Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release 16:49 - Aug 13 with 6003 viewsdale1968

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 09:32 - Aug 14 with 1328 viewspnc4eva1

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 23:26 - Aug 13 by sweetcorn

No I don't have a daughter, but as said, he has now served his punishment for whatever crime he has committed. he has a human right to earn and have some sort of 'normality'.

Yes the girl will have to live with what happened for the rest of her life, but she also has to live with (if her version of events are correct, which isn't so clear) the reality that she got herself into such a state that she couldn't say no or defend herself. admittedly that isn't to say she deserved what she got, however she is partly to blame for what occured, no matter how little of it was her fault.

So raping a drunken woman is ok as it is a little bit their fault. Did you design those terrible NHS posters too?

She was raped. The evidence was sufficient to cause a jury of 12 people to find him guilty. He has not won an appeal.

He raped a woman. He has served 2 years of a five year sentence.

No way should he come to this club. If he appears in a team that plays Dale I will be one of many who will hurl abuse at him.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 09:51 - Aug 14 with 1310 viewsDaley_Lama

absolute NO for me.

Footballers are heroes to many and role models to lots of children. Footballers are idolised.

Re-habilitated or not, done his time or not, certain crimes to me should mean that the perpetrators are not re-installed in such a position.

Poll: DF in or out

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 10:44 - Aug 14 with 1283 viewsD_Alien

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 09:32 - Aug 14 by pnc4eva1

So raping a drunken woman is ok as it is a little bit their fault. Did you design those terrible NHS posters too?

She was raped. The evidence was sufficient to cause a jury of 12 people to find him guilty. He has not won an appeal.

He raped a woman. He has served 2 years of a five year sentence.

No way should he come to this club. If he appears in a team that plays Dale I will be one of many who will hurl abuse at him.

pnc I have a 21yo daughter

My partner has two daughters, aged 18 and 13

The older two go out with their friends at night, but I can assure you they would NEVER allow themselves to be in the situation the girl was in.

As I've previous said, none of that excuses "coming round" to find someone has had sex with you, that you then feel extremely angry and no doubt terribly ashamed about.

The law states that rape took place, since the girl was too inebriated to give consent, although it appears she wasn't too inebriated to give consent to another male. Evans was found guilty. Other male(s) were found not guilty.

Does that make Evans a predatory monster? I'd call him extremely stupid under the circumstances, though guilty as charged.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 11:26 - Aug 14 with 1248 viewsitschalky

As you are aware Notts signed Lee Hughes which on a professional level worked out very well for us,BUT i dont think that it was worth the hassle...

I feel embarrassed by the way that he was loved by my fellow supporters of Notts,doing the Hughsey whenever he scored only inflamed the tension with the away supports that came to Meadow Lane,there was a sharp increase in violence outside the ground during the Munto fiasco and Lee Hughes arrogant winding up of the away fans only made things worst,for some reason he loved the abuse that he got at games....

Anyone signing Ched Evans are asking for trouble no matter how many goals he scores for them...
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 11:37 - Aug 14 with 1225 viewsParkinsGimp

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 11:26 - Aug 14 by itschalky

As you are aware Notts signed Lee Hughes which on a professional level worked out very well for us,BUT i dont think that it was worth the hassle...

I feel embarrassed by the way that he was loved by my fellow supporters of Notts,doing the Hughsey whenever he scored only inflamed the tension with the away supports that came to Meadow Lane,there was a sharp increase in violence outside the ground during the Munto fiasco and Lee Hughes arrogant winding up of the away fans only made things worst,for some reason he loved the abuse that he got at games....

Anyone signing Ched Evans are asking for trouble no matter how many goals he scores for them...

Thanks for that insight from a Notts fan. Yes Lee Hughes was and still is a horrible man, who lived up to the notoriety , where as any decent human being would be ashamed of what he did and just get their head down , do their job and get home.
I am not sure what Ched Evans is like , but I wouldnt want him at the Dale , something unsavoury about cheering a horrible individual , whether he has served his time or not!
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 11:46 - Aug 14 with 1217 viewsSalwaDale

Always a difficult issue. Evans has served his time and should not be denied employment. Same with Hughes and Luke McCormick (who is now club captain at Plymouth). Personally I would need to see a player going the extra mile before I could support him and I would not want Evans. I'd hope a spell in prison would alter a person's character for the better but that isn't always the case.

TBBT

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 12:44 - Aug 14 with 1168 viewsolympicdale

It would guarantee he has the most threads about him, a relief to Georgie.

Life is a game of fate.

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 14:43 - Aug 14 with 1111 viewspnc4eva1

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 10:44 - Aug 14 by D_Alien

The older two go out with their friends at night, but I can assure you they would NEVER allow themselves to be in the situation the girl was in.

As I've previous said, none of that excuses "coming round" to find someone has had sex with you, that you then feel extremely angry and no doubt terribly ashamed about.

The law states that rape took place, since the girl was too inebriated to give consent, although it appears she wasn't too inebriated to give consent to another male. Evans was found guilty. Other male(s) were found not guilty.

Does that make Evans a predatory monster? I'd call him extremely stupid under the circumstances, though guilty as charged.

Whether he was stupid or not he has been convicted of rape. I do not believe he is a predatory monster but he is still a rapist.

The posters I refer to are the ridiculous ones put around accident and emergency rooms stating that 1 in 3 rape victims is drunk. Sweetcorn's post which I responded too appears to indicate that the woman was partly to blame. Ched Evans was to blame as he took advantage of a female who was incapable of defending herself or saying no.

up the dale

Login to get fewer ads

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 15:13 - Aug 14 with 1090 viewssweetcorn

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 14:43 - Aug 14 by pnc4eva1

Whether he was stupid or not he has been convicted of rape. I do not believe he is a predatory monster but he is still a rapist.

The posters I refer to are the ridiculous ones put around accident and emergency rooms stating that 1 in 3 rape victims is drunk. Sweetcorn's post which I responded too appears to indicate that the woman was partly to blame. Ched Evans was to blame as he took advantage of a female who was incapable of defending herself or saying no.

Thankyou for putting words in my mouth, really appreciate that..

So you're saying the girl is 100% not to blame and played no part in getting herself in that situation?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 16:38 - Aug 14 with 1046 viewspnc4eva1

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 15:13 - Aug 14 by sweetcorn

Thankyou for putting words in my mouth, really appreciate that..

So you're saying the girl is 100% not to blame and played no part in getting herself in that situation?

She is blameless. If you fell asleep at a party and woke up after someone had raped you, you also would be blameless. However, from your earlier posts you seem to think that you wouldn't be blameless if that happen to you. Just because she was drunkard incapable does not mean she is available for sex.

Ched Evans took advantage of someone who was defenceless

up the dale

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 16:44 - Aug 14 with 1033 viewsColDale

and just to add to the whole Ched Evans things, guess where the alleged Cliff Richard incident took place?
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 16:48 - Aug 14 with 1021 viewsTVOS1907

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 16:44 - Aug 14 by ColDale

and just to add to the whole Ched Evans things, guess where the alleged Cliff Richard incident took place?

Bramall Lane?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 16:49 - Aug 14 with 1015 viewsColDale

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 16:48 - Aug 14 by TVOS1907

Bramall Lane?

Yes
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 16:50 - Aug 14 with 1012 viewsD_Alien

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 16:38 - Aug 14 by pnc4eva1

She is blameless. If you fell asleep at a party and woke up after someone had raped you, you also would be blameless. However, from your earlier posts you seem to think that you wouldn't be blameless if that happen to you. Just because she was drunkard incapable does not mean she is available for sex.

She wasn't defenceless when she necked so much alcohol that made becoming defenceless a probability.

There is no excuse for non-consensual sex, but there is a degree of culpability on her part, which I suspect she is only too well aware of in retrospect.

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 16:50 - Aug 14 with 1012 viewssweetcorn

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 16:38 - Aug 14 by pnc4eva1

Again read back my post, i believe i said she in no way deserved it, so you should stop posting from the angle insinuating that i believe that to be the case..

However to get yourself so intoxicated that you cant even manage to say the word no is a rather pathetic scenario to find yourself in. If she hadnt drank so much she would have never found herself in the situation she did, ched evans is obviously to blame, but you cant say the girl hasnt played her part.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 17:08 - Aug 14 with 960 viewsColDale

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 16:50 - Aug 14 by D_Alien

She wasn't defenceless when she necked so much alcohol that made becoming defenceless a probability.

There is no excuse for non-consensual sex, but there is a degree of culpability on her part, which I suspect she is only too well aware of in retrospect.

For me its like if someone was to get mugged whilst walking in a well known trouble hotspot late at night. Wouldn't be their fault in the slightest, and the actions of the aggressor would be the sole reason for the attack. But there is an element of personal responsibility that comes into play by ensuring that you do not put yourself into potentially dangerous situations.
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 17:55 - Aug 14 with 920 viewsJimmyRustler

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 10:44 - Aug 14 by D_Alien

I can't say I followed his case much so I'm not really aware of the facts but is that true? The other guys got off because she was said to give consent to them but not Evans?
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:19 - Aug 14 with 894 viewschuckleberry

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 17:55 - Aug 14 by JimmyRustler

I can't say I followed his case much so I'm not really aware of the facts but is that true? The other guys got off because she was said to give consent to them but not Evans?

It doesn't matter how much I have drunk, how deep the gutter I have fallen into or how dark the street I am walking along is, after losing my taxi money along with my dignity, as a female I don't deserve to be raped. Men who take advantage of women in this vulnerable state are scum.

No-one intends getting into that state but occasionally, after one too many wines it happens. Men can get as trashed as they like without the fear of rape; why can't we?
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:25 - Aug 14 with 882 viewsArthurDaley

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 20:14 - Aug 13 by sweetcorn

Since58 and arthurdaley out of interest what in my post warrants negative feedback? He has served his time, has a right to earn a living and is in the top 5, comfortably..

Ow did i get dragged into this, I haven't posted anything on this thread.
And its CAPITAL A for Arthur and CAPITAL D for Daley thank you.

A large VAT Dave

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 20:47 - Aug 14 with 821 viewsD_Alien

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:19 - Aug 14 by chuckleberry

It doesn't matter how much I have drunk, how deep the gutter I have fallen into or how dark the street I am walking along is, after losing my taxi money along with my dignity, as a female I don't deserve to be raped. Men who take advantage of women in this vulnerable state are scum.

No-one intends getting into that state but occasionally, after one too many wines it happens. Men can get as trashed as they like without the fear of rape; why can't we?

I'm sorry, but it's all just too easy to start dismissing men in this situation as scum - although of course, many are!

But, how do we know that in the particular circumstances of this case, Evans hadn't been given an indication of consent, which the girl then either couldn't remember or regretted when sober? It's really not so black and white in many instances.

Now, as far as I know, Evans could be the biggest scumbag since... well, since Lee Hughes - but I really baulk at the simplistic knee-jerking in these instances, as if females were all just simple vulnerable victims and men were all evil predators.

If that's what you think, then continue knee-jerking. But I'll remind you, I have a daughter and responsibility for other young females and I'm willing to take a more nuanced view of the situation.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2014 20:50]

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 21:05 - Aug 14 with 795 viewsnordenblue

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:19 - Aug 14 by chuckleberry

As a woman or anybody else for that matter,they dont deserve to be raped no but you can certainly increase or reduce the risk by your actions on a night out, thats for certain.I seem to remember reading quite a detailed article at the time and thinking that Evans had been dealt with rather harshly given the information available . Either way its a no from me given the unsavoury attention he'd receive
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 22:43 - Aug 14 with 760 viewschuckleberry

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 21:05 - Aug 14 by nordenblue

As a woman or anybody else for that matter,they dont deserve to be raped no but you can certainly increase or reduce the risk by your actions on a night out, thats for certain.I seem to remember reading quite a detailed article at the time and thinking that Evans had been dealt with rather harshly given the information available . Either way its a no from me given the unsavoury attention he'd receive

We shouldn't need to 'increase or reduce the risk'; it shouldn't happen - full stop!

I fail to understand your argument; women should be free to enjoy nights out without the threat of rape/assault. We can't reduce our risk as I previously stated; men who want to rape will do regardless of the situation. What the f*** gives a man the right to treat a woman this way?
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 23:40 - Aug 14 with 740 viewsD_Alien

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 22:43 - Aug 14 by chuckleberry

We shouldn't need to 'increase or reduce the risk'; it shouldn't happen - full stop!

I fail to understand your argument; women should be free to enjoy nights out without the threat of rape/assault. We can't reduce our risk as I previously stated; men who want to rape will do regardless of the situation. What the f*** gives a man the right to treat a woman this way?

Of course women should be free to enjoy their nights out - the vast majority do!

I'm a great believer in women having the right to do whatever they choose to do in life - and many of them can do things much better than their male counterparts. Exam results and the greater than 50% female entry into medical school demonstrate that.

But - how many women would allow themselves to get bladdered and then go along with a group of lary young men back to an unknown destination? Come on, lets please have some balance in this discussion, and stop painting a picture of women as eternal victims and men as eternal bastards.

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 01:07 - Aug 15 with 704 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Got to agree with D.Alien - there is a level of culpability with the girl herself and whilst I also don't know the full details of the case if you get totally wasted and put yourself in a position where you have no real idea what is going on you have to accept that.

I am sure many have been out, got absolutely wasted and ended up in bed with someone in their younger years (well I have) Some of which I regretted afterwards but you just think ah well, never mind and get on with stuff - that's I guess a young blokes perspective (as I was at the time).

What I don't fully get is - if she got so leathered she did not know what she was doing how the hell does she know she did not give consent?

I have no idea if Evans is a bad guy or not, no idea what the overall evidence was etc but there are many cases of false claims made - and funnily enough the false claimee retains anonymity while some poor bastard has had months of hell and hate and his reputation is damaged.

Anyway he would never sign here and doubt we would want him so football wise that bits easier to answer :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 03:42 - Aug 15 with 693 viewsnordenblue

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 22:43 - Aug 14 by chuckleberry

Its not about a man having a right to rape/assault a woman, but exactly the same applies to men all over the country they get totally pissed and end up alone and either assaulted or mugged.Did they deserve it, did the attacker have a right to carry out the assault, most certainly not but one things for sure by getting yourself into a postion where you're that drunk you lose control and dont know whats happening you definitely have increased the chances of such an assault.
Regardless of the sex of a person the fact of the matter is people in general aren't totally free to enjoy a night out without the threat of rape/assault whilst being that intoxicated
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024