Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread 15:57 - Jan 6 with 17273 viewsC_jack

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:45 - Jan 6 with 3257 viewsDr_Winston

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:40 - Jan 6 by bluenile

Talk about Paranoia!! You or us have absolutely no idea where he is, the only thing we know is what Sky Sports News is putting up on that banner. In fact the Evening Post have reported that all that has happened is that Man City have made contact with us, and NO OFFER has been made yet.................Ffs get a grip!!.................cue the all new Bony haters!

If we're in talks then figures have been discussed, whether an official offer has been made or not. They're not going to waste time talking about anything else without even mentioning price.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:48 - Jan 6 with 3224 viewslondonlisa2001

Talk about Paranoia!! You or us have absolutely no idea where he is, the only thing we know is what Sky Sports News is putting up on that banner. In fact the Evening Post have reported that all that has happened is that Man City have made contact with us, and NO OFFER has been made yet.................Ffs get a grip!!.................cue the all new Bony haters!

In this situation, if we were to get a fee of around £30m for Bony I would be gob smacked to see any Bony haters. I think most would surely understand him and the club and wish him well?
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:50 - Jan 6 with 3210 viewsItchySphincter

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:26 - Jan 6 by The_Bounder

There is going to be carnage on here when people finally realise that Gomis is not PL level....

Thank you Wilfried, its been a pleasure.

Can't agree with that, we'll see.

His ratio of goal:mins on the pitch so far isn't bad - granted mostly not in the PL but if he gets the chance he'll prove he's a top player.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:51 - Jan 6 with 3189 viewsthomasJack

yep just wished he would stay until the summer

Poll: Next signing

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:53 - Jan 6 with 3172 viewslifelong

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:45 - Jan 6 by Dr_Winston

If we're in talks then figures have been discussed, whether an official offer has been made or not. They're not going to waste time talking about anything else without even mentioning price.

Advanced talks, according to BBC Wales.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:55 - Jan 6 with 3150 viewsItchySphincter

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:50 - Jan 6 by blaine_scfc

£30 million, unbelievable how we have got to the stage where we are selling players for that much. It's a fair price, but wasn't expecting to get that, how often do you see bigger teams bullying clubs to sell at lower price. Well played Huw and thanks Wilf for the memories. Absolutely quality player.

£30,000 for Paul Connor not so long ago.

If he is to go I hope this supposed Real Madrid interest turns into something firm - I'd rather him go there than City and before anyone says anything, yes, I do think he's good enough. .

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:55 - Jan 6 with 3132 viewsDarran

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:45 - Jan 6 by Dr_Winston

It wouldn't surprise me if it is an IF knowing Sky,let's be honest they need a story to over shadow the rapist story.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:59 - Jan 6 with 3108 viewsdobjack2

We have used this "no offer has been made/received" as a smokescreen.

Discussions about a fee appear to be underway. If they lead to agreement an offer will be made and immediately accepted.

If the sides are close to agreement city may make an offer on their valuation and we would then have to think about it.

If the valuations are miles apart or we clearly will not sell a player then an offer probably won't be made.
Login to get fewer ads

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 19:03 - Jan 6 with 3061 viewsClinton

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:18 - Jan 6 by airedale

What Bony will bring to Man City that they don't have presently is bounceability.

People bounce off Wilf.

If thats all they want, they could have 'Bayo for one tenth the money.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 19:07 - Jan 6 with 3030 viewsdeanscfc

Sad to see him go but not bad business if true...now let's hope Real Madrid come in last minute and offer 40m to outbid man city
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 20:14 - Jan 6 with 2787 viewsairedale

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 19:03 - Jan 6 by Clinton

If thats all they want, they could have 'Bayo for one tenth the money.

They were saying that on Talksport today.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 20:31 - Jan 6 with 2710 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Gomis will step up to the mark .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 20:46 - Jan 6 with 2619 viewsmorningstar

Spot on! I remember how Sky broke Martinez going to Wigan, and Brendan and Joe off to Liverpool! Oh how we laughed! Nothing too see here!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 20:50 - Jan 6 with 2584 viewsC_jack

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 20:31 - Jan 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

Gomis will step up to the mark .

Hopefully for us, rather than Palace.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 21:26 - Jan 6 with 2456 viewsClinton

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 20:14 - Jan 6 by airedale

They were saying that on Talksport today.

You sure know how to twist the knife, never thought I'd be of a like mind to the dreaded TalkSport. You mean they actually managed to stop talking about Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea long enough to mention our good selves ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 21:49 - Jan 6 with 2348 viewslonglostjack

Crapdiff splashed out £ 100,000 today on a Millwall player - crazy money !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 22:11 - Jan 6 with 2243 viewsairedale

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 21:26 - Jan 6 by Clinton

You sure know how to twist the knife, never thought I'd be of a like mind to the dreaded TalkSport. You mean they actually managed to stop talking about Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea long enough to mention our good selves ?

Oops, sorry about that. They weren't talking about us though, they were talking about clubs that can afford to buy Bony. (Same as when we beat e.g. Arsenal all they talk about is how Arsenal managed to lose the game). They mentioned Bayo following his goal in the FA Cup as a ha ha.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 22:25 - Jan 6 with 2184 viewsJackattack

BBC Manchester reporter on 5 live earlier said City can't spend £30m on anyone due to FFP.

He also said that he knew of no one they want to offload to raise the required cash to allow such a deal to go through.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 22:43 - Jan 6 with 2101 viewsbluenile

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 20:46 - Jan 6 by morningstar

Spot on! I remember how Sky broke Martinez going to Wigan, and Brendan and Joe off to Liverpool! Oh how we laughed! Nothing too see here!

You miss the point.................I believe he will go, i'm not saying otherwise, but the poster in question was talking about players "taking us for idiots" when he's supposed to be at the ACN, but apparently (and god knows how he knows this) having talks with Manchester City, the whole tone and anger in his post made me cringe, Wilfried has done the business for us, agreed to the new contract so we could remove the release clause from the contract and hence get a better deal when selling. He's ambitious, but as far as I'm concerned, done us proud. He will leave, and leave with my blessing.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 22:46 - Jan 6 with 2080 viewsSenhin

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 22:25 - Jan 6 by Jackattack

BBC Manchester reporter on 5 live earlier said City can't spend £30m on anyone due to FFP.

He also said that he knew of no one they want to offload to raise the required cash to allow such a deal to go through.

Maybe they plan to offer it in installments over several years, then it would only be, for example, a quarter of the transfer's value that is against this year's financial fair play allowance.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 01:48 - Jan 7 with 1911 viewstruckjack

Gutted if he goes. But we could have been without him for a month with the ACON anyway where he could also get injured?? Wouldnt mind Dzecko coming the other way in the deal.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 02:10 - Jan 7 with 1893 viewsskippyjack

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 22:46 - Jan 6 by Senhin

Maybe they plan to offer it in installments over several years, then it would only be, for example, a quarter of the transfer's value that is against this year's financial fair play allowance.

The only reason Bony is still with us is Because of FFP.. We'll only accept on our terms.. So expect more discussions today..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 07:48 - Jan 7 with 1745 viewsmarchamjack

If he was going for £30 million at the end of the season, I think that 99% would realistically accept that. Just a shame its now.

Having said that, at least that gives us time to plan to buy a proper replacement in the summer if Gomis doesn't work out in the meantime, rather than Wilf leaves end of July and we're scrabbling about for 2 weeks to but an overpriced replacement then.

Just looking to find the silver lining as like everyone else, gutted to see him go, best CF we've had since Latchford. Probably best CF of them all.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 08:11 - Jan 7 with 1694 viewsAnotherJohn

My hunch is that the two sides are still some way apart. Phrases such as 'a deal that could be worth 30m' and 'meet in the middle' in the reportage seem to hint that Man City simply could not fund the required fee in an up-front payment under FFP. But anything short of that chips away at the attractiveness of the deal for us. I think we should just dig in our heels, and mollify Wilf by saying that we will listen to offers again in the summer.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 08:51 - Jan 7 with 1626 viewsPrivate_Partz

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 08:11 - Jan 7 by AnotherJohn

My hunch is that the two sides are still some way apart. Phrases such as 'a deal that could be worth 30m' and 'meet in the middle' in the reportage seem to hint that Man City simply could not fund the required fee in an up-front payment under FFP. But anything short of that chips away at the attractiveness of the deal for us. I think we should just dig in our heels, and mollify Wilf by saying that we will listen to offers again in the summer.

Wilf is one of our prize assets and we cannot afford to let him go for anything less than top dollar. We are already at a severe financial disadvantage to many clubs in the Prem so it would be absolute folly to accept anything other than the very best offer - and some.
The danger is we could have an unsettled player on our hands but hopefully Wilf would be professional enough to realise his chance will still be there in the summer window.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024