Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread 15:27 - Aug 15 with 49652 viewsPhil_S

And so here we are. Just under 14 weeks since we ended last season with a final day victory at Sunderland we start against the same opponents that we started against last season but this time we have to hope for a different result.

Full story at: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35748/manchester-united-v
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:40 - Aug 16 with 3192 viewstherealme

warrafackinwin

Getting Gylfi back is an unbelievable piece of business.

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:45 - Aug 16 with 3154 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:40 - Aug 16 by therealme

warrafackinwin

Getting Gylfi back is an unbelievable piece of business.

Swansea fan on BBC Wales having a go at Mickey Thomas . Perry must be a bit upset, as he had a broad Cardiffian accent

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 18:03 - Aug 16 with 3049 viewsDavillin

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:01 - Aug 16 by londonlisa2001

Fantastic result, absolutely fantastic, but there are more reasons than that to be pleased.

The team defended tightly, were well organised, hunted in packs and demonstrated not only an excellent team spirit but also, key to being able to keep going for what must have been 100 mins overall, we looked fit.

Substitutions also top notch - recognised that Taylor couldn't defend any longer because of the yellow card and changed it pretty much straight away - and well done Tiendalli btw - excellent performance after he came on.

Recognised that Routledge was having more joy than Dyer, so even though Monetro was being brought on to the left, moved Routs across rather than take the easy option and take him off rather than Dyer.

Also, had obviously instructed Rangel to stay further back, meaning that he didn't get exposed for pace and we looked much more solid at the back as a result.

Other positives - Gomis looked very very good - this guy is going to be giving Bony a real run for his place this season and what a joy to have 2 genuinely top class forwards .

Ki was excellent - calm and composed - you could visibly see his confidence once he had scored, and wow, isn't he glad to be back with us. Amat played very well as well.

Fabianski took more high balls with assurance than Vorm did the whole of last season - also cracking save in the first half high to his left and he looked sharp in coming off his line as well a couple of times. Very impressive debut from him.

Our attitude was really top notch - we didn't let our heads drop once they scored, and kept on going even though the referee was definitely giving them as much as he possibly could.
They resorted to hoofing the ball for the final 15 mins which says it all. Very very good start and with a couple more coming in as well, we should all be looking forward to the season ahead.

Perfect analysis, thanks. Saved me a half-hour of composition and did it better.

I might have been tempted to write about one or two who didn't cut the mustard today, but now I'm glad I didn't. And that you didn't.

Can't wait for Burnley's arrival -- and dispatch.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 18:09 - Aug 16 with 3029 viewsDavillin

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:04 - Aug 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Theatrics?
That was the vary same kind of Knee in the back that did for one of the best World Cup players (Neymar) and put him out for the rest of the tournament with a broken bone in his back.

Fellaini should have at least a yellow for that knee and a Red for th backhand to Ki's face.
He got off scot free. Swansea should cite him, Dean did nothing so a Retrospective Red is in order for the backhand.

Ageed. You don't like the "Manchester Limited" fans in the TV commentators' box? How about the one on the pitch with a whistle.

One of the commentators on NBC expressed bewilderment at where the extra two minutes of extra time came from. I tried shouting the answer at him, but I doubt he heard it.

Can't blame Dean, though, because he was only trying to give Manchester Limited the draw.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 18:15 - Aug 16 with 3000 viewsjackypaddywacky

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:01 - Aug 16 by phact0rri

Looking at the table if crystal palace can hold arse-nal to one goal scored... We can have a day in the number one slot.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 17:16]

Palace 1 up
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 18:16 - Aug 16 with 2989 viewsdickythorpe

Super day to be a Swans fan!!!! Daaaaaaarrrrriiiiinnnnkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 18:45 - Aug 16 with 2820 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have a very slight worry, if Rooney's free kick had been an inch or two to the left it would have been in, Fab wouldn't have reached it.
Why do we hardly ever play set pieces like that with players on the posts, or at least one post?
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 18:47 - Aug 16 with 2811 viewsdickythorpe

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 18:45 - Aug 16 by A_Fans_Dad

I have a very slight worry, if Rooney's free kick had been an inch or two to the left it would have been in, Fab wouldn't have reached it.
Why do we hardly ever play set pieces like that with players on the posts, or at least one post?

I have a slight worry, if I'd only predicted the correct 6 numbers for the lottery last Saturday, I would have won it
Login to get fewer ads

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 18:51 - Aug 16 with 2786 viewsVetchitBack

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:23 - Aug 16 by C_jack

First half was spot on, pressed them high and gave them nothing, second half rode our luck, and the combination of such resulted in the winning goal. Happy days, just what we needed.

Always better to be lucky than good. Let's hope for 37 more lottery tickets.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:24 - Aug 16 with 2678 viewsFlashberryjack

"If my auntie had balls"............I think you know the rest.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:32 - Aug 16 with 2636 viewslibertine

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:24 - Aug 16 by Flashberryjack

"If my auntie had balls"............I think you know the rest.

I've just switched from virgin to sky and can't find a re run of the game anywhere

anyone have any ideas where it canbe watched?
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:33 - Aug 16 with 2634 viewsmonmouth

arse, that is all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:39 - Aug 16 with 2607 viewsmonmouth

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:46 - Aug 16 by PozuelosSideys

Hold on. We just won at OT in the first game of the season never having won there in the league before. We looked comfortable for most of it, defensively solid, decent on the break and even Ki looked like an excellent player (more of the same please!).

We have two world class strikers now, an outstanding no.10 and Monk got it tactically correct. We've blown every single moan and gripe out of the water today and people are moaning that we were ugly?

Fck off is it!?

100:% this. Superb. End of.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 20:01 - Aug 16 with 2511 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

Fantastic result, absolutely fantastic, but there are more reasons than that to be pleased.

The team defended tightly, were well organised, hunted in packs and demonstrated not only an excellent team spirit but also, key to being able to keep going for what must have been 100 mins overall, we looked fit.

Substitutions also top notch - recognised that Taylor couldn't defend any longer because of the yellow card and changed it pretty much straight away - and well done Tiendalli btw - excellent performance after he came on.

Recognised that Routledge was having more joy than Dyer, so even though Monetro was being brought on to the left, moved Routs across rather than take the easy option and take him off rather than Dyer.

Also, had obviously instructed Rangel to stay further back, meaning that he didn't get exposed for pace and we looked much more solid at the back as a result.

Other positives - Gomis looked very very good - this guy is going to be giving Bony a real run for his place this season and what a joy to have 2 genuinely top class forwards .

Ki was excellent - calm and composed - you could visibly see his confidence once he had scored, and wow, isn't he glad to be back with us. Amat played very well as well.

Fabianski took more high balls with assurance than Vorm did the whole of last season - also cracking save in the first half high to his left and he looked sharp in coming off his line as well a couple of times. Very impressive debut from him.

Our attitude was really top notch - we didn't let our heads drop once they scored, and kept on going even though the referee was definitely giving them as much as he possibly could.
They resorted to hoofing the ball for the final 15 mins which says it all. Very very good start and with a couple more coming in as well, we should all be looking forward to the season ahead.

Ta save me writing , you must be special,read my mind,
Good post
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 20:03]

:Til I Die,and Beyond. Oi !! It's A Way Of Life.

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 20:36 - Aug 16 with 2391 viewsmax936

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:39 - Aug 16 by monmouth

100:% this. Superb. End of.

Innit, best post I've read all night, I was in a bit of a panic after our surrender to Villarreal last week, but I couldn't believe what i watched today, we were simply awesome.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 20:38 - Aug 16 with 2382 viewsStarsky

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:30 - Aug 16 by Starsky

If we'd heard commentators stating ugly win, lucky win, Montero theatrics ... We'd be up in arms.
However... These are from our very own supporters on this very thread!!!
Just feck off issitt?

Indeed

It's just the internet, init.

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 20:57 - Aug 16 with 2291 viewsSgorioFruit

SgorioFruit and he had a laugh!!!

Sgoriofruitttttttt is back

By george he his back!! You must be joking in jest!!!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 20:58]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 21:28 - Aug 16 with 2183 viewsPrivate_Partz

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 20:57 - Aug 16 by SgorioFruit

SgorioFruit and he had a laugh!!!

Sgoriofruitttttttt is back

By george he his back!! You must be joking in jest!!!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 20:58]

The worst thing we could have done was go there and play beautiful football. It would have played into their hands. We kept our shape and hit them on the break. Team selection, tactics, and substitutions were all spot on. I also thought we played the better football with a surprising amount of hoof from Man U.
A great boost for everyone but if is now back down to earth for the next match. Keeping momentum is very important. Hopefully the new signings will be in place to bolster the bench as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 21:39 - Aug 16 with 2144 viewsairedale

I'm quite confident after today's management performance the The Monk will bring the boys back to Earth ready for a tough 2 games to come at home.

Sods Law states that we have a good chance of less than favourable outcomes with 'home certs' after today.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 21:41]
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 22:12 - Aug 16 with 2063 viewsnantywatcher

Watch that first goal closely 28 passes without a M U player touching the ball before it hit the back of the net. 28 passes.Just saying!
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 22:15 - Aug 16 with 2038 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 20:01 - Aug 16 by Sandfieldshellsangel

Ta save me writing , you must be special,read my mind,
Good post
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 20:03]

Poster of the year form if you ask me

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 01:43 - Aug 17 with 1783 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:14 - Aug 16 by ItchySphincter

Rubbish. We did what we had to do and once settled did it well. Most people wanted to come away from there without us taking a hiding but even in victory there's always one eh.

actually 2; I'm thrilled with the result, but I am not satisfied that we played to our potential or particularly well.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 07:14 - Aug 17 with 1687 viewsdgt73

Excellent Lisa.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 07:19 - Aug 17 with 1684 viewsdgt73

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 01:43 - Aug 17 by JoeSoccerFan

actually 2; I'm thrilled with the result, but I am not satisfied that we played to our potential or particularly well.

It doesn't work like that. If you go to old Trafford and play an expansive game utd will tear you apart (even this shite utd team). You have to go there with a game plan and yesterday Monk was spot on with everything.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 20:51 - Aug 17 with 1513 viewstrampie

The game went the way a lot of Swans fans thought, Swansea having a better team and duly won, I was writing about Siggy and Bony with Gomis to come on against Blackett and James [no Ferdinand, Vidic or Evra] in the week before the game, as it turned out James was on the bench and Lingard played.

Those names mentioned above just show the current standing of both teams.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024