Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread 15:57 - Jan 6 with 17469 viewsC_jack

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 09:24 - Jan 7 with 3055 viewsStarsky

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 22:43 - Jan 6 by bluenile

You miss the point.................I believe he will go, i'm not saying otherwise, but the poster in question was talking about players "taking us for idiots" when he's supposed to be at the ACN, but apparently (and god knows how he knows this) having talks with Manchester City, the whole tone and anger in his post made me cringe, Wilfried has done the business for us, agreed to the new contract so we could remove the release clause from the contract and hence get a better deal when selling. He's ambitious, but as far as I'm concerned, done us proud. He will leave, and leave with my blessing.

Absolutely.
I would imagine his agent is doing most of the groundwork on this deal anyway.
Hard to imagine that one Swansea player can be worth the value of the Liberty Stadium.
Amazing stuff. Good luck Wilf, wherever you go.

It's just the internet, init.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 09:56 - Jan 7 with 2976 viewsBrynmill_Jack

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 09:24 - Jan 7 by Starsky

Absolutely.
I would imagine his agent is doing most of the groundwork on this deal anyway.
Hard to imagine that one Swansea player can be worth the value of the Liberty Stadium.
Amazing stuff. Good luck Wilf, wherever you go.

Can't argue with any of that. Him signing for us has benefited both parties immensely so thanks for the memories Wilf and let's hope Real gazump city
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 9:57]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 11:01 - Jan 7 with 2874 viewsthomasJack

here are two stories

Wilfried Bony wants a reported £200,000 a week in wages at Manchester City

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Wilfried-Bony-wants-reported-200-000-wee

Wilfried Bony is close to agreeing a cut-price €96,000-a-week deal to join Manchester City.
http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4682/transfer-zone/2015/01/07/7739752/-

Poll: Next signing

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 13:03 - Jan 7 with 2709 viewsMagic_Michu

I don't quite see how Man City think they can get around their Uefa sanctions of a spending cap of £49m?

'The club were hit with Uefa sanctions last year for breaching financial fair play rules which included a spending cap of £49m, plus any money raised from transfer fees.

They spent around £48m in the summer on Eliaquim Mangala, midfielder Fernando, and goalkeeper Willy Caballero, although sold Jack Rodwell to Sunderland for a reported £10m and midfielder Javi Garcia joined Zenit St Petersburg for £13m.' - BBC

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 13:34 - Jan 7 with 2626 viewsProfessor

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 13:03 - Jan 7 by Magic_Michu

I don't quite see how Man City think they can get around their Uefa sanctions of a spending cap of £49m?

'The club were hit with Uefa sanctions last year for breaching financial fair play rules which included a spending cap of £49m, plus any money raised from transfer fees.

They spent around £48m in the summer on Eliaquim Mangala, midfielder Fernando, and goalkeeper Willy Caballero, although sold Jack Rodwell to Sunderland for a reported £10m and midfielder Javi Garcia joined Zenit St Petersburg for £13m.' - BBC

Looks like Nasatasic to Schalke and Sinclair to Villa (or Palace) to balance the books for Bony
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 13:48 - Jan 7 with 2589 viewsJackSomething

I think there's a deal in place to sell Negredo to Valencia at the end of the season. That's going to raise £20m+.

What does confuse me though is that they shipped out Negredo because they had too many foreign players in their squad. How does Bony help with that?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:23 - Jan 7 with 2396 viewssixpenses

Think we should thank Laudrup for his part in pushing the Board outside their comfort zone to strengthen the team and thus bring in a player with the quality and potential of Bony.

Also for bringing us European Football a main driver for Bony to come here and without which I do not think he would have favoured us.

Nice healthy profit for the club and still should be in good shape if Gomis stays. Lets hope Gomis goes from strength to strength and is our next golden goose.

Ironically if you took away all Bony's for the 24 games under Laudrup last season we would have only been 1 point worse off. Even if you also took away all the goals he scored in the last 14 games under monk, we would have only been a total of 5 points worse off on the season and actually still have comfortably stayed up. Of course Bony has offered us so much more than his goals and it is sad to see him go but will be interesting to follow him at MCFC and still enjoy some of that brilliant skill.

It is also quite exciting given our position of strength to build from in the second half of the season, to see how our team develops.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:29 - Jan 7 with 2375 viewsthomasJack

Lets say bony goes to city but hardly gets Any gametime do you then think he will be willing to come back???

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:31 - Jan 7 with 2369 viewsthomasJack

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:54 - Jan 7 with 2305 viewsQuakerJack

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:23 - Jan 7 by sixpenses

Think we should thank Laudrup for his part in pushing the Board outside their comfort zone to strengthen the team and thus bring in a player with the quality and potential of Bony.

Also for bringing us European Football a main driver for Bony to come here and without which I do not think he would have favoured us.

Nice healthy profit for the club and still should be in good shape if Gomis stays. Lets hope Gomis goes from strength to strength and is our next golden goose.

Ironically if you took away all Bony's for the 24 games under Laudrup last season we would have only been 1 point worse off. Even if you also took away all the goals he scored in the last 14 games under monk, we would have only been a total of 5 points worse off on the season and actually still have comfortably stayed up. Of course Bony has offered us so much more than his goals and it is sad to see him go but will be interesting to follow him at MCFC and still enjoy some of that brilliant skill.

It is also quite exciting given our position of strength to build from in the second half of the season, to see how our team develops.

It's been argued that Laudrup didn't want Bony but that Jenkins pushed ahead with the signing.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 16:59 - Jan 7 with 2285 viewsAnotherJohn

Still think there is a big gap on price, so that this isn't yet a done deal.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:06 - Jan 7 with 2251 viewsOldjack

From BBC website

Bony's City move hit stumbling block.

Football

Posted at 16:51

Swansea striker Wilfried Bony's move to Manchester City has hit a stumbling block because the clubs cannot agree a fee for the Ivorian, reports ESPN.

They claim Swansea are hoping to get £30 million for the 26-year-old, who was the Premier League's top scorer in the calendar year 2014 with 20 goals, while City are yet to offer that much.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:13 - Jan 7 with 2228 viewshobo

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:06 - Jan 7 by Oldjack

From BBC website

Football

Swansea striker Wilfried Bony's move to Manchester City has hit a stumbling block because the clubs cannot agree a fee for the Ivorian, reports ESPN.

They claim Swansea are hoping to get £30 million for the 26-year-old, who was the Premier League's top scorer in the calendar year 2014 with 20 goals, while City are yet to offer that much.

Hoping to get £30m?! That should be the bare minimum. We should be pushing for closer to £40m. The guy is class, and is a rare breed of striker - I can't think of many like him
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:18 - Jan 7 with 2198 views1jack

From BBC website

Football

If they don't want to pay that then Huw should tell them to fuk off.
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:18 - Jan 7 with 2191 viewsClinton

From BBC website

Football

Yessssssssssss

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:28 - Jan 7 with 2156 viewsStarsky

Laudrup was the source of Bony's frustration in the first half of his first season.
Wasn't getting enough game time.
With respect, why even bring Laudup into this thread? There's no need.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 17:43]

It's just the internet, init.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:42 - Jan 7 with 2114 viewsOldjack

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:18 - Jan 7 by 1jack

If they don't want to pay that then Huw should tell them to fuk off.

Bony's gonna throw a mega tantrum id this deal falters ,mark my words

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:46 - Jan 7 with 2092 viewsGowerjack

So they only have 25 million to spend.

No woner the deal,is floundering.....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:47 - Jan 7 with 2084 viewsGlyn1

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 13:48 - Jan 7 by JackSomething

I think there's a deal in place to sell Negredo to Valencia at the end of the season. That's going to raise £20m+.

What does confuse me though is that they shipped out Negredo because they had too many foreign players in their squad. How does Bony help with that?

Wasn't it more to do with the fact that Negredo himself wanted to go, because his wife didn't want to live in Manchester?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:01 - Jan 7 with 2027 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Could be an element of FFP backfiring a bit here? meant to help create a more level playing field between clubs, but a small, well-run club like ourselves may have to agree to selling our star player for less than we'd like as our mighty-rich buying club are hamstrung by UEFA...

I know we don't have to sell, but the pressure to get a deal done will no doubt be there, all things considered.

I'm sure there are ways around it the restrictions...expect to see an announcement soon on a date to expand the renamed 'Sheikh Mansour East Stand'...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:26 - Jan 7 with 1948 viewsJoe_bradshaw

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 13:48 - Jan 7 by JackSomething

If City get £20M or more that will be a remarkable piece of business for a player they only paid £16M for.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:40 - Jan 7 with 1899 viewsJoe_bradshaw

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:42 - Jan 7 by Oldjack

He may do but he has to realise that we're not selling him at a discount under any circumstances and that if the deal falls through he needs to continue to bang them in for the rest of the season and he'll get his move in the summer.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:45 - Jan 7 with 1883 viewshobo

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 17:42 - Jan 7 by Oldjack

I'm positive he would understand if we were to wait 6 months until Man City could afford the transfer fee
All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:55 - Jan 7 with 1823 viewsItchySphincter

We went for Bony because Bafe didn't want to come. I think you'll find that the people who sacked Laudrup were responsible for the Bony signing. Anyway, we haven't had one of these from you in a while I suppose.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

All purpose Wilfried Bony thread on 18:58 - Jan 7 with 1798 viewsItchySphincter

From BBC website

Football

F*ck'em. Their FPP restrictions aren't our problem. The bar has been set, if they won't pay it someone else will.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024