Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk 22:26 - Dec 29 with 8127 viewsSwanzay

I post this for a reaction...

Hes getting found out, teams are defending deep against, Why JJS wasn't subbed early on ill never now, Routledge and Dyer look clueless, wayward passing.
Comedy performance tonight, we made Liverpool look like Madrid and never really tested their shit keeper.
we cant do simple anymore....theres a pattern deveoping
Monk on 09:22 - Dec 30 with 1433 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on 08:13 - Dec 30 by waynekerr55

Yet the stats say otherwise about our passing game. No offence mate but we were gutless towards the end of the sulking ones reign. He was brilliant for us, but he lost his job due to a shambles of a set up. Wasn't it also said by Saint Michael that "passing without purpose is pointless"?

Have we been as fluid as we could and should? No, but it's a 38 game season. Reading some posts on here you'd swear Monk has turned us into Stoke!

Yet under St Michael we could still pass accurately enough to control games. We look nothing like that at present. It's now apparent that the reason for ML's major "Monk on" (scuse the pun) was that having been through the EL once he knew just HOW much it was going to take out of our small squad. He probably felt he was on a hiding to nothing and perhaps that did show in the performances against the big teams and most tellingly against WHU.

Getting rid of him though should not have been influenced by a deputation of players , some of whom were never going to play again. This has seen us step backwards as a club.

As for Yogi's assertion about the small squad, who's fault is that? We have failed to strengthen in 3 key areas , RB, LB and CDM. I fear we will see a downturn between now and the seasons end, although we will comfortably survive which should paper over the cracks a little.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk on 09:28 - Dec 30 with 1415 viewswaynekerr55

Monk on 09:22 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Yet under St Michael we could still pass accurately enough to control games. We look nothing like that at present. It's now apparent that the reason for ML's major "Monk on" (scuse the pun) was that having been through the EL once he knew just HOW much it was going to take out of our small squad. He probably felt he was on a hiding to nothing and perhaps that did show in the performances against the big teams and most tellingly against WHU.

Getting rid of him though should not have been influenced by a deputation of players , some of whom were never going to play again. This has seen us step backwards as a club.

As for Yogi's assertion about the small squad, who's fault is that? We have failed to strengthen in 3 key areas , RB, LB and CDM. I fear we will see a downturn between now and the seasons end, although we will comfortably survive which should paper over the cracks a little.

Yeah so accurately that we were plummeting at a rate of knots.

Taken a step back even though we've more points?

We'll have to agree to disagree. No hard feelings and all that

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Monk on 09:30 - Dec 30 with 1404 viewsDr_Winston

There are issues with the way things are now. For me it's the lack of tempo/pressing all over the park that hurts us most. When we do it we look a much, much better team, and it's a puzzle as to why we don't do it more often.

Nobody should be pining for the last days of Laudrup though. If ever a manager was the architect of his own demise it was him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk on 09:34 - Dec 30 with 1397 viewswaynekerr55

Monk on 09:30 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

There are issues with the way things are now. For me it's the lack of tempo/pressing all over the park that hurts us most. When we do it we look a much, much better team, and it's a puzzle as to why we don't do it more often.

Nobody should be pining for the last days of Laudrup though. If ever a manager was the architect of his own demise it was him.

Probably fatigue, which brings me back to my previous discussions about Oscar the great .

However we've played some blinding stuff this year, yet it's all forgotten after a thumping and the fact that we've done something that we never used to - grinding out wins

Football - all about opinions

Monk on 09:35 - Dec 30 with 1396 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on 09:28 - Dec 30 by waynekerr55

Yeah so accurately that we were plummeting at a rate of knots.

Taken a step back even though we've more points?

We'll have to agree to disagree. No hard feelings and all that

Absolutely not Wayne. However is it not entirely feasible that the standard of the PL have dropped at a faster rate than ours, therefore making us better off by default? Last season the top 6 or 7 were the usual suspects (bar Man U) who were all playing very well , Liverpool exceeding their expectations as well as Everton ? This season West Ham are in the top 4! Under Sam Allardyce! He has done fantastically well to bring Song in in loan. Imagine how we would be with him at CDM !

Monk on 09:37 - Dec 30 with 1382 viewsDr_Winston

Monk on 09:34 - Dec 30 by waynekerr55

Probably fatigue, which brings me back to my previous discussions about Oscar the great .

However we've played some blinding stuff this year, yet it's all forgotten after a thumping and the fact that we've done something that we never used to - grinding out wins

It wasn't as bad a performance as West Ham (seem to be saving our worst for Sky these days), but it certainly magnified a few of the key areas for improvement.

Hopefully we're good to go in the January market. We can't go for the rest of the season with Jazz as first alternative at RB, and Neil "can't attack, won't attack" Taylor on the left.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 9:42]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk on 09:54 - Dec 30 with 1351 viewsyogibear_412

Monk on 09:22 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

By the end of Michael Laudrups reign we were toothless - we played so narrow we might as well had the ball boys sitting on the line. In my opinion we were regressing faster then than anytime in this season. By the time we had worked the ball to the opposition penalty box we had no ideas or creativity. Thus season when we get near we seem a lot more assertive (particularly at home)

January is going to be hard and we will suffer. But put things into perspective for gods sake

As for my assertion of a small squad I'm simply quoting what monk has stated at press conferences. It is a small squad.
Monk on 09:57 - Dec 30 with 1344 viewsdobjack2

This board is starting to resemble a CCFC board. We should win every game playing well and not let other teams dominate us. Unfortunately that only happens in fantasy football.

We strengthened in the summer so some people expect us to finish higher in the table.

Logical only if no other team strengthened their squads.

In this league a team like ours needs to improve the squad every season with a few players just to stay where we are. Even the teams at the bottom of the table aren't mugs - there are no easy games.

Weaknesses in the squad which have been discussed on this forum were exposed last night. Two starting full backs and a ball winning midfielder will be required next season and hopefully some of these can be picked up in the next window.

We were linked with a left back and defensive midfielders in the last window. The midfielders went elsewhere and the full back stayed put from memory.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk on 10:03 - Dec 30 with 1328 viewsJokeren1943

Just show how much our game depend on Ki.
Monk on 10:07 - Dec 30 with 1319 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on 09:57 - Dec 30 by dobjack2

This board is starting to resemble a CCFC board. We should win every game playing well and not let other teams dominate us. Unfortunately that only happens in fantasy football.

We strengthened in the summer so some people expect us to finish higher in the table.

Logical only if no other team strengthened their squads.

In this league a team like ours needs to improve the squad every season with a few players just to stay where we are. Even the teams at the bottom of the table aren't mugs - there are no easy games.

Weaknesses in the squad which have been discussed on this forum were exposed last night. Two starting full backs and a ball winning midfielder will be required next season and hopefully some of these can be picked up in the next window.

We were linked with a left back and defensive midfielders in the last window. The midfielders went elsewhere and the full back stayed put from memory.

We strengthened at CB and CF. We got Siggy in to replace a knackered ou Michu, losing a best '10' through injury and LB into the bargain. We had 4 decent CB's , we gave one of them away and spent 8 million on his replacement. We spent roughly 4 million of Gomis' signing on fee and big wages and we've hardly used him.

Is it a surprise that we couldn't strengthen LB, RB and CDM ? Although those positions were top priorities??

Monk on 10:57 - Dec 30 with 1280 viewsdobjack2

Monk on 10:07 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

We strengthened at CB and CF. We got Siggy in to replace a knackered ou Michu, losing a best '10' through injury and LB into the bargain. We had 4 decent CB's , we gave one of them away and spent 8 million on his replacement. We spent roughly 4 million of Gomis' signing on fee and big wages and we've hardly used him.

Is it a surprise that we couldn't strengthen LB, RB and CDM ? Although those positions were top priorities??

We couldn't finalze the deal with the French full back and were linked with both besic and stambouli.

My point is that we appeared to be looking for a starting left back and defensive midfielder on top of what we brought in. Two of the positions where we appear weak and other posters have been calling for everyone's heads because we didn't sign people in these positions.

We replaced Chico and vorm with better players, and our additional strengthening was montero and gomis.

We tried and failed to replace Ben and brought Carroll on loan.

The squad was strengthened but could do with additional strengthening. If we were looking for a left back and defensive midfielder in the summer that will not have changed based on our performances.
Monk on 11:03 - Dec 30 with 1265 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on 10:57 - Dec 30 by dobjack2

We couldn't finalze the deal with the French full back and were linked with both besic and stambouli.

My point is that we appeared to be looking for a starting left back and defensive midfielder on top of what we brought in. Two of the positions where we appear weak and other posters have been calling for everyone's heads because we didn't sign people in these positions.

We replaced Chico and vorm with better players, and our additional strengthening was montero and gomis.

The squad was strengthened but could do with additional strengthening. If we were looking for a left back and defensive midfielder in the summer that will not have changed based on our performances.

Absolutely agree on Vorm , Fab is a huge upgrade . So is Fernandez on Chico but with the others we had was it worth spending £8 million quid on another CB? Was it worth spending big on Gomis when perhaps the £8 million for Fede and the Gomis cash (£4 million at least) we could have offered better packages for those full backs and a CDM?

That's what I'm saying.

Monk on 11:06 - Dec 30 with 1253 viewsdobjack2

Sorry montero was also a replacement and gomis could be considered a replacement for vasquez
Monk on 11:14 - Dec 30 with 1231 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on 11:06 - Dec 30 by dobjack2

Sorry montero was also a replacement and gomis could be considered a replacement for vasquez

Monte to an absolute beast of a signing. Great work by the club

Monk on 11:17 - Dec 30 with 1230 viewsicecoldjack

Monk on 09:34 - Dec 30 by waynekerr55

We have played some fantastic stuff indeed, for 30 mins before getting sussed out by the opposition manager .

Look, whatever way you wanna slice it , its clear to see our football is changing for the worse, it may be a poor run of form , it may be the players need a reality check but its clear we arnt the same team .

Monk thought we played ok yesterday, i beg to differ and many more people feel the same way.

Bottom line is that we all want the swans to do well but many are seeing an erosion of the good football we have played for years, yet we are buying top end footballers along the way and achieving less good football which to alot of people seems bit odd.

I think a defeat like this is probably a good thing in the long run, for everyone concerned fans included.
Monk on 14:32 - Dec 30 with 1174 viewsdobjack2

Monk on 11:03 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Absolutely agree on Vorm , Fab is a huge upgrade . So is Fernandez on Chico but with the others we had was it worth spending £8 million quid on another CB? Was it worth spending big on Gomis when perhaps the £8 million for Fede and the Gomis cash (£4 million at least) we could have offered better packages for those full backs and a CDM?

That's what I'm saying.

Understand where you are coming from and would agree. However we have used all 4 cb's this season.
Monk on 14:58 - Dec 30 with 1153 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk on 10:57 - Dec 30 by dobjack2

We knew we needed a DM ever since Canas was put on the naughty step.

Leon looks way off the pace, Ki is away for a while and on top of that we've got Shelvey being called a thick lazy tw@t in the national press by our manager.

Looking a bit thin in midfield now, to say the least.
Monk on 16:15 - Dec 30 with 1085 views3swan

Monk on 09:30 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

"For me it's the lack of tempo/pressing all over the park that hurts us most. When we do it we look a much, much better team, and it's a puzzle as to why we don't do it more often. "

Totally agree, without a high tempo we are caught flatfooted, with no support play from other players.

We bring the game down to a walking pace and cause ourselves the most problems
Monk on 16:58 - Dec 30 with 1048 viewsAnotherJohn

Monk on 14:58 - Dec 30 by WarwickHunt

Leon looks way off the pace, Ki is away for a while and on top of that we've got Shelvey being called a thick lazy tw@t in the national press by our manager.

It is interesting to see that Canas is doing okay with Espanyol and is valued by Transfermarkt.com at £3.96 million. I don't know who did what and am not saying he could have stayed, but we seem to have lost out there.
Monk on 18:21 - Dec 30 with 987 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on 14:58 - Dec 30 by WarwickHunt

Garry said it was looking a bit dim the other day

Monk on 18:24 - Dec 30 with 976 viewsbluenile

Monk on 22:35 - Dec 29 by taff999555

Monk out. Simple. Time to change before it's too late. Get neil warnock in, have us show a bit of fight.

Red this fecker up!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Monk on 18:26 - Dec 30 with 968 viewsDrizzy

Monk on 16:58 - Dec 30 by AnotherJohn

It is interesting to see that Canas is doing okay with Espanyol and is valued by Transfermarkt.com at £3.96 million. I don't know who did what and am not saying he could have stayed, but we seem to have lost out there.

No we haven't. He was distinctly average during his time here but for one or two good performances and by all accounts was a nuisance.

The pining for these mediocre players after a loss is hilarious. The squad is in fantastic shape it just needs a few key pieces at full-back and in midfield. We evidently tried to fix these in the summer but failed to capture our targets. I'd rather we sit back and wait than sign inferior stop-gap players such as Tiendalli.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 18:33]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Monk on 18:29 - Dec 30 with 963 viewswaynekerr55

Monk on 18:26 - Dec 30 by Drizzy

No we haven't. He was distinctly average during his time here but for one or two good performances and by all accounts was a nuisance.

The pining for these mediocre players after a loss is hilarious. The squad is in fantastic shape it just needs a few key pieces at full-back and in midfield. We evidently tried to fix these in the summer but failed to capture our targets. I'd rather we sit back and wait than sign inferior stop-gap players such as Tiendalli.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 18:33]

Aye. Canas, the man who runs around like an excitable Spaniel.

F*ck it, whilst we're at it lets bring Schecter back, he used to run around a lot...

Monk on 18:32 - Dec 30 with 951 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Do I sense A presence who should be on the Liverpool MB?

Monk on 18:40 - Dec 30 with 930 viewsDrizzy

Monk on 18:29 - Dec 30 by waynekerr55

Aye. Canas, the man who runs around like an excitable Spaniel.

F*ck it, whilst we're at it lets bring Schecter back, he used to run around a lot...

Innit. He was one of the worst for being scared to pass forwards as well, every time he attempted it he gave the bloody ball away. Leon has certainly lost a step but is still far more effective because of his positional sense.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024