Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You know you are getting old: 01:59 - Jun 10 with 6315 viewsPommyhoop

And no longer a slave to men's fashion when your Mrs buys you a pair of Mambo
trainers for $3 cos 'They are ok to take the dogs out in'.And you dont mind .
In my defense tho I have just spent the last 10 mins blacking out the shocking white logo that covers half the side of the trainer with a felt tip pen.

add your own '' You know you are getting old:''
[Post edited 10 Jun 2014 2:09]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

You know you are getting old: on 02:31 - Jun 10 with 3274 viewssmegma

For my 40th my wife bought me slippers. The first pair i ever owned. It was all downhill after that. She recently threw them away after 10 years and replaced them with new less comfortable ones which arent the same so i hardly wear them.
You know you are getting old: on 03:01 - Jun 10 with 3269 viewsKiwi76

It takes longer to cut/trim all the "fluffy bits" around the edges (incl ears!) than the hair on your bloody head.

Still wearing cool trainers mind
You know you are getting old: on 03:11 - Jun 10 with 3267 viewsNov77

Your labels have 'blue harbour' written on them

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

You know you are getting old: on 04:53 - Jun 10 with 3233 viewsqprmick

My wife knows better than to buy anything for me. I an not a slave to fashion but I want to look like me, not somebody else's version.

Qprmick

You know you are getting old: on 05:38 - Jun 10 with 3201 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

What was the question again?
You know you are getting old: on 06:08 - Jun 10 with 3182 viewsexiled_dictator

When you look at professional footballers, and they are definitely getting younger & younger each year.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

You know you are getting old: on 06:46 - Jun 10 with 3132 viewsBrianMcCarthy

When you enter the Fifth Stage of Manhood.

Was working in Lourdes a couple of weeks ago as part of a huge team. It included two seventeen-year old girls. Stunners, and beautiful people to boot. My mate and I were discussing them last week, and we both agreed that we were very 'fond' of them, and that we had nothing but platonic thoughts about them.

This surprised us to say the least. Plato and ourselves had never met before, and we'd be no great fans of his work. I told my mate a theory of mine about the six stages of manhood, and how I now thought we had entered the fifth stage, where you know you shouldn't fancy certain young women, so you simply don't.

I'm as surprised as anyone, believe me. It won't last.

The Six Stages Of Manhood

Stage 1: Too young to fancy anyone
Stage 2: Fancy everything, but too young
Stage 3: Fancy everything, game on
Stage 4: Fancy everything, but shouldn't
Stage 5: Shouldn't fancy everything, so don't
Stage 6: Fancy everything again, but too old.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

You know you are getting old: on 07:02 - Jun 10 with 3104 viewsSuffolk

'' You know you are getting old:''

When you stand on your front door step pushing your car remote button wondering why your front door isn't opening.
Login to get fewer ads

You know you are getting old: on 07:08 - Jun 10 with 3087 viewswelwynranger

When I wrote a piece on here for Norfs review of the 67 League Cup Final starting with I was 12 years old. OMG
You know you are getting old: on 07:22 - Jun 10 with 3048 viewsloftboy

When you're telling your kids off for doing exactly what you were doing 30 years earlier

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

You know you are getting old: on 07:26 - Jun 10 with 3040 viewswelwynranger

You know you are getting old: on 06:46 - Jun 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Was working in Lourdes a couple of weeks ago as part of a huge team. It included two seventeen-year old girls. Stunners, and beautiful people to boot. My mate and I were discussing them last week, and we both agreed that we were very 'fond' of them, and that we had nothing but platonic thoughts about them.

This surprised us to say the least. Plato and ourselves had never met before, and we'd be no great fans of his work. I told my mate a theory of mine about the six stages of manhood, and how I now thought we had entered the fifth stage, where you know you shouldn't fancy certain young women, so you simply don't.

Stage 7 Look at girls but cant remember why
You know you are getting old: on 08:01 - Jun 10 with 2965 viewsShotKneesHoop

Shot Knees Top Ten Getting Old SIgns are:-

1. When you think England could win the World Cup again.

2. When you get excited when the weather comes on BBC at 7.45 am every morning.

3. When you get excited when you see roadkill waiting for you on the verge of the A47.

4. When you forget your bus pass and have to pay real money to ride on the bloody thing.

5. When you start swearing at snails that have eaten your tomato, cucumber, courgette and lettuce seedlings the night before.

6. When you write this post the first time, and press the wrong upload button and have to start the post all over again from memory.

7. When you forget that SWP played over 20 games for England.

8. When your knees hurt going up and down the stairs.

9. When you look forward to Beyond Our Ken and Round The Horne from the 60's being broadcast on Radio 4 Extra.

10.When you are shaving, you wonder who that old phooker is in the mirror who is looking at you.

How many of you can tick more than 6 of those indicators?
[Post edited 10 Jun 2014 8:03]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

You know you are getting old: on 08:14 - Jun 10 with 2925 viewsPommyhoop

Very true Brian.I think I am in stage 5 too.The other side of stage 5 is that you are not bothered if anyone fancy's yourself.Hence me not worrying about stepping out with the dogs in Mambo trainers.Its quite liberating not giving a f@ck tbh...
No more gym ,no more fancy grooming ,no more fancy ,expensive designer clobber,no more worrying about where to go on the weekend,what you've missed. Yeah its pretty cool to be an old grunter.
Christ only an old grunter would say the above...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

You know you are getting old: on 08:29 - Jun 10 with 2886 viewsHantsR

When you still chase women, but forget why?
You know you are getting old: on 08:30 - Jun 10 with 2883 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You know you are getting old: on 08:01 - Jun 10 by ShotKneesHoop

Shot Knees Top Ten Getting Old SIgns are:-

1. When you think England could win the World Cup again.

2. When you get excited when the weather comes on BBC at 7.45 am every morning.

3. When you get excited when you see roadkill waiting for you on the verge of the A47.

4. When you forget your bus pass and have to pay real money to ride on the bloody thing.

5. When you start swearing at snails that have eaten your tomato, cucumber, courgette and lettuce seedlings the night before.

6. When you write this post the first time, and press the wrong upload button and have to start the post all over again from memory.

7. When you forget that SWP played over 20 games for England.

8. When your knees hurt going up and down the stairs.

9. When you look forward to Beyond Our Ken and Round The Horne from the 60's being broadcast on Radio 4 Extra.

10.When you are shaving, you wonder who that old phooker is in the mirror who is looking at you.

How many of you can tick more than 6 of those indicators?
[Post edited 10 Jun 2014 8:03]

I haven't got No. 8, but for some years now I haven't been able to sit down or get up without an involuntary grunt.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

You know you are getting old: on 08:43 - Jun 10 with 2859 viewsTheBlob

When it takes two days to eat that plateful of curry that you'd normally sink in five minutes flat.
And then down a handful of Zantac.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

You know you are getting old: on 08:48 - Jun 10 with 2847 viewsscot1963

After reading that other thread it's confirmed what I always thought, that most men are stuck at phase 4 of Brian's list. An ex of mine said that he knew he was old when it was difficult to put his socks on without some effort - his dad used to huff and puff and he used to look on him with pity and then suddenly he was there with no warning - that is your sure sign. I think the worry about the garden issues that ShotKnee mentions are more middle age than old age - I'm refusing to get bothered with gardening issues for that very reason. You know you're old as a woman when men just don't even give you a passing look - not there yet
You know you are getting old: on 08:56 - Jun 10 with 2822 viewsTonto

when you pay just as much attentition to the front page of the newspaper as you do the back page...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

You know you are getting old: on 09:40 - Jun 10 with 2742 viewsade_qpr

When all the pin up girls you fancied when you were young were cave drawings

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

You know you are getting old: on 09:52 - Jun 10 with 2726 viewsShotKneesHoop

When the only news you read is on Loft For Words.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

You know you are getting old: on 10:31 - Jun 10 with 2672 viewsTacticalR

As I age when I look around me I can see the older person in the younger person, and the younger person in the older person (i.e. through experience I can see how one thing comes to be another thing).

Air hostess clique

You know you are getting old: on 10:42 - Jun 10 with 2656 viewspaulparker

you know when your getting old when

you spend more time plucking ear & nose hair than doing your own hair

you start appreciating Real Ale

your missus starts buying your clothes

telling your kids how the 80 & 90's were the good old days

when you start acting & sounding like your own dad

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

You know you are getting old: on 11:03 - Jun 10 with 2624 viewsPhildo

I went to Epsom for the Oaks on friday. Huge amount of twentysomething girls in ridiculously scanty clothing totally pissed up. All I could think of was I am not letting my six year old daughter do that when she is older. And get annoyed about the amount of tattoos.....
You know you are getting old: on 11:39 - Jun 10 with 2586 viewsClive_Anderson

When you're browsing the internet and the adverts for "hot girls in your area" in the side-bar are a load of old bags, rather than the young attractive women when you first started using the web.
You know you are getting old: on 12:52 - Jun 10 with 2509 viewssmegma

You worked in Lourdes?

You never mentioned it.

Much.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024