Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? 18:27 - Oct 10 with 7902 viewsGlyn1

Naturally, I'd like all of Wales to be Swans supporters but the farther east you go, the more the towns and villages become mainly Cardiff supporters. Where do you think that the borderline currently is between places that are predominantly Swans or Bluebirds? Any chance of moving the border a little further east?

If you choose your club when you're a kid, and never change it throughout your lifetime, then 4 years in the PL isn't going to make a big difference, especially if our neighbours return to the PL next season and get the benefits of greater media coverage again.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:32 - Oct 10 with 4159 viewsVetchitBack

Port Talbot seems to be the split. How that has come to be geographically is another debate entirely, especially since Bridgend is the town roughly equidistant?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:40 - Oct 10 with 4116 viewsowainglyndwr

Big changes in Llantrisant towards the Swans on Cardiff's door step
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:43 - Oct 10 with 4089 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Manchester is Blue.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:46 - Oct 10 with 4091 viewsSlugster664

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:32 - Oct 10 by VetchitBack

Port Talbot seems to be the split. How that has come to be geographically is another debate entirely, especially since Bridgend is the town roughly equidistant?

I know lots and lots of Bridgend who are Jacks. Also, a good mate of mine claims that PT is so predominantly White it's embarrassing that the red trash from the east even 'think' that the place is remotely scum!

However, let them claim what they like...they've got fu ck all else

STID

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:49 - Oct 10 with 4075 viewsairedale

Going from Swansea, Haemorrhoid is where the CF postal code starts.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 02:14 - Oct 11 with 3833 viewsChief

Fair few still go up on the window licker bus from Llanelli most weeks. Thettales that come back from their journeys really are something else

But they are products of a by gone pointless rugby mentality age

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:56 - Oct 11 with 3663 viewsoldcob

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:46 - Oct 10 by Slugster664

I know lots and lots of Bridgend who are Jacks. Also, a good mate of mine claims that PT is so predominantly White it's embarrassing that the red trash from the east even 'think' that the place is remotely scum!

However, let them claim what they like...they've got fu ck all else

No way its white, even now. I've lived in Port Talbot nearly 50 years and trust me its 80% blue/red.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:56 - Oct 11 with 3663 viewsjackforever

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 02:14 - Oct 11 by Chief

Fair few still go up on the window licker bus from Llanelli most weeks. Thettales that come back from their journeys really are something else

But they are products of a by gone pointless rugby mentality age

Nothing funnier than spotting a head slapping redturd turk. There isn't a stranger species walking the planet. Remember getting into a little discussion with one on a night out down there a few years ago amazing to see his only reason to support them was because he hated the jacks! Not the brightest.
Login to get fewer ads

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 10:15 - Oct 11 with 3625 viewsjack_lord

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:56 - Oct 11 by oldcob

No way its white, even now. I've lived in Port Talbot nearly 50 years and trust me its 80% blue/red.

Now that is just plain silly.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 11:17 - Oct 11 with 3551 viewsLeonisGod

There's certainly a massive increase in L'pool an Man U fans getting on the trains as you get to Cardiff.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 11:24 - Oct 11 with 3536 viewsPacemaker

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:56 - Oct 11 by oldcob

I wouldn't agree with that, maybe in the older generation but in the under 35s I would say its majority White and when you get to children I would say they are are all premier league fans.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 11:35 - Oct 11 with 3517 viewsWarwickHunt

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:43 - Oct 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Manchester is Blue.

I see Nick has down arrowed this...

Dwight is spot on, Manchester is overwhelmingly blue. I spend a large part of my time in Salford, less than mile from OT, and it's barely 50-50 even there.

Most of the red shirts you see in Manchester on non-matchdays are care in the community types.
Seriously.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 12:03 - Oct 11 with 3467 viewsmonmouth

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 11:24 - Oct 11 by Pacemaker

I wouldn't agree with that, maybe in the older generation but in the under 35s I would say its majority White and when you get to children I would say they are are all premier league fans.

Haha. Ouch.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 12:14 - Oct 11 with 3442 viewsjackforever

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 11:35 - Oct 11 by WarwickHunt

Dwight is spot on, Manchester is overwhelmingly blue. I spend a large part of my time in Salford, less than mile from OT, and it's barely 50-50 even there.

Most of the red shirts you see in Manchester on non-matchdays are care in the community types.
Seriously.

Complete myth. No way is Manchester overwhelmingly blue. Its a massive city and all evidence points to the opposite. Far more united fans than city fans. The fact city failed to sell out a champions league game a couple of weeks ago kind of demonstrates my point. The Manchester is blue stuff is purely down to people having a pop at manure. Nothing wrong with that but its just not true.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 12:16 - Oct 11 with 3437 viewsScoobyWho

And I've been here for 47 years mate, and it's dominantly white.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 15:41 - Oct 11 with 3283 viewsjack247

It's very difficult to actually change allegiance, particularly to your biggest rivals. Long term Swans or Cardiff fans will stick with their team no matter what or where in the country they are.

The type of fans that just support the most successful of the two will always flit from club to club and if both are struggling will go back to supporting the big teams. Obviously you will get a lot more of these in places like Port Talbot and Bridgend, where it is socially acceptable to support either team.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 15:54 - Oct 11 with 3251 viewsAl_Bundy

When i lived in Port Talbot from 1977 - 1982 i would say the fan split was 50/50. The older fans were Cardiff partly to do with the legacy of the steel industry when people moved west and settled bringing their team with them so to speak then their off spring following suit.

The Swansea fanbase grew quite rapidly in the Toshack era when a lot of younger fans jumped on board which suggests to me they are now in their 40's and 50's and if they still live in Port Talbot would make up the bigger element of fans following Swansea over Cardiff. Strange thing was in that era the further east you went in Port Talbot the stronger the swans support and equally the sandfields area of Port Talbot which was more west was more Cardiff at that time.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 16:48 - Oct 11 with 3195 viewsWxmJax

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:43 - Oct 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Manchester is Blue.

And Salford is Red, probably the best reason to go to Uni there ;-)
[Post edited 11 Oct 2014 16:54]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 17:13 - Oct 11 with 3164 viewsepaul

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 11:35 - Oct 11 by WarwickHunt

Seriously.

Who gives a f*ck what Manchester is, I know one thing it is a f*ckng sh*thole, this is a SWANSEA thread

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 18:12 - Oct 11 with 3102 viewsWarwickHunt

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 12:14 - Oct 11 by jackforever

Complete myth. No way is Manchester overwhelmingly blue. Its a massive city and all evidence points to the opposite. Far more united fans than city fans. The fact city failed to sell out a champions league game a couple of weeks ago kind of demonstrates my point. The Manchester is blue stuff is purely down to people having a pop at manure. Nothing wrong with that but its just not true.

Lived there recently, have you?

It's actually quite a small city but Greater Manchester is huge. The outskirts, particularly to the north are mainly red as are the non-Liverpool parts of Cheshire and North Lancs.

Manchester is blue, as anyone who's lived there will tell you.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 19:35 - Oct 11 with 3031 viewsWxmJax

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 18:12 - Oct 11 by WarwickHunt

Lived there recently, have you?

It's actually quite a small city but Greater Manchester is huge. The outskirts, particularly to the north are mainly red as are the non-Liverpool parts of Cheshire and North Lancs.

Manchester is blue, as anyone who's lived there will tell you.

Manchester's not small, population of around half a million if memory serves me right.

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 19:53 - Oct 11 with 3002 viewsWarwickHunt

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 19:35 - Oct 11 by WxmJax

Manchester's not small, population of around half a million if memory serves me right.

Correct, just over.

Not exactly a "massive" city though. Smaller than Sheffield.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:16 - Oct 11 with 2969 viewsSlugster664

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 19:53 - Oct 11 by WarwickHunt

Correct, just over.

Well I'm quite shocked at that

STID

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:29 - Oct 11 with 2950 viewsWxmJax

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 19:53 - Oct 11 by WarwickHunt

Correct, just over.

Incorrect.

In UK terms Manchester IS "massive". Yes, Sheffield is larger but as it is one of the largest cities in The UK then so what, the city of Manchester is STILL one of the largest cities in The UK. Ironically your put down of Jackforever is quite funny because you spend so much time in the neighbouring city of Salford yet think that a city with a population of over half a million is actually quite a small city. Guess you haven't lived there recently.

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:41 - Oct 11 with 2928 viewsmagicdaps10

PT 80% Cardiff, absolutely classic estimation.

By all accounts it has always been a 50/50 split and then during the late nineties and early noughties there was a swing towards Cardiff, during the last 3/4 years there has been a massive swing back in favour towards Swansea.
Trouble with Cardiff fans in PT is that they are quick to shout their loyalties about being a head slappper whilst Swans fans here in PT are much quieter and go about being a swans fan less quietly. The amount of young kids wearing Swans tops to Cardiff tops today......................I would probably bring that 80% back into the equation.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024