Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sacked manager thread 14:10 - Sep 6 with 8551 viewsSuddenLad

(1) Peterborough sack Robinson.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sacked manager thread on 15:09 - Sep 6 with 6857 viewsColDale

Steve Evans is current fave.
Sacked manager thread on 15:28 - Sep 6 with 6804 views442Dale

That would make sense, think he's come to the end of his usefulness at Rotherham now. He can be out up with they're winning.

Watched some of Posh's game at Southend yesterday, their defending was so haphazard you wondered if they just went out there and hoped.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sacked manager thread on 15:57 - Sep 6 with 6753 viewsfrenzied

going on the football league show was asking for trouble
Sacked manager thread on 16:48 - Sep 6 with 6650 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sacked manager thread on 15:57 - Sep 6 by frenzied

Like the curse of Manager of the Month,
Sacked manager thread on 20:07 - Sep 6 with 6400 views100notout

whenever I see these threads I always look to see how Hillys doing in the longest serving managers list.

18th now

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Sacked manager thread on 09:13 - Sep 7 with 6111 viewsdingdangblue

Sacked manager thread on 15:57 - Sep 6 by frenzied

When he buggered off as the presenter was introducing the next clip - I think that was a sign.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 9:14]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sacked manager thread on 09:52 - Sep 7 with 6058 viewsaleanddale

Sacked manager thread on 20:07 - Sep 6 by 100notout

whenever I see these threads I always look to see how Hillys doing in the longest serving managers list.

18th now

Walsall Smith 4th!!

And they are doing well.

Continuity is key.
Sacked manager thread on 13:22 - Sep 7 with 5899 viewsColDale

Sacked manager thread on 09:52 - Sep 7 by aleanddale

Walsall Smith 4th!!

And they are doing well.

Continuity is key.

Continuity with the right manager is the key. Dread to think what a sustained period of Eyre or Coleman would have done to us as a club.
Login to get fewer ads

Sacked manager thread on 14:18 - Sep 7 with 5831 viewsD_Dale

Sacked manager thread on 09:13 - Sep 7 by dingdangblue

When he buggered off as the presenter was introducing the next clip - I think that was a sign.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 9:14]

For me, the 'he's lost the plot' moment came just before that, when he said that what was needed was a bit of luck.

You can't base your strategy on appeals to the Football Gods. They exist only in our imagination.

I'd not be surprised if Ray Trew gets out his chopper for Ricardo Moniz if Notts Cheaty don't win a few of their forthcoming games.
Sacked manager thread on 20:24 - Sep 7 with 5593 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Sacked manager thread on 13:22 - Sep 7 by ColDale

Continuity with the right manager is the key. Dread to think what a sustained period of Eyre or Coleman would have done to us as a club.

We've chatted about this a few times. As much as I didn't particularly like his methods, I think we would have settled down under Coleman to be a mid-tier league two team with occasional flirtations with the play-offs. Essentially, a moe expensively assembled Accy. Eyre worried me far more. If given the time he would have overseen back-to-back relegations.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Sacked manager thread on 23:14 - Sep 7 with 5471 viewsbuckbyname

Sacked manager thread on 20:24 - Sep 7 by BigDaveMyCock

We've chatted about this a few times. As much as I didn't particularly like his methods, I think we would have settled down under Coleman to be a mid-tier league two team with occasional flirtations with the play-offs. Essentially, a moe expensively assembled Accy. Eyre worried me far more. If given the time he would have overseen back-to-back relegations.

But would you have settled for that mediocrity if Coleman had stayed?
Sacked manager thread on 23:54 - Sep 7 with 5436 viewsD_Alien

Sacked manager thread on 20:24 - Sep 7 by BigDaveMyCock

The types of stunts Coleman was pulling, and the utter disgust many of us felt with the behaviour of the players he put out on the park, would've precluded any possibility of long term fans of Rochdale FC allowing Coleman to settle down. Many of us were in open revolt - to the point of non-attendance - by the time CD moved to remove him which would surely have happened even if KH hadn't become available.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sacked manager thread on 05:35 - Sep 8 with 5377 viewsColDale

Sacked manager thread on 23:54 - Sep 7 by D_Alien

The types of stunts Coleman was pulling, and the utter disgust many of us felt with the behaviour of the players he put out on the park, would've precluded any possibility of long term fans of Rochdale FC allowing Coleman to settle down. Many of us were in open revolt - to the point of non-attendance - by the time CD moved to remove him which would surely have happened even if KH hadn't become available.

agreed. On the field, I don't doubt that Coleman would eventually have turned us into a side that was capable of making the Play Offs. His record at Accy shows that he's not a crap manager, and its only common sense to think that with a bigger budget, he'd eventually produce a Coleman side that would have seen us having Play Off potential. But if this club stands for anything, then Coleman cared little for that, and what might have worked elsewhere, was not working at Spotland. Long term Coleman would only seen the club diminish almost in spite of what league position we'd have been in. It's frightening reading Fitzochris's book how Coleman sees his time at Spotland. It still seems that he's hiding behind the twin factors of being born in Liverpool and not being called Keith as reasons why it didn't work out.
Sacked manager thread on 06:24 - Sep 8 with 5357 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Sacked manager thread on 23:54 - Sep 7 by D_Alien

By the same token CD and the fans would not have stood by whilst Eyre went through the leagues. They were of course thankfully both sacked. It was more a conversation about, if given time(despite their shortcomings), what would they have achieved on the field? What was ultimately their level? Just a speculative chat - a bit of conjecture.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2015 7:26]

Sacked manager thread on 09:42 - Sep 8 with 5227 viewsD_Alien

Sacked manager thread on 06:24 - Sep 8 by BigDaveMyCock

By the same token CD and the fans would not have stood by whilst Eyre went through the leagues. They were of course thankfully both sacked. It was more a conversation about, if given time(despite their shortcomings), what would they have achieved on the field? What was ultimately their level? Just a speculative chat - a bit of conjecture.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2015 7:26]

Fair point, and there's no doubt Coleman would've done better than Eyre over any extended period (who wouldn't !!) but the whole episode from KH leaving for Barnsley to his re-appointment sends shudders down me. The thought it might be repeated in the future doesn't bear thinking about, but there will come a point when a new manager will have to be installed. I hope I'm senile before that point. (Give it a couple of years then.)

[Post edited 8 Sep 2015 9:44]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sacked manager thread on 10:26 - Sep 8 with 5177 viewsfitzochris

Sacked manager thread on 09:42 - Sep 8 by D_Alien

Fair point, and there's no doubt Coleman would've done better than Eyre over any extended period (who wouldn't !!) but the whole episode from KH leaving for Barnsley to his re-appointment sends shudders down me. The thought it might be repeated in the future doesn't bear thinking about, but there will come a point when a new manager will have to be installed. I hope I'm senile before that point. (Give it a couple of years then.)

It's the chairman's intention to appoint from within when that situation arises. Things change, of course, as he himself admits, but the lessons of last time have been learnt.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Sacked manager thread on 14:27 - Sep 8 with 5013 viewsChaffRAFC

Dickov sacked at Doncaster.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Sacked manager thread on 14:45 - Sep 8 with 4975 viewslurker

Sacked manager thread on 14:27 - Sep 8 by ChaffRAFC

Shame that! He's a real talent!

I am sure someone will take a punt on him soon based purely on his impressive managerial record so far!

#sarcasm
Sacked manager thread on 14:58 - Sep 8 with 4950 viewsMIlnrowdale

Sacked manager thread on 14:45 - Sep 8 by lurker

I am sure someone will take a punt on him soon based purely on his impressive managerial record so far!

#sarcasm

Be at Oldham soon I think
Sacked manager thread on 17:48 - Sep 8 with 4796 viewspioneer

Walter Joyce may have struggled to do better than eyre-head - shame we had to suffer them both. He also lost his touch once he was faced with boys older than 12.
Sacked manager thread on 19:48 - Sep 8 with 4639 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Agree. One day it will happen and I dread the day. In some perverse way I hope that there is a mini decline before he goes so that I can reajust to us being shite again.
The sad thing is that mid table league 2 is probably about right for a competent manager of Rochdale. It'll be nice though if that manager wasn't some sort of aggressive scouse spiv.

Sacked manager thread on 19:55 - Sep 8 with 4620 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Sacked manager thread on 23:14 - Sep 7 by buckbyname

But would you have settled for that mediocrity if Coleman had stayed?

Compared to Hill no. Compared to Eyre probably.

Sacked manager thread on 10:28 - Sep 9 with 4354 viewsoff2div1

Sacked manager thread on 14:27 - Sep 8 by ChaffRAFC

Ex Leeds Managers in frame Redfearn & Mcdermot
Sacked manager thread on 15:28 - Sep 9 with 4222 viewsBigKindo

Sacked manager thread on 14:45 - Sep 8 by lurker

#sarcasm

Barnsley? There would be limited relocation expenses involved.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2015 15:28]
Sacked manager thread on 18:01 - Sep 12 with 3931 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Kelly gone from Oldham after todays battering
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024