Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Standing in seated areas. 13:43 - Oct 18 with 2659 viewsNafelad

Does anyone know if standing in seated areas is against the law, or 'an offence', these days?

I've been watching Man City v Spurs and I can see that everyone is standing in a seated area, as seems to be the same at a lot of other grounds. At Spotland, away fans seem to be allowed to stand in Wilbutts Lane - a seated area.

Another question: if I bought a ticket for a seat and the people in front were standing so that I could not watch the match, would I have any rights , under the 'trade descriptions act, for example?

Topcat

Standing in seated areas. on 13:48 - Oct 18 with 2648 viewsRalphs12

I think it is still classed as an offence yes
Standing in seated areas. on 13:48 - Oct 18 with 2647 viewsTVOS1907

'An offence' and 'against the law' are the same thing, aren't they?

Technically it is an offence, but how strictly it's enforced varies from ground to ground.

Certainly it seems to be something overlooked at Spotland these days.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Standing in seated areas. on 13:58 - Oct 18 with 2624 viewsD_Alien

Standing in seated areas. on 13:48 - Oct 18 by TVOS1907

'An offence' and 'against the law' are the same thing, aren't they?

Technically it is an offence, but how strictly it's enforced varies from ground to ground.

Certainly it seems to be something overlooked at Spotland these days.

"something overlooked"

Not if you were sat behind someone standing!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Standing in seated areas. on 17:55 - Oct 18 with 2470 viewsDomDale

The real point is the law is a nonsense.
If you want to stand you will.
If there's a chance. You stand.
If there's a goal. You stand.
If there's a decision you disagree with. You stand.
If there's a substitution. You stand.

And so on.

It's about time the 1st & 2nd league brought terracing back IMO.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Standing in seated areas. on 19:17 - Oct 18 with 2376 viewsArthurDaley

Standing in seated areas. on 17:55 - Oct 18 by DomDale

And so on.

I understand where you are coming from.

A large VAT Dave

Standing in seated areas. on 09:22 - Oct 19 with 2236 views100569

Standing in seated areas. on 17:55 - Oct 18 by DomDale

And so on.

It doesnt give the people the right to stand up in front of those of us who choose to sit down. We are fortunate at Rochdale in that we have a stand in which you can do exactly that. So, if you want to stand go into the Sandy lane and stand and leave us older people in the TDS to sit and watch in peace. Oh by the way, talking about peace in the TDS it was nice to see that the foul mouthed, abusive individual who ventured in there for the Walsall game wasnt there on Saturday. I can only assume that he too had returned to the Sandy.
Standing in seated areas. on 13:06 - Oct 19 with 2160 viewsMoonyDale

Standing in seated areas. on 09:22 - Oct 19 by 100569

It doesnt give the people the right to stand up in front of those of us who choose to sit down. We are fortunate at Rochdale in that we have a stand in which you can do exactly that. So, if you want to stand go into the Sandy lane and stand and leave us older people in the TDS to sit and watch in peace. Oh by the way, talking about peace in the TDS it was nice to see that the foul mouthed, abusive individual who ventured in there for the Walsall game wasnt there on Saturday. I can only assume that he too had returned to the Sandy.

Yep indeed, he returned to the Sandy and was as foul mouthed and abusive as ever.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Standing in seated areas. on 13:29 - Oct 19 with 2131 viewstazzydjr

If these rules were enforced proper lot of the sandy laners would have banning orders as they stand every away match but i personally think the Rule is stupid as away fans do it at the Willbutts especially when there are big crowds

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Standing in seated areas. on 13:36 - Oct 19 with 2123 viewsTVOS1907

Standing in seated areas. on 13:29 - Oct 19 by tazzydjr

If these rules were enforced proper lot of the sandy laners would have banning orders as they stand every away match but i personally think the Rule is stupid as away fans do it at the Willbutts especially when there are big crowds

Some people do it at the back of TDS too, tbf.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Standing in seated areas. on 13:40 - Oct 19 with 2117 viewssweetcorn

OP you really ought to get out more, who cares if people stand at a game, people want the best match experience and for some that involves standing.

Why wouldn't you just grow a pair and ask the people to sit down instead of trying to get someone via the law.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Standing in seated areas. on 14:49 - Oct 19 with 2068 viewsDomDale

Standing in seated areas. on 09:22 - Oct 19 by 100569

That wasn't really the point I was making.
My point is that most fans stand up and sit down throughout the match anyway and there is 0 issue. So why above L1 is terracing banned?
I go in the Sandy Lane , no problems. I've watched football abroad and seen large terraces, no problems.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Standing in seated areas. on 15:01 - Oct 19 with 2055 viewsroger1803

Standing in seated areas. on 14:49 - Oct 19 by DomDale

That wasn't really the point I was making.
My point is that most fans stand up and sit down throughout the match anyway and there is 0 issue. So why above L1 is terracing banned?
I go in the Sandy Lane , no problems. I've watched football abroad and seen large terraces, no problems.

SC, I used to stand at games but since my knee op i have to stay seated. Its very fustrating having someone stand up in front of you when you are unable to stand yourself.
Standing in seated areas. on 16:01 - Oct 19 with 2021 viewsNafelad

Standing in seated areas. on 13:40 - Oct 19 by sweetcorn

OP you really ought to get out more, who cares if people stand at a game, people want the best match experience and for some that involves standing.

Why wouldn't you just grow a pair and ask the people to sit down instead of trying to get someone via the law.

Sweetcorn, you ought to read posts more carefully. This one is to do with standing in SEATED areas - there's a clue in the title. I enjoy standing at matches sometimes, but if I choose to have a seat in a seated area, I don't expect to have to try to persuade people to sit down, if they are standing in front of me.

I don't see the point of a law existing if it's unenforceable or practically impossible to enforce (and if people share your opinion on the matter, then that would seem to prove my point).
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 12:37]

Topcat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024