Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Comedian 10:05 - Jun 4 with 47985 viewspaulparker

So last night after coming home from a gruelling hours 6 a side game
I come home to find Mrs P and daughter watching the Miranda box set !!!??? WTF
how many times can you find a fat woman with a stupid haircut falling over funny
anyway this got me thinking of the worst comedian and how bad comedy is now

so top 3 worst comics at the moment

Miranda Hart
Sarah F ucking Milligan
David Williams - yes we know your camp it aint funny so feck off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst Comedian on 17:42 - Jun 5 with 3738 viewsToast_R

Sarah Silverman, now there is a female comedian I think is funny. The Sarah Silverman Program on Comedy Central used to crack me up.

Used to like to combo's of Newman & Baddiel and Punt & Dennis in TMWE.

Worst I'll have to go with mainly the ones the BBC go mad to promote like John Bishop, Miranda Hart and Macintyre. Stephen Amos was also very disappointing when given a show.

Lee Nelson I think is pretty funny, very quick and on the money with his stereotypical characters.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2014 17:42]
Worst Comedian on 19:21 - Jun 5 with 3699 viewsmichael67

Nearly everyone of The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club.

Now who remembers that programme?

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Worst Comedian on 21:20 - Jun 5 with 3638 viewsMonahoop

Worst Comedian on 19:21 - Jun 5 by michael67

Nearly everyone of The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club.

Now who remembers that programme?

Me unfortunately.

What about the Crankies? Man,I feel really bad bringing this up.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Worst Comedian on 21:28 - Jun 5 with 3632 viewsTacticalR

Worst Comedian on 07:12 - Jun 5 by ShotKneesHoop

It's the script writers that have gone AWOL, more than the actors.

No-one around these days with the calibre of Simpson and Galton, Le Frenais and Clement, Marty Feldman, Barry Took, Milllegan, Barry Cryer, Cleese etc.

Listen to "Round The Horne" on Radio 4 Extra to hear what great scripts were around in the 60's, top was "Julian and Sandy" . Their Bono sketches were hilarious and they got away with camp double entrendres that the BBC thought were completely innocent.

Only Steve Delaney with the Count comes close to this lot.

Bona, surely? But bold, very bold.

Air hostess clique

Worst Comedian on 21:41 - Jun 5 with 3617 viewsShotKneesHoop

Worst Comedian on 21:28 - Jun 5 by TacticalR

Bona, surely? But bold, very bold.

It was Bona, or maybe even Boner - but you're right. Soddit, that's predictive spelling for you. They get your lallies out when you aren't looking.

Still as bold now as in the early sixties.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2014 21:41]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Worst Comedian on 21:42 - Jun 5 with 3611 viewsShotKneesHoop

Worst Comedian on 21:20 - Jun 5 by Monahoop

Me unfortunately.

What about the Crankies? Man,I feel really bad bringing this up.

As unfunny as Jimmy Clitheroe.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Worst Comedian on 21:51 - Jun 5 with 3604 viewsPunteR

That bearded bloke that's on 8 out of 10 cats the countdown special's, matt Lukas, David Walliams. And the goofy gay bloke that's got his own chat show.

Fast show
Big Train
Harry Enfield and chums
Fawlty towers
Monty python
Spaced.
Mighty Boosh (first series,the rest are cack).All great shows,shame they don't make them like that anymore.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Worst Comedian on 22:01 - Jun 5 with 3599 viewsTacticalR

Worst Comedian on 21:55 - Jun 4 by Monahoop

Christ! Forgot about the Winters Bros. Yes they were the pits. Going back further in time , I could never get Tony Hancock. My parents thought him hilarious and could never understand why I didn't find him funny. Admittedly the old man thought his stand up routines rubbish, especially when he went down the route of writing his own material. His side kick Sid James was very funny though.

Best comedian for me, Spike Milligan, even funny when he was trying not to be. Now that is comic genius.

Perhaps the difficult thing to swallow with Hancock was the sadness of a character who had 'aspirations' but was trapped and frustrated by his situation. Galton and Simpson did the same thing again with that well-known denizen of Shepherd's Bush, Harold Steptoe.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Comedian on 22:14 - Jun 5 with 3582 viewsMonahoop

Worst Comedian on 21:42 - Jun 5 by ShotKneesHoop

As unfunny as Jimmy Clitheroe.

Sunday lunchtimes were a nightmare in our house in the 60's. The old folks always had the radio [they called it the wireless] on and guess what was on ...the bloody Clitheroe Kid. Thanks for bringing that one up ShotKnees.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Worst Comedian on 00:51 - Jun 6 with 3530 viewsSydneyRs

The Grumbleweeds.

My God the north has a lot to answer for.
Worst Comedian on 05:45 - Jun 6 with 3512 viewsShotKneesHoop

Worst Comedian on 21:41 - Jun 5 by ShotKneesHoop

It was Bona, or maybe even Boner - but you're right. Soddit, that's predictive spelling for you. They get your lallies out when you aren't looking.

Still as bold now as in the early sixties.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2014 21:41]

Good example of Jules and Sandy off Wikipedia below:

The sketches also often had Horne drawing out of Julian and Sandy more about their personal lives than Horne was seeking, as the two would misunderstand his meaning. In one sketch, discussing Julian and Sandy's time out travelling the world aboard ship, Sandy reveals Julian was swept overboard in a storm:

HORNE: But did you manage to drag yourself up on deck?
JULIAN: Ooh, no, we dressed quite casual...
A recurring comedic theme of the series was Sandy (Williams) archly disclosing, or drawing out, a hinted-at salacious detail from Julian's (Paddick) past. Apparently Julian had had an "experience up the Acropolis" and a tale about "Bognor" had apparently been divulged by Julian after he had "been at the gin". There would then always be an anguished complaint from Julian of "You traitor - you swore you'd never tell!", before Sandy would prompt him to explain all by imploring him to "Go on - purge yourself!" On a rare occasion Julian turned the tables on Sandy, and after bellowing the "purge yourself!" line, he then ad-libbed "I've been dying to say that for years!"

Still funnier than Brand, McIntyre and the other modern also rans.

Worst Comedian on 08:49 - Jun 6 with 3458 viewsPommyhoop

Worst Comedian on 22:01 - Jun 5 by TacticalR

Perhaps the difficult thing to swallow with Hancock was the sadness of a character who had 'aspirations' but was trapped and frustrated by his situation. Galton and Simpson did the same thing again with that well-known denizen of Shepherd's Bush, Harold Steptoe.

Peter Sellers was another in a long list of comedians who suffered with depression.
Watched 'The Life and Death of Peter Sellers' a few weeks ago.. Good film
Has anyone watched that film where he was nominated for an Oscar? Being There.. I had'nt heard of it till I watched the life and death film..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Worst Comedian on 08:59 - Jun 6 with 3452 viewsTheBlob

Worst Comedian on 08:49 - Jun 6 by Pommyhoop

Peter Sellers was another in a long list of comedians who suffered with depression.
Has anyone watched that film where he was nominated for an Oscar? Being There.. I had'nt heard of it till I watched the life and death film..

Incredible talent he was,he'd often do these sketches in one take slipping from one voice to another - not this one though.Slightly dated but accurate view of art critic pseuds.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Worst Comedian on 09:16 - Jun 6 with 3440 viewsade_qpr

Being There is a subtle comedy slightly slow but I enjoyed it. Far cry from The Goons shows (some great stuff in there) for example but worth a watch.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Worst Comedian on 09:43 - Jun 6 with 3429 viewsbatmanhoop

Love Thy Neighbour
Worst Comedian on 10:10 - Jun 6 with 3411 viewsPommyhoop

Worst Comedian on 09:43 - Jun 6 by batmanhoop

Love Thy Neighbour

He he..Us expats couldnt believe they were showing Love Thy Neighbour over here when we first came over .Channel 7 I think.
They still sell gollywogs too. I have to take every visitor I get up to The Ginger Factory because they sell big ones up there..

Worst Comedian on 10:33 - Jun 6 with 3403 viewsbatmanhoop

Worst Comedian on 10:10 - Jun 6 by Pommyhoop

He he..Us expats couldnt believe they were showing Love Thy Neighbour over here when we first came over .Channel 7 I think.
They still sell gollywogs too. I have to take every visitor I get up to The Ginger Factory because they sell big ones up there..

what year did you depart these isles Pom, any regrets?
Worst Comedian on 10:41 - Jun 6 with 3399 viewsPommyhoop

Worst Comedian on 10:33 - Jun 6 by batmanhoop

what year did you depart these isles Pom, any regrets?

2006 batman. Nearly been here 8 years now. One MASSIVE regret is that game a couple of weeks ago. .But apart from the obvious missing Family and friends no mate I'm doing ok.
Must admit tho ,the older I get the more I miss the cold when we are in our horrible sweaty Summer. Thats only horrible for 1 and a half maybe 2 months of the year.The rest is of the year is glorious.

Worst Comedian on 10:56 - Jun 6 with 3385 viewsTheBlob

Arthur Haynes.
Arthur Askey
Tommy Trinder
Wilfred Pickles
Anything that came out of WW2 apart from Will Hay.
Mr.Pastry.

[Post edited 6 Jun 2014 11:28]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Worst Comedian on 10:58 - Jun 6 with 3383 viewsAntti_Heinola

is anyone else a bit lost on whether we're discussing funny or unfunny people now? i've completely lost track.

Bare bones.

Worst Comedian on 11:18 - Jun 6 with 3372 viewsNathanNI

Allow me to bring it back in line with the OP.

Michael McIntyre.... Die in a fire.
Mrs Brown's Boys... Seriously? What moron watches that total f*cking tripe.

McIntyre is the worst, a face you'd never tire of punching.

– – – – – – – – – –

And relax.
Worst Comedian on 11:22 - Jun 6 with 3363 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Superb film. Subtle and evenly paced, and very true in its observations. Funny, too, in a warm and gentle way.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Comedian on 11:33 - Jun 6 with 3356 viewsPommyhoop

Mrs Browns Boys ...Worse than the Krankies. I was working with a fellow expat who kept going on about this brilliant comedy and how I'd love it being half Irish and that . His descriptions sounded crap so I left it for a while . Then after a text from him saying it was on'' right now'' I had a look. I lasted about 4 minutes. I didnt have the heart the next day to slate it when he asked 'Did you see it did you see it''. I said the kids were watching Dirty Dancing and I couldnt get near the telly. These lies went on for a couple of weeks untill thank Christ he was moved to another depot

Worst Comedian on 13:02 - Jun 6 with 3324 viewspeakqpr

Again I'm confused as to whether this is good or bad comedians now but, I can't believe we have got to six pages of this without mentioning the completely fabulous American female comedian Sarah Silverman.

She is so dirty live.
Worst Comedian on 13:18 - Jun 6 with 3304 viewsEastR

Worst Comedian on 00:51 - Jun 6 by SydneyRs

The Grumbleweeds.

My God the north has a lot to answer for.

Other compass points are available for worship too

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024