Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hooparoo's shout for manager 20:35 - Nov 15 with 14738 viewsbosh67

Roberto Di Matteo - what a great shout. Can't believe he hasn't been mentioned. Available as well.

Almost 50% win rate at every club he has served.

Okay, ex chelsea but got overlooked the last few times here. Great man manager and plays great football.

Only problem I guess would be if he would take the step down to this division? Probably not but a great shout I thought.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:45 - Nov 19 with 1234 viewswhittocksRs

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:21 - Nov 19 by Mvpeter

It's 2015 and you want to bring up the MALTESE league experience from 1988, his complete failure as a youth coach of the England U20's in 1999, his two months as an assistant coach for a luton team being relegated in 2000 and his most recent and only success, 3rd division american club Charleston Battery ELEVEN YEARS ago.

That is not plenty of managerial experience. That is not the minimum required to be manager of a premier league team nor a championship team and so it proved.

Those jobs still defeat your argument because far less experienced, younger coaches have gone on to be successes. Point is experience was not the problem. In-game management was, as was have a chairman having a bi-polar episode halfway through the season.
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:48 - Nov 19 with 1222 viewswhittocksRs

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:45 - Nov 19 by Mvpeter

Not one is less experienced in senior professional football. Not one.

Monk was eight when Ramsey first led a team. Eight. As his club career didn't start until 1995, it is literally impossible for him to have been more experienced when he became head coach of Swansea. Think.
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:51 - Nov 19 with 1210 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:45 - Nov 19 by Mvpeter

Not one is less experienced in senior professional football. Not one.

eh?

To change the subject from this ludicrousness, give us your top 3 you'd love to see brought in... I am interested, because I'll be jiggered if i could name my top 3 (possible) choices. Have you got a preference?

Bare bones.

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:53 - Nov 19 with 1209 viewsMvpeter

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:48 - Nov 19 by whittocksRs

Monk was eight when Ramsey first led a team. Eight. As his club career didn't start until 1995, it is literally impossible for him to have been more experienced when he became head coach of Swansea. Think.

It's a common principle in employment that time out of an industry does not count as experience. It's also taken that the experience of a 2 years ago is less valuable than that of one year ago. Monks 10 consecutive years at a successful club massively outweigh Ramsey's Maltese experience from 1988.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2013/08/07/out-of-work-over-9-months-good-luck-fi

This helps explain it. Replace 9 months out of the industry with 11 years.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 14:57]

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:55 - Nov 19 with 1201 viewsMvpeter

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:51 - Nov 19 by Antti_Heinola

eh?

To change the subject from this ludicrousness, give us your top 3 you'd love to see brought in... I am interested, because I'll be jiggered if i could name my top 3 (possible) choices. Have you got a preference?

It's a tough one isn't it?

I'll take Jackett....erm..Hasslebank...erm...Bloody hard one this. It's tough to know who's realistic.

Edit: If we can count rodgers (doubt we can) then him too. I don't know if any of three are realistic though.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 15:10]

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 15:34 - Nov 19 with 1144 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:55 - Nov 19 by Mvpeter

It's a tough one isn't it?

I'll take Jackett....erm..Hasslebank...erm...Bloody hard one this. It's tough to know who's realistic.

Edit: If we can count rodgers (doubt we can) then him too. I don't know if any of three are realistic though.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 15:10]

i assume JFH is realistic. And Jackett could be, depending on how he feels about Wolves (who are, hate to say it, a 'bigger' club).
Rodgers. I dunno. I can't see it. I'd be happy to have him, think he'd do a great job and he'd get us promotion in all likelihood next season. But surely he'll have bigger fish to fry? Maybe even abroad.
But dunno. Think there's a fan tendency to think pretty much any manager is useless these days.

Bare bones.

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 15:42 - Nov 19 with 1136 viewsMvpeter

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 15:34 - Nov 19 by Antti_Heinola

i assume JFH is realistic. And Jackett could be, depending on how he feels about Wolves (who are, hate to say it, a 'bigger' club).
Rodgers. I dunno. I can't see it. I'd be happy to have him, think he'd do a great job and he'd get us promotion in all likelihood next season. But surely he'll have bigger fish to fry? Maybe even abroad.
But dunno. Think there's a fan tendency to think pretty much any manager is useless these days.

I'd be happy with most of the names being bandied about.

I think JFH would be silly to come here. He's got a good thing going there. Same with Jackett, they are bigger and better.

Rodgers seems like a pipe dream to me. As hard as this is to believe I've only ever thought two managers of either of my teams were useless, unfortunately they were the last two at QPR.

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 15:50 - Nov 19 with 1129 viewsichbinnaughty

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:51 - Nov 19 by Antti_Heinola

eh?

1) Rodgers
2) Pearson
3) Rowett

FCK I DUNNO
Login to get fewer ads

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 16:40 - Nov 19 with 1103 viewswhittocksRs

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 14:53 - Nov 19 by Mvpeter

It's a common principle in employment that time out of an industry does not count as experience. It's also taken that the experience of a 2 years ago is less valuable than that of one year ago. Monks 10 consecutive years at a successful club massively outweigh Ramsey's Maltese experience from 1988.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2013/08/07/out-of-work-over-9-months-good-luck-fi

This helps explain it. Replace 9 months out of the industry with 11 years.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 14:57]

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 10:27 - Nov 21 with 1002 viewsHooparoo

Anybody got any intel on Dean Smith? Starting to get mentioned in the manager race with rapidly shortening odds.

I just wish they would get on with it as it must be unsettling for the players.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024