Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread 15:57 - Jan 6 with 17467 viewsC_jack

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:46 - Jan 6 with 3251 viewssomersetsimon

At least Gomis will be happy now.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:48 - Jan 6 with 3229 viewssomersetsimon

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:25 - Jan 6 by max936

We have already, Nelson Oliveira, Gomis will be our main Striker now.

We don't know much about Oliviera, but if he's any good, we won't need to rush to buy another striker this January.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:50 - Jan 6 with 3212 viewsblaine_scfc

£30 million, unbelievable how we have got to the stage where we are selling players for that much. It's a fair price, but wasn't expecting to get that, how often do you see bigger teams bullying clubs to sell at lower price. Well played Huw and thanks Wilf for the memories. Absolutely quality player.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:51 - Jan 6 with 3197 viewsmonmouth

Bugger. I'd hoped we could hang on until summer. Oh well, we've lost so many 'irreplaceable' players and managers now I guess we'll cope well enough.

As I did with Jason Scotland, I hope he makes it (better than Jason did for sure). Man City chew up people though...remember Negredo...the new 'best striker ever'. What happened to him? I honestly have no idea. Plus Aguerro is top dog there all day long and Djeko and the other mega million bloke will be competing for that one or two spots. He's got to give it a shot though obviously, as did Sinclair.

I doubt we could take a player exchange from City or Chelsea for those that are advocating it. Those sort of clubs ruin the market with their stupid wages (and fees for that matter).

Shame about Bony if it happens, but there we are. Way of the world.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:52 - Jan 6 with 3183 viewsPacemaker

What if they offered Micah Richards and a centre forward plus Scott Sinclair but less or no money?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:59 - Jan 6 with 3101 viewsthomasJack

Swansea City have held talks with Manchester City over Wilfried Bony - but insist there has been no offer yet

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-held-talks-Manchester-City-

Poll: Next signing

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:01 - Jan 6 with 3080 viewsNOTRAC

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:46 - Jan 6 by LeonisGod

I think you're right Lisa, but for the wrong reasons. I think this is one of the very few occasions where we could turn a deal of such size down. He's possibly the best player we've had with years of football still in him and his value is immeasurable. Finances are tight, but we are not broke and in a better position than many. His value to the club over the time he *could* be with us would far outweigh a transfer fee. I don't just mean literally in terms of cash value and income generated through higher placed finishes, etc. But also that little bit extra that makes the difference between winning games and not, so progressing further in cups, etc. Like the Michu effect in the League Cup - without Michu we probably wouldn't have got past Chelsea.

But we have to let him go, not least because he deserves the chance to play with the best. Morally I don't think we should stand in his way.

Also realistically we dare not take the chance of injury depreciating his value in the same way it did to Michu.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:01 - Jan 6 with 3080 viewsLeonisGod

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:52 - Jan 6 by Pacemaker

What if they offered Micah Richards and a centre forward plus Scott Sinclair but less or no money?

Wages I suspect would still be the problem. And I wouldn't have thought we need/want Scotty now with Montero on fire and Routs/Dyer as a perfectly adequate options, plus Barrow coming through. I'd rather we spent more where we need it.
Login to get fewer ads

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:01 - Jan 6 with 3072 viewslondonlisa2001

I think you're right Lisa, but for the wrong reasons. I think this is one of the very few occasions where we could turn a deal of such size down. He's possibly the best player we've had with years of football still in him and his value is immeasurable. Finances are tight, but we are not broke and in a better position than many. His value to the club over the time he *could* be with us would far outweigh a transfer fee. I don't just mean literally in terms of cash value and income generated through higher placed finishes, etc. But also that little bit extra that makes the difference between winning games and not, so progressing further in cups, etc. Like the Michu effect in the League Cup - without Michu we probably wouldn't have got past Chelsea.

But we have to let him go, not least because he deserves the chance to play with the best. Morally I don't think we should stand in his way.

Oh I think we possibly could in terms of not desperately needing the cash and you make good points about value to the club re extra points and stuff.

But he's a genuine Top 4 player and we just are not (at the moment - one day, who knows) a Top 4 club.

So for us, that £30m represents 3 or 4 top quality players (at our level), not just 1.

He is a class apart, but I like what I've seen of Gomis and I personally think we need investment in other areas more than we need to keep Bony. Thos extra points you talk about maybe could then come from those 3 or 4 - 2 full backs (in my view), a 'Bodde' like player in the middle of the park and I think another forward (who can play wide as well as up front).

The reality is we're safe this year (I'm as big a worrier as anyone about relegation, but it's not going to happen this year) and our team will need some overhaul before next year (Rangel, Britton are not quite what they were and there are no obvious replacements) and we will I would hope, use the Bony money to help us do that.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:05 - Jan 6 with 3029 viewsNOTRAC

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:01 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

Oh I think we possibly could in terms of not desperately needing the cash and you make good points about value to the club re extra points and stuff.

But he's a genuine Top 4 player and we just are not (at the moment - one day, who knows) a Top 4 club.

So for us, that £30m represents 3 or 4 top quality players (at our level), not just 1.

He is a class apart, but I like what I've seen of Gomis and I personally think we need investment in other areas more than we need to keep Bony. Thos extra points you talk about maybe could then come from those 3 or 4 - 2 full backs (in my view), a 'Bodde' like player in the middle of the park and I think another forward (who can play wide as well as up front).

The reality is we're safe this year (I'm as big a worrier as anyone about relegation, but it's not going to happen this year) and our team will need some overhaul before next year (Rangel, Britton are not quite what they were and there are no obvious replacements) and we will I would hope, use the Bony money to help us do that.

The only thing I don't like about this is once again the bullshit that goes with it.
We all thought he had gone to the African cup but he's been up in Manchester discussing wages.
Why do they treat us like idiots?

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:05 - Jan 6 with 3016 viewsDarran

According to the EP on Twitter the club insist they have received no offer for Wilf.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:15 - Jan 6 with 2942 viewsDr_Winston

Good.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:17 - Jan 6 with 2932 viewsAquinas

It is sad, mainly because if he goes I think we will be in for a relegation battle next season if we don't make shrewd signings.

Bony's goals have kept us comfortable this season. Hopefully Gomis performs, he hasn't had the string of performances needed for us to see his potential. I remember Bony's first 10 or so games and he was a shadow of the player he is for us now.

He is added to my list of swans players who I thought 'wow' when I've seen them play. Trundle, Bodde and Michu being the others.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:19 - Jan 6 with 2904 viewslondonlisa2001

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:05 - Jan 6 by NOTRAC

The only thing I don't like about this is once again the bullshit that goes with it.
We all thought he had gone to the African cup but he's been up in Manchester discussing wages.

has he?

Has that been reported then? I assume that this is fairly well advanced given the amount of noise on it. In some ways, we're probably better selling him now (before the ACON) - at least we'll have the money then for the window although it'll be difficult to imagine other clubs we're talking to not upping their prices now.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:23 - Jan 6 with 2858 viewsymaohyd

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:31 - Jan 6 by swan_si

only just got in, has Darran said, "FECK HIM" yet

Love Darren. Unlike some who are devious Darren just says it as it us in his own inimitable way!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:26 - Jan 6 with 2801 viewsSkipTheJack

Just over a year ago we were talking about Michu being worth £30m, and now we'd be lucky to get anything for him.

I'm afraid that if we're offered £25m+ for Bony then we can't turn down that kind of money.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:30 - Jan 6 with 2759 viewshammy

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:01 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

As good as Bony has been for us I'm not totally convinced that he is a top 4 player yet. He still misses a fair few chances that the likes of Aguero, Sanchez, Van Persie, Costa et al tend to take with ease. He will need to improve in this aspect very quickly to be playing regular first team football at either Chelski or Man Citeh.

If he is to leave then let's hope for a very bloody bidding war between these billionaire run outfits that gives us a very healthy profit on our initial investment.

As you indicate we are as good as safe this year, so wouldn't want to see us spending any of this additional cash on squad fillers; would prefer to wait for real quality in the summer if needs be.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:36 - Jan 6 with 2711 viewslondonlisa2001

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:30 - Jan 6 by hammy

As good as Bony has been for us I'm not totally convinced that he is a top 4 player yet. He still misses a fair few chances that the likes of Aguero, Sanchez, Van Persie, Costa et al tend to take with ease. He will need to improve in this aspect very quickly to be playing regular first team football at either Chelski or Man Citeh.

If he is to leave then let's hope for a very bloody bidding war between these billionaire run outfits that gives us a very healthy profit on our initial investment.

As you indicate we are as good as safe this year, so wouldn't want to see us spending any of this additional cash on squad fillers; would prefer to wait for real quality in the summer if needs be.

He's not a Costa or Aguero that's for sure. But better than Dzeko, Remy, Giroud, Drogba etc? Probably in my view. There are a couple that are miles apart (and the biter was another). But other than that, I think he's as good as the rest.

Agree re bidding war and squad fillers though.

Would love to see some really strong full backs come in - don't mean a £2m player from whoever, I mean a couple of really good players - the £8m or so types (if they are out there). It's an important position for us and I think our quality there is less than elsewhere (certainly at centre back at the moment).
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:43 - Jan 6 with 2666 viewsWarwickHunt

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:05 - Jan 6 by Darran

According to the EP on Twitter the club insist they have received no offer for Wilf.

Mandy Rice-Davies was unavailable for comment...
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:03 - Jan 6 with 2539 viewsJJJack

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:39 - Jan 6 by C_jack

The only thing we'll be strengthening this month is the foundations of the Stadium.

Exactamundo. And there's nowt wrong with that.
* We are safe in the PL
* We already have a replacement
* You don't get value in the January window
* We desperately need to expand the stadium (not for financial reasons but to grow as a club.
* We'll not get this kind of bunce anytime soon
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:08 - Jan 6 with 2509 viewsswanduck

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:18 - Jan 6 with 2448 viewsairedale

What Bony will bring to Man City that they don't have presently is bounceability.

People bounce off Wilf.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:31 - Jan 6 with 2355 viewsthomasJack

do you think we will lose him today??

Poll: Next signing

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:40 - Jan 6 with 2295 viewsmonmouth

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:31 - Jan 6 by thomasJack

do you think we will lose him today??

Not likely. Huw's not stupid, he's shoved a chip up Wilf's arse and is tracking him on Sat Nav.

Unfortunately, the chip came from Rossis

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:40 - Jan 6 with 2293 viewsbluenile

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:05 - Jan 6 by NOTRAC

Talk about Paranoia!! You or us have absolutely no idea where he is, the only thing we know is what Sky Sports News is putting up on that banner. In fact the Evening Post have reported that all that has happened is that Man City have made contact with us, and NO OFFER has been made yet.................Ffs get a grip!!.................cue the all new Bony haters!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024