Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot 14:44 - Jun 24 with 26100 viewsandrew

Done deal?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 23:10 - Jun 24 with 2066 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

My mate who works at the club has told me that Gomis has passed his medical and the deal is complete.

Coincidentally, many news outlets are just beginning to report the same thing;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2668340/Swansea-City-agree-dea

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 23:17 - Jun 24 with 1987 viewsWarwickHunt

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 22:04 - Jun 24 by Cygnus

Old habits die hard Levi 501s fooking class man.

Come on Gomis

Innit. Accept no substitute.

Paul Smith jeans? F*ck my eyes.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 23:19 - Jun 24 with 1960 viewsJackoBoostardo

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 23:10 - Jun 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

My mate who works at the club has told me that Gomis has passed his medical and the deal is complete.

Coincidentally, many news outlets are just beginning to report the same thing;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2668340/Swansea-City-agree-dea

It's easy to claim now after all the news today, that you have a mate at the club who keeps you ITK. However, if this doesn't materialise, you will have another excuse that he clearly saw something he wasn't happy with, or had better elsewhere.

We've seen this hundreds of times before - so I hope you understand my scepticism. I will wait until I see him hold our shirt on the official site.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2014 23:20]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 23:23 - Jun 24 with 1903 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 23:19 - Jun 24 by JackoBoostardo

It's easy to claim now after all the news today, that you have a mate at the club who keeps you ITK. However, if this doesn't materialise, you will have another excuse that he clearly saw something he wasn't happy with, or had better elsewhere.

We've seen this hundreds of times before - so I hope you understand my scepticism. I will wait until I see him hold our shirt on the official site.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2014 23:20]

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 23:24 - Jun 24 with 1879 viewsBanosswan

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 23:17 - Jun 24 by WarwickHunt

Innit. Accept no substitute.

Paul Smith jeans? F*ck my eyes.

Exactly, original and best. Do like my diesels though.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 23:57 - Jun 24 with 1707 viewsJackoBoostardo

£16million FOUR YEAR DEAL from a very very reputable source!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-clinch-bafetimbi-go

Did I mention, reputable?

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 23:59 - Jun 24 with 1694 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 23:57 - Jun 24 by JackoBoostardo

£16million FOUR YEAR DEAL from a very very reputable source!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-clinch-bafetimbi-go

Did I mention, reputable?

£80,000 a week?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:04 - Jun 25 with 1669 viewsJackoBoostardo

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 23:59 - Jun 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

£80,000 a week?

Bargain eh?!?

Whatever has gone on - I'm sure our Huw has things just the way he planned (or at least within a set budget).

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:05 - Jun 25 with 1655 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:04 - Jun 25 by JackoBoostardo

Bargain eh?!?

Whatever has gone on - I'm sure our Huw has things just the way he planned (or at least within a set budget).

I desperately hope I am here for one of the two Fans Forums. There are a lot of questions that need answering.

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:07 - Jun 25 with 1644 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

I would be staggered if that fee was anywhere near being correct.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:07 - Jun 25 with 1640 viewsNeathJack

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:05 - Jun 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I desperately hope I am here for one of the two Fans Forums. There are a lot of questions that need answering.

I'm sure you won't be.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:08 - Jun 25 with 1632 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:05 - Jun 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

anyone that believes that we are paying £80k per week for anyone is seriously off their head. We may have paid him £5/6m up front and £40k per week or similar but that will be it. The Mirror are simply making it up so why believe them now? They have no idea.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:11 - Jun 25 with 1609 viewsJackoBoostardo

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:08 - Jun 25 by londonlisa2001

anyone that believes that we are paying £80k per week for anyone is seriously off their head. We may have paid him £5/6m up front and £40k per week or similar but that will be it. The Mirror are simply making it up so why believe them now? They have no idea.

Didn't I say 'reputable'?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 0:12]

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:12 - Jun 25 with 1601 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:08 - Jun 25 by londonlisa2001

Even if we have paid him £5/6m upfront and £40,000 a week for four years, that is still an outlay of £16m. It just is easier to work with in the accounts.

IF it is true then it is an astronomical amount of money and concerns me greatly.

Do we continue with the '17th is success' mentality now or what? These are massive wages / signing on fees. I for one am worried.

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:13 - Jun 25 with 1589 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:11 - Jun 25 by JackoBoostardo

Didn't I say 'reputable'?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 0:12]

I was referring to Dwight!

We will soon find out whether this is true if they announce a 3 years contract tomorrow won't we.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:17 - Jun 25 with 1559 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:12 - Jun 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Even if we have paid him £5/6m upfront and £40,000 a week for four years, that is still an outlay of £16m. It just is easier to work with in the accounts.

IF it is true then it is an astronomical amount of money and concerns me greatly.

Do we continue with the '17th is success' mentality now or what? These are massive wages / signing on fees. I for one am worried.

It's got nothing to do with the accounts and everything to do with other players.

If we have, and again who knows, done a deal of £5/6m up front and £40k then that just equates to a paying a transfer fee of £5/6m and the wages that our top players will be on.

Last summer we were prepared to pay c. £8m for him plus, one would assume, the same sort of wages.

If he scores 15 goals this year, we could sell him for £10m say (less than Bony because of age) and we'd have again made a very good deal.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:20 - Jun 25 with 1540 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:17 - Jun 25 by londonlisa2001

It's got nothing to do with the accounts and everything to do with other players.

If we have, and again who knows, done a deal of £5/6m up front and £40k then that just equates to a paying a transfer fee of £5/6m and the wages that our top players will be on.

Last summer we were prepared to pay c. £8m for him plus, one would assume, the same sort of wages.

If he scores 15 goals this year, we could sell him for £10m say (less than Bony because of age) and we'd have again made a very good deal.

Everything to do with other players?

If they know one player is getting £16m over four seasons then they are going to want it too.

I just don't see why people are condoning this. If we saw on Sky Sports News that QPR were going to give him £16m over four seaons we'd be mocking them and acting self righteous how we're such a well run club etc etc. I'm truly flabbergasted.

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:25 - Jun 25 with 1511 viewsNeathJack

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:20 - Jun 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If they know one player is getting £16m over four seasons then they are going to want it too.

I just don't see why people are condoning this. If we saw on Sky Sports News that QPR were going to give him £16m over four seaons we'd be mocking them and acting self righteous how we're such a well run club etc etc. I'm truly flabbergasted.

No we wouldn't. We'd be understanding how the Bosman ruling affects transfers and their subsequent contracts rather than throwing a hissy fit.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:26 - Jun 25 with 1507 viewsepaul

Some people need to get their heards out of their arses and come to the real world 5/6 mill up front....get a life

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:28 - Jun 25 with 1490 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:26 - Jun 25 by epaul

Some people need to get their heards out of their arses and come to the real world 5/6 mill up front....get a life

Upfront to the player, Paul.

Do you think Ash is going to settle for anything less upfront if he knows another player got that?

It sets a dangerous precedent.

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:31 - Jun 25 with 1480 viewsDarran

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:28 - Jun 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Upfront to the player, Paul.

Do you think Ash is going to settle for anything less upfront if he knows another player got that?

It sets a dangerous precedent.

If Ash had a transfer he wouldn't get that amount upfront so yes he will.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:32 - Jun 25 with 1472 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:26 - Jun 25 by epaul

do you mean that you find this madness or the way it is?

By the way - I think it's both madness and also probably the way it is.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:35 - Jun 25 with 1462 viewsepaul

People need to get real there is no way we'll pay 5/6 mill up front signing on fee ffs

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:36 - Jun 25 with 1459 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:20 - Jun 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm not condoning it - I'm not believing it - the £16m that is.

If we are paying say £40k per week, that's £2m a year - 3 years of that and a £5m signing on fee is £11m. That's less than we paid for Bony without his wages.

And, supposedly Ash has been asking for a multi million signing on fee - they all get them on a new contract now I would imagine. The whole amounts involved are utterly ridiculous, but we are probably right at the bottom of the way it is in the Premier League.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:39 - Jun 25 with 1442 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:35 - Jun 25 by epaul

People need to get real there is no way we'll pay 5/6 mill up front signing on fee ffs

I'm almost certain this is exactly what we're about to do (in that region anyway). It's just the same as paying a transfer fee to his team and we offered £8m for him before.

I also can't believe that anything else could have happened to get him to choose to join us over other clubs since I'm certain we are not paying him £70-80k per week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024