows in real life)

From the north, but very funny and clever, got his material from demo tapes sent to him when he was working for a music agent.

Modelled the Shuttleworth character, his Yamaha organ, and Pigeons In Flight theme tune, - (plus his agent Ken) on people he saw around him at work.

Real people are often better source of comic material than anything imagined. Yer couldn't make it up.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2014 16:13]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Worst Comedian on 16:17 - Jun 6 with 4242 viewsTheBlob

Keith Allen

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Worst Comedian on 17:04 - Jun 6 with 4197 viewsstevec

Worst Comedian on 14:42 - Jun 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Jim Davidon. Smug, sexist, right-wing, racist and completely unfunny*. Despicable.

*But otherwise fine.

Jim Davidson. Smug, sexist, right-wing, racist and completely unfunny*

Frankie Boyle. Smug, sexist, LEFT-wing, racist and completely funny.

....Discuss.
Worst Comedian on 17:08 - Jun 6 with 4193 viewsDiscodroid

Worst Comedian on 16:12 - Jun 6 by ShotKneesHoop

From the north, but very funny and clever, got his material from demo tapes sent to him when he was working for a music agent.

Modelled the Shuttleworth character, his Yamaha organ, and Pigeons In Flight theme tune, - (plus his agent Ken) on people he saw around him at work.

Real people are often better source of comic material than anything imagined. Yer couldn't make it up.

shotknees, a superb choice..brilliant

i think he used to be in the band that sung gordon is a moron as well, jilted john??

frank sidebottom??

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Worst Comedian on 19:43 - Jun 6 with 4159 viewsFredManRave

Worst Comedian on 17:08 - Jun 6 by Discodroid

i think he used to be in the band that sung gordon is a moron as well, jilted john??

frank sidebottom??

Frank Sidebottom. Excellent. In a worst comedian kind of way.

Also, maybe not the worst but a shout out to the surprisingly unmentioned so far Russ "C U Jimmy" Abbott.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Worst Comedian on 21:23 - Jun 6 with 4134 viewskarl

Bought a house on a small island in Orkney (Rousay pop. circa 200, Will Self had one there too) and was building a recording studio etc. Not sure if he's still here tbh

We used to go and see The Krankies every summer as kids, Fandabi Dosi!!
Speaking of Northern comedians me and DistortR went to see Les Dawson as teenagers and I had to translate for him and his mum. I laughed anyway
Login to get fewer ads

Worst Comedian on 21:37 - Jun 6 with 4122 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst Comedian on 17:04 - Jun 6 by stevec

....Discuss.

Agree completely!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Comedian on 21:40 - Jun 6 with 4118 viewsPommyhoop

....Discuss.

That vid of Stewart Lee that E17hoop put up summed up Jim Davidson.
'He's not a performer who is troubled by the possibility of duality of meaning'

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Worst Comedian on 21:50 - Jun 6 with 4109 viewsbatmanhoop

Worst Comedian on 14:48 - Jun 6 by TacticalR

my mum served in the NAAFI during the war when Arthur Askey done a turn. Apparently he was lucky he didn't get lynched
Worst Comedian on 22:17 - Jun 6 with 4092 viewsPommyhoop

The Fast Show was brilliant. Superb writing.Remember the Xmas special with the really sad monologue from Rowley Birkin QC and I think Ted's wife died too.
Even the lesser known characters were brilliant.'Hardest game in the world' fella and Competitive Dad..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Worst Comedian on 22:21 - Jun 6 with 4083 viewsJigsore

....Discuss.

mmm well i've read some of Frankie's books and I certainly wouldn't say he is racist or sexist (maybe a bit smug). The bloke knows what he's on about, although it's the only book i've ever read thats made me half laugh half gasp in a kind of shock horror. "Did he really just write that?". It was great.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Worst Comedian on 08:12 - Jun 7 with 4032 viewsFearless

Anyone mentioned that Cornish "comedian" Jethro?
Worst Comedian on 10:09 - Jun 7 with 4006 viewsMonahoop

Worst Comedian on 08:12 - Jun 7 by Fearless

Anyone mentioned that Cornish "comedian" Jethro?

Yeah. I did.
Had the great misfortune of seeing him over 20 years ago in Devon while touring on a motorbike in that neck of the woods. My mate was a great fan of his and unknown to me got tickets to see him while we were there. I'd heard tapes of his beforehand and was totally unimpressed. The show was a no show in my opinion. A great big awkward hairy Cornish lummox. A west country version of Roy Chubby Brown. Every other word was an expletive 'feerk this, cueernt that' all said with his tongue seemingly hanging out. Hated him.Felt sorry for my mate who wasted money to see that idiot.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Worst Comedian on 09:38 - Jun 11 with 3948 viewsDiscodroid

MARCUS BRIGSTOCKE .

“If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.”
it wasnt funny then
and it wasnt funny when i heard some witless amoeba assasin repeat it on the train rthis morning , some 15 years after you first said it.
utter 'right on , down with the kids , when im fat and forty , listenind to travis ' shit

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Worst Comedian on 16:35 - Jun 11 with 3896 viewsloftboy

Worst Comedian on 14:50 - Jun 6 by wombat

me as well still cant belive the crankies were into wife swapping feel sick jus thinking about it

In 1985 when I was 18 I was on a lads holiday to Devon, we went in a nightclub in Torquay which had a VIP lounge, on the way out the krankies walked out of it, was quite funny seeing them run up the road as a load of pissed blokes shouted out "fandabbydozy"

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Worst Comedian on 18:13 - Jun 11 with 3872 viewsShotKneesHoop

Worst Comedian on 17:08 - Jun 6 by Discodroid

frank sidebottom??

Correct. Glad to know you agree with my judgement and taste.

Presume you also believe that SWP is total garbage - both as a footballer - and as a comedian.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2014 18:15]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Worst Comedian on 20:20 - Jun 11 with 3850 viewsTearsOfaClown

"Real people are often better source of comic material than anything imagined"

Yep - that sums you up.

Remember your own billing - "I'm the funniest person I have ever met!"

But this post is for the worst comedian and you are posting the best . . .
Worst Comedian on 23:31 - Jun 11 with 3750 viewseastside_r

Worst Comedian on 22:21 - Jun 6 by Jigsore

mmm well i've read some of Frankie's books and I certainly wouldn't say he is racist or sexist (maybe a bit smug). The bloke knows what he's on about, although it's the only book i've ever read thats made me half laugh half gasp in a kind of shock horror. "Did he really just write that?". It was great.

This.

I think you have to spend some significant time in Glasgow and / or with Glaswegians to appreciate how dark their humour is.

Frankie Boyle is definitely part of this heritage but has his own take on things.

The sit down bits of Mock the Week are (quelle surprise) largely scripted but the stand up bits aren't. If you want to see how god FB is, look at his peers' reaction to the stand-up material. (Available on Dave, ad nauseum.)

Definitely not a racist.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2014 23:32]
Worst Comedian on 01:22 - Jun 12 with 3708 viewstimcocking

Worst Comedian on 10:41 - Jun 4 by ozexile

Robin Williams. Never raised a smile to anything he's ever done.

He genuinely isnt humourous whatsoever. Just talks crap fast.

Russ Abbott was usually found wanting.
Worst Comedian on 14:00 - Aug 22 with 2867 viewsBluce_Ree

Did we get to 8 pages without mentioning the WORST OF ALL TIME?

Noel Fielding. Absolute fking shite. In the worst way.

He's got no jokes. He just combines things together and that's his punchline.

I set up a Twitter bot a while back (it stopped working when Elon took over) which demonstrated his whole act.

https://twitter.com/noelfieldingbot

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Worst Comedian on 14:10 - Aug 22 with 2812 viewscolinallcars

I despair at modern humour.
I read this morning that the funniest joke at this year's Edinburgh Festival was voted:
“ I dated a zookeeper, but he turned out to be a cheetah”
Yeah, roll over Chic Murray, Tony Hancock et al.
Worst Comedian on 14:16 - Aug 22 with 2764 viewsRs_Holy

Worst Comedian on 14:00 - Aug 22 by Bluce_Ree

Did we get to 8 pages without mentioning the WORST OF ALL TIME?

Noel Fielding. Absolute fking shite. In the worst way.

He's got no jokes. He just combines things together and that's his punchline.

I set up a Twitter bot a while back (it stopped working when Elon took over) which demonstrated his whole act.

https://twitter.com/noelfieldingbot

Oh yeah, Fielding is just a not funny in any way... Kind of looks like he should be, but just isn't.
I saw him on the box briefly whilst channel hopping the other night and thought exactly the same as you.

seems to have stolen a living by appearing on all those programmes like 8 out of 10 cats/Never Mind the Buzzcocks (Why did you bother bringing that one back Sky???).
And then appears randomly as a regular on Bake Off ... when I'm sure he knows absolutely nothing about baking (bizarre!).

The comedy equivalent of Tyler Roberts
Worst Comedian on 14:39 - Aug 22 with 2637 viewsQPRSteve

Tom Allen. Not at all funny.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024