Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga 19:39 - Nov 5 with 14248 viewsBFCSupportersTrust

Representatives of the BST committee have been invited by Chris Nathanial to meet with Jose Riga to discuss the background to his departure from BFC.

The meeting is expected to take place in the next 7 days. The venue and timing of the meeting cannot at this stage be confirmed.

As we have been invited to meet with Jose as representatives of all BFC fans we would like to collate a list of questions that any fan ( whether BST member or not ) might wish to submit to us and shortlist those we deem the most suitable to put to Jose. Of course it must be appreciated we cannot guarantee that each and every question submitted will be asked as we will need to vet the questions and don’t at this stage know how much time we will be allowed.

Following the meeting BST will publish a full transcript of the discussions that take place on our website and circulate this on social media.

Any questions must be submitted to secretary@blackpoolsupporterstrust.org by 5pm Sunday 9th November 2014. Questions posed on social media only will not be short listed so do please email them to us.

We look forward to receiving your submissions.

Up the Pool.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 19:57 - Nov 5 with 7532 viewsAllezBlackpool

What good will that do? Can you arrange one with Ince and Thommo too?

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 20:16 - Nov 5 with 7515 viewsSouthStandSeasider

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 19:57 - Nov 5 by AllezBlackpool

What good will that do? Can you arrange one with Ince and Thommo too?

Having spoken to a few people with connections to the club over the past few days, I do wonder if everything was as it seemed with Mr. Riga. Will Watt also made some very interesting comments on Radio Lancashire pre-match tonight.

I'm no fan of KO by any stretch but I suspect this will turn out to be less 'meeting the ex-manager' and more 'character assassination of the chairman'. Will email in a few questions.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:05 - Nov 5 with 7491 viewsTwelveAngryMen

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 20:16 - Nov 5 by SouthStandSeasider

Having spoken to a few people with connections to the club over the past few days, I do wonder if everything was as it seemed with Mr. Riga. Will Watt also made some very interesting comments on Radio Lancashire pre-match tonight.

I'm no fan of KO by any stretch but I suspect this will turn out to be less 'meeting the ex-manager' and more 'character assassination of the chairman'. Will email in a few questions.

Riga's agent Chris asked BST to attend this meeting
To be fair Karl's had his say
Those Committee members attending will go into the meeting and put the questions the fans submit and report back

#footballfirst

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:15 - Nov 5 with 7477 viewsHarryHorse

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:05 - Nov 5 by TwelveAngryMen

Riga's agent Chris asked BST to attend this meeting
To be fair Karl's had his say
Those Committee members attending will go into the meeting and put the questions the fans submit and report back

Does that mean KO has acknowledged BST exist TAM ? That's progress of a sort :)
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:17 - Nov 5 with 7472 viewsBOYBILLY

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:15 - Nov 5 by HarryHorse

Does that mean KO has acknowledged BST exist TAM ? That's progress of a sort :)

not sure what chite brr and wiz can do to silence this meeting.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:48 - Nov 5 with 7444 viewsHarryHorse

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:17 - Nov 5 by BOYBILLY

Interesting to compare the responses on this site to those on the other site on this particular thread
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:49 - Nov 5 with 7444 viewsribble

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:17 - Nov 5 by BOYBILLY

Boybilly

You genuinely think they would they want to do that? Really?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2014 22:20]
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:35 - Nov 5 with 7405 viewsBloodtangerine

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:49 - Nov 5 by ribble

Boybilly

You genuinely think they would they want to do that? Really?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2014 22:20]

Genune question.......why did he not resign on principle if everything he was told before he started turned out to be untrue, Karl wouldnt speak to him, signed not many of the players he wanted........why did he stick around and wait to get the inevitable sack rather than resigning and telling everyone why?

If he has something interesting to say that might help BST possibly in some way......if he is just telling you Karl is this that and the other then not sure what will be learned that is of value as a lot of fans think that already

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

Login to get fewer ads

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:37 - Nov 5 with 7405 viewsrigabeliever

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:35 - Nov 5 by Bloodtangerine

Genune question.......why did he not resign on principle if everything he was told before he started turned out to be untrue, Karl wouldnt speak to him, signed not many of the players he wanted........why did he stick around and wait to get the inevitable sack rather than resigning and telling everyone why?

If he has something interesting to say that might help BST possibly in some way......if he is just telling you Karl is this that and the other then not sure what will be learned that is of value as a lot of fans think that already

Why did he never utilise the loan market when we were crying out for a left back for 3 games - or actually when he had two at his disposal did he choose to put our best midfielder there against Reading!

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:48 - Nov 5 with 7395 viewsTwelveAngryMen

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:35 - Nov 5 by Bloodtangerine

Blood the short answer is we don't know what he will say
The interesting point for me is that he asked us to attend a meeting
Those going will ask a fair selection of fans questions whatever they may be
Let's see what happens

#footballfirst

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:52 - Nov 5 with 7386 viewsWindyMiller

TAM - before you publish Riga's answers are you going to give KO a right of reply

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:54 - Nov 5 with 7383 viewsHarryHorse

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:52 - Nov 5 by WindyMiller

TAM - before you publish Riga's answers are you going to give KO a right of reply

hat would mean KO communicating with BST Windy ..
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:55 - Nov 5 with 7381 viewsBloodtangerine

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:54 - Nov 5 by HarryHorse

hat would mean KO communicating with BST Windy ..

Tim, agreed

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 23:09 - Nov 5 with 7376 viewsTwelveAngryMen

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:52 - Nov 5 by WindyMiller

BST have written and asked to meet with both Karl and Owen
That was before the approach from Jose Riga as well
If either Owen or Karl want to meet to discuss a reply to whatever Jose says we'd welcome that and publish that as well

#footballfirst

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 23:37 - Nov 5 with 7357 viewsWizaard

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:48 - Nov 5 by HarryHorse

Interesting to compare the responses on this site to those on the other site on this particular thread

As a member of BST I'll be submitting questions. Interesting that BOYBILLY has no problem with BST with vetting questions. He'd be apoplectic if BSA suggested any such thing.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 23:37 - Nov 5 with 7357 viewsOldSkool

Excellent news.
Bring it on Jose

Oystains Out!
[Post edited 5 Nov 2014 23:54]
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 23:53 - Nov 5 with 7334 viewsSouthStandSeasider

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 23:37 - Nov 5 by Wizaard

As a member of BST I'll be submitting questions. Interesting that BOYBILLY has no problem with BST with vetting questions. He'd be apoplectic if BSA suggested any such thing.

I suspect you may be on to something there Wiz. Because there's a strong feeling of dislike towards KO, any attempt to engage him in dialogue is automatically seen as a waste of time or a failure. Because people broadly respect Jose, I dare say this will be seen as a great success story. It doesn't really matter what is actually said in either case, people have already made their minds up. Riga was not a perfect manager by any stretch of the imagination and it'll be interesting to see how many questions in this meeting are asked of himself, rather than of just KO.

Regardless, I look forward to hearing what he has to say.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 01:39 - Nov 6 with 7315 viewsWizaard

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 23:53 - Nov 5 by SouthStandSeasider

I suspect you may be on to something there Wiz. Because there's a strong feeling of dislike towards KO, any attempt to engage him in dialogue is automatically seen as a waste of time or a failure. Because people broadly respect Jose, I dare say this will be seen as a great success story. It doesn't really matter what is actually said in either case, people have already made their minds up. Riga was not a perfect manager by any stretch of the imagination and it'll be interesting to see how many questions in this meeting are asked of himself, rather than of just KO.

Regardless, I look forward to hearing what he has to say.

I've submitted a few questions mainly around the discrepancies we've seen in and around transfer dealings.

I'd love to hear Riga's take on it all.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 01:58 - Nov 6 with 7313 viewsseasider13

WHY DID JOSE NOT DYE HIS HAIR ..........?

NO PLAY FOR MR GREY,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 08:45 - Nov 6 with 7270 viewsbrassedoff

I hope BST don't fawn over this guy too much - he's old news and I don't think contributed to this club one jot!

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:40 - Nov 6 with 7219 viewsOldSkool

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 08:45 - Nov 6 by brassedoff

I hope BST don't fawn over this guy too much - he's old news and I don't think contributed to this club one jot!

Except for the small fact that he stood up to the asset stripping clown, who is steadily taking the club back down to his comfort zone.
And seemingly, the only manager to have the balls to do so....and the only manager prepared to spill the beans after the event

Bring it on Jose
[Post edited 6 Nov 2014 21:40]
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:53 - Nov 6 with 7201 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:40 - Nov 6 by OldSkool

Except for the small fact that he stood up to the asset stripping clown, who is steadily taking the club back down to his comfort zone.
And seemingly, the only manager to have the balls to do so....and the only manager prepared to spill the beans after the event

Bring it on Jose
[Post edited 6 Nov 2014 21:40]

I'm with brassedoff - it's just tittle-tattle gathering for the sake of it. A waste of everyone's time, that won't move opinions one iota.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:25 - Nov 6 with 7182 viewsHarryHorse

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:53 - Nov 6 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm with brassedoff - it's just tittle-tattle gathering for the sake of it. A waste of everyone's time, that won't move opinions one iota.

I think the fact that BST have been approached makes it interesting . If it was the other way round I wouldn't be so sure .As it stands for BST to refuse the request would have appeared pretty churlish , besides I can't remember the last time an exiting manager said much publicly . Probably won't change many people's opinions I agree but I don't think its a waste of time, always good to get both side's viewpoints - without that central tenet we wouldn't have these message boards after all
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:35 - Nov 6 with 7174 viewsribble

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:25 - Nov 6 by HarryHorse

I think the fact that BST have been approached makes it interesting . If it was the other way round I wouldn't be so sure .As it stands for BST to refuse the request would have appeared pretty churlish , besides I can't remember the last time an exiting manager said much publicly . Probably won't change many people's opinions I agree but I don't think its a waste of time, always good to get both side's viewpoints - without that central tenet we wouldn't have these message boards after all

If Riga comes across as overly critical of KO it will just look like sour grapes so I'd expect him to be fairly measured in what he says - I think some people are going to be disappointed.

As others have said, I can't see any great value in this really. Personally speaking, I've had quite enough of Oyston and Riga bickering in public. We have to move on.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 23:41 - Nov 6 with 7144 viewsArchibaldKnox

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:53 - Nov 6 by basilrobbiereborn

What a display of closed minds there are here. You should welcome any direct insight into the way our club is run. Listen to what is said by Mr Riga and THEN make your mind up as to its accuracy and relevance. Tittle-tattle it is NOT. It may be the closest we have ever come to gaining understanding of the mindset of our owners. Most other departing managers have been gagged. It is worth hearing both sides. If your opinions are stated as being unmoveable from the outset then, frankly, that is the purest definition of a zealot I know of. Bloody perverse, I call it.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 13:42]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024