Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) 22:54 - Oct 2 with 3962 viewsMatch82

Going to see a tribute band tomorrow (my friend is in the supporting act) - any recommendations on a few songs I should check out in advance of the gig?
The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 23:29 - Oct 2 with 3941 viewsRamseyR

Tear It Up. .... Check out a live version to see the intensity. Awesome band.
The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 23:31 - Oct 2 with 3939 viewsDylanP

Their most famous song is their version of the surf classic Surfing Bird. They were part of the bands that used to be known as pyschobilly -- part rockabilly, part punk, all wall of noise. In truth, the Cramps aren't very good. They had a good image, but not a lot of originality or talent. I say that as someone who used to go to their gigs as a kid. My brother even had a Cramps tatoo on his arm (although he swears it was a drunk mistake). But they really are all noise and no clue. That is alright when you are a 13 year old full of teenage angst, but it gets old. I listened to a tape I have of theirs recently and it just hadn't aged well. I still listen to a lot of raucous punk. I saw Stiff Little Fingers in concert a couple of weeks ago and they were great. Of course, maybe the Cramps have improved n the 30 years since I last saw them play.

That's just my opinion, of course. I'd be interested to hear what you think.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 23:35]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 23:54 - Oct 2 with 3920 viewscollegeranger

Goo goo muck! Always my fave by The Cramps

The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 00:01 - Oct 3 with 3917 viewsNW5Hoop

Human Fly, Garbageman, Faster Pussycat, What's Inside a Girl … Listen to the Off the Bone album, which is the best of their early recordings.

Or you could watch the very peculiar film of them playing a mental institution …

The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 01:23 - Oct 3 with 3895 viewsqprnaas

The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 00:01 - Oct 3 by NW5Hoop

Human Fly, Garbageman, Faster Pussycat, What's Inside a Girl … Listen to the Off the Bone album, which is the best of their early recordings.

Or you could watch the very peculiar film of them playing a mental institution …

Great band
The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 01:24 - Oct 3 with 3894 viewsqprnaas

The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 01:23 - Oct 3 by qprnaas

Great band

The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 02:16 - Oct 3 with 3884 viewsSimonJames

I loved The Cramps, particularly "Poison Ivy" Rorschach:

http://static.squarespace.com/static/521fb7d1e4b0137d64ba3221/t/53f3c5ede4b09d2c

Favourite songs: I Ain't Nuthin But A Gorehound, Psychotic Reaction, Thee Most Exalted Potentate Of Love
[Post edited 3 Oct 2014 2:19]

100% of people who drink water will die.

The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 08:01 - Oct 3 with 3840 viewsbosh67

QPR have a tribute band to The Cramps as well, called The Hamstrings.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 09:30 - Oct 3 with 3816 viewsMrSheen

All of the above, plus
Voodoo Idol
Green Fuzz
The Crusher (everybody's doing it)
What's Inside a Girl?

They played the Palais the night before my History A Level. I did the responsible, mature thing. Cursed myself the rest of my life.

Just seen Wikipedia - two of the original line-up have died already. Live fast...
[Post edited 3 Oct 2014 9:34]
The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 09:36 - Oct 3 with 3804 viewsMrSheen

The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 23:31 - Oct 2 by DylanP

Their most famous song is their version of the surf classic Surfing Bird. They were part of the bands that used to be known as pyschobilly -- part rockabilly, part punk, all wall of noise. In truth, the Cramps aren't very good. They had a good image, but not a lot of originality or talent. I say that as someone who used to go to their gigs as a kid. My brother even had a Cramps tatoo on his arm (although he swears it was a drunk mistake). But they really are all noise and no clue. That is alright when you are a 13 year old full of teenage angst, but it gets old. I listened to a tape I have of theirs recently and it just hadn't aged well. I still listen to a lot of raucous punk. I saw Stiff Little Fingers in concert a couple of weeks ago and they were great. Of course, maybe the Cramps have improved n the 30 years since I last saw them play.

That's just my opinion, of course. I'd be interested to hear what you think.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 23:35]

Funny, I never saw them and bitterly regret it. I saw the Gang of Four several times and now can't bear to listen to them. I was mad about Joy Division too, and also couldn't sit through one side of an album any more. It's not you guys, it's me.
The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 09:38 - Oct 3 with 3802 viewsxistens_pet

The album version of this beauty is OK but this version of Rockin' Bones by The Cramps is fantastic. Brownie points if they pull this one out.

The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 09:42 - Oct 3 with 3798 viewsbrewers_hoop

Love The Cramps - one of the best bands I saw live. All of the above, plus Good Taste and Thee Most Exulted Potentate Of Love - both off their brilliant live album Smell of Female - oh and Strychnine and Can Your Pussy Do The Dog
The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 12:05 - Oct 3 with 3774 viewssmegma

I preferred the Gun Club
The Cramps (the band, and non-QPR obviously) on 13:56 - Oct 3 with 3746 viewsMatch82

Thanks all!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024