Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread 15:27 - Aug 15 with 49823 viewsPhil_S

And so here we are. Just under 14 weeks since we ended last season with a final day victory at Sunderland we start against the same opponents that we started against last season but this time we have to hope for a different result.

Full story at: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35748/manchester-united-v
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:10 - Aug 16 with 2638 viewsSSSSMJP

Fantastic result, top, top, stuff :-) Bring on Burnley and West Bromwich Ha Ha Ha, West Bromwich Ha Ha Ha Come on you Swanssssssssssssss
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:10 - Aug 16 with 2637 viewsjacksinceever

Brilliant day! Best stream for any game I personally have managed to get, great game (for us and neutrals anyway) and topped off with a brilliant result !
Now we are top of the league and Manure bottom -who'd have thunk it !
To mis-quote Bill McLaren- "They'll be a lot of drunken Swansea Jacks on Wind Street tonight!"

One thing though - hope Montero leaves the theatrics behind.
Otherwise f*****n BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:12 - Aug 16 with 2620 viewshooplehead

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:08 - Aug 16 by jackonicko

Always important to pick up points against the teams in our mini-league.

The challenge will be to see how we do against the top 6

i'm absolutely thrilled... but i thought it looked like two shit teams playing each other

i hope we improve and manage to pass the ball and stuff
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:14 - Aug 16 with 2572 viewsItchySphincter

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:12 - Aug 16 by hooplehead

i'm absolutely thrilled... but i thought it looked like two shit teams playing each other

i hope we improve and manage to pass the ball and stuff

Rubbish. We did what we had to do and once settled did it well. Most people wanted to come away from there without us taking a hiding but even in victory there's always one eh.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:15 - Aug 16 with 2551 viewsStarsky

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 10:21 - Aug 16 by Starsky

You should have said 'official' match day thread mun.
2-1 to the Swans.

Great shout there Starsk.

It's just the internet, init.

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:19 - Aug 16 with 2474 viewsnantywatcher

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:10 - Aug 16 by jacksinceever

Brilliant day! Best stream for any game I personally have managed to get, great game (for us and neutrals anyway) and topped off with a brilliant result !
To mis-quote Bill McLaren- "They'll be a lot of drunken Swansea Jacks on Wind Street tonight!"

Watch it again. Montero's body actually shudders with the force of the impact (typical Fellani)
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:20 - Aug 16 with 2457 viewsunion_jack

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:14 - Aug 16 by ItchySphincter

Rubbish. We did what we had to do and once settled did it well. Most people wanted to come away from there without us taking a hiding but even in victory there's always one eh.

Although you are right Itch, Hooplehead has a point. It was ugly at times and I lost count if the number if passes we misplaced.

We won though. At OT. let's enjoy it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:21 - Aug 16 with 2439 viewsStarsky

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:10 - Aug 16 by jacksinceever

Montero? Theatrics?
You want to see a replay of that and then apologise to Montero!
That Fellaini cheating bastad kneed him right in the back.

Login to get fewer ads

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:22 - Aug 16 with 2421 viewsunion_jack

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:21 - Aug 16 by Starsky

Montero? Theatrics?

That's how I saw it tbh. Looked very painful.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:23 - Aug 16 with 2401 viewsLiberty

Brilliant result.

Think last weeks result / performance againt Villarreal helped us.

Any Man U scouts there, would have reported back on compltely different tactics to those used today.

Well done to Monk to reverting back to tried and trusted shape and giving the players the confidence to go out and play today, when it mattered.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 15:27]

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:23 - Aug 16 with 2390 viewsC_jack

First half was spot on, pressed them high and gave them nothing, second half rode our luck, and the combination of such resulted in the winning goal. Happy days, just what we needed.

Always better to be lucky than good. Let's hope for 37 more lottery tickets.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:25 - Aug 16 with 2359 viewsStarsky

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:23 - Aug 16 by C_jack

First half was spot on, pressed them high and gave them nothing, second half rode our luck, and the combination of such resulted in the winning goal. Happy days, just what we needed.

I wouldn't call it a lucky win, no way.

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:26 - Aug 16 with 2325 viewsperchrockjack

.ugly. Really. How can that word be used today.

Magnificent

Is the word

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:26 - Aug 16 with 2324 viewsmax936

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 13:27 - Aug 16 by Swan91

I'm not sure if anyone agrees but I am feeling more comfortable with fabianski in goal. Especially in set pieces.

Well, he did fine today.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:26 - Aug 16 with 2323 viewsItchySphincter

I don't think we were lucky today. It was functional and it wasn't pretty at times but when we did get the ball down and get our game going we looked equal to them in every position. It was Old Trafford after all, not many teams will pick up points there this season.

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:27 - Aug 16 with 2301 viewsRancid

37 more points and we're safe.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:29 - Aug 16 with 2277 viewshooplehead

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:14 - Aug 16 by ItchySphincter

i think that's probably a fair point

i'm trying to own my sense of perspective

do you think we'll get better at passing and pressing?

i might be in a bit of shock
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 15:30]
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:29 - Aug 16 with 2267 viewsC_jack

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:25 - Aug 16 by Starsky

I wouldn't call it a lucky win, no way.

Don't get me wrong, needed to play the right game first, which we did, and then cashed in on whatever fortune we got, which we did.

Will certainly be drinking to celebrate the papering of cracks tonight.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:30 - Aug 16 with 2260 viewsStarsky

If we'd heard commentators stating ugly win, lucky win, Montero theatrics ... We'd be up in arms.
However... These are from our very own supporters on this very thread!!!
Just feck off issitt?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:32 - Aug 16 with 2226 viewsWatchman

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:20 - Aug 16 by union_jack

Although you are right Itch, Hooplehead has a point. It was ugly at times and I lost count if the number if passes we misplaced.

We won though. At OT. let's enjoy it.

play not at your best and win! 3 quality signings to come! erm!!!!!!!! Utd fan at work (ST holder at OT) said we will put 4/5 on you shame I am on hols for a week!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:32 - Aug 16 with 2223 viewsItchySphincter

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:29 - Aug 16 by hooplehead

i think that's probably a fair point

i'm trying to own my sense of perspective

do you think we'll get better at passing and pressing?

i might be in a bit of shock
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 15:30]

Yes. The opposition has to be taken in to account imo. If Yernited went to Barcelona and turned in a performance and a result like that it would be hailed as a great performance.

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:38 - Aug 16 with 2146 viewsSwan91

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:23 - Aug 16 by C_jack

I disagree with that. They changed their formation and tactics in the second half so it took us time to get used to it. But agree that first half was spot on.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:38 - Aug 16 with 2140 viewsperchrockjack

Lucky. Ugly? More Stella then. I'm halluciating ting ting

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:41 - Aug 16 with 2108 viewsjacksinceever

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:21 - Aug 16 by Starsky

Montero? Theatrics?

I know he did but then a minute later he was still lying on the ground when we broke forward again, then he got up gingerly.
Just splitting hairs really - he's going to be a real handful
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:41 - Aug 16 with 2108 viewsPhil_S

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:29 - Aug 16 by C_jack

Don't get me wrong, needed to play the right game first, which we did, and then cashed in on whatever fortune we got, which we did.

Will certainly be drinking to celebrate the papering of cracks tonight.

You really don't like Garry Monk and anything he can achieve do you??
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024