Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk 22:26 - Dec 29 with 8126 viewsSwanzay

I post this for a reaction...

Hes getting found out, teams are defending deep against, Why JJS wasn't subbed early on ill never now, Routledge and Dyer look clueless, wayward passing.
Comedy performance tonight, we made Liverpool look like Madrid and never really tested their shit keeper.
we cant do simple anymore....theres a pattern deveoping
Monk on 23:18 - Dec 29 with 1791 viewsBanosswan

Monk on 22:36 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

Ladies and Gents we have a very late contender for the comedy post of the year

Phil, switch the sarcasm radar back on.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Monk on 23:20 - Dec 29 with 1780 viewsyogibear_412

Monk on 23:04 - Dec 29 by icecoldjack

We have been average for ages, only the sheer brilliance of siggy and Fabianski have been masking the overall poor quality of our game.

Nearly every game turns into a backs to the wall scrambling effort even as far back as Burnley at home and the likes of leicster,hull,aston villa,sunderland,everton,west ham .

Our football has been going backwards for ages so maybe this is the kick in the balls that everyone needs including the manager .

Shelvey getting chewed out in the press had the effect of making him even worse but now the numpties will feel slagging him is acceptable because the manager has done it!

Will monk now be slagging Dyer,Routs,Ash,Siggy and Bony in the press too ?

Im never happy to see us get pumped but maybe this is just what we need to burst a few ego's and make us realise we need to be bang on our game and to make sure we keep the fookin; football not just chip it 20 yrds and make every other pass a 50/50.

We have cracking players but we are not playing with on the ball confidence and we are going away from what we are good at, with only Bony,Siggy and Fab masking the short comings.

Here is the modern day football fan, wants wins, performances, eleven players firing non stop every season and every game.

We got a small squad, the best start ever, a manager in his first post and we are doing fine in the league.

I wonder how many other teams are going backwards???

We have some cracking players but cmon....nothing like some of the teams out there.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 23:22]
Monk on 23:20 - Dec 29 with 1780 viewsPhil_S

Monk on 23:17 - Dec 29 by NeiltheTaylor

You don't think we played badly and conceded only two goals?

I don't think he said we conceded only two goals?

And we were poor tonight but nowhere near as poor as we have been painted to be on here, sadly most of our decent play came by the time the game was beyond us
Monk on 23:22 - Dec 29 with 1768 viewsAngelRangelQS

Monk on 23:20 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

I don't think he said we conceded only two goals?

And we were poor tonight but nowhere near as poor as we have been painted to be on here, sadly most of our decent play came by the time the game was beyond us

And lets be honest it was also at Anfield.
Monk on 23:23 - Dec 29 with 1749 viewsPhil_S

Monk on 23:18 - Dec 29 by Banosswan

Phil, switch the sarcasm radar back on.

It's difficult to pick sarcasm out in the waves of depression sinking over the board as we plummet to 9th place
Monk on 23:29 - Dec 29 with 1717 viewsBanosswan

Monk on 23:23 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

It's difficult to pick sarcasm out in the waves of depression sinking over the board as we plummet to 9th place

It is rather demoralising.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Monk on 23:29 - Dec 29 with 1713 viewsicecoldjack

Monk on 23:09 - Dec 29 by AngelRangelQS

Well why the f^ck would he slag off Bony or Siggy?

Well why the fook would he slag off any of his players..in the press?

My point is and lets be frank ,that both Siggy and Bony have been poor by their standards recently, absolutly top level players and 2 that are keeping us in the league on goals alone, but like everyone,including shelvey, they have off days too.

As for being average being acceptable, i disagree.

I don't and never would expect us to be brilliant all the time its not possible for us but i do expect us to play good passing football and maintain the core skills that we have harvested over the last 8 yrs.

Having a world cup Argentina centre half, an ivorian world cup striker with one of the best goal scoring records in europe, a 10m quid icelandic midfielder who bends them in from almost anywhere and a keeper who arsenal wanted to keep a french international striker on 70k a week bolstered to what we already have its not impossible to expect our footballing standards are maintained.

Im far from unrealistic but lets get it straight, we have an astounding group of players playing some of the worst football since we entered the prem league, plain and simple.

This defeat should be good for actually refocusing our core values,least i hope so .
Monk on 23:29 - Dec 29 with 1712 viewsRancid

Liverpool flew out the box and straight into us and we simply couldn't cope.As soon as we had the ball (rarely), they pressed us so quickly we were forced into panic passing.Rodgers went about his job very well tonight and we were found wanting.Let's hope the rest of the managers in the league weren't watching tonight because that was the way to nullify us.

We need 3 or 4 signings in January.A RB is a must, a CM ( not the Exeter lad), someone with a bit of fight, a hardman.The way Coutinho danced his way through our midfield tonight was shambolic.Even Charlie Adam managed it at the Victoria ground against it.Leon must be in his last season with us so he'll need replacing and I'd look at bringing a winger in as Routledge has his feet up, cigar out, now he's got his contract.

We have this Oliviera coming in to push Gomis I'm guessing whilst Wilf is away.Gomis done well tonight but we don't want to be relying on a Portuguese striker with a poor goalscoring record as back up should it not happen for Bafa.Gonna be a difficult month for us I think and will level our season out for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk on 23:32 - Dec 29 with 1690 viewsPhil_S

Monk on 23:29 - Dec 29 by Banosswan

It is rather demoralising.

Indeed, I think retirement for the evening is in order.

Roll on Thursday - god help us all if we lose!
Monk on 23:35 - Dec 29 with 1666 viewsGeoffThom

Monk on 23:29 - Dec 29 by Rancid

Liverpool flew out the box and straight into us and we simply couldn't cope.As soon as we had the ball (rarely), they pressed us so quickly we were forced into panic passing.Rodgers went about his job very well tonight and we were found wanting.Let's hope the rest of the managers in the league weren't watching tonight because that was the way to nullify us.

We need 3 or 4 signings in January.A RB is a must, a CM ( not the Exeter lad), someone with a bit of fight, a hardman.The way Coutinho danced his way through our midfield tonight was shambolic.Even Charlie Adam managed it at the Victoria ground against it.Leon must be in his last season with us so he'll need replacing and I'd look at bringing a winger in as Routledge has his feet up, cigar out, now he's got his contract.

We have this Oliviera coming in to push Gomis I'm guessing whilst Wilf is away.Gomis done well tonight but we don't want to be relying on a Portuguese striker with a poor goalscoring record as back up should it not happen for Bafa.Gonna be a difficult month for us I think and will level our season out for us.

You also make good points bar the Liverpool flew out of the blocks ,no they didn't the first 20 mins by both sides were awful as for the pressing your right but we used to do that and needed too tonight but we don't anymore and it's going to bite us on the ass
Monk on 23:40 - Dec 29 with 1652 viewsicecoldjack

Monk on 23:20 - Dec 29 by yogibear_412

Here is the modern day football fan, wants wins, performances, eleven players firing non stop every season and every game.

We got a small squad, the best start ever, a manager in his first post and we are doing fine in the league.

I wonder how many other teams are going backwards???

We have some cracking players but cmon....nothing like some of the teams out there.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 23:22]

What a daft post, you obviously know fook all .

We had an even smaller squad last season with all the injuries yet a bloke lost his job for footballing principles being eroded and the football not being good enough at West Ham, y'know the exact same place where we were even worse a few weeks back..with an almost full squad of players.

Modern football fan i aint thats for sure ! if it was a bad day at the office then great but be honest our football is getting worse but with better players in the team now than we have ever had.

Like i said, i honestly think this is exactly what we need, a few bruised ego's and a reality check.

Don't be one of those people that think we have no right to perform at Anfield, we have been doing it since we arrived at this level,with lesser players than we have now and yet again it was one of the reasons for getting rid of the last manager wasn't it ? not performing against the big teams because they play for other things etc,etc.
Monk on 23:41 - Dec 29 with 1645 viewsAngelRangelQS

Monk on 23:29 - Dec 29 by icecoldjack

Well why the fook would he slag off any of his players..in the press?

My point is and lets be frank ,that both Siggy and Bony have been poor by their standards recently, absolutly top level players and 2 that are keeping us in the league on goals alone, but like everyone,including shelvey, they have off days too.

As for being average being acceptable, i disagree.

I don't and never would expect us to be brilliant all the time its not possible for us but i do expect us to play good passing football and maintain the core skills that we have harvested over the last 8 yrs.

Having a world cup Argentina centre half, an ivorian world cup striker with one of the best goal scoring records in europe, a 10m quid icelandic midfielder who bends them in from almost anywhere and a keeper who arsenal wanted to keep a french international striker on 70k a week bolstered to what we already have its not impossible to expect our footballing standards are maintained.

Im far from unrealistic but lets get it straight, we have an astounding group of players playing some of the worst football since we entered the prem league, plain and simple.

This defeat should be good for actually refocusing our core values,least i hope so .

It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that this was his final throw of the dice with Shelvey. He hasn't criticised one player publically in 10 months so looks like a one off.

Bony and Siggy both been a bit ropey I agree but siggy scored 2 in 2 now and Bony is coming off a decent scoring run. Makes no sense to criticise them publically.

I agree we've got some excellent players but so have a lot of other clubs. We aren't the only club to spend money so can't expect it all our own way. We spent £10m on an attacking midfielder, Spurs had the luxury of spending 10m on a left back (including a player we were chasing who hasnt played much) and they're only 3 points better off than us. Everton spent £28m on Lukaku plus they've signed some others (including a player we were chasing who hasnt played much) and are 7 points worse off.

We've been superb at times this season. As much as we have been in previous seasons. It wasn't all sunshine and lollipops under BR and ML, despite what some would have us believe.
Monk on 23:45 - Dec 29 with 1621 viewsicecoldjack

Monk on 23:41 - Dec 29 by AngelRangelQS

It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that this was his final throw of the dice with Shelvey. He hasn't criticised one player publically in 10 months so looks like a one off.

Bony and Siggy both been a bit ropey I agree but siggy scored 2 in 2 now and Bony is coming off a decent scoring run. Makes no sense to criticise them publically.

I agree we've got some excellent players but so have a lot of other clubs. We aren't the only club to spend money so can't expect it all our own way. We spent £10m on an attacking midfielder, Spurs had the luxury of spending 10m on a left back (including a player we were chasing who hasnt played much) and they're only 3 points better off than us. Everton spent £28m on Lukaku plus they've signed some others (including a player we were chasing who hasnt played much) and are 7 points worse off.

We've been superb at times this season. As much as we have been in previous seasons. It wasn't all sunshine and lollipops under BR and ML, despite what some would have us believe.

Was it 10 months since he publically slagged off Rangel after the Hull game (think it was Hull away)?

I agree though that it may have been a final roll of the dice, but not many managers go to the public to make that throw.
Monk on 23:48 - Dec 29 with 1606 viewsAngelRangelQS

Monk on 23:45 - Dec 29 by icecoldjack

Was it 10 months since he publically slagged off Rangel after the Hull game (think it was Hull away)?

I agree though that it may have been a final roll of the dice, but not many managers go to the public to make that throw.

I think Rangel admitted it himself first didn't he?

No they dont usually but Shelvey is an absolute basket case of a footballer, isn't he?
Monk on 23:53 - Dec 29 with 1584 viewsicecoldjack

Monk on 23:48 - Dec 29 by AngelRangelQS

I think Rangel admitted it himself first didn't he?

No they dont usually but Shelvey is an absolute basket case of a footballer, isn't he?

Then why play him away at Anfield ?

knowing he is even more of a basket case against his former club where emotion gets a hold of him ?
Monk on 00:20 - Dec 30 with 1510 viewsBloodyhills

Monk on 22:41 - Dec 29 by Kilkennyjack

Its our passing style and pattern that is missing in action that concerns. Lacking the real control on games that we once almost took for granted. Perhaps Gary needs some extra support in this area ? Clearly results are very good but we cant afford to ignore the signs.....

I agree, where has our ability to pass and control simple balls gone.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Monk on 00:29 - Dec 30 with 1496 viewsicecoldjack

Monk on 00:20 - Dec 30 by Bloodyhills

I agree, where has our ability to pass and control simple balls gone.

Loads of people have been saying the same thing mate.

Our chairman has been saying it since last season "football principles being eroded" etc .

The guy is a visionary ..
Monk on 00:37 - Dec 30 with 1480 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I noticed Monks give Brendan a hug at the end but only shook Colin Pascoe's hand. Pascoe looked momentarily upset by this, but I think it was Monk rejecting his part in the coaching of the passing game

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Monk on 08:01 - Dec 30 with 1335 viewsdameedna

master stroke
Monk on 08:09 - Dec 30 with 1320 viewsBloodyhills

Monk on 22:53 - Dec 29 by yogibear_412

This thread is pure balls. We were getting dicked away from home every other week when we had Rodgers in charge. We didn't win away until the new year v villa in our first year. Playing our style away from home is difficult to impose on a home team which is expected to make the gains. I for one have enjoyed the footy under monk - and yes we are punching above our weight and people need to climb down from whatever expectations they may have.

It's his first managing post ffs

It's not as if we impose our passing game at home either. We are generally hanging on by our finger nails. In the past we would have just kept the ball and that would have been that.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Monk on 08:13 - Dec 30 with 1311 viewswaynekerr55

Monk on 00:29 - Dec 30 by icecoldjack

Loads of people have been saying the same thing mate.

Our chairman has been saying it since last season "football principles being eroded" etc .

The guy is a visionary ..

Yet the stats say otherwise about our passing game. No offence mate but we were gutless towards the end of the sulking ones reign. He was brilliant for us, but he lost his job due to a shambles of a set up. Wasn't it also said by Saint Michael that "passing without purpose is pointless"?

Have we been as fluid as we could and should? No, but it's a 38 game season. Reading some posts on here you'd swear Monk has turned us into Stoke!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Monk on 08:20 - Dec 30 with 1296 viewsDrizzy

Monk on 23:04 - Dec 29 by icecoldjack

We have been average for ages, only the sheer brilliance of siggy and Fabianski have been masking the overall poor quality of our game.

Nearly every game turns into a backs to the wall scrambling effort even as far back as Burnley at home and the likes of leicster,hull,aston villa,sunderland,everton,west ham .

Our football has been going backwards for ages so maybe this is the kick in the balls that everyone needs including the manager .

Shelvey getting chewed out in the press had the effect of making him even worse but now the numpties will feel slagging him is acceptable because the manager has done it!

Will monk now be slagging Dyer,Routs,Ash,Siggy and Bony in the press too ?

Im never happy to see us get pumped but maybe this is just what we need to burst a few ego's and make us realise we need to be bang on our game and to make sure we keep the fookin; football not just chip it 20 yrds and make every other pass a 50/50.

We have cracking players but we are not playing with on the ball confidence and we are going away from what we are good at, with only Bony,Siggy and Fab masking the short comings.

The last paragraph is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Take ANY team's 3 best players away and they'd be significantly worse FFS.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 8:20]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Monk on 08:27 - Dec 30 with 1277 viewsJethroJack

Agreed.
I wouldn't touch Warnock with a barge-pole.
It's Alan Irvine for me, every time!
Monk on 09:00 - Dec 30 with 1243 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on 23:13 - Dec 29 by swancity

The reason we have been average for ages is that we are exactly that, an average Premier League team. The key words being Premier League. And if can remain an average Premier League team for years to come it will be some achievement.

We conceded two bad goals tonight but didn't play too badly. Sometimes a reality check is required. We are an average Premier League Club. 80 odd Clubs in the four divisions would be delighted to achieve such status.

We didn't play too badly? We couldn't pass the ball , had absolutely NO control and fluked a goal which our efforts really didn't deserve up to that point TBH. Bony going through the motions , Siggy ditto until his tap in then once again anonymous, no one provided any kind of outlet and we coughed up possession almost every time!

Dyer looked confused and covered a hell of a lot of ground helping out Jazz in the first half, Routledge's touch seems to have momentarily deserted him and Leon was struggling a little too. We have been predictable for quite a while now but the ease with what an average Liverpool team waltzed past us last night shocked me. Brendan must be still thanking us now for that belated Christmas present , saving his job for the time being and in all honesty when the third went in I was expecting 5 or 6.

There is a serious unbalance in our midfield that needs addressing pronto. I felt sorry for JJS who at times did some good bright things and always tried but he'll get pilloried for the OG and the backhand slap. Ditto for Fabianski who after his mistake pulled off some good saves.

Yes we are in the upper echelons of the PL. Yes we do have our highest PL points total so far. But wouldn't natural progression have (with the way we've bought and sold and picked up some real bargains that have done magnificently for us) taken us further to expect better finishes? Someone has made the point that Rodgers sides were getting dicked away from home. That was our first season in the top flight for 30 odd years! And in an arguably stronger PL than we are experiencing now. There's the real reason for our progress this year, we've stumbled past even ropier teams than ourselves by the odd goal. I don't find that a reason for jumping up and down and popping champagne corks like the BYHOFS brigade on here.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk on 09:05 - Dec 30 with 1223 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on 23:22 - Dec 29 by AngelRangelQS

And lets be honest it was also at Anfield.

Let's be honest, it's 2014 not 1976-1985 .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024