Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot 14:44 - Jun 24 with 26102 viewsandrew

Done deal?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:20 - Jun 25 with 2710 viewsMagicDaps

If we were to sign him, he'd be a player that Laudrup has failed to get and Garry Monk has managed to persuade to join.

But I thought Garry Monk had no contacts?

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:21 - Jun 25 with 2709 viewsJackSomething

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:08 - Jun 25 by Shaky

Do I have first hand knowledge of Laurdup's wish list? No.

Was it reported in practically every newspaper in the country? Yes.

So it was reported that Laudrup wanted him. Was it reported that Laudrup personally chose him as a target? It's just as likely that he was on a list provided by the club/scout, Laudrup approved some as targets and not others. In which case, he gets no credit.

Not that it matters at all. Except for those who like to find any imaginary stick they can to beat the club with.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:26 - Jun 25 with 2675 viewsShaky

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:21 - Jun 25 by JackSomething

So it was reported that Laudrup wanted him. Was it reported that Laudrup personally chose him as a target? It's just as likely that he was on a list provided by the club/scout, Laudrup approved some as targets and not others. In which case, he gets no credit.

Not that it matters at all. Except for those who like to find any imaginary stick they can to beat the club with.

You should present my views as you see fit.

From my own side I will say only that at this time I am mildly concerned by the net effect of all transfer chatter I have heard.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:32 - Jun 25 with 2628 viewsLeonisGod

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 16:12 - Jun 24 by icecoldjack

If we sign Gomis and keep Bony and Michu i will be extremely happy and less worried about the coming season, i have to say though that Michu leaving is bit of a strange one IMO.

Is he going because of the fallout from Laudrup ? is it just paper talk an the guy is staying here ? what about his dodgy ankle and apparent persistant problems with it ?

We are told Michu is having a reaction from his injury and is not for sale but now he is being linked with a move to West Ham,Napoli and Athletico .

I know its silly season but it would be nice to not have to worry about what players are fooking off just for once !!

Cant wait for the transfer window to close and its only June ! lol

I can't see Michu going anywhere until he proves his fitness.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:36 - Jun 25 with 2604 viewsJackSomething

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:26 - Jun 25 by Shaky

You should present my views as you see fit.

From my own side I will say only that at this time I am mildly concerned by the net effect of all transfer chatter I have heard.

If I've interpreted your views incorrectly, then by all means correct me.

For my part, I'm mildly excited by the transfer progress so far. Ignoring the majority of gossip, which is almost always incorrect, we have signed Fabianski and look close to signing Gomis.

So that means we've signed an international goalkeeper from Arsenal (who was deemed good enough to play in the FA Cup final) and potentially a French international striker from Lyon who was valued at over £10m last year.

Not bad for a small club who are afraid to spend money and have a manager no-one wants to sign for. According to some anyway.

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:39 - Jun 25 with 2585 viewsShaky

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:36 - Jun 25 by JackSomething

If I've interpreted your views incorrectly, then by all means correct me.

For my part, I'm mildly excited by the transfer progress so far. Ignoring the majority of gossip, which is almost always incorrect, we have signed Fabianski and look close to signing Gomis.

So that means we've signed an international goalkeeper from Arsenal (who was deemed good enough to play in the FA Cup final) and potentially a French international striker from Lyon who was valued at over £10m last year.

Not bad for a small club who are afraid to spend money and have a manager no-one wants to sign for. According to some anyway.

In isolation that it true.

But the way I read the tealeaves Michu, Canas and the Poz are all gonners who I rate, I could easily also see JDG leaving, and I think it is no better than a toss-up whether Bony and Gomis will feature in the same team next year.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 10:41]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:48 - Jun 25 with 2535 viewsSilverSurfer

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:39 - Jun 25 by Shaky

But the way I read the tealeaves Michu, Canas and the Poz are all gonners who I rate, I could easily also see JDG leaving, and I think it is no better than a toss-up whether Bony and Gomis will feature in the same team next year.

out of those 4 you mentioned the only ones I would be sad never to see in a Swans shirt again are Michu and De Guz.

Poz has a stinking attitude and gave the 'finger' to a bunch of young fans, including my 10 yr old lad who were waiting for autographs outside Landore training ground last year
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:51 - Jun 25 with 2503 viewsJackSomething

I agree with you that Michu, Canas and Pozuelo look likely to leave.

Losing the Michu of two seasons ago would be a tragedy, sadly that Michu was nowhere to be seen last season. I'd prefer he stay and we see if the old Michu returns, but that looks unlikely, whether due to his unhappiness or his ankles.

Not convinced that Canas is a great loss personally and while I'd prefer to keep Pozuelo as one for the future, his early season promise faded quickly. If they are the agitators they are claimed to be, happy to see them go.

Technically, JDG will definitely be leaving, as his loan spell will expire. I'm hopeful we can either loan him again, or sign him permanently.

Hopefully Bony will stay, but if he does go, well done to the club on acting quickly to replace him, although another striker will be needed.

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:52 - Jun 25 with 2492 views_

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:20 - Jun 25 by MagicDaps

If we were to sign him, he'd be a player that Laudrup has failed to get and Garry Monk has managed to persuade to join.

But I thought Garry Monk had no contacts?

Huh??

You think the potential signing of Gomis has been through a "contact" of Garry Monk?

Geez, i've read some crap on here before but this is up there, right up there!!

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:52 - Jun 25 with 2489 viewsMagicDaps

So why don't you wait until the end of the summer, there have been reports linking those away but the likelihood is that Michu, Bony and Jonathan De Guzman are staying. There's nothing we can do about speculation regarding Michu and Bony and there was little to no chance of Villareal selling De Guzman before the World Cup.

Judge the club on the business they've actually done.

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 11:01 - Jun 25 with 2422 viewsJACKARSE

Is the ink dry on Gomis .... or is he 'Incing' himself about .....
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 11:04 - Jun 25 with 2401 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 11:01 - Jun 25 by JACKARSE

Is the ink dry on Gomis .... or is he 'Incing' himself about .....

No contract was signed yesterday was it? It was only a gentleman's agreement or a 'contract in principle' from what I read...

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 11:27 - Jun 25 with 2275 viewshobo

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:51 - Jun 25 by JackSomething

I agree with you that Michu, Canas and Pozuelo look likely to leave.

Losing the Michu of two seasons ago would be a tragedy, sadly that Michu was nowhere to be seen last season. I'd prefer he stay and we see if the old Michu returns, but that looks unlikely, whether due to his unhappiness or his ankles.

Not convinced that Canas is a great loss personally and while I'd prefer to keep Pozuelo as one for the future, his early season promise faded quickly. If they are the agitators they are claimed to be, happy to see them go.

Technically, JDG will definitely be leaving, as his loan spell will expire. I'm hopeful we can either loan him again, or sign him permanently.

Hopefully Bony will stay, but if he does go, well done to the club on acting quickly to replace him, although another striker will be needed.

Michu was brilliant for the first couple of months of last season
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 11:46 - Jun 25 with 2160 viewsJackSomething

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 11:27 - Jun 25 by hobo

Michu was brilliant for the first couple of months of last season

While I would say 'brilliant' is somewhat overstating it, let's say he stopped being the old Michu once he picked up his first injury.

Whether his form then on was due to injury problems or unhappiness, there's no doubting he was far from impressive.

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 11:50 - Jun 25 with 2128 viewsLeonisGod

Why are people talking about JdG staying? He's left already and I haven't seen any talk of him coming back, or have I missed it? It will be a big loss if we can't get him back; should be the board's first priority imo.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 11:54 - Jun 25 with 2097 viewsDyfnant

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 11:50 - Jun 25 by LeonisGod

Why are people talking about JdG staying? He's left already and I haven't seen any talk of him coming back, or have I missed it? It will be a big loss if we can't get him back; should be the board's first priority imo.

Can't really expect any talk until Holland are back from Brazil

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 11:56 - Jun 25 with 2077 viewsScoobyWho

It's clearly obvious that JDG is a target for next season, HJ has already stated they are reviewing anther 12 mth loan deal. Thats good enough for me to know if we want him we will get him, and if we don't we move on.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 11:59 - Jun 25 with 2054 viewsLeonisGod

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 11:56 - Jun 25 by ScoobyWho

It's clearly obvious that JDG is a target for next season, HJ has already stated they are reviewing anther 12 mth loan deal. Thats good enough for me to know if we want him we will get him, and if we don't we move on.

Ok, good to hear. I missed Huw's comments on that. So hopefully things will move forward after holland win the WC.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 12:08 - Jun 25 with 1989 viewsTom1912

He's at the World Cup, nothing will happen until after it has finished.

We've said we went him back, I fully expect us to try signing him. Will depend on the other offers on the table however.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 12:08]
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 12:14 - Jun 25 with 1929 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 09:07 - Jun 25 by Shaky

If it is confirmed, the bizarre thing about this signing is that if anyone is due a credit it is in fact Laudrup, given that Gomis was his number 1 target as widely reported last summer.

See for example:

Swansea chase Bafetimbi Gomis in hope transfer will convince boss Michael Laudrup not to quit
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-transfers-bafetimbi

And given the renewed chatter about Gylfi if anything these moves are worryingly suggestive of a lack of fresh ideas -- from anyone.

The reason I made sarcastic reference to the point about Monk's contacts, is because I believe that who the manager is actually has little if any bearing on these situations.

I doubt that managers (whoever they are and in whatever club at this level and up) are involved too much in deals outside particularly players that they know because they've worked with them before (JDG for example with Laudrup, Sinclair with Rodgers).

Players are identified by scouting systems / networks / agents etc, and the 'club' buys them. Managers I suspect identify 'types' of targets - sometime they will indicate particular players and sometimes not. They will all of course yay or nay actual players.

Laudrup did not particularly involve himself in transfers as I understand it (although his agent did until blown out, for reasons best left alone). A lot of what people now describe as 'Laudrup's transfers' eg. Michu weren't really you know - not denying that having a great of Spanish football helped get them over the line, but Michu was offered around the Premier League to all sorts of clubs, us included.

On the part on fresh ideas - perhaps it's the media that have a worrying lack of fresh ideas and that's why they link us to the same players over and again - doesn't mean we're always in for them. Didn't hear much about Fabianski before he signed for example and Laudrup / anyone else had never as far as we know 'identified' him.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 12:17 - Jun 25 with 1926 viewslyonfans

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 12:08 - Jun 25 by Tom1912

He's at the World Cup, nothing will happen until after it has finished.

We've said we went him back, I fully expect us to try signing him. Will depend on the other offers on the table however.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 12:08]

don't know if you guys are happy to see Gomis in Swansea.

Just to said, this guy really tried to appear as a good man but he come to Swansea really for money.
3 years we tried to get him a bigger contract in Lyon, he only stay for World Cup but to bad for our national team. This guy only want MONEY !
He's happy to quit Lyon as a free player, Lyon need money but this guy try to do everything to don't help the club who help him since 5 years (take the national team/play European competition).
He kicks off Lisandro Lopez because he don't accept to stay on the bench.

He's strong, not a technical guy, really not, not a speed player. Lot of offside (1st offside player in Europa League this year)....
In Lyon, a lot of people are happy to see this guy quit the club.

If you think it's good for you, Lyon's fans are not agree :)
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 12:28 - Jun 25 with 1863 viewsDrizzy

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 12:17 - Jun 25 by lyonfans

don't know if you guys are happy to see Gomis in Swansea.

Just to said, this guy really tried to appear as a good man but he come to Swansea really for money.
3 years we tried to get him a bigger contract in Lyon, he only stay for World Cup but to bad for our national team. This guy only want MONEY !
He's happy to quit Lyon as a free player, Lyon need money but this guy try to do everything to don't help the club who help him since 5 years (take the national team/play European competition).
He kicks off Lisandro Lopez because he don't accept to stay on the bench.

He's strong, not a technical guy, really not, not a speed player. Lot of offside (1st offside player in Europa League this year)....
In Lyon, a lot of people are happy to see this guy quit the club.

If you think it's good for you, Lyon's fans are not agree :)

Thanks for your opinion. He seems like a bit of a c0ck. Here's hoping he's a decent enough footballer for us.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 12:46 - Jun 25 with 1769 viewsSilverSurfer

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 12:28 - Jun 25 by Drizzy

Thanks for your opinion. He seems like a bit of a c0ck. Here's hoping he's a decent enough footballer for us.

I would have thought that Huw and co would have taken a players personality into account, I know very little about Gomis so I will go with their judgment
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 12:55 - Jun 25 with 1710 viewsMagicDaps

Based on comments that Huw Jenkins, Garry Monk and Jonathan De Guzman have made it seems likely he'll stay. He wants to stay, and we want him to stay and we've got the money to make it permanent if needed.

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 13:47 - Jun 25 with 1527 viewsSimonM

Don't know if this is actually news but Sky Sports just saying 4 year deal is agreed.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/9360992/transfer-news-bafetimbi-go

Think I'd still prefer to wait until its announced on the OS.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 13:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024