Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting Scenario 22:28 - Apr 21 with 11288 viewsGhanaDale

We can still technically catch up with Sheffield United, considering they have a very similar goal difference to us.

If we beat MK and both Chesterfield & Sheffield United lose on Saturday, they could quite happily play out a 0-0 draw on the final day of the season to see them both into the playoffs.

Also if Chesterfield win & Sheffield United lose on Saturday we could be cheering on Chesterfield on the last day of the season (as well as ourselves)

Long shot scenarios I know but quite interesting!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Interesting Scenario on 17:40 - Apr 23 with 2307 views442Dale

Interesting Scenario on 12:31 - Apr 23 by dingdangblue

Errea apparently? Could be like this

Or this?

Like this away kit.

[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 12:40]

Too much black on those two shirts for my liking. The only way the arms should ever be black is if the shirt is plain blue (or with pinstripes a la 2010-12). With blue arms they'd be fine as they adhere to our unique colour scheme. However both wouldn't be too bad if worn with white shorts, having a strip with one predominant colour and two secondary ones allows for the overall kit to detract from a shirt that isn't that great - see 2013/14.

The away kit is quite good although it creates issues around potential clashes, but then again a third shirt in the same design with white replaced by yellow would be ace.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Interesting Scenario on 18:11 - Apr 23 with 2231 viewsdingdangblue

Interesting Scenario on 17:40 - Apr 23 by 442Dale

Too much black on those two shirts for my liking. The only way the arms should ever be black is if the shirt is plain blue (or with pinstripes a la 2010-12). With blue arms they'd be fine as they adhere to our unique colour scheme. However both wouldn't be too bad if worn with white shorts, having a strip with one predominant colour and two secondary ones allows for the overall kit to detract from a shirt that isn't that great - see 2013/14.

The away kit is quite good although it creates issues around potential clashes, but then again a third shirt in the same design with white replaced by yellow would be ace.

I love the uniqueness of that 2nd kit, I haven't seen stripes done in 3rds much. Ajax? And even theirs the centre stripe is wider. Its an old kit though 2012/13 so they probably have new designs now.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 18:28]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Interesting Scenario on 18:28 - Apr 23 with 2204 viewsstuartcryer

Interesting Scenario on 23:38 - Apr 21 by macro

Chesterfield had press people at Spotland tonight judging by their tweets

Paul Cook was there

wardle blue

Interesting Scenario on 18:29 - Apr 23 with 2202 views442Dale

Interesting Scenario on 18:11 - Apr 23 by dingdangblue

I love the uniqueness of that 2nd kit, I haven't seen stripes done in 3rds much. Ajax? And even theirs the centre stripe is wider. Its an old kit though 2012/13 so they probably have new designs now.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 18:28]

Yeah, see what you mean about the 'stripes in thirds' thing. The only thing would be that black almost becomes the main colour by being the central stripe, but if the arms were blue it might not be as obvious.

Notice the year on the back of the shirt...

Interesting Scenario on 18:37 - Apr 23 with 2184 viewsCamdenDale

Interesting Scenario on 18:29 - Apr 23 by 442Dale

Yeah, see what you mean about the 'stripes in thirds' thing. The only thing would be that black almost becomes the main colour by being the central stripe, but if the arms were blue it might not be as obvious.

Notice the year on the back of the shirt...

2nd kit ace. Blue still rightly dominates despite central black stripe. Arms blue with that design wouldn't work - would just leave black central strip looking weird. Great kit.
Interesting Scenario on 18:40 - Apr 23 with 2176 views442Dale

Interesting Scenario on 18:37 - Apr 23 by CamdenDale

2nd kit ace. Blue still rightly dominates despite central black stripe. Arms blue with that design wouldn't work - would just leave black central strip looking weird. Great kit.

Yep, you're right. Bit more white trim then to break it up a bit.

Interesting Scenario on 18:48 - Apr 23 with 2154 viewsDomDale

Interesting Scenario on 11:07 - Apr 23 by dingdangblue

Its too short notice to do something like that now. Mk would have already sold tickets for £20 so we'd have to refund those. Having a Dale ticket desk at the 3 main supermarkets could easily be done tomorrow - give 500 out at each and get Desmond and a couple of players down there - would only take a few hours to do and we'd get half an empty stand full. How bad must it look on Soccer Saturday when they go to the reporter at Spotland and he's in an empty stand. (more or less).

Would we have to refund MK though? I'm not sure of the exact wording but I think FL clubs can run 5 promotions a season to home fans offering discounted or free tickets. I seem to recall Fleetwood did this last season when we went? Our tickets were roughly double the price of theirs.
I can only think of one game in the time I have watched Dale that when we have done this, mentioned elsewhere Lincoln at home about 10 years ago. Happy to be corrected if wrong. Do feel we should be whoring out the cheapy & free tickets, especially when you look at BUry's crowd the other night. They're the most similar club to us demographically and fanbase, no reason why we can't pull in 7k people on a free to buy pies and pints and leave their details behind to be bombarded with ticket marketing!

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Interesting Scenario on 19:40 - Apr 23 with 2103 viewsdingdangblue

Interesting Scenario on 18:48 - Apr 23 by DomDale

Would we have to refund MK though? I'm not sure of the exact wording but I think FL clubs can run 5 promotions a season to home fans offering discounted or free tickets. I seem to recall Fleetwood did this last season when we went? Our tickets were roughly double the price of theirs.
I can only think of one game in the time I have watched Dale that when we have done this, mentioned elsewhere Lincoln at home about 10 years ago. Happy to be corrected if wrong. Do feel we should be whoring out the cheapy & free tickets, especially when you look at BUry's crowd the other night. They're the most similar club to us demographically and fanbase, no reason why we can't pull in 7k people on a free to buy pies and pints and leave their details behind to be bombarded with ticket marketing!

Its not all ticket for Mk but I imagine a few have bought tickets in advance. If you made it free on the day for home fans now and they could just walk in on the day without tickets you would find away fans coming in the home stands for free rather than pay £20 in the away end. Its not going to happen anyway so pointless discussion.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting Scenario on 19:48 - Apr 23 with 2093 viewsdingdangblue

Interesting Scenario on 18:37 - Apr 23 by CamdenDale

Bugger!

This kit is so nice I'm going to be disappointed now if Dale haven't gone for this design!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024