Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shootings & Explosions in Paris 21:26 - Nov 13 with 40712 viewsDan_Swan

Tonight, near the Stade de France where the French are hosting the Germans. Sounds like carnage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203

Still following Dr's orders!

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:34 - Nov 14 with 3195 viewsLord_Bony

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:26 - Nov 14 by Brynmill_Jack

John Kerry used the terrorist attrocity in Paris to justify regime change in Syria.
Another skull and bones society member is attempt to repeat the mistakes of his buddy GW Bush. I hope the Russians turn on the Americans if they so much threaten Assad and democratic Syria again.

Hate to say it but The Russians and the Chinese have been the biggest assets to world peace the last few years.

If they had nt acted the way they did in 2013 the whole Middle East would be in flames by now.

They prevented a military conflagration on a huge scale.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:37 - Nov 14 with 3185 viewsmonmouth

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:30 - Nov 14 by ABERSWAN

As someone who goes to the liberty and follows Wales home and away,I was talking to the mrs about the stadium bombs,and why they blew themselves up,when they could have caused a huge loss of life. Well,not sure how to post a link,but on The Wall Street Journal website,they are reporting that,one of the terrorists had a ticket to the game,and was attempting to enter the stadium,15 minutes after kick off,but was foiled by security doing a quick search. He backed off and blew himself up. They seem to suggest that if he had got in and let the bomb off in the crowd, it would have caused a massive panic,and as people exited the stadium,2 more terrorists were waiting outside,with suicide vests on! Scary stuff!

They'd never get through the narrow turnstiles at the Liberty.

Seriously. Its London that would be targeted - plenty of soft targets for inhuman psychopaths. In wales, it would have to be the Capitol (but it won't be wales). Blowing up Swansea would be like blowing up Middlesbrough. Not maximising the press impact.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:38 - Nov 14 with 3181 viewsHighjack

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:11 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

True mate but they werent powerful like today it was just a name.

ISIS has risen from an Al-Qaeda franchise to a self-proclaimed state and one of the most potent threats in the Middle East these guys are dangerous to world peace...

But Gaddafi,Saddam and Bashir kept them in check even went to war against them...

only putting this line forward because the standard response of the uneducated seems to be it s the Muslims against Christians type thing ...there's a lot more to it than that.

As Tommy says the Saudis funding them certainly has helped their rise to power...us giving them the political vacuum they needed to grow has back fired on us...something has to be done..

Absolutely, it's less about religion and more about men wanting power.

The religion aspect is just one cog in a much bigger machine but it all comes down to power, territory and women, like every other fight between pretty much every species on the planet since the dawn of time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:41 - Nov 14 with 3168 viewsmonmouth

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:38 - Nov 14 by Highjack

Absolutely, it's less about religion and more about men wanting power.

The religion aspect is just one cog in a much bigger machine but it all comes down to power, territory and women, like every other fight between pretty much every species on the planet since the dawn of time.

Religion allows them to use ignorance fear and reward to gain ultimate compliance and control. As religion has ever done.

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 22:12 - Nov 14 with 3105 viewsQuakerJack

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:37 - Nov 14 by monmouth

They'd never get through the narrow turnstiles at the Liberty.

Seriously. Its London that would be targeted - plenty of soft targets for inhuman psychopaths. In wales, it would have to be the Capitol (but it won't be wales). Blowing up Swansea would be like blowing up Middlesbrough. Not maximising the press impact.

Not time for jokes I know, but as someone who works in Middlesbrough, I can reliably inform any would be jihadis that they needn't bother, someone's beaten them to it.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 23:34 - Nov 14 with 3001 viewsdaijack15

These radical groups have been in existence for over 30 - 40 years and they would only target their own countries but the minute the west started to inter fear we saw the beginning of heads turning towards the west. We were far to quick in saying we are right and they are wrong and because of oil we went in like a bull at a gate to kill their leaders and force our democratic ways down their throats. These leaders whether we like it or not have controlled their people the same way for thousands of years and along comes the yanks and Europe thinking we can change their way of life by killing their leaders and trying to install a democratic way of life that is alien to them. We are paying the price now and people like Blair and his cronies, the tory war mongers and bush and his war mongers should stand trial because they are the ones that have caused this.......Im afraid that there will be a lot more innocent that will die because of these bastards that will never own up they were wrong....
Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 00:13 - Nov 15 with 2958 viewsLord_Bony

Feck me you changed your tune. Well done son...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 00:25 - Nov 15 with 2937 viewsJack_Meoff

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 23:34 - Nov 14 by daijack15

These radical groups have been in existence for over 30 - 40 years and they would only target their own countries but the minute the west started to inter fear we saw the beginning of heads turning towards the west. We were far to quick in saying we are right and they are wrong and because of oil we went in like a bull at a gate to kill their leaders and force our democratic ways down their throats. These leaders whether we like it or not have controlled their people the same way for thousands of years and along comes the yanks and Europe thinking we can change their way of life by killing their leaders and trying to install a democratic way of life that is alien to them. We are paying the price now and people like Blair and his cronies, the tory war mongers and bush and his war mongers should stand trial because they are the ones that have caused this.......Im afraid that there will be a lot more innocent that will die because of these bastards that will never own up they were wrong....

A good post except we care only about resources to be exploited, rather than any democracy left behind - see Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan for prime examples.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2015 0:42]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 00:26 - Nov 15 with 2935 viewsNookiejack

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:03 - Nov 14 by Jack_Meoff

Do you have a link or a source you'd recommend to a layman mate? Never heard of the History of Wahhabism before, genuinely curious.

Here you go

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabias-history-of-hyp
Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 00:39 - Nov 15 with 2920 viewsNookiejack

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:06 - Nov 14 by jackonicko

I'd say longer than that, unfortunately.

But the story of the secret Sykes-Picot deal, for example, is well worth a read.

Here's quite a good article about Sykes-Picot

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/robert-fisk-the-old-partitio
Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 00:47 - Nov 15 with 2910 viewsepaul

For all the facists, racists and multi cultural haters and "all Muslims must come out and ........' so called "Christians" who don't come our when good old non Muslim s commit "terrorist" attacks(Brevik e.g ), of which there are a damn sight more that Muslim terrorists which is fallacy as they ain't Muslim s but nothing more than f*cking murderers

http://www.alternet.org/media/muslims-around-world-condemn-paris-attacks

ISIL murdered over a 100,000 Muslims in the last 2 years,

P.S. actualy saw on fb someone talking about setting up a home guard to take on these "terrorists" should they invade our shores

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 09:24 - Nov 15 with 2808 viewswaynekerr55

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 00:47 - Nov 15 by epaul

For all the facists, racists and multi cultural haters and "all Muslims must come out and ........' so called "Christians" who don't come our when good old non Muslim s commit "terrorist" attacks(Brevik e.g ), of which there are a damn sight more that Muslim terrorists which is fallacy as they ain't Muslim s but nothing more than f*cking murderers

ISIL murdered over a 100,000 Muslims in the last 2 years,

P.S. actualy saw on fb someone talking about setting up a home guard to take on these "terrorists" should they invade our shores

Are you taking about the home guard that should be "mobolised"
[Post edited 15 Nov 2015 9:27]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 10:17 - Nov 15 with 2756 viewsperchrockjack

PAUL.
Its like this ,for me.

Of there were similar butchering in the name of Jesus/Anglicanism on the streets o f Britain I would be the frst on the the streets to say, Not in my name.

I m fully aware of muslims being victims- if they are not seen the right sect of Islam, and that IS the point.

I aint a racist but we face a threat that IS religion based. The fact its a particular facet of that religion is crucial.

Im not attacking or slagging off Muslim people per se ,just the religious zealots and those who want to destroy all they see as heretics or infidels.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 10:58 - Nov 15 with 2728 viewsPrivate_Partz

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 23:34 - Nov 14 by daijack15

I agree with most of that although I would, not say that democracy is foreign to these countries. I am sure they are capable of embracing it. The problem ha been that the West has left far too early after the overthrow of the dictators. The war is short term. The introduction of democracy is long term. This is why I never agree with countries going in unilaterally. It has to be with the agreement of all interested parties with the full backing of the UN. The latter should then remain in force in such countries until they have the full capability of defending themselves against insurgence.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 11:32 - Nov 15 with 2697 viewsNookiejack

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 10:58 - Nov 15 by Private_Partz

I agree with most of that although I would, not say that democracy is foreign to these countries. I am sure they are capable of embracing it. The problem ha been that the West has left far too early after the overthrow of the dictators. The war is short term. The introduction of democracy is long term. This is why I never agree with countries going in unilaterally. It has to be with the agreement of all interested parties with the full backing of the UN. The latter should then remain in force in such countries until they have the full capability of defending themselves against insurgence.

As others have said above why doesn't the West militarily introduce 'democracy'' to Saudi Arabia and China then with their appalling records of human rights?

Read also above how Britain/France messed this up after First World War with Sykes/Pickot plan drawing fake lines in the sand creating nations that didn't exist before - because of oil even then - instead of recognising historical Sunni/Shia populations.

Let's also not forget about Palestinian issue either. Which will continue to cause instability unless a political solution is found. No more building of Israeli settlements on Palestinian lands etc. Do you call that democracy?
Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 12:56 - Nov 15 with 2663 viewsEbo

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 13:05 - Nov 15 with 2655 viewsmonmouth

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 12:56 - Nov 15 by Ebo

but they're not on the road outside perchies house. Not good enough.

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 14:23 - Nov 15 with 2601 viewsperchrockjack

Why Mon?

poor

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 22:07 - Nov 15 with 2526 viewsLord_Bony

Obama...We re speeding up training of ISIL

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 22:22 - Nov 15 with 2500 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 22:27 - Nov 15 with 2478 viewsDarran

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 22:22 - Nov 15 by epaul

Tidy but there is still no justification of what's just happened in Paris,there never will be in my opinion.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 22:31 - Nov 15 with 2460 viewsPrivate_Partz

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 11:32 - Nov 15 by Nookiejack

As others have said above why doesn't the West militarily introduce 'democracy'' to Saudi Arabia and China then with their appalling records of human rights?

Read also above how Britain/France messed this up after First World War with Sykes/Pickot plan drawing fake lines in the sand creating nations that didn't exist before - because of oil even then - instead of recognising historical Sunni/Shia populations.

Let's also not forget about Palestinian issue either. Which will continue to cause instability unless a political solution is found. No more building of Israeli settlements on Palestinian lands etc. Do you call that democracy?

Indeed not. I am just talking about this situation. I fully agree with you that there is massive inconsistency. I have already quoted the courting China in other posts. Whether we should have gone in of not is very debatable in the first place.
So just to clarify. 'If' all parties deem a war against a dictator is warranted then as much, if not more, attention must be placed upon the aftermath as the war itself.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 22:33 - Nov 15 with 2456 viewsLohengrin

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 22:22 - Nov 15 by epaul

That's tickled me, Paul, fair play. I take it you're aware that your pals at Searchlight consider Colmain a Fascist, right?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 11:48 - Nov 16 with 2329 viewsdailew

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 09:44 - Nov 14 by yescomeon

Well from reading this it is quite clear the terrorists are winning. Im willing to bet that it will come out that the attackers are French rather than immigrants. Just like the Charlie Hebdo attackers, what are we going to do? Order drone strikes on Muslim neighbourhoods in Paris? The people ordering these attacks want to cause a divide between Muslims and the rest of us in the West, they want to cause young Muslims to feel isolated as this is where they recruit their foot soldiers.

Two of the Jihadis sneaked into Europe via Greece by posing as refugees and being rescued from a sinking migrant boat - and survivors say one of the attackers was a WOMAN

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318379/Hunt-Isis-killers-Syrian-passpor
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 12:34 - Nov 16 with 2304 viewsMillJack

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 11:48 - Nov 16 by dailew

Two of the Jihadis sneaked into Europe via Greece by posing as refugees and being rescued from a sinking migrant boat - and survivors say one of the attackers was a WOMAN

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318379/Hunt-Isis-killers-Syrian-passpor
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/15/why-syrian-refugee-passport-found-a

Does a fully intact passport, being found near the body of someone who has just blown themselves up, sound legitimate to you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024