Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Comedian 10:05 - Jun 4 with 47986 viewspaulparker

So last night after coming home from a gruelling hours 6 a side game
I come home to find Mrs P and daughter watching the Miranda box set !!!??? WTF
how many times can you find a fat woman with a stupid haircut falling over funny
anyway this got me thinking of the worst comedian and how bad comedy is now

so top 3 worst comics at the moment

Miranda Hart
Sarah F ucking Milligan
David Williams - yes we know your camp it aint funny so feck off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst Comedian on 13:58 - Jun 4 with 5139 viewskensalriser

You could stop the list at Miranda and Sarah Millican, that's enough bad comedy for the entire world, but Keith Lemon gets an honourable addition for his cringing sex pestery. Hard to believe it's a joke, I think the actor is a real life sex pest getting away with it. Love to see someone punch his lights out - preferably a woman.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Worst Comedian on 13:59 - Jun 4 with 5133 viewsAntti_Heinola

Worst Comedian on 13:25 - Jun 4 by Phildo

My nephew tried his luck on the comedy circuit a few years ago but could only do it rat arsed and he gave up in the end as an early death awaited if he stayed in it. His observations were that most of them had one routine done again and again over the years - Amos Millican etc and once they had done it once on TV they could not think of feck all to follow up with . The really minted ones pay for gag writers and therefore seem to stay fresher but really they are just using others - usually kids - material.

Of course they do the same routine over and over! Why would you change it every night for a different audience?! That's how comedians start - they get a really good 5 minutes that goes well. Then expand it to 10, then 20 and if they're lucky and good enough 30 mins, an hour or more. Most don't get that far. Millican has done a number of Edinburgh shows anyway, so she would have a new show each time, so that's not quite accurate.

When Frank Skinner started off he didn't know this and was writing new material EVERY DAY. He moved to London and the other comics grabbed him after a while and said 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING? THAT MATERIAL LAST NGHT WAS AMAZING! WHERE IS IT?' He thought he was cheating people doing it two nights in a row, even though they were different people in the audience. He smartened up of course and won the Perrier.

The top comics do have gag writers, but they'll still do the hard graft themselves, the moulding, the timing, the practise, the small gigs, adding and subtracting. Christ, at the risk of sounding like a Fast Show character, it's the 'ardest game in the world (it;s not obviously, but you know what I mean). The reason Izzard and Noble didn't go on TV very much years ago was precisely because their material would be killed off too quickly. Writing an hour of great material is not easy. I don't like Lee Evans or McIntyre, but I have enormous respect for what they have been able to do and are able to do with an audience - it's incredible.

Bare bones.

Worst Comedian on 14:05 - Jun 4 with 5126 viewsJeff

Stewart Lee does a (IMHO) brilliant entire performance based around making a joke that Joe Pasquale couldn't steal (he earlier in the show pointed out that Joe Pasquale routinely stole other people's jokes and didn't credit them...)

Can we not knock it?

Worst Comedian on 14:07 - Jun 4 with 5116 viewsTheBlob

Worst Comedian on 13:58 - Jun 4 by kensalriser

You could stop the list at Miranda and Sarah Millican, that's enough bad comedy for the entire world, but Keith Lemon gets an honourable addition for his cringing sex pestery. Hard to believe it's a joke, I think the actor is a real life sex pest getting away with it. Love to see someone punch his lights out - preferably a woman.

She'll have to climb over me to get to the w*nker.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Worst Comedian on 14:08 - Jun 4 with 5115 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst Comedian on 13:38 - Jun 4 by A40Bosh

Brian,

Forgot to ask - was there every a "post-Lourdes" discussion on here about the success of your grotto trip and the outcome of the said Wembley occasion.

You must have put in some serious time praying in front of Our Lady!!!

I have to admit that I was a total hypocrite. I'm as close to atheism as bedammit but every time I go to Lourdes I do a night-time trip to the grotto and 'have a little word' on behalf of any loved ones who've passed on. I have no faith in it, but i do it for them anyway.

This year the chat was like I had two lads in my head, one trying to be respectful, the other with Tourette's

"Please remember Grandad"
"...and Rangers"
"and Granny"
"...and tight at the back"
"and Michelle"
"...no repeat of '86"
"and Uncle Frank"
"...ah, c'mon, let us win"
"and all my other relatives"
"...Derby are Satan's spawn"

It was the best my addled head could manage. I went for a pint. It's unlikely that it swung the result.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Comedian on 14:17 - Jun 4 with 5093 viewsQPR1882

Tommy Cooper and Dave Allen the rest are all shit.

Best sketch.....two Ronnie's want to buy some O's
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:28 - Jun 4 with 5082 viewsjohann28

[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 14:32]
Worst Comedian on 14:33 - Jun 4 with 5069 viewsjohann28

Worst Comedian on 14:08 - Jun 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I have to admit that I was a total hypocrite. I'm as close to atheism as bedammit but every time I go to Lourdes I do a night-time trip to the grotto and 'have a little word' on behalf of any loved ones who've passed on. I have no faith in it, but i do it for them anyway.

This year the chat was like I had two lads in my head, one trying to be respectful, the other with Tourette's

"Please remember Grandad"
"...and Rangers"
"and Granny"
"...and tight at the back"
"and Michelle"
"...no repeat of '86"
"and Uncle Frank"
"...ah, c'mon, let us win"
"and all my other relatives"
"...Derby are Satan's spawn"

It was the best my addled head could manage. I went for a pint. It's unlikely that it swung the result.

also found myself lighting candles in churches i'd never been to in 30 odd years. probably a separate thread needed for this stuff!
Login to get fewer ads

Worst Comedian on 14:37 - Jun 4 with 5054 viewssmegma

Worst Comedian on 14:17 - Jun 4 by QPR1882

Tommy Cooper and Dave Allen the rest are all shit.

Best sketch.....two Ronnie's want to buy some O's

I take your Dave allen and tommy Cooper and raise you with Jerry Sadowitz. His comedy is magic !Anyone who doesnt agree can go F*%£ themselves.As Jerry would say.
Worst Comedian on 14:44 - Jun 4 with 5043 viewskensalriser

Good call on Jerry Sadowitz. Completely mental but very funny.

On MacIntyre - I think he's good enough as a stand-up, but god, that chat show. What a car crash of cringe.

Someone mentioned all Yanks are crap. Really? Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, Chris Rock...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Worst Comedian on 14:53 - Jun 4 with 5020 viewsClive_Anderson

Eddie Izzard
Billy Connolly
Ben Elton
James Corden
Keith Lemon or any of the other characters that bloke does
In fact anyone on any panel show whatsoever.
Robin Williams - Good Morning Vietnam isn't funny in the slightest, even as a child I thought it was shite.

Louis CK is a good US stand up.
Worst Comedian on 15:11 - Jun 4 with 5013 viewsBromleyHoop

Monty Python........$hite. All of it.

However I feckin hate Michael MacIntyre. He's a complete cuuuunt.

Chris Addison is also embarrasingly bad.

Best around at the moment is Mickey Flanagan.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Worst Comedian on 15:19 - Jun 4 with 4990 viewsJamie

Worst Comedian on 14:44 - Jun 4 by kensalriser

On MacIntyre - I think he's good enough as a stand-up, but god, that chat show. What a car crash of cringe.

Someone mentioned all Yanks are crap. Really? Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, Chris Rock...

Agreed, Richard Pryor is the king of comedy.
Worst Comedian on 15:21 - Jun 4 with 4990 viewsjamois

Worst Comedian on 14:44 - Jun 4 by kensalriser

Bill Hicks

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Worst Comedian (n/t) on 16:11 - Jun 4 with 4929 viewsDiscodroid

[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 18:54]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Worst Comedian on 16:16 - Jun 4 with 4933 viewsqpr1976

Worst Comedian on 15:21 - Jun 4 by jamois

Bill Hicks

Yep. From Stateside.....

Bill Hicks
Emo Philips
Stephen Wright

Dennis Leary owes everything to the 1st one.
Milton Jones owes plenty to the last 2

Richard Prior was groundbreaking at the time.
Steve Martin flattered to deceive
Worst Comedian on 16:22 - Jun 4 with 4917 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Miranda is fookin dire.

The best for me was Mike Reid. I can watch his vids over and over.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Worst Comedian on 16:25 - Jun 4 with 4912 viewsFredManRave

Worst Comedian on 16:16 - Jun 4 by qpr1976

Yep. From Stateside.....

Bill Hicks
Emo Philips
Stephen Wright

Dennis Leary owes everything to the 1st one.
Milton Jones owes plenty to the last 2

Richard Prior was groundbreaking at the time.
Steve Martin flattered to deceive

The only american sitcom that I've watched and actually laughed at is Seinfeld. His observational stand up clips during the show are usually spot on and funny.

Also have to mention Larry David for his part in Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiam. They're both great, funny examples of observational comedy.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Worst Comedian on 16:59 - Jun 4 with 4878 viewsbatmanhoop

got to throw in the little dance, then lets have some cheap shots at Farage and UKIP. Yes, the archetype left wing 'comic'
Worst Comedian on 17:23 - Jun 4 with 4853 viewsizlingtonhoop

Patrick Kielty
Worst Comedian on 17:53 - Jun 4 with 4805 viewstribalr

PJ Gallagher. Absolutely awful.

Anything from the Apres Match lads are pure gold.
Worst Comedian on 18:04 - Jun 4 with 4775 viewsE17hoop

Worst Comedian on 14:05 - Jun 4 by Jeff

Stewart Lee does a (IMHO) brilliant entire performance based around making a joke that Joe Pasquale couldn't steal (he earlier in the show pointed out that Joe Pasquale routinely stole other people's jokes and didn't credit them...)

This?

Ace.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Worst Comedian on 18:10 - Jun 4 with 4761 viewsR_from_afar

Ben Elton, Michael McIntyre and Sarah Millican are definitely on my list of the worst comedians.

I do find some Miranda Hart episodes funny but there are rather a lot where I sit expectantly waiting for the laughs to start and then I realise they're doing that silly "meet the cast" thing and the programme is already ending.

Surely, surely, Mike and Bernie Winters are the all time worst. Most 70s and 80s comedy isn't funny when you go back to it now but they weren't even funny back in the day. You know comedians are bad when they are eclipsed by their (mostly silent) dog.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Worst Comedian on 18:21 - Jun 4 with 4740 viewsngbqpr

Bromley, good shout re Addison - just not funny, but constantly laughing at his own jokes (even before the so-called punchline)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Worst Comedian on 19:37 - Jun 4 with 4676 viewsHayesender

Worst Comedian on 13:09 - Jun 4 by Jigsore

this lady?

she's alright by me, ahem

Lenny Henry gets a little sympathy from me because his routine (do impressions of my ethnic grandmother) was kind of funny when he pioneered it. Today is it just bloody old and boring... he should stick to his Shakespeare, he does a pretty good Othello

That's her. How the hell did you know that from the crap I wrote?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024