Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting Scenario 22:28 - Apr 21 with 11287 viewsGhanaDale

We can still technically catch up with Sheffield United, considering they have a very similar goal difference to us.

If we beat MK and both Chesterfield & Sheffield United lose on Saturday, they could quite happily play out a 0-0 draw on the final day of the season to see them both into the playoffs.

Also if Chesterfield win & Sheffield United lose on Saturday we could be cheering on Chesterfield on the last day of the season (as well as ourselves)

Long shot scenarios I know but quite interesting!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Interesting Scenario on 12:08 - Apr 22 with 3114 viewswindowsbug

Why not make it a freebie.
Is it worth a try?
Interesting Scenario on 12:11 - Apr 22 with 3098 viewsTTNYear

The club isn't dynamic enough to organise a give away with three days to play with

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Interesting Scenario on 12:46 - Apr 22 with 3003 viewsTVOS1907

Interesting Scenario on 11:31 - Apr 22 by fitzochris

To be fair, Leighanne is doing her best to tweet about it. Yes, it may only reach people who are going anyway, but you never know. If everyone of us retweets, it might reach beyond and pique someone's interest.

The problem is that a large proportion of those we need to reach won't be on Twitter or other social media.

The club need to get out and about, but it's too late now.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Interesting Scenario on 13:38 - Apr 22 with 2947 viewspioneer

Interesting Scenario on 09:51 - Apr 22 by dingdangblue

We should certainly fear no one with our home form.

Last 8 matches (home)
GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Preston 8 5 3 0 16 6 +10 18
2 Rochdale 8 6 0 2 16 9 +7 18
3 Milton Keynes 8 5 1 2 19 6 +13 16
4 Chesterfield 8 5 0 3 18 8 +10 15
5 Bristol City 8 4 3 1 12 5 +7 15
6 Gillingham 8 4 2 2 11 7 +4 14
7 Peterborough 8 4 2 2 8 5 +3 14
8 Scunthorpe 8 3 4 1 10 6 +4 13
9 Crewe Alexandra 8 3 4 1 7 3 +4 13
10 Crawley Town 8 4 1 3 13 11 +2 13
11 Walsall 8 3 3 2 11 7 +4 12
12 Barnsley 8 3 3 2 10 7 +3 12
13 Fleetwood 8 3 3 2 11 10 +1 12
14 Sheffield Utd 8 3 2 3 14 11 +3 11
15 Leyton Orient 8 3 2 3 13 10 +3 11
16 Yeovil Town 8 3 2 3 10 12 -2 11
17 Bradford 8 3 2 3 8 14 -6 11
18 Colchester 8 3 1 4 14 13 +1 10
19 Swindon Town 8 3 1 4 10 13 -3 10
20 Coventry City 8 2 3 3 9 11 -2 9
21 Doncaster 8 2 2 4 7 12 -5 8
22 Port Vale 8 1 3 4 10 11 -1 6
23 Oldham 8 1 3 4 8 14 -6 6
24 Notts County 8 0 4 4 7 12 -5 4

Oldham next to bottom with only 1 home win . . . . how we could have done with those points right now!
Interesting Scenario on 13:40 - Apr 22 with 2940 viewsfitzochris

Interesting Scenario on 12:46 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

The problem is that a large proportion of those we need to reach won't be on Twitter or other social media.

The club need to get out and about, but it's too late now.

I don't disagree with that at all. There is much and more to be done on that score - but the club isn't being completely silent.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Interesting Scenario on 13:59 - Apr 22 with 2884 viewsKenBoon

It is the fact that our season isn't over that annoyed me most about last nights attendance. There was ZERO promotion, as if the club expected a low gate because the bucket's freebie (if you didn't pay into the original game).

That the free game attracted at least 500 fans that'd usually attend our games - more if it was actually promoted as an important game - should worry the commercial department. It won't. Remember that "2,344 is good for a midweek match" - DalePlayer Commentator (I think in the commercial department too) on last weeks attendance against Swindon.

The issue is probably a lack of bodies rather than them not being up to the job. Also the new woman, best of luck to her, but she's replacing someone. This isn't the commercial team growing.

I know I moan about this, but it's because I give a s**t. I've worked in companies with pro-active commercial departments. Yes many of them spend most of their time buying Fonts... BUT they do their job and GOOD ONES are invaluable to any business.
Interesting Scenario on 14:08 - Apr 22 with 2860 views442Dale

Interesting Scenario on 13:59 - Apr 22 by KenBoon

It is the fact that our season isn't over that annoyed me most about last nights attendance. There was ZERO promotion, as if the club expected a low gate because the bucket's freebie (if you didn't pay into the original game).

That the free game attracted at least 500 fans that'd usually attend our games - more if it was actually promoted as an important game - should worry the commercial department. It won't. Remember that "2,344 is good for a midweek match" - DalePlayer Commentator (I think in the commercial department too) on last weeks attendance against Swindon.

The issue is probably a lack of bodies rather than them not being up to the job. Also the new woman, best of luck to her, but she's replacing someone. This isn't the commercial team growing.

I know I moan about this, but it's because I give a s**t. I've worked in companies with pro-active commercial departments. Yes many of them spend most of their time buying Fonts... BUT they do their job and GOOD ONES are invaluable to any business.

While lack of bodies will affect any organisation's ability to do as much as they want, surely at Dale this can be partly negated by the amount of support and ideas offered by the fanbase over recent years?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Interesting Scenario on 14:24 - Apr 22 with 2817 viewsHK_Dale

Wonder if someone to pull all the different pieces together is what's required.

Someone to manage the overarching strategy of marketing, commercial, operational aspects.
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting Scenario on 14:32 - Apr 22 with 2801 viewsDomDale

I work for a relatively new company ( 2 1/2 years trading). When our marketing bod left last year we replaced her with 4 others to grow customer base from 3k to 8k. I get that our business is not a football club but the principal is the same. There are many different competitors for our existing and would be clients to choose from. We stop telling them that we are open for business and our product is nice and shiny and they lose interest. Spend money to make money.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Interesting Scenario on 15:20 - Apr 22 with 2742 viewsTVOS1907

There are plenty of fans already doing tasks done by staff at other clubs, as well as many other fans more than willing to help.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Interesting Scenario on 15:24 - Apr 22 with 2733 views442Dale

Interesting Scenario on 14:24 - Apr 22 by HK_Dale

Wonder if someone to pull all the different pieces together is what's required.

Someone to manage the overarching strategy of marketing, commercial, operational aspects.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/job-vacancy-2186047.aspx

The job description covers quite a lot. Interesting bit about setting and reviewing targets.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Interesting Scenario on 06:04 - Apr 23 with 2523 viewswindowsbug

Interesting Scenario on 12:11 - Apr 22 by TTNYear

The club isn't dynamic enough to organise a give away with three days to play with

And here lies the problem.
Interesting Scenario on 08:31 - Apr 23 with 2442 viewsdingdangblue

Interesting Scenario on 06:04 - Apr 23 by windowsbug

And here lies the problem.

Why don't the club do something pro active and hand out 1500 free tickets for 3 empty blocks of the Willbutts nearest Pearl St. Mk Dons are only likely to bring 1000 if that so the stand will accommodate and its been split like this before when we played Darlo in the play offs. They could give them out at Tesco, Asda, Morrisons today and tomorrow and have people in the Stadium instead of empty plastic seats for once.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Interesting Scenario on 08:41 - Apr 23 with 2428 viewsaleanddale

Interesting Scenario on 08:31 - Apr 23 by dingdangblue

Why don't the club do something pro active and hand out 1500 free tickets for 3 empty blocks of the Willbutts nearest Pearl St. Mk Dons are only likely to bring 1000 if that so the stand will accommodate and its been split like this before when we played Darlo in the play offs. They could give them out at Tesco, Asda, Morrisons today and tomorrow and have people in the Stadium instead of empty plastic seats for once.

Its too late for that.

and why do a watered down version of what bURY did 2 days ago?.

Play the final game as we are - a long way from were we should or need to be, Frances is now underway in her role and lets see what creative promotions we see next season.

Next season HAS to be the start of a brand new world for Dale.

The £2 increase beggars belief and if the board do read this i would appeal to them to seriously reconsider what they have done.

£1 this and £1 next would have been infinately better and the cost to the club minimal.

It would show a lot of good will and 1. Give The new lady half a chance and 2. show the fans that they listen and care.
Interesting Scenario on 09:12 - Apr 23 with 2400 viewsdingdangblue

Interesting Scenario on 08:41 - Apr 23 by aleanddale

Its too late for that.

and why do a watered down version of what bURY did 2 days ago?.

Play the final game as we are - a long way from were we should or need to be, Frances is now underway in her role and lets see what creative promotions we see next season.

Next season HAS to be the start of a brand new world for Dale.

The £2 increase beggars belief and if the board do read this i would appeal to them to seriously reconsider what they have done.

£1 this and £1 next would have been infinately better and the cost to the club minimal.

It would show a lot of good will and 1. Give The new lady half a chance and 2. show the fans that they listen and care.

Couldn't give a toss about what bury did. This is about getting people to the Stadium and filling empty seats that are going to be otherwise unused. Its not too late to hand out tickets - even if it was just done tomorrow it wouldn't be too late.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Interesting Scenario on 09:31 - Apr 23 with 2338 viewsaleanddale

Interesting Scenario on 09:12 - Apr 23 by dingdangblue

Couldn't give a toss about what bury did. This is about getting people to the Stadium and filling empty seats that are going to be otherwise unused. Its not too late to hand out tickets - even if it was just done tomorrow it wouldn't be too late.

But it would be a watered down version - if you gave a toss or not.

something so last minute and half hearted is not the way to go IMHO.

Brand new piece of paper starting at 5pm Saturday with innovitive creative NEW bold exciting ideas put on it.

Then the plan can start with immediate effect.

This seasons marketing horse has sadly bolted. We need a really solid structured approach moving forward.

I agree with you 100% we are currently parp at this type of stuff. we just differ a little I think on how to go about turning the Dale oil tanker.
Interesting Scenario on 09:38 - Apr 23 with 2334 viewsLS27Rdale

Interesting Scenario on 23:36 - Apr 21 by 442Dale

There's a seven page thread on Chesterfield's forum and Radio Sheffield had updates tonight.

#masspanic

not sure about mass panic......

Would have thought Radio Sheffield would have had more than updates....

As they are one of their teams covered by them
Interesting Scenario on 09:55 - Apr 23 with 2316 viewsdingdangblue

Interesting Scenario on 09:31 - Apr 23 by aleanddale

But it would be a watered down version - if you gave a toss or not.

something so last minute and half hearted is not the way to go IMHO.

Brand new piece of paper starting at 5pm Saturday with innovitive creative NEW bold exciting ideas put on it.

Then the plan can start with immediate effect.

This seasons marketing horse has sadly bolted. We need a really solid structured approach moving forward.

I agree with you 100% we are currently parp at this type of stuff. we just differ a little I think on how to go about turning the Dale oil tanker.

If Chesterfield lose and we win the marketing for this season should be in overdrive! Especially with a trip to Barnsley last day, new shop and new kit.

Interesting Scenario on 10:03 - Apr 23 with 2299 viewsLS27Rdale

any sneak previews of said kit?

there is enuff people "intheknow" on here?
Interesting Scenario on 10:16 - Apr 23 with 2286 viewsmacro

I get emails from various clubs I've bought tickets from in the past sending offers. I don't get emails from dale though. I don't know whether that's the same for others but a simple cost free email might get a few through the door. Last season as well posters were done and the end of the season too, haven't seen those this season either
Interesting Scenario on 10:27 - Apr 23 with 2268 viewswindowsbug

Interesting Scenario on 08:31 - Apr 23 by dingdangblue

You see.. thats the problem.
Why give out tickets.
Just make the whole thing a turn up and get in experience.
Giving free tickets away isnt the answer. If those tickets aren't used nobody else can use them, and you can't give away more tickets than there are seats.
Interesting Scenario on 11:05 - Apr 23 with 2217 viewstazzydjr

No long term solution for a man-made problems of the beautiful game (Greed, Money & Even More Money), this season been epic but the lack of gimmicks and advertised promotions comes across like club don't care as much about what it's current fanbase even think i personally think 2007/2008 Centenary Year the club had it spot on but now the man-made problems are starting to show the cracks in the floor we could of built on them 3k a week home fans in this league alone even got it to the types of figures that Chesterfield get week in week out and lot of their fans were against moving from Saltergate, look at Burton Albion's progress and watch them do it right aswell they'll end up averaging gates of 4k+
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 11:09]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Interesting Scenario on 11:07 - Apr 23 with 2217 viewsdingdangblue

Interesting Scenario on 10:27 - Apr 23 by windowsbug

You see.. thats the problem.
Why give out tickets.
Just make the whole thing a turn up and get in experience.
Giving free tickets away isnt the answer. If those tickets aren't used nobody else can use them, and you can't give away more tickets than there are seats.

Its too short notice to do something like that now. Mk would have already sold tickets for £20 so we'd have to refund those. Having a Dale ticket desk at the 3 main supermarkets could easily be done tomorrow - give 500 out at each and get Desmond and a couple of players down there - would only take a few hours to do and we'd get half an empty stand full. How bad must it look on Soccer Saturday when they go to the reporter at Spotland and he's in an empty stand. (more or less).

Interesting Scenario on 12:31 - Apr 23 with 2136 viewsdingdangblue

Interesting Scenario on 10:03 - Apr 23 by LS27Rdale

any sneak previews of said kit?

there is enuff people "intheknow" on here?

Errea apparently? Could be like this

Or this?

Like this away kit.

[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 12:40]

Interesting Scenario on 15:03 - Apr 23 with 2017 viewsaleanddale

Interesting Scenario on 09:55 - Apr 23 by dingdangblue

If Chesterfield lose and we win the marketing for this season should be in overdrive! Especially with a trip to Barnsley last day, new shop and new kit.

Agree 100% with that DDB.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024