Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shootings & Explosions in Paris 21:26 - Nov 13 with 40716 viewsDan_Swan

Tonight, near the Stade de France where the French are hosting the Germans. Sounds like carnage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203

Still following Dr's orders!

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:11 - Nov 14 with 2051 viewsskippyjack

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:09 - Nov 14 by perchrockjack

I just wonder what goes through people s heads at times like these.

Sometimes ive replied to posts without having read what was posted by an individual poster main,y because I just know what the content would be. Predictive posting.

Now folk off neathie boy and reflect as you re well off it ,son.

Fin

You've practically said i need to see a psychiatrist for speaking about 'factual evidence'..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:12 - Nov 14 with 2039 viewsNeath_Jack

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:09 - Nov 14 by perchrockjack

I just wonder what goes through people s heads at times like these.

Sometimes ive replied to posts without having read what was posted by an individual poster main,y because I just know what the content would be. Predictive posting.

Now folk off neathie boy and reflect as you re well off it ,son.

Fin

I'll folk off nowhere.

You are f*cking unhinged, and you haven't even got the good grace to apologise, goes with the territory i suppose, old habits and all that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:15 - Nov 14 with 2029 viewsJack_Meoff

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 19:41 - Nov 14 by Private_Partz

My apologies JM. Tea had just arrived so I did not read the article and was going to put. ' I was surprised by his fast fall from grace but.......'. I opted for a quicker option.
It is a very interesting article and I dont suppose the Yanks change of heart was down to Syria supporting Russian bases was it?
I recall Putin stating his surprise at the support for rebels when it all kicked off.
The ideal solution would be the ISIS loses its base and a popular Asad remains in Syria and does not attack his own. Untophia probably be he surely cannot be any worse than the present situation.

No worries mucker. The thing is, even if we were concerned about human rights abuse in Syria, it's still a red herring. If the west cared one jot about human rights, then the likes of (for example) Saudi Arabia would be in ruins instead of being one of our biggest customers in the arms trade. So, Assad, being democatically elected, and popular in his country begs the question - what the feck are the west's interests in Syria?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2015 20:16]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:18 - Nov 14 with 2011 viewsperchrockjack

Aye.

Sad

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:24 - Nov 14 with 1999 viewsPrivate_Partz

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:15 - Nov 14 by Jack_Meoff

No worries mucker. The thing is, even if we were concerned about human rights abuse in Syria, it's still a red herring. If the west cared one jot about human rights, then the likes of (for example) Saudi Arabia would be in ruins instead of being one of our biggest customers in the arms trade. So, Assad, being democatically elected, and popular in his country begs the question - what the feck are the west's interests in Syria?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2015 20:16]

Human Rights have never seemed much of an issue when business is concerned. China is another good example. I still think their association with Russia has played a big part in the Syria situation. Any interest by the West would appear to be well and truly finished now and i am sure all the rebels will be ousted very soon. I hope they stay around to clear Iraq as well. After ISIS downing a Russion aircraft I supect they very well might.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:29 - Nov 14 with 1983 viewsDarran

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/after-paris/17631#.VkeZX3rfWK2

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:31 - Nov 14 with 1977 viewsDr_Winston

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:29 - Nov 14 by Darran

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/after-paris/17631#.VkeZX3rfWK2

Brendan O'Neill is a great writer.

Unlikely to be popular with some, and often contrary for the sake of it, but superb nonetheless.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:43 - Nov 14 with 1950 viewsLord_Bony

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:31 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

Brendan O'Neill is a great writer.

Unlikely to be popular with some, and often contrary for the sake of it, but superb nonetheless.

Seems like a lazy journalist to me.

Why does nt he address the real problem..How in Gods name did we allow ISIS to become so huge and powerful in the first place?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:46 - Nov 14 with 1940 viewsmonmouth

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:43 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

Why does nt he address the real problem..How in Gods name did we allow ISIS to become so huge and powerful in the first place?

Almost overnight. One minute it's Al Queda, next minute ISIS, fully formed, fully equipped and ready to rumblewith a effective and operational media machine to spread their name and aims.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:47 - Nov 14 with 1931 viewsDr_Winston

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:43 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

Because we failed to realise that regional strongmen, no matter how repugnant, were the only thing keeping a lid on these loonies in the first place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:50 - Nov 14 with 1916 viewsmonmouth

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:47 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

Because we failed to realise that regional strongmen, no matter how repugnant, were the only thing keeping a lid on these loonies in the first place.

Indeed. As with Tito.

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:51 - Nov 14 with 1912 viewsDr_Winston

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:50 - Nov 14 by monmouth

Indeed. As with Tito.

Maybe we should be more appreciative of Putin...

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:54 - Nov 14 with 1900 viewsLord_Bony

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:47 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

Is the correct answer.

So going by that logic our foreign policy and military campaigns of the west were deeply flawed to invade those countries and remove these strongmen in the first place.

Continuing that line of logic would put a large part of the blame on us then as we helped ISIS rise to power and become a force to be reckoned with.

Had we left those countries alone then ISIS could not have existed and therefore not have carried out the atrocites such as we witnessed last night...just a thought...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:55 - Nov 14 with 1898 viewsmonmouth

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:51 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

Maybe we should be more appreciative of Putin...

Well I thought he couldn't be worse than Yeltsin...

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:58 - Nov 14 with 1885 viewsJack_Meoff

Before consulting the great god Google, I wonder how related time-wise the rise in ISIL or whatever today's term is, to the vote against bombing Syria in the Commons in 2013? As has been mentioned, they sprung up a bit sharpish did they not?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2015 21:00]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:00 - Nov 14 with 1872 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:54 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

Is the correct answer.

So going by that logic our foreign policy and military campaigns of the west were deeply flawed to invade those countries and remove these strongmen in the first place.

Continuing that line of logic would put a large part of the blame on us then as we helped ISIS rise to power and become a force to be reckoned with.

Had we left those countries alone then ISIS could not have existed and therefore not have carried out the atrocites such as we witnessed last night...just a thought...

Indeed

However

You won't understand ISIS if you don't know the History of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia

Deep rooted stuff

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:03 - Nov 14 with 1859 viewsJack_Meoff

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:00 - Nov 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed

However

You won't understand ISIS if you don't know the History of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia

Deep rooted stuff

Do you have a link or a source you'd recommend to a layman mate? Never heard of the History of Wahhabism before, genuinely curious.

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:03 - Nov 14 with 1857 viewsDr_Winston

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:54 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

Is the correct answer.

Technically ISIS existed in 1999, well before the removal of Saddam, and well, well before Gaddafi, Egypt and Syria.

Ultimately the roots of the problem go back to the aftermath of the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, in post WW1 days.

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:05 - Nov 14 with 1845 viewsperchrockjack

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:00 - Nov 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed

However

Deep rooted stuff

True enough bony . It is understandable but not excusable. This is causing some posters confusion.

No excuses .

No reason to do this.

They might have done regardless.

Just sorry we ever set foot in any Middle East country and let them kill each other as they love to do

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:06 - Nov 14 with 1845 viewsjackonicko

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:03 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

Technically ISIS existed in 1999, well before the removal of Saddam, and well, well before Gaddafi, Egypt and Syria.

Ultimately the roots of the problem go back to the aftermath of the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, in post WW1 days.

I'd say longer than that, unfortunately.

But the story of the secret Sykes-Picot deal, for example, is well worth a read.
Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:08 - Nov 14 with 1837 viewsDr_Winston

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 20:55 - Nov 14 by monmouth

Well I thought he couldn't be worse than Yeltsin...

Boris was brilliant. Must be something about the name that generates highly entertaining politicians.

Russia is another country used to being bossed about by those in charge. It's popular to decry him but they're far stronger now than when he took over so you can understand why he's popular there.

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:11 - Nov 14 with 1813 viewsLord_Bony

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:03 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

True mate but they werent powerful like today it was just a name.

ISIS has risen from an Al-Qaeda franchise to a self-proclaimed state and one of the most potent threats in the Middle East these guys are dangerous to world peace...

But Gaddafi,Saddam and Bashir kept them in check even went to war against them...

only putting this line forward because the standard response of the uneducated seems to be it s the Muslims against Christians type thing ...there's a lot more to it than that.

As Tommy says the Saudis funding them certainly has helped their rise to power...us giving them the political vacuum they needed to grow has back fired on us...something has to be done..

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:11 - Nov 14 with 1810 viewsDr_Winston

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:06 - Nov 14 by jackonicko

I'd say longer than that, unfortunately.

But the story of the secret Sykes-Picot deal, for example, is well worth a read.

No doubt. Colonial powers treated the Middle East like shit.

Granted that wasn't helped by the Medieval approach favoured by the natives, but more thought should have been given towards dividing up the place along tribal/religious grounds.

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:26 - Nov 14 with 1775 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 19:23 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

That is nonsense we still use to this day...he did not.

It was a false flag event,probably with CIA backing saying he used chemical weapons as an excuse ...this was to drag us into all out war in Syria...most of the world did not buy it at the time because it was so ridiculous. The yanks were chomping at the bit in 2013 to go in and so were we to overthrow Assad...luckily Parliament voted against it or it would have been going to war on a lie again just like Iraq.

http://americanfreepress.net/u-s-false-flag-exposed-world-isnt-buying-syria-stor

John Kerry used the terrorist attrocity in Paris to justify regime change in Syria.
Another skull and bones society member is attempt to repeat the mistakes of his buddy GW Bush. I hope the Russians turn on the Americans if they so much threaten Assad and democratic Syria again.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Shootings & Explosions in Paris on 21:30 - Nov 14 with 1763 viewsABERSWAN

As someone who goes to the liberty and follows Wales home and away,I was talking to the mrs about the stadium bombs,and why they blew themselves up,when they could have caused a huge loss of life. Well,not sure how to post a link,but on The Wall Street Journal website,they are reporting that,one of the terrorists had a ticket to the game,and was attempting to enter the stadium,15 minutes after kick off,but was foiled by security doing a quick search. He backed off and blew himself up. They seem to suggest that if he had got in and let the bomb off in the crowd, it would have caused a massive panic,and as people exited the stadium,2 more terrorists were waiting outside,with suicide vests on! Scary stuff!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024