Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu 10:27 - Jul 5 with 16198 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Garry-Monk-hold-crunch-talks-Michu-Swans

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 18:30 - Jul 5 with 2260 viewsDavillin

jackooostardo wrote: "If he recovers fully and plays advance mid behind Gomis and Bony, with Routs and Dyer on the wings, then big shit will happen!"

There are two "ifs" there, neither of which is even remotely assured. I'll give him some slack on "recovering fully," but he will have to make a 180 degree to play "advance mid behind Gomis and Bony," as his not doing so was one of his deep shortcomings when he was playing under Laudrup, as I wrote in an earlier post.

If he stays, Monk will have to break him of that bad habit and to play where the team's discipline requires him to play, and where you would like him to play, as above.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 20:04 - Jul 5 with 2049 viewsGowerjack

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 18:30 - Jul 5 by Davillin

jackooostardo wrote: "If he recovers fully and plays advance mid behind Gomis and Bony, with Routs and Dyer on the wings, then big shit will happen!"

There are two "ifs" there, neither of which is even remotely assured. I'll give him some slack on "recovering fully," but he will have to make a 180 degree to play "advance mid behind Gomis and Bony," as his not doing so was one of his deep shortcomings when he was playing under Laudrup, as I wrote in an earlier post.

If he stays, Monk will have to break him of that bad habit and to play where the team's discipline requires him to play, and where you would like him to play, as above.

I agree fully.

Michu was fantastic for us in his 1st season but and its a big but he has never been able to link with a strike partner.

He seemed to dislike DG10 and always got in Bonys way.

Maybe he's a bit of a loner on and off the pitch?

I will however look back on his 1st season with great pleasure.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 20:16 - Jul 5 with 1995 viewsJackoBoostardo

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 18:20 - Jul 5 by raynor94

Are you honestly saying you don't believe michu wants away? I maybe wrong but I think he's taking the piss big time, and don't get so angry mun

Angry? Not at all.. Simply stating the point.

Fact remains, what people think is normally wrong when it comes to the swans.. How many reports of players wanting out in the past have there been, and how many players have actually gone because of this?

Sensationalised stories sell and people still see these as fact.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 20:27 - Jul 5 with 1958 viewsStarsky

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 20:04 - Jul 5 by Gowerjack

I agree fully.

Michu was fantastic for us in his 1st season but and its a big but he has never been able to link with a strike partner.

He seemed to dislike DG10 and always got in Bonys way.

Maybe he's a bit of a loner on and off the pitch?

I will however look back on his 1st season with great pleasure.

Bang on the money

It's just the internet, init.

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 20:36 - Jul 5 with 1926 viewsJackoBoostardo

Well we'll see folks!

And the comment that might was never able to link up to graham? Why does that remain the case now?

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 21:33 - Jul 5 with 1767 viewsItchySphincter

Had his Napoli medical in Ibiza weeks ago. He aint coming back but if he does it'll be kicking and screaming. Hope this ends reasonably soon without too many tarnished memories.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 22:58 - Jul 5 with 1622 viewsJokeren1943

He scored over 20 goals for us (not as a striker but as a midfielder)

Considered by many players and coachs in the Premier League, in that season, as the best buy/player.

He allways give 120 % in every game.

People seem to have forgotten that - FUcck those people!.
Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 23:01 - Jul 5 with 1605 viewsStarsky

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 22:58 - Jul 5 by Jokeren1943

He scored over 20 goals for us (not as a striker but as a midfielder)

Considered by many players and coachs in the Premier League, in that season, as the best buy/player.

He allways give 120 % in every game.

People seem to have forgotten that - FUcck those people!.

No he didn't. Not towards the end

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 23:14 - Jul 5 with 1561 viewsDarran

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 23:01 - Jul 5 by Starsky

No he didn't. Not towards the end

He was also injured towards the end of his first season,the first game he missed was Wigan away which we won.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 23:24 - Jul 5 with 1522 viewsdobjack2

Unfortunately michu has turned into a long running soap opera where there is fresh speculation and rumour all the time because few people know what is really going on. If there are problems behind the scenes the club won't say anything before he goes and probably won't say much afterwards.
Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 23:46 - Jul 5 with 1487 viewsSilverSurfer

bought my 10yr old his new away kit today and i mentioned that he should wait before he has Michus name and number again. ....and he told me 'what do I want his name for? hes rubbish!!'..

...out of mouths of babes etc.
Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 23:53 - Jul 5 with 1461 viewsJackoBoostardo

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 23:24 - Jul 5 by dobjack2

Unfortunately michu has turned into a long running soap opera where there is fresh speculation and rumour all the time because few people know what is really going on. If there are problems behind the scenes the club won't say anything before he goes and probably won't say much afterwards.

Yet I'd bet you were one of the people harping on about bringing Ferre Bodde back to the team right? Despite his atrocious history of injuries.

Granted - he was a quality player - and injuries really hindered Ferre Bodde reaching his full potential. But Michu, he's had one big injury and he's been written off already when potentially has has a lot more to give.

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 00:25 - Jul 6 with 1361 viewsdameedna

I can see a place for Michu in the squad even if we sign Gylfi.

A squad containing Michu Gylfi Shelvey is appealing. All score goals and and Gylfi and Shelvey have defensive qualities.

Michu Gylfi Shelvey JDG, Britton, Falkirk Lad is 6 players.
That leaves Hernandez, Canas, Ki, Pozuelo with a question mark.
If Michu, Gylfi and JDG are not going to be ours we can keep all the players listed.

Medicals aside Michu will be a player to keep. He is annoyed with his injury but nothing else, wants to play 100% for us.

I hope we do not have to see a season with Amat in midfield.
To avoid this I would keep 8 or 9 central players at the club rotating and allowing for injury.
We can carry Michu until he is 100%.
Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:09 - Jul 6 with 1296 viewsScoobyWho

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 13:56 - Jul 5 by Darran

I said that last Saturday and someone reckoned I was classless.

You are not classless Darran, your a life 'long jack. And nobody will ever take that away from you.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:11 - Jul 6 with 1294 viewsScoobyWho

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 17:19 - Jul 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why is Michu getting special treatment though?

Why is Rooney ?
Same criteria, ego feeding, ruins the club.
As much as they have supreme talent, if it is toxic to the team.

Get rid.

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:17 - Jul 6 with 1289 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:11 - Jul 6 by ScoobyWho

Why is Rooney ?
Same criteria, ego feeding, ruins the club.
As much as they have supreme talent, if it is toxic to the team.

Get rid.

What special treatment was Rooney given?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:21 - Jul 6 with 1285 viewsDavillin

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 00:25 - Jul 6 by dameedna

I can see a place for Michu in the squad even if we sign Gylfi.

A squad containing Michu Gylfi Shelvey is appealing. All score goals and and Gylfi and Shelvey have defensive qualities.

Michu Gylfi Shelvey JDG, Britton, Falkirk Lad is 6 players.
That leaves Hernandez, Canas, Ki, Pozuelo with a question mark.
If Michu, Gylfi and JDG are not going to be ours we can keep all the players listed.

Medicals aside Michu will be a player to keep. He is annoyed with his injury but nothing else, wants to play 100% for us.

I hope we do not have to see a season with Amat in midfield.
To avoid this I would keep 8 or 9 central players at the club rotating and allowing for injury.
We can carry Michu until he is 100%.

Where to start?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:25 - Jul 6 with 1276 viewsScoobyWho

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:17 - Jul 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Er ?
Every England game they talk about where Rooney can play ?
Is he wide right, out left or up the middle ?
Why talk about him and then talk about the rest of team ?
Its always been, him then the team.

If that ain't special treatment, then you ain't reading the media script mate.

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:26 - Jul 6 with 1268 viewsdameedna

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:17 - Jul 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

None

Good enough to play for England and a game changer
Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:29 - Jul 6 with 1259 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:25 - Jul 6 by ScoobyWho

Er ?
Every England game they talk about where Rooney can play ?
Is he wide right, out left or up the middle ?
Why talk about him and then talk about the rest of team ?
Its always been, him then the team.

If that ain't special treatment, then you ain't reading the media script mate.

I was on about his employers giving him special treatment, such as giving him a longer holiday for no apparent reason. I have no idea why you have brought the media's portrayal of him into this debate.

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:37 - Jul 6 with 1245 viewsScoobyWho

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:29 - Jul 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I was on about his employers giving him special treatment, such as giving him a longer holiday for no apparent reason. I have no idea why you have brought the media's portrayal of him into this debate.

When a waste of skin called his Mrs, flys his brats and her wretched frame half way across the world and all they ( the media ) can talk about is her fu cking luggage allowance you have to admit this half a talent scouser called Rooney is second fiddle.

He is only half as good as any top six striker yet still fails for his country.

You work it out.

For what he has achieved he is no more worth the minimum wage than any person.

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:38 - Jul 6 with 1241 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:37 - Jul 6 by ScoobyWho

When a waste of skin called his Mrs, flys his brats and her wretched frame half way across the world and all they ( the media ) can talk about is her fu cking luggage allowance you have to admit this half a talent scouser called Rooney is second fiddle.

He is only half as good as any top six striker yet still fails for his country.

You work it out.

For what he has achieved he is no more worth the minimum wage than any person.

Did Coleen leave you for Wayne or something? Blimey.

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:41 - Jul 6 with 1236 viewsScoobyWho

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:38 - Jul 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Did Coleen leave you for Wayne or something? Blimey.

If he was that that talented we would be talking about him, not her.
He is no better than Bony, in fact I would be more than happy to have Wilf than Rooney in my team, every day.
And that says a lot.

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:53 - Jul 6 with 1212 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:41 - Jul 6 by ScoobyWho

If he was that that talented we would be talking about him, not her.
He is no better than Bony, in fact I would be more than happy to have Wilf than Rooney in my team, every day.
And that says a lot.

I feel confident saying Wayne Rooney is a more talented footballer than Wilfried Bony.

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:56 - Jul 6 with 1210 viewsScoobyWho

Monk to hold crunch talks with Michu on 01:53 - Jul 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I feel confident saying Wayne Rooney is a more talented footballer than Wilfried Bony.

So do man utd and England, hence the reason why both are considered recent failures.

In a way, you actually agree when your reply is analysed.

Bony every time.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024